• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

Opening scene's gotta be the worst writing I've encountered in this game so far. Dubai and that were both baffling in execution. The train bombing's tackiness wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't remind me every few hours that it was suppose to have been an emotionally significant moment that affected Adam in any significant way.

There are about a billion ways they could have written that and the subsequent related scenes better. Instead they tried to have it serve as both a snippet of how bad tensions are, an emotional grounding for Adam in the story, and a Metroid-like moment where you lose all of your abilities. Then it fails to commit to either of the former two enough to make it matter.

I haven't encountered any so far. I went through the Rucker mission without killing anyone. When I get to Rucker, he told me not to kill any more of his men. I haven't encountered anybody around the office commenting on Adam's performance in missions either.
You most likely killed someone accidently then because if you don't kill anyone he says that he appreciate the restraint you have shown. When I went mix of lethal and non lethal in 2nd playthrough I heard 2 guys in office talking about how Jensen is a loose canon. If you get seen during the mission to retrieve evidence you get told that there have been reports of an aug breaking into the place, if you take then out then in conversation with Smiley Jensen said something like they were in the way and I took care of it to which Smiley reacts with distress. If you didn't then Jensen says "They didn't even know I was there" and Smiley says something like you see what happens when you listen to me?

Funny, was in the office and heard people talking about how their shit was being hacked, e-mailed read and they needed to figure out who was doing it.

Hehehehe

BumRush

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

On 3 occasions, I went to melee someone who was in my reticule and Jensen meleed a friendly that was like 10 feet away and not even in my field of vision. It's getting extremely frustrating.

I'm eight hours in and I've just been exploring every nook and cranny of Prague. Did the intro mission, woke up in Prague and it's just been hour upon hour of glorious, wonderful sidequesting; this place is tunnels on air ducts on sewers and everything is connected. I can't walk for ten seconds without seeing something that needs hacking, which leads me on a little mini-adventure seeing where it leads.

I found the Australian SAS dude's apartment, and stumbled upon his hidden safe room, stole all his stuff, sold it to the nearby weapons dealer, then found a back-entrance into the weapons dealer's private stash and sold all his stuff back to him. I'm making a killing here :p

You most likely killed someone accidently then because if you don't kill anyone he says that he appreciate the restraint you have shown. When I went mix of lethal and non lethal in 2nd playthrough I heard 2 guys in office talking about how Jensen is a loose canon. If you get seen during the mission to retrieve evidence you get told that there have been reports of an aug breaking into the place, if you take then out then in conversation with Smiley Jensen said something like they were in the way and I took care of it to which Smiley reacts with distress. If you didn't then Jensen says "They didn't even know I was there" and Smiley says something like you see what happens when you listen to me?

Huh, interesting! I didn't bring any lethal weapons with me, but yeah something must have gone wrong then. Thanks for letting me know. I've been stealthing the rest fairly well, which would explain the lack of concern regarding performance. Should have reserved judgement on that until my second playthrough.

Ruff

Funny, was in the office and heard people talking about how their shit was being hacked, e-mailed read and they needed to figure out who was doing it.

Hehehehe

Then you realize you're openly hacking an anti-terrorist intelligence agent's PC while they watch you from 5ft away and they still can't figure out how it's happening.

Ok, so just curious about a few things to do with augments. Spoilers here relating to the augment tree.
Ok so how does overclocking affect you, I'm assuming it speeds up your energy usage if you don't balance it out? Second, the Neuroplasticity device,what exactly is it going to do? Allow me to fully upgrade myself? I just don't want to permanently lock of trees I could unlock.

Anyone?

ced

I've got to get a silencer for my 10mm, I can't take these takedown cuts.

I did stumble onto a silenced tranq rifle so it's doing well enough for now. Can it be converted to regular ammo?

nOoblet16

Ok, so just curious about a few things to do with augments. Spoilers here relating to the augment tree.
Ok so how does overclocking affect you, I'm assuming it speeds up your energy usage if you don't balance it out? Second, the Neuroplasticity device,what exactly is it going to do? Allow me to fully upgrade myself? I just don't want to permanently lock of trees I could unlock.
I don't know what overclocking does but the calibrator will allow you to use all augs at once without having to disable anything.

Really liking the game so far, there are things that annoy me though. Like going through a mission non lethal yet characters act like I went on a murdering spree because plot.

Sounds like a bug. I've had the game acknowledge when I've ghosted missions, etc.

Anyone else find the lip-sync absolutely atrocious? I don't remember a game ever being this out of sync. It's like they didn't even try.

I can: Human Revolution. I have no idea why Eidos Montreal can't solve this.

Window

Then you realize you're openly hacking an anti-terrorist intelligence agent's PC while they watch you from 5ft away and they still can't figure out how it's happening.

I hacked (well, used a known password) Mac while he was in the middle of using his computer. I could see his hand motions using the keyboard and waving at the screen the entire time. Funny bug.

Really don't like the change to object physics. You can knock yourself off from top of an object when picking up another if they happen to collide.

Jeffrey

still haven't gotten progress into any story stuff yet besides helping the aug dude LOL.

man are some of these sidequests tough early on. I assume they are suppose to be designed for you to make some progress at a time? Glad i dumped all my points into exploration stuff (high jump, lungs, heavy lifting, hacking etc).

That Neon one was rough lol. So much save scumming to beat that final room.

Whats the best way to take out turrets if you can't hack them yet? I wasted like all my shotgun ammo to take one out lol.

w0s

Someone mentioned that the neon nights side mission can be broken early if you do it before a certain point. Can someone tell me when that is. I am currently doing M6.

komplanen

Crashed after subway travel. Lip-sync is still the worst I've seen. Prague is a disappointing shit hole and does not really fit in the cyber-punk future I wanted.

Gameplay seems good, though.

Tovarisc

still haven't gotten progress into any story stuff yet besides helping the aug dude LOL.

man are some of these sidequests tough early on. I assume they are suppose to be designed for you to make some progress at a time? Glad i dumped all my points into exploration stuff (high jump, lungs, heavy lifting, hacking etc).

That Neon one was rough lol. So much save scumming to beat that final room.

Whats the best way to take out turrets if you can't hack them yet? I wasted like all my shotgun ammo to take one out lol.

Few EMP rounds and run past it. Sneak around it and if you are able to lift heavy objects carry it to face wall. etc

nOoblet16

Someone mentioned that the neon nights side mission can be broken early if you do it before a certain point. Can someone tell me when that is. I am currently doing M6.
No...what actually happens is that the quest ends early if you go to that final area before your investigation. It makes sense because there was no quest giver but rather it was Jensen's investigation.

Does it retroactively
re-enable and disabled Augs? I haven't disabled anything yet and I won't if it does.
Yea it re-enables.

i´m sure it is, but is talos rucker (mission 7)
scripted to die=
. i cleared the trip to him pacifist style, and he complimented me for it, so i don´t think i´ve had any influence.

w0s

No...what actually happens is that the quest ends early if you go to that final area before your investigation. It makes sense because there was no quest giver but rather it was Jensen's investigation.

Is it worth it to get to that point or just do it however you want to let the story unfold?

nOoblet16

Is it worth it to get to that point or just do it however you want to let the story unfold?
I meant the final area of that particular side quest, you can accidently bump into it and unknowingly complete it before you finish your investigation...so you won't have anything to tell you that you were doing a job.

Progression in the main story does not affect that quest.

YaBish

There needs to be more games like this. The freedom of approach and overall density is something to be applauded.

Sure there are some technical quibbles, but they haven't prohibited my enjoyment of this game. Easily game of the year for me so far. The only thing I could see topping it for me is Dishonored 2.

Diancecht

Oh my God game ends so abruptly. Just as the things started to get interesting and the story arc found it's way, it just ended! Even Jensen was like "Nah we didn't do shit" in the last cut-scene. I enjoyed every minute of it but it's clear that someone cut this game into two or three parts.

guys, i have this fucking annoying bug or something that when i use W to walk forward, i automatically sprint. i´ve had this several times earlier but i don´t know how i `fixed` it

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Weird glitch for me

Hacked a PC, then a shit ton of floppy disks flooded my screen and crashed the game hahahah

Oh my God game ends so abruptly. Just as the things started to get interesting and the story arc found it's way, it just ended! Even Jensen was like "Nah we didn't do shit" in the last cut-scene. I enjoyed every minute of it but it's clear that someone cut this game into two or three parts.

I don't actually believe that. Prague has too much content for me to buy that they intended to make even one more hub on this scale. I do believe that they may severely mangled the story pacing but I am just doubtful that the game was sliced up other than maybe really, really early in development.

I also would believe that when SE hit on the DX Universe initiative they may have decided that the storyline needed to change or slowdown to allow for more hooks for other content.

Seemed to have missed SM01 and SM02. Still in Prague. I'm guessing I have to find them somehow?

Yes, you have to find them. Both are close to Jensen's apartment. If you want to know specifically:

For SM01 did you find the corrupt cop at the checkpoint near Koller's house? That starts that mission. For SM02 explore the sewers and you will find it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yup. I know myself too well, and I caved and bought the deluxe edition last night. I haven't played it yet, since my wi fi was being a bitch and I didn't have an extra ethernet cable that was long enough to reach my PS4, but I'll get to it tonight.

I was mulling over picking it up, since I'm still playing No Man's Sky and Dark Souls 3, but my wife was like, "Just buy it! We have the money and I really want to see it!" She's such an enabler...

After my DS3 live stream session, I'll play a little of it. NMS isn't going anywhere, and I really want to beat DS3 by the end of the weekend if I can. But I've been dying to play Deus Ex. It was one f my most anticipated sequels, and I forgot it released this week. Lol

letaros

How do i set more augs in top left down menu, like i had in the beginning? I only have the smart vision and one (out of 4) aug.

Jeffrey

I just use smoke grenades and bypass them.

Upgraded strength. Pick them up and put them in a corner to think about what they've done. Approach from behind obviously.

interesting about the smoke. Was asking about that turret on the ceiling in the final area of the Neon sidequest. I ended up just camping and shooting it from outside lol.

I hate how security cameras with still freak the fuck out even if you take out everyone.

Venom Fox

Banned
I will be buying this in less than an hours time. So I will ask again.

Is this game worth it and how much better is it compared to HR?

Top Bottom