• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Curufinwe

I had to reload the last fight in Dubai a dozen times to get a good result. There were a lot more guys than I could take out methodically and the tranq sniper rifle was pretty useless once the
sandstorm
hit.

Kind of felt like I was missing something.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I had to reload the last fight in Dubai a dozen times to get a good result. There were a lot more guys than I could take out methodically and the tranq sniper rifle was pretty useless once the
sandstorm
hit.

Gas grenades, man. They knocked out multiple enemies at once.

Help needed from those that have passed mission 14:
Does the city ever come back from lockdown? If it does I'd rather keep my remaining side quests for after just to make it easier for me.

Help needed from those that have passed mission 14:
Does the city ever come back from lockdown? If it does I'd rather keep my remaining side quests for after just to make it easier for me.
you can only do those at that point
Curious, are there tranq/knockout rounds for the 10mm?
not that i could find... tho the EMP rounds do double as temporary stun rounds on some enemies.

Jeffrey

so... how do i get rid of this giant banner of (press Y to see which augments can be disabled)?

izxhnn.jpg

And the other thing... this is getting ridiculous lol

Guyz, loved HR because you could upgrade the pistol to a point where it could pierce armour and take out 95% of your enemies throughout the entire game. Is that still possible?

This might have already been brought up, but does anyone else feel that Golem City was intended to be a hub world at one point in time? I just can't help shake the feeling that it was supposed to be the Hengsha of Mankind Divided.

ymgve

Can you actually do anything in the GRRM (or however it's spelled) base? I just stealthed my way to the end, not engaging a single enemy.
I got a signal disruptor from smooth talking the Machinegod lady, was I supposed to use it in that base or will that come later?

Vic_Viper

This might have already been brought up, but does anyone else feel that Golem City was intended to be a hub world at one point in time? I just can't help shake the feeling that it was supposed to be the Hengsha of Mankind Divided.

No its a Ghetto for Augs right out side of Prague. its just another point of view of the Aug situation in that area. Its supposed to be a small condensed area. with people basically living ontop of one another.

I would have liked another hub but tbh the story really worked better just taking place in and around Prague imo. Hopefully in the next Deus Ex they bring back that globetrotting feel with a few more varied areas.

On a side note: Ive heard really bad things about the latest Theif game but is it really that bad? Been thinking about playing now after finishing this one. Ive still gotta finish Batman AK and Rise of the Tomb Raider as well though.

Jeffrey

is there an aug for electricity areas? I swear there was one in the first game, but im going down the list and can't find anything.

ymgve

is there an aug for electricity areas? I swear there was one in the first game, but im going down the list and can't find anything.

Nope, just visually locate the breaker panel, do a quicksave, then YOLO it by bunnyjumping until you hit the breaker switch.

sandstorm
hit.

You actually don't need to take anyone out
...you can just jump off the edge, run to the helicopter and disable it.

ebevan91

No its a Ghetto for Augs right out side of Prague. its just another point of view of the Aug situation in that area. Its supposed to be a small condensed area. with people basically living ontop of one another.

I would have liked another hub but tbh the story really worked better just taking place in and around Prague imo. Hopefully in the next Deus Ex they bring back that globetrotting feel with a few more varied areas.

On a side note: Ive heard really bad things about the latest Theif game but is it really that bad? Been thinking about playing now after finishing this one. Ive still gotta finish Batman AK and Rise of the Tomb Raider as well though.

Yes the latest Thief game is that bad. I downloaded it when it was a GWG on Xbox (I think it was the latest one) and didn't last long with it.

Alias03

I know the DLC weapons are in "storage" and once you take them out they cant be placed back correct? Does this game have an actual storage unlike DXHR?

malfcn

Did I miss where it said I had to use Metro to get to Cista?

Anyways, I have minor complaints. Like when you first view a pocket secretary with the view button or is a glorious size. But when you view it through a menu, it tiny.

munroe

So I tried to capture a node at 45% detection, sometimes when I try the alarm triggers and the countdown begins, other times I'm able to capture it and move to the next one.

Why's that?

I'm guessing you're not familiar with percentages

If there's a 45% chance of being detected then there's a 55% of not being detected

Spent the majority of my time just wandering around and finishing side quests again today. I feel like I've spent around 10 hours playing but have yet to touch the main mission. I finally went to TF29's headquarters, and after an hour or so of hacking computers and completing another side quest, I finally met up with Miller to start the main mission. This game is just too good.

Vic_Viper

going back to HR after playing MD is like night and day. The visuals alone make HR look crazy old. I guess it wasnt blowing people away when it was released but man is it a crazy difference. it didnt really strike me while playing it leading up to MD but I hoped on for a few minutes to see the differences and thats when it hit me. You can already tell the visuals had been upgraded when they did the Missing Link DLC.

Have a urge to play some other stealth games now after finishing this. Need to play Dishonored before 2 comes out.

15th try in attempting to brute force my way through the Palisade Bank. Guards be like

OVE0sSN.gif

After killing me.

Went there to scope it out then noped the fuck outta there. Going to need to move along abit to properly do it.

Heh, I just finished doing this tonight. Playing stealth through here was so much fun. It's a really well-designed area, with plenty of access points throughout the building. A bunch of stuff being remote-hackable made it really interesting to go through and hack around security.

My favorite part was the guards that body-block you from getting into the ground floor security areas. They're out-of-sight just enough that you can take cover on the other side of the door, blind-fire a stun-round into their face and get into security the easy way. Nobody else around there can see you (columns block their line-of-sight) and if you're quick you can drag the knocked-out guard in and take any other security in the room without getting caught.

I enjoyed that whole area way more than I thought I would. Definitely my favorite thus far (haven't even finished the first TF29 mission yet!). Gonna have to go back later and clear out the vaults once my hacking skill is high enough.

As for tips brute-forcing the bank,
you might try starting in the parking lot directly behind the main bank entrance. From there you should be able to brute-force through the bank with a lot more cover between you and them, since you can come up behind the security. Bonus points if you head to third-floor and work your way down, as you can see all the way to the bottom floor from the top (hello, sniper rifle!).
That is, unless you're trying to brute-force the main entrance just for giggles, in which case you're too masochistic for me. ;)

Vintage

Wonder if it's a bug that Jensen is super slow when sprinting up stairs.

Pretty sure it is. Can't imagine how that passed through testing. Is the issue on console versions also? Might be physics related.

Overall the game is pretty rough. Picture IQ is bad and there's a ton of small issues with interface, controls, physics.

aravuus

Pretty sure it is. Can't imagine how that passed through testing. Is the issue on console versions also? Might be physics related.

Someone said it only happens in the PC version. Definitely a bug.

I don't understand how some of these super blatant bugs have gotten through QA, like this one and the one where you always trigger the move out of cover action when loading a save game you've made while in cover. The latter is particularly aggravating and relatively easy to fix, I'd imagine.

Overall the game is pretty rough. Picture IQ is bad and there's a ton of small issues with interface, controls, physics.

If I were to guess, I would say that his velocity is constant all the time, but when he goes up stairs, that speed is broken down into a x and y component. He may technically be going the same speed as he always does, but now you got to account for elevation change too.

Edit: or actually after reading a few more reports, maybe it is just PC.

I started playing "I Never Asked For This". Im not sure wether to be mad or not about this. I took down a guard, started dragging his corpse, his arm seemed to glitch inside a crate so when I pulled the physics system spazzed out and catapulted him to the other side of a room, alerting all the guards who instantly burst me down. Luckily it was just after the intro so not much lost.

shiba5

I started playing "I Never Asked For This". Im not sure wether to be mad or not about this. I took down a guard, started dragging his corpse, his arm seemed to glitch inside a crate so when I pulled the physics system spazzed out and catapulted him to the other side of a room, alerting all the guards who instantly burst me down. Luckily it was just after the intro so not much lost.

I would have laughed my ass off.

axb2013

Anyone else run into an extraordinarily stubborn lv2 lock, like this one here?
This screenshot may be considered spoiler-ish so i'll tag it anyway but IMO, it doesn't effect the uninitiated:
dxmd2016-08-2604-05-2s2ujz.jpg

nOoblet16

Anyone else run into an extraordinarily stubborn lv2 lock, like this one here?
This screenshot may be considered spoiler-ish so i'll tag it anyway but IMO, it doesn't effect the uninitiated:
dxmd2016-08-2604-05-2s2ujz.jpg
Uh you should have a code for that lock...it's main story relevant.

Top Bottom