• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

How is it contrived?

it's the most sensational idea in the games (seemingly), and I never saw it happen or have it fleshed out. so I'm either giving it the benefit of the doubt or judging it as contrived. either way, that makes me feel indifferent about the universe.

vivftp

Incidentally, I too the time to look up a knocked out females skirt today... for... exploration purposes... gotta be thorough in looking for loot ya know! Anyways, what I saw up there was some sort of technicolor nightmare.

Anyone else notice that while... exploring? :)

SM01 (
The Golden Ticket
question:
Uh, how do I validate the permits? I've infiltrated the permit office and am standing in the room where the objective marker was pointing but there's nothing to do. There's a computer, but all it lets me do is turn on and off some cameras. I'm very puzzled.

use the computer in the room and there is an option to power on the device in the room which will activate and light up the 3 consoles. then all you have to do is interact with one of them.

shiba5

Hmm... So I just started my third playthrough and tried new game plus (plus) and instead of loading in the save from my second playthrough, it loads a save from the first - so my guns aren't all upgraded and I don't have every aug unlocked. I overwrote all the saves from my first playthrough so it must keep one somewhere.
That's a bit disappointing. =/

nOoblet16

Hmm... So I just started my third playthrough and tried new game plus (plus) and instead of loading in the save from my second playthrough, it loads a save from the first - so my guns aren't all upgraded and I don't have every aug unlocked. I overwrote all the saves from my first playthrough so it must keep one somewhere.
That's a bit disappointing. =/
Well that would have made it NG++ but yes I expected that my NG+ stuff carried over so that I could be ridiculously OP in my third run and have some fun.

Putty

Starting to get right into it now...I do feel the game would have benefited from some changing weather/TOD ...admittedly I'm only a few hours in so not sure if things change as you progress...

Leaving Golem City, does the game pick up now? I noticed that just like Detroit, the first hub was extremely heavy on sidequests that involve mainly talking, exploration, and hacking with pretty minimal stealth.

shiba5

Well that would have made it NG++ but yes I expected that my NG+ stuff carried over so that I could be ridiculously OP in my third run and have some fun.

Well, that's what I was hoping for, but instead it has a save called "migration" that it uses to start NG+. I tried copying it off to a USB stick and deleting the system storage copy, but doing that also removes the option to load any of the previous NG+ saves. So all the guns I upgraded are all lame again. Kinda a bummer.

SomTervo

The marker only indicates Ivenka.

Go to the mini mart - it is at the back of the train station on the bottom right of the map. That is where you find him, he is being attacked in the shop and you need to knock out/kill his attacker

Thanks for this.

Was driving me absolutely mad.

Why would you only place one waypoint for two objectives which are in totally different parts of the map? And if you complete the waypoint at the waypointed objective it doesn't update or move, it just stays there?

For fuck's sake. Loving the game 'til now but this is shambolic. Hopefully doesn't impact my standing with the Captain guy who messaged nagging me for being late.

Yep...

Z9XbkBF.jpg

sym30l1c

SM08 does not unlock for me. I've read that SM08 should unlock automatically after going back to Prague as long as SM04 has been completed, which I did. I've gone through several main and side quests in my second visit to Prague, but no sign of SM08 so far.
Anybody with the same problem?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is this an AI glitch in Golem City?

As soon as I finish talking to Adela, every single cop in the area surrounds her place, but doesn't go into an alert or hostile status and they just all follow me every where. They can track me through walls too....I never set any alerts while in the area or killed or knocked out anyone up to that point.

Is there a way to see if you killed anyone yet ? I don't think I have, but I don't want to be disappointed when I finish the game and don't get the achievement for not killing a soul.

TheYanger

it's the most sensational idea in the games (seemingly), and I never saw it happen or have it fleshed out. so I'm either giving it the benefit of the doubt or judging it as contrived. either way, that makes me feel indifferent about the universe.

I mean, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean anything, it HAPPENED in the previous game. What a ridiculous stance to have because you were too...whatever to finish the prior title in the series. Legitimately it's like jumping into Game of Thrones and going "I didn't see the Red Wedding so I think it's ridiculous that people are upset in the show about it happening"

The Aug Incident is pretty self explanatory how awful it is, and it wasn't contrived at all, literally everything in the previous game built towards it, it was 'shocking' but it wasn't like, out of left field or unexplained, it fit perfectly with what happened in that game. The reaction to it in this game...idk what to tell you, look at OUR ACTUAL WORLD and its response to terrorist attacks. Now imagine that instead the attack were involving MILLIONS of terrorists at the same time worldwide. Get it? See how places like France are treating Muslims right now? The actions of those terrorists can't even compare to the loss of life caused by the Aug Incident. If anything the real world right now is proving this is almost exactly what would happen.

Window

Hopefully doesn't impact my standing with the Captain guy who messaged nagging me for being late.

I don't think this matters when you're in the hub. I've got people pestering me from time to time for being late over the infolink but there hasn't been any follow up on this when actually meeting with them.

Kadayi

Banned
Only just started playing, but is there a known bug about crashing after the Dubai mission when you meet your contact at the train station? We get to the point where we have our papers checked and then boom 'Deus Ex has stopped working...' Happened twice now...

If so, anyone know of a workaround?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Is this an AI glitch in Golem City?

As soon as I finish talking to Adela, every single cop in the area surrounds her place, but doesn't go into an alert or hostile status and they just all follow me every where. They can track me through walls too....I never set any alerts while in the area or killed or knocked out anyone up to that point.

Hmm, think I figured it out..

Okay loaded an earlier save prior to the conversation. If you break into the police lockers, even without setting an alert this happens...at least in my game it did.

Window

So I don't have the remote hacking aug. how screwed am I? Seems like I can't complete a side mission without it

Which side mission? I don't recall any mission being reliant on remote hacking.

Is there a way to see if you killed anyone yet ? I don't think I have, but I don't want to be disappointed when I finish the game and don't get the achievement for not killing a soul.
Possible via the companion app apparently.

Vuze

I wonder if Samizdat speaking about
Paris
being "a great city for revolutionary agendas these days" is any hint to the setting of the next game?
Probably over interpreting but dystopian cyberpunk
Paris
would be dope.

Haven't finished the main story yet, mind you.

Pehesse

I wonder if Samizdat speaking about
Paris
being "a great city for revolutionary agendas these days" is any hint to the setting of the next game?
Probably over interpreting but dystopian cyberpunk
Paris
would be dope.

Haven't finished the main story yet, mind you.

It's more likely to be a hint about them becoming Silhouette from the original DX.

Glass

I don't knowing why, but I love the second loading screen for the Prague areas
walking through the train tracks

Fack Jensen looks so cool in this game, his model/armour/jacket all looks great.

SeanR1221

I believe it's part of the basic armor augment, on the bottom row. Not sure if it completely negates damage as I didn't take it, but it should at least mitigate some, especially the visual feedback (from EMP, too).

In the Rhyno Dermal Armor Aug branch. It is difficult to spot at first, but it was the same in HR.

Personally, I haven't needed it yet, in most situations you can place two boxes, jump on one and move the other in front of you until you get to the breaker.

Thanks guys

DocSeuss

I love how it corrupted my saves, so I can't use praxis points anymore.

SM08 does not unlock for me. I've read that SM08 should unlock automatically after going back to Prague as long as SM04 has been completed, which I did. I've gone through several main and side quests in my second visit to Prague, but no sign of SM08 so far.
Anybody with the same problem?

It triggers after a major decision near the end of that section.

I mean, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean anything, it HAPPENED in the previous game. What a ridiculous stance to have because you were too...whatever to finish the prior title in the series. Legitimately it's like jumping into Game of Thrones and going "I didn't see the Red Wedding so I think it's ridiculous that people are upset in the show about it happening"

The Aug Incident is pretty self explanatory how awful it is, and it wasn't contrived at all, literally everything in the previous game built towards it, it was 'shocking' but it wasn't like, out of left field or unexplained, it fit perfectly with what happened in that game. The reaction to it in this game...idk what to tell you, look at OUR ACTUAL WORLD and its response to terrorist attacks. Now imagine that instead the attack were involving MILLIONS of terrorists at the same time worldwide. Get it? See how places like France are treating Muslims right now? The actions of those terrorists can't even compare to the loss of life caused by the Aug Incident. If anything the real world right now is proving this is almost exactly what would happen.

I know it happened in the game. I just don't find it emotionally engaging for those reasons, and if I'm just giving something the benefit of the doubt I feel more aware that I'm just staring at tv screen. You have point about human nature, although the fact that its so topical (and on the nose) also kiiind of contributes to my lack of immersion. also chill out

And, also, I'm probably coming off more negative than I want to. Don't take my posts as a sever criticism of the game. I just might come off that way because I'm trying to justify my indifference because its fun to talk about things.

TheYanger

Is it just me, or is the frame rate on Xbox One awful? It's constantly dropping frames on me.

It's a console issue in general, streaming textures etc as you run around hubs. The framerate is generally fine when you're not doing that. I actually missed the tutorial hitn about sprint early on and ended up just walking through most of the game and you don't notice it as much doing that, since you're not going faster than it's loading. Sprinting I notice it a lot though.

I know it happened in the game. I just don't find it emotionally engaging for those reasons, and if I'm just giving something the benefit of the doubt I feel more aware that I'm just staring at tv screen. You have point about human nature, although the fact that its so topical (and on the nose) also kiiind of contributes to my lack of immersion. also chill out

And, also, I'm probably coming off more negative than I want to. Don't take my posts as a sever criticism of the game. I just might come off that way because I'm trying to justify my indifference because its fun to talk about things.
The problem with what you're saying and have been saying is that your argument is literally "I have no attachment because the game didn't show it to me so it's contrived"...but the game DID show it to you, you chose not to watch it, there is a big difference.

For example I live in California, I was asleep when 9-11 happened, but when I woke up it was everywhere and it had a profound effect on my day that day, was that contrived? No, I just missed it because of my own actions. It didn't just appear out of nothing, it appeared out of something I 'chose' (not really but same difference in this case) not to see.

DemoCracy

I have not played DE:HR ever, but I have bought MD and I know that there is a 12 min video about last version. Is this short movie good enough to deal with the MD's story successfully?

It's a console issue in general, streaming textures etc as you run around hubs. The framerate is generally fine when you're not doing that. I actually missed the tutorial hitn about sprint early on and ended up just walking through most of the game and you don't notice it as much doing that, since you're not going faster than it's loading. Sprinting I notice it a lot though.

The problem with what you're saying and have been saying is that your argument is literally "I have no attachment because the game didn't show it to me so it's contrived"...but the game DID show it to you, you chose not to watch it, there is a big difference.

For example I live in California, I was asleep when 9-11 happened, but when I woke up it was everywhere and it had a profound effect on my day that day, was that contrived? No, I just missed it because of my own actions. It didn't just appear out of nothing, it appeared out of something I 'chose' (not really but same difference in this case) not to see.

In the recap? or are you talking about something else. and again, saying something feels contrived is different than saying that the game is lying to me.

TheYanger

In the recap? or are you talking about something else. and again, saying something feels contrived is different than saying that the game is lying to me.

Either? If you watch the recap you have to accept that you're just watching a recap. Either way what you're saying is that it's contrived because you didn't see it, and that's a YOU problem not a game problem. Literally all of Human Revolution is leading to that point. It's not an asspull.

Why is the game giving me side missions that I can't get to? SM3 and SM5 both have objectives that are in the 2nd story of buildings that I can't get to. What am I missing?

BTW, technically, everything in any fictional story IS contrived. ideally its disguised or fleshed out well enough that you don't feel that way. in my circumstance I do feel that way, for a handful of reasons

nOoblet16

Why is the game giving me side missions that I can't get to? SM3 and SM5 both have objectives that are in the 2nd story of buildings that I can't get to. What am I missing?
You don't need high jump to get to the roof for SM05 for that broadcast signal, there is a machine next to a building that takes a biocells to activate once you do that you can start it and it'll take you up.

You don't need high jump to get to the roof for SM05 for that broadcast signal, there is a machine next to a building that takes a biocells to activate once you do that you can start it and it'll take you up.

Right, but the thing is nowhere near the ladder. It's in the middle of a street.

Either? If you watch the recap you have to accept that you're just watching a recap. Either way what you're saying is that it's contrived because you didn't see it, and that's a YOU problem not a game problem. Literally all of Human Revolution is leading to that point. It's not an asspull.

I contend that its a mix of both. or not really a '"problem" at all. Its not my duty to play HR or watch a recap. But its not Eidos' duty to indulge me. No ones cheated the other, and the way I feel is just life, for both me and the developers.

The people talking about the Aug incedent are either Adam (whose kind of flat emotionally) or other minor characters via shitty voice acting and mediocre dialogue. I'm not watching the recap, since maybe I'd like to finish HR one day - and because I wanted to save time to just interact with an atmospheric sandbox, which is the main draw of the game for me anyway.

Nevermind, I found another one next to the building.

Still not sure how to get into the apartment for SM3 though. It's literally a 2nd story balcony and there is nothing around to stack to try and climb except for a single dumpster.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how many side missions and points of interest there is in the game? And who do you sell the breach software to? Thanks.

Tovarisc

Anyone know how many side missions and points of interest there is in the game? And who do you sell the breach software to? Thanks.

afaik
12 SM's and 9 POI's and Breach stuff to vendor at right side of larger hub segment. Near red square

Why are some side missions not going away ? They have a green tick, but they are still there while others disappear into chronic.

They carry over deeper into the game

Top Bottom