• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

Nevermind, I found another one next to the building.

Still not sure how to get into the apartment for SM3 though. It's literally a 2nd story balcony and there is nothing around to stack to try and climb except for a single dumpster.
Is this the scientist ? Well there are lots of rubbish bins around that you can stack.

Although to be honest at that point in story you should have Icarus dash or high jump, but even without it you can just stack things up. Even when there is nothing around you can bring it from other areas.

I feel like I have to be reaching the final stretch.

Tell me how far I am. I'm in Prague when it's
raining
and my current late game mission, 16 hours or so in, is to infiltrate
the apartments of the mafia while the city is on lockdown

If someone can give me an estimate how many hours I have left it'd be great as tomorrow I plan to return the laptop I recently bought to Amazon due to false advertisement but I figured that with weekends shit not getitng shipped I might as well finish the game.

Grisby

Oh wow. Straight up cant finish the shooting range tutorial without a hard crash. On Xbox 1 btw.

Not a big deal since it's optional, but I'd like the POI xp points.

Why is the cop fucking accusing me on engaging with the fucking police, when they clearly shot me and I didn't kill anyone. Sometimes I wanna slap her hard.

nOoblet16

I feel like I have to be reaching the final stretch.

Tell me how far I am. I'm in Prague when it's
raining
and my current late game mission, 16 hours or so in, is to infiltrate
the apartments of the mafia while the city is on lockdown

If someone can give me an estimate how many hours I have left it'd be great as tomorrow I plan to return the laptop I recently bought to Amazon due to false advertisement but I figured that with weekends shit not getitng shipped I might as well finish the game.
Well any estimate is useless since you are playing faster than most, for me it took about 4 hours from there because I played stealth, explored a lot and tried for the best possible result. For you it'll probably be another 2 hours I guess.

Well any estimate is useless since you are playing faster than most, for me it took about 4 hours from there because I played stealth, explored a lot and tried for the best possible result. For you it'll probably be another 2 hours I guess.

2-4 hours sounds good to me then. Funny, I haven't been exactly rushing but playing stealth means I can't exactly explore everything. And I've never felt the need to explore everything either. I have enough money, enough tools, and have rarely used my stungun/EMP pistol. Usually I take people down with non lethal.

Did every side mission that came up or I found. I likely missed 1 as there's a particular group I never interacted with in the entire game.

thenexus6

I am doing M13 right now

I've worked my way through the building and now at the door I need to enter. I see three ways in:

1- The door - can't hack in time because there is too many people around.

2 - A side vent which I can't access because its blocked by a box which I can't lift? (even though I have the aug.)

3 - Turn off the breaker and go through the blue pipe. But every time I get a searching status.

Does the game always go into a searching status no matter what?

Tovarisc

Is the
curfew
going to stay or can I do the side missions later?

Going to stay and can't do later

I am doing M13 right now

I've worked my way through the building and now at the door I need to enter. I see three ways in:

2 - A side vent which I can't access because its blocked by a box which I can't lift? (even though I have the aug.)

3 - Turn off the breaker and go through the blue pipe. But every time I get a searching status.

GARM right? Look up, drill.

Crumbtiny

Anyone else not getting the achievement for completing SM00? Positive I've finished it, even reloaded to from various points and finished it again. Still nothing. Anyone else run into this?

Tacitus_

I am doing M13 right now

Did you
call Miller?

nOoblet16

I am doing M13 right now

Using the ice breaker means an auto alert if you contacted Miller earlier.

You need to tell me exactly where you are or show me a picture for me to help because it's a big room. Also if you can't hack then use a multi tool while being invisible. Or just take out the guards around it silently using stun.

Jeffrey

Unless I get an upgrade later... the game still has the problem ive felt in HR as in you have all these cool abilities, yet to chain them together to do cool shit, you need to biogel up, and biogel still is rare stuff.

Sure recharging your whole energy would break the game with cloaking but 1 'pip' is still too little to goof around.

Unless im missing some huge biogel stach.

Besides the shooting range, any other places that fill up your energy for free?

Yoshi88

Unless I get an upgrade later... the game still has the problem ive felt in HR as in you have all these cool abilities, yet to chain them together to do cool shit, you need to biogel up, and biogel still is rare stuff.

Sure recharging your whole energy would break the game with cloaking but 1 'pip' is still too little to goof around.

Unless im missing some huge biogel stach.

Besides the shooting range, any other places that fill up your energy for free?

You know biogel can be crafted? And cloaking uses next to no energy while standing still, so try to plan some routes ahead. I for once had less energy problems than in HR.

Regarding the incident: It's talked about so much on TV, mails and e-books. Hard to believe some people feel a bit undereducated by the game about the incident. Granted, the actual happening of the incident was in HRs last Act, but the recap (you're asked to watch it when you Start a new game) picked it up.

I got 24K credits and not much important to spend it on heh.

yeah that's the thing. The game doesn't have much to buy which is a shame. There aren't enough stores nor items.

Every weapon you can find. Ammo might be a good investment but I play stealth and non lethal, and I'm already swimming in non lethal ammo.

Xyber

yeah that's the thing. The game doesn't have much to buy which is a shame. There aren't enough stores nor items.

Every weapon you can find. Ammo might be a good investment but I play stealth and non lethal, and I'm already swimming in non lethal ammo.

I found a store in the red light district where (after some talking) he showed me his stuff. Could buy multitools and crafting material (also a grenade launcher, but I skipped that) which weren't very cheap but it was something to actually spend the money on at least.

Just finished it, will take a bit to digest it of course, but my first feeling is that I preferred Human Revolution over this by a smidge. Preferred the main story and characters involved in it over what we had here. For example in Human Revolution while
Malik was under attack I felt like I wanted to save her,
while in Mankind Divided when MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS:
Miller was dying I felt meh.
Same deal goes for your other allies and antagonists as well. Story also felt smaller scale compared to what we had in Human Revolution.

Gameplay was similar (still a lot of crawling in convenient human sized vents), but felt improved in little ways like the addition of the remote hacking augment. Side Missions were also improved with most of them being more interesting than the Main Story.

This will most certainly be on my GOTY list at the end of the year and I am excited for the next game, hope they mix that one up a bit though.

Glass

Cohh Carnage just beat it and realised the ending
with Eliza reporting, basically acts as the tapestry in Fallout, which was pretty sorely missed in 4

TheYanger

Cohh Carnage just beat it and realised the ending
with Eliza reporting, basically acting as the tapestry in Fallout, which was pretty sorely missed in 4

I mean, it's basically the 'standard' tsyle of ending for western RPGs for decades. The fact that console gamers consider it a fallout 3 innovation is nuts to me.

For those who robbed the bank, please tell me :

I robbed everything but the corporate vault, i find the way to the door behind the guard but i need the key, should i continue to search in the bank or it will come later, elsewhere ? (without spoilers please, thanks :) )

Tovarisc

I do miss out on a special assault rifle though. I'm going full no-kill, but still. Unless I get grab it later?

For those who robbed the bank, please tell me :

I robbed everything but the corporate vault, i find the way to the door behind the guard but i need the key, should i continue to search in the bank or it will come later, elsewhere ? (without spoilers please, thanks :) )

For both of you:
<<<<<Garage>>>>>

Timeaisis

Oh my god the mapping in this game is so awful. I'm trying to find a certain someone on mission 7 and it keeps leading me in circles. This is so frustratingly stupid.

Oh my god the mapping in this game is so awful. I'm trying to find a certain someone on mission 7 and it keeps leading me in circles. This is so frustratingly stupid.

That happened to me a few times. I ended up having to watch a YT video to see where I was actually supposed to go.

Late game spoilers - I've been doing a no alarm run and doing well but I got to the
GARM facility and once I get passed the conversation with Chikane once you leave the first are an alarm triggers for absolutely no reason. No one sees me. No one hears me. Everything is hidden and shut off. I'm getting pretty fucking pissed. I cant find anyone triggering the alarm. I can't make it to the next destination fast enough.

Any advice?

Late game spoilers - I've been doing a no alarm run and doing well but I got to the
GARM facility and once I get passed the conversation with Chikane once you leave the first are an alarm triggers for absolutely no reason. No one sees me. No one hears me. Everything is hidden and shut off. I'm getting pretty fucking pissed. I cant find anyone triggering the alarm. I can't make it to the next destination fast enough.

Any advice?
It is fucking bullshit. Basically, at the start of the mission, you need to call the other person than the one you did

It is fucking bullshit. Basically, at the start of the mission, you need to call the other person than the one you did

So I'm just fucked then? No way to restart this mission?

Real brilliant design decision to have a meaningless choice pop up that has effected nothing so far make it so my run is fucked without telling me why. God that pisses me off.

rtcn63

Is there any way to get to the market in Golem City without going through a restricted area? I searched for an hour, and eventually just snuck past some police offices.

So I'm just fucked then? No way to restart this mission?

Real brilliant design decision to have a meaningless choice pop up that has effected nothing so far make it so my run is fucked without telling me why. God that pisses me off.

So your on a permadeath run and have no other saves?

But yeah, I agree it's terrible. That is why I beat the game, then looked up a guide to prevent such bullshit.

Top Bottom