• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

Does anyone knows how to get the Spokes in Two Wheels achievement/trophy? Big Mission 10 and 11 spoilers:
Apparently you can rescue both Alison and find the Orchid cure in the bank according to this achievement. However, I don't know how to do both since you fail one if you choose between going to the bank or rescuing Allison.

This really makes me want to wait until I find someone who did this. I can't find any guide for this one :(
I did it first try, there are two ways of doing it.

Full details on how to do it:
Method 1) This is what I did. You don't do the bank mission at all, Alison gives you a jammer when you finish her mission which you keep with you for a while. In the last mission when you have a choice between choosing between saving the delegates and going after Marchenko. You go after the delegates BUT I am pretty damn sure that you have to remain unseen, infact I am also pretty damn sure that you have to remain unseen during the section where you have to neutralise 11 guards otherwise the cutscene plays where he calls you to meet him. Once you save them you double back to go after Marchenko when you see him you get a conversation and then an option to jam his bomb signal. Followed by a boss fight.

Method 2) The OTHER method would be, if you went for the bank heist then you go after Marchenko EXCEPT, right after you get the choice to go after Marchenko or saving the delegate you go out and search for Marchenko's killswitch first. It looks like a multitool and is in a room to the right of the room where you find Miller. Once you do that you pretty much do the same thing...but this time instead of getting the option to jam a signal you get the option of killing Marchenko with a killswitch..and he dies without a boss fight. This also gives you the trophy Laputan machine.

Finished the game and pretty much all my complaints still remain.

on the Bosses:
Or should I say boss lol. seriously there was only 1 boss in the entire game wtf? Actually I fought 2 bosses if you count the ending of the Harvest Side Mission as a boss fight which I guess it was.

Still cannot wait for the next Deus Ex. They really should have sold this as the beginning of a trilogy since it is.

Well not like HR had a lot, that one had 3 and they were all devoid of any choice.
The ones here are atleast variable and allow for different player approach.

rtcn63

I've done all my current sidequest chains and will probably start the first proper mission soon. Just gonna bring the stun gun and the tactical shotgun (just in case). If I do any more sidequests I'm going to burn out, plus I don't really have space in Jensen's apartment to hold any more ammo.

No crashes in another two hours of play, although exiting to the main menu sometimes takes a long while. And fuck train rides.

The amount of things I can do is driving me to distraction. I just can't stay focused on a quest. I put most of my points into exploratory powers and now I keep branching off everywhere.

Anyone else have the same "problem"? How do you deal? :p

Loving the game btw.

hollomat

Banned
How do i remote hack turrets? I have the augs purchased, I press x on the turret and it starts the thing where it goes back and forth over frequency waves. What do I do here? There's no tutorial for it.

I've tried pressing x, since it says x for breach, but it does nothing. Tried every button but nothing seems to work.

Edit: Figured it out. I had unlocked remote turret hacking, but hadn't unlocked normal hacking of turrets yet.

NeonBlack

Question about the Harvester questline.

I've knocked out
Daria during the fight. Do I just leave her there? Theres no way point for turning her in.

Nevermind just had to walk outside lol

Simo

How do i remote hack turrets? I have the augs purchased, I press x on the turret and it starts the thing where it goes back and forth over frequency waves. What do I do here? There's no tutorial for it.

I've tried pressing x, since it says x for breach, but it does nothing. Tried every button but nothing seems to work.

Press X on the big spike in the signal to breach.

Mission 9 uggggggggghhhhhhh

Why do devs insist on putting these 'alternative' sections in to their games. "Here's a section where you don't get to do the things you enjoy doing in our game. Enjoy!"

nOoblet16

Without talking about the fact that you didn't use spoiler tags at all.
I'll just say that half of the things are an issue to you because you just made up your mind that they are problems. And some of the things you are not even right about
The drug is not for augs but instead it's a drug for normal people that is deadly to augs due to the Neuropozynein their body. The murderer is a she and if you spent time actually digging in you'd realise why she is crazy the way she is and why she targets augs despite being augumented herself, she is related to Tai Yong Medical. The cultist don't worship augs they worship "The Machine God" a hypothetical AI and want to ascend by joining with a computer to form that AI, this was obviously a reference to Helios-Denton AI who was basically a Demi God .
The game is about segregation between augs and naturals, why is it surprising that stuff about augs is common in a police state meant to oppress the augs ? And ofcourse augs are common, they were so common in HR that they had a chinese company mass producing cheap stuff for even the low class.

CHC

Mannnnn so sorry about spoiler tags thing, fixed that right up. Didn't have any major bombs in there or anything but yeah definitely not good, sorry for that.

CHC

Is there a way to restore your battery without using a bio?

Not beyond the thick part of the meter. Batteries become more plentiful later, don't worry. Typically I just let it sit on the minimum and then "charge up" for a mission or a section that requires sustained active augmentations.

KorrZ

The amount of things I can do is driving me to distraction. I just can't stay focused on a quest. I put most of my points into exploratory powers and now I keep branching off everywhere.

Loving the game btw.

9 hours and still haven't gone to meet up with Miller ... if you figure out a way let me know lol.

God damn branching paths leading me astray every 2 seconds.

jmizzal

Where do you guys store your extra stuff when your inventory is full and you dont want to go all the way back to his house. I know on Deus ex HR I stored my stuff in Adams office, i'm thinking I might store it in the shooting range locker room, just drop my extra stuff im not using there.

Question about the Harvester questline.

I've knocked out
Daria during the fight. Do I just leave her there? Theres no way point for turning her in.

you should call Chang immediately after... the conversation kinda makes it clear the police will come get her, so did you not get it?

are you sure you KOed her during the fight? i went back and I tranqed her from outside the area through the gate, and it 'fails' the quest lol -- which is kinda dumb since I knew she was dirty at that point but the game gives you no option to confront her unless you go waaaay over to see her doctor. so you gotta KO her during the actual fight for the quest to complete.

w0s

Not beyond the thick part of the meter. Batteries become more plentiful later, don't worry. Typically I just let it sit on the minimum and then "charge up" for a mission or a section that requires sustained active augmentations.
That is what I have been doing. I think I have 5 bio and I'm doing mission 6 but I haven't seen any for sale. I guess I'll keep using it as I have been then when it opens up to me having more be a little more liberal with them. Thanks!!

Ugh I was originally gonna play non-lethal so I chose the non-lethal typhoon but I have since switched and I want the lethal aug :( just makes me not use it

Love the game tho!

That is what I have been doing. I think I have 5 bio and I'm doing mission 6 but I haven't seen any for sale. I guess I'll keep using it as I have been then when it opens up to me having more be a little more liberal with them. Thanks!!
You can also craft them.

The 'cop stops Jensen' cutscenes get old after the 2nd one. I get it, augs are oppressed and harassed.
Haha I like when you take the 'Naturals' metro...

I actually never did most of the game, and then I accidently did and I didn't even realize it... was wonder why some kid was staring at me weirdly lol didn't even notice they were all naturals. Then I got off and a cop gave me shit lol.

Simo

Did anyone but this game on PSN? If so, could you please explain to me what the covert pack is? And did anyone receive the theme when they purchased the game?

I did and the Covert Pack is like the other packs in the game in that you get additional outfits for Jensen as well as weapons that have a few mods built into them as well as a "Elite" skin.

Yeah I got the theme when I preordered a few months ago.

Trago

Just finished. Great game. Not the best story in the series, but some of the best level design this generation.

The dev team should be proud!

nOoblet16

you should call Chang immediately after... the conversation kinda makes it clear the police will come get her, so did you not get it?

are you sure you KOed her during the fight? i went back and I tranqed her from outside the area through the gate, and it 'fails' the quest lol -- which is kinda dumb since I knew she was dirty at that point but the game gives you no option to confront her unless you go waaaay over to see her doctor. so you gotta KO her during the actual fight for the quest to complete.
Can you see and talk to her doctor? Or is it just the email you see in his desk? Also when should you talk to him before she calls you to tell you that she is in danger or after?[spoiler

Diancecht

Where do you guys store your extra stuff when your inventory is full and you dont want to go all the way back to his house. I know on Deus ex HR I stored my stuff in Adams office, i'm thinking I might store it in the shooting range locker room, just drop my extra stuff im not using there.

There is a stash in Adam's apartment, near the tv.

Floody

Loving the game btw.

Yeah, I have this problem too, just spent like an hour knocking out every guard and disabling all the security in the bank, so I can loot it all, had no need to either, just saw a big building and went from there.

That's probably worse that just making it static. I'm usually always let down by pre-order themes, so I'm glad I skipped this one.

Does it at least have good ambient music?
It absolutely is an example of a theme that should have been static.

The music is good but a little too intense for my liking for system music. I think the input sounds are good.

Caode

Just finished. Great game. Not the best story in the series, but some of the best level design this generation.

The dev team should be proud!

I just
finished up the debate with Allison Stanek
, what would be your gauge of how far through I am?

The story hasn't caught me in it's grasp anywhere near as much as previous games in the series but the sense of world building is fantastic, taking my time and exploring everywhere, checking out every little detail.

Trago

I just
finished up the debate with Allison Stanek
, what would be your gauge of how far through I am?

The story hasn't caught me in it's grasp anywhere near as much as previous games in the series but the sense of world building is fantastic, taking my time and exploring everywhere, checking out every little detail.

You're getting there.

Samikaze

It absolutely is an example of a theme that should have been static.

The music is good but a little too intense for my liking for system music. I think the input sounds are good.

I'm the same way. I tend to let my dashboard stay up for long periods of time, so intense or badly looped theme music gets old fast.

Thanks!

h0tp0ck3t

I'm pretty sure I just completed a sidequest without ever starting it lmao.
Early game spoilers
Sewers in Prague, find a level 5 keypad with a gunturret behind a gate. Stand in front of gunturret to shoot down gate. Sneak past turret to find another level 5 keypad. Hack it with a multitool and now I'm in a Neon lab. Knock all the guards out, drain the tanks, achievement unlocked
Good ol Deus Ex

Caode

Early game spoilers
Sewers in Prague, find a level 5 keypad with a gunturret behind a gate. Stand in front of gunturret to shoot down gate. Sneak past turret to find another level 5 keypad. Hack it with a multitool and now I'm in a Neon lab. Knock all the guards out, drain the tanks, achievement unlocked
Good ol Deus Ex

That's amazing, I didn't get around to that until I was about 20 hours in. That's what I love about Deus Ex, stumbling upon stuff like that.

Early game spoilers
Good ol Deus Ex

yeah same here. I didnt know if I was disappointed or happy.

nOoblet16

Early game spoilers
Good ol Deus Ex

Uh..I did the same but I never got any trophy. I didn't even know what I did in there and only later I realise it was the end area of a side quest on my 2nd playthrough.

CHC

Without talking about the fact that you didn't use spoiler tags at all.
I'll just say that half of the things are an issue to you because you just made up your mind that they are problems. And some of the things you are not even right about
The drug is not for augs but instead it's a drug for normal people that is deadly to augs due to the Neuropozynein their body. The murderer is a she and if you spent time actually digging in you'd realise why she is crazy the way she is and why she targets augs despite being augumented herself, she is related to Tai Yong Medical. The cultist don't worship augs they worship "The Machine God" a hypothetical AI and want to ascend by joining with a computer to form that AI, this was obviously a reference to Helios-Denton AI who was basically a Demi God .
The game is about segregation between augs and naturals, why is it surprising that stuff about augs is common in a police state meant to oppress the augs ? And ofcourse augs are common, they were so common in HR that they had a chinese company mass producing cheap stuff for even the low class.

I mean, I get the importance of augs in the world, and yes I was definitely loose with the details and perhaps a bit inexact in how augs relate to the various things I listed. But nevertheless, all of those things DO directly concern augmentation one way or another, and I can't help but feel that the entire aug angle is plumbed just a little too heavily. I mean certainly, there are other things going on in the world not related to augs?

I guess part of my exhaustion with hearing "aug aug aug" over and over stems from the fact that I kind of just don't buy the whole foundation - that people would flock en masse to permanently modify their bodies with mechanical parts. Certainly there would be a fringe group at least that would happily do it, but on the whole people don't like things in their body. I've worked in a hospital and seen how deeply upsetting it is for people to have anything interfering with their body. Like I said, there can be exceptions, but I don't think most people would readily swap their limbs for mechanical ones no matter how great the benefits seemed to be.

So in short, I don't mind suspending my disbelief for certain things (
Golem City
was very cool, for instance) but on the whole I think the entire aug thing is just too much. There are other stories they can tell with the aug angle as a constant, a backdrop, that don't have to directly concern augmentations and the people who use them. The first Deus Ex, for instance, talked about augs here and there - it was a part of the world but not all of it. It feels like every single story has to concern augs to an almost ridiculous degree.

Again though, I'm enjoying the game immensely, and I'm not trying to get anyone to agree with me necessarily about the aug thing, I just think the idea and its various implications have been thoroughly exhausted, and by this point in the game's timeline it feels like it should be more something that simmers in the background rather than dominates literally every single that happens.

nOoblet16

I mean, I get the importance of augs in the world, and yes I was definitely loose with the details and perhaps a bit inexact in how augs relate to the various things I listed. But nevertheless, all of those things DO directly concern augmentation one way or another, and I can't help but feel that the entire aug angle is plumbed just a little too heavily. I mean certainly, there are other things going on in the world not related to augs?

I guess part of my exhaustion with hearing "aug aug aug" over and over stems from the fact that I kind of just don't buy the whole foundation - that people would flock en masse to permanently modify their bodies with mechanical parts. Certainly there would be a fringe group at least that would happily do it, but on the whole people don't like things in their body.

The thing to note is that the world in Deus Ex went through a phase of transhumanism. Augs were letting them do things that was so far beyond anything that a normal human could do or achieve that it wasn't even funny. It was almost magic...getting things done to their body was a small price to pay for all of that. It was also during a time when illuminati had the least control over human beings.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I also encountered the bug (on PS4) where hard saves were blanked out of the menu. Probably lost about 20 minutes of item collecting over it, but nothing catastrophic. Final hoarding counts prior to finally going to Golem City:

77 bottles of alcohol
1060 repair parts
66525 XP
15148 credits

The side missions are amazing.

The thing to note is that the world in Deus Ex went through a phase of transhumanism. Augs were letting them do things that was so far beyond anything that a normal human could do or achieve that it wasn't even funny. It was almost magic...getting things done to their body was a small price to pay for all of that. It was also during a time when illuminati had the least control over human beings.
Least? Illuminati controlled the rejection drug, the incident was triggered because Jensen's DNA threatened its hold over augmented population.

Trago

The
Harvester
side mission is my favorite part of the game. So good.

Talking my way out of getting arrested, even though I only knocked Daria unconscious is some of the most satisfying shit ever.

Top Bottom