• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

axb2013

Uh you should have a code for that lock...it's main story relevant.

I did not. I have only done one main mission, just played HUD-less, wandering around.
I am even deliberately stalling the side mission progress, I just progressed enough to retrieve an item a side mission character can use in order to help Jensen. I've been stalling progress since though I am sure I've already cleared more than a few objectives already, lots of trailblazer and explorer bonuses. For example, I happened to wander into a financial institution and left no stone unturned.

I don't care, I'm having a great time this way. Game has it's flaws, both technical and gameplay related but overall I am having a good time with the game.

valkyre

Guys wtf is wrong with the audio in this game? Cutscenes are playing at a much lower volume, some character shout their dialogue while other are barely heard, gunshots sound ridiculously low...

Am i doing it wrong or something?

kpaadet

Really liking the game so far, there are things that annoy me though. Like going through a mission non lethal yet characters act like I went on a murdering spree because plot. Also are you not able to kill guard by throwing big objects at them anymore? I seem to remember Adam being able to do that in HR, but it's been awhile.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Guys wtf is wrong with the audio in this game? Cutscenes are playing at a much lower volume, some character shout their dialogue while other are barely heard, gunshots sound ridiculously low...

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Noticed it more in Dubai with people speaking to Jensen on commlink. Even with using the game's special audio profiles for the Sony Gold headsets.

Sidenote: 20th attempt to bruteforce my way into that bank before deciding to give up. I'm not that far into the game obviously, but I have a weird feeling this with the way they talk about
Janus
, that person might
actually secretly Bob Page
for some reason. I could be wrong tho.

So I'm hoping not to derail the thread but just wanted to ask a quick question.

Microsoft have just credited my account with about £60(refund for the Kinect Fitness programs I purchased) and I'm thinking of buying Deus Ex with the money.

The problem is I never finished Human Revolution, so should I go back and finish that first? I only really played up to the end of the first mission not sure why as I really enjoyed what I played.

Also do I need to buy the DLC?

Microsoft have just credited my account with about £60(refund for the Kinect Fitness programs I purchased) and I'm thinking of buying Deus Ex with the money.

The problem is I never finished Human Revolution, so should I go back and finish that first? I only really played up to the end of the first mission not sure why as I really enjoyed what I played.

There is a recap at the beginning of this game that goes over all the important parts of Human Revolution.

You do not need to buy DLC.

SCB3

All this bitching about the Microtransactions, I cannot even find where to purchase them lol Was interested to see how much a Praxis point was (I wanted some extra inventory space for a safehouse I found)

SCB3

DE:HR is still worth a playthrough, its a very good game that is really rewarding with how you do things

You dont need to buy the DLC, I got the PC version with DLC cheap and tbh, they're just a few skins and 2 small missions, I would't pay much for them if I didnt get them anyway

Vuze

All this bitching about the Microtransactions, I cannot even find where to purchase them lol Was interested to see how much a Praxis point was (I wanted some extra inventory space for a safehouse I found)
There is a menu item called "Shop" in the escape menu (and I think main menu too, tho not sure)

Anyway, in € one kit is 0,99€.

Iceternal

DE:HR is still worth a playthrough, its a very good game that is really rewarding with how you do things

You dont need to buy the DLC, I got the PC version with DLC cheap and tbh, they're just a few skins and 2 small missions, I would't pay much for them if I didnt get them anyway

DE:HR is arguably better than this game ... so yes IT IS worth playing.

leng jai

Just add DE: MD to the long list of games with suspect sound mixing.

guys, i found a holosight but i can´t use it on any of my weapons. examining it says that it should be compatible with almost all weapons, but when i use the `combine` option (like in dxhr) i don´t get any option to actually use it. in my inventory i now have a pistol, stun gun, tranq rifle, sniper rifle and shotgan. it should work with the pistol, and i think maybe stun gun as well.

What is this place?
AF07EAE90FF0DD8D075F0C59B21EAEEC8D20874A
I hear people screaming and moaning but I can't find anything to reach them except by going through the electrified platform.

Tovarisc

What is this place?

I hear people screaming and moaning but I can't find anything to reach them except by going through the electrified platform.

Up and left from that point there is named NPC. I don't know if she is tied to some quest or not, but I would imagine so. Didn't manage to save her either.

FiraB

Banned
DE:HR is arguably better than this game ... so yes IT IS worth playing.

From a story perspective definitely but I think DE:MD wins on the level design front, its probably its most solid aspect. Still I do prefer the story in the HR by a mile, it felt complete whereas MD feels like half a game in comparison.

In normal DE fashion I was fully expecting it to amp up but that ending...

Man I just spent like 2 hours infiltrating the Palisade Property Bank for fucking NOTHING and I feel like a dumbass.

I did the sidequest where you find for that underground paper where you
infiltrate the offices and find out that the city's water is unsafe to drink.
I assumed there was more going in there after I finished that quest and went back cause I've got like several codes to vaults in the bank, hacked that place to pieces and stole everything not nailed down and still didn't do anything quest related. In fact I'm sure I finished some quest objectives for quest I haven't even done yet based on the items I have.

Blueliner

Banned
Great game so far, playing M6 with a couple of side quests completed. I feel like they could of learned some stealth takedowns and what not from Splinter Cell Black List though. SCBL's cover system was also more fluid; overall the stealth in MD is satisfying though.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Man I just spent like 2 hours infiltrating the Palisade Property Bank for fucking NOTHING and I feel like a dumbass.

I did the sidequest where you find for that underground paper where you
infiltrate the offices and find out that the city's water is unsafe to drink.
I assumed there was more going in there after I finished that quest and went back cause I've got like several codes to vaults in the bank, hacked that place to pieces and stole everything not nailed down and still didn't do anything quest related. In fact I'm sure I finished some quest objectives for quest I haven't even done yet based on the items I have.
Is the information that can be found in the bank random or something, a friend of mine found
'dirty pictures', his words not mine
and I found
evidence that a passenger plane was brought down on purpose
. Where did you find your info, did you go to the
the top floor into a security room (to the left as you come out of the elevator I think, just past the lasers), there was a room with a hidden door, you had to make white statues/art work move into a pattern which mirrored the statue hanging form the ceiling
?

Does anyone else feel like a 'bad guy'? I don't remember make deals with so many.... unscrupulous people in previous games? Also after
planting the listen device my loading screen keeps telling me how I did it 'even when my boss was using the system
, I can help but feel I've made a huge mistake...

AdamT

Had a glitch where I couldn't open the door to the
task force base
. After running around completing a side mission it opened. Happened to anyone else?

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Noticed it more in Dubai with people speaking to Jensen on commlink. Even with using the game's special audio profiles for the Sony Gold headsets.

Sidenote: 20th attempt to bruteforce my way into that bank before deciding to give up. I'm not that far into the game obviously, but I have a weird feeling this with the way they talk about
Janus
, that person might
actually secretly Bob Page
for some reason. I could be wrong tho.

I'm even less into the game than you but I had some random theory that Janus
will be Bob Page, manipulating events via VersaLife etc to allow him to gain more control and power within the Iluminati

pringles

The stealth in this game is really satisfying. Just infiltrated the bank, could have spent countless hours in there but I'm hoping/assuming you'll have reason to go in there again since it's such an intricate area.
However, I'm kinda disappointed that despite doing the first story mission (train station) without killing anyone and without triggering any alarms, everyone is acting as though I shot up the place afterwards. I knocked out like two cops in the entire mission.

Also customization options seem really limited for the non-lethal weapons.

SliChillax

Probably has been answered already but should I play Jensen's story after I finish the main campaign or somewhere in between? I just got back in Prague from Golem city.

Ruff

Anyone found a solution to a crash when travelling by subway to the southern section of Prague after mission 11+ I've tried everything I've read so far, but can't get past the game ending bug.

Window

Very impressed with the level design in this game. Paliside is very reminiscent of Deus Ex 1. How many people found
the hidden room in the CEO's office with the Flight 451 intel? Is there any other way to get there besides the vents?

Ducarmel

So I beat the game and looking at guides for sidquest I missed and or can do in another way.

Golden ticket stood out for me, I completed it after Golem City.

I helped Ivanka so Edward was out of luck. However since I did it after Golem City I don't get to see him there but later in the side quest K is for Kazdy apparently he is joining K and Bones to Paris

I want to know if it will play out that way anyway if I do golden ticket before Golem city on my next play through.

mbpm1

Finally got a chance to sit down with this yesterday

Got
Singh
killed in the first mission, didn't feel like going back and reloading for him. Hopefully not a major thing.

nOoblet16

Very impressed with the level design in this game. Paliside is very reminiscent of Deus Ex 1. How many people found
the hidden room in the CEO's office with the Flight 451 intel? Is there any other way to get there besides the vents?
Yes
the three rectangles in front of the hidden door is a puzzle, you arrange then so that they all light up and the door opens

Window

Yes
the three rectangles in front of the hidden door is a puzzle, you arrange then so that they all light up and the door opens

So that's what that pocket secretary was about!
I can say that the developers have outdone themselves (and HR) based on this level alone.

Now if there was some way for me to make sure I don't miss any sidequests.

I took the
lift up to Level 3 once I'd got the card that allowed me to, knocked the two guys out to the left and went up to the CEO's office from there.
I couldn't see another way in.

Ok, so just curious about a few things to do with augments. Spoilers here relating to the augment tree.
Ok so how does overclocking affect you, I'm assuming it speeds up your energy usage if you don't balance it out? Second, the Neuroplasticity device,what exactly is it going to do? Allow me to fully upgrade myself? I just don't want to permanently lock of trees I could unlock.

Really liking the game so far, there are things that annoy me though. Like going through a mission non lethal yet characters act like I went on a murdering spree because plot.

This has really pissed me off a bit at times. DE1 and HR were such great games partially because of the little touches like characters reacting to your playstyle. Mankind Divided doesn't seem to have any of that - not even the little gags for going into the wrong restroom.

I just got past a part where I had to choose between breaking into a bank or saving somebody. I chose the latter. As I was doing it, the character who wanted me to do the former was angry with my decision... and the next mission they didn't seem to care or remember. It's just disappointing to see all of these parts where it seems like they originally intended for the story to splinter more significantly.

Acinixys

The story in this game baffles me

I went in expecting some half baked BS, but what I actually got is a 12 year olds idea of a political drama

I mean when the
train station gets bombed straight after the prologue, and Adam runs over to the crying kid to try save his mom, instead of actually helping either of them he just movies one small rock, looks at her lifeless hand and then walks away. What an asshole

Tovarisc

I went in expecting some half baked BS, but what I actually got is a 12 year olds idea of a political drama

I mean when the
train station gets bombed straight after the prologue, and Adam runs over to the crying kid to try save his mom, instead of actually helping either of them he just movies one small rock, looks at her lifeless hand and then walks away. What an asshole

His augs most likely were able to tell him that she died. No point in digging corpse out when he has kid to move into safety. Also because how cutscene is cut we can't say he just walked away without taking care of kid.

Cairnsay

Banned
So I beat the game and looking at guides for sidquest I missed and or can do in another way.

Golden ticket stood out for me, I completed it after Golem City.

I helped Ivanka so Edward was out of luck. However since I did it after Golem City I don't get to see him there but later in the side quest K is for Kazdy apparently he is joining K and Bones to Paris

I want to know if it will play out that way anyway if I do golden ticket before Golem city on my next play through.

I completed Golden Ticket before Golem
I helped Edward. When I went to Golem I cam across Ivanka hidden away in a room. Would be real easy to miss her.

Ducarmel

I completed Golden Ticket before Golem
I helped Edward. When I went to Golem I cam across Ivanka hidden away in a room. Would be real easy to miss her.

I get that part of doing it before golem city what i want to know in your game did
She show up in K is for Kazdy side quest. If she did not then i guess there is another gameplay story dynamic to the game, depending when you do a quest also effects the outcome.

nOoblet16

This has really pissed me off a bit at times. DE1 and HR were such great games partially because of the little touches like characters reacting to your playstyle. Mankind Divided doesn't seem to have any of that - not even the little gags for going into the wrong restroom.

I just got past a part where I had to choose between breaking into a bank or saving somebody. I chose the latter. As I was doing it, the character who wanted me to do the former was angry with my decision... and the next mission they didn't seem to care or remember. It's just disappointing to see all of these parts where it seems like they originally intended for the story to splinter more significantly.
Uh it does...just as much as HR.
Where are you even getting that? In any situation where it is relevant they make note of it (for example in case of Rucker or the evidence retrieving mission)

h0tp0ck3t

Up and left from that point there is named NPC. I don't know if she is tied to some quest or not, but I would imagine so. Didn't manage to save her either.

She's not. I saved her and all you get is a code and the reason the drones where shooting at them. I think
They escaped from Golem
but can't really remember. It's not important

nOoblet16

I get that part of doing it before golem city what i want to know in your game did
She show up in K is for Kazdy side quest. If she did not then i guess there is another gameplay story dynamic to the game, depending when you do a quest also effects the outcome.
I tried both.
First time I saved Ivanka, so Edward showed up in Golem city and asked me for Neuropozyne I gave it to him and didn't get anything and he just said it's not my fault. He showed up at the police station with K. In my second playthrough I saved Edward, so I would have found Ivanka but she wasn't in the same room as Edward so I didn't bother...she still showed up at the end at the police station though.

Buntabox

I am having real difficulty adjusting to the controls. Has anyone tried going back to Human Revolution control scheme?

It's what I play on and have had no issues. Feels comfortable to me. Have had no major issues. I play mostly stealth with a mix of lethal.

I mean when the

Opening scene's gotta be the worst writing I've encountered in this game so far. Dubai and that were both baffling in execution. The train bombing's tackiness wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't remind me every few hours that it was suppose to have been an emotionally significant moment that affected Adam in any significant way.

There are about a billion ways they could have written that and the subsequent related scenes better. Instead they tried to have it serve as both a snippet of how bad tensions are, an emotional grounding for Adam in the story, and a Metroid-like moment where you lose all of your abilities. Then it fails to commit to either of the former two enough to make it matter.

Uh it does...just as much as HR.
Where are you even getting that? In any situation where it is relevant they make note of it (for example in case of Rucker or the evidence retrieving mission)

I haven't encountered any so far. I went through the Rucker mission without killing anyone. When I get to Rucker, he told me not to kill any more of his men. I haven't encountered anybody around the office commenting on Adam's performance in missions either.

Top Bottom