• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

JerkShep

I bought the digital version on PS4 (the one without the season pass), supposedly it should give me a dynamic theme as well but it's not in the download list. Anyone had the same problem? The game has not finished installing yet admittedly, but the themes are usually a separate file

Plasma

Banned
ibn Saïd;215369061 said:
in one of the side quests, jensen says "muslims reject augmentation because of their beliefs"

but i'm not sure that's right... stuff like piercings, tattoos, etc. aren't very benificial, but i can see how some augmentations could be. like arm augmentations for people who lost their own arms. i don't think muslims, nor the islamic faith in general, would really oppose augmentations. after all, it's "just" technology that could make our lives easier (like television, internet, etc.)

just thought i'd talk about it.

I'm not sure how they justify it in the lore but could it also have to do with being dependent on neuropozyne?

It it fantastic. I've been listening to it non-stop for the past three days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkenJ8MJvpo

Love his work. He's damn good. Especially love Periphery.

Also, I just did a check, when you do NG+ and you have all the stuff still in storage (like your Praxis points, credits, etc) like you did from the first playthrough. I'm curious, is there a NG++? Or basically do the NG+ over again with the same stuff?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
ibn Saïd;215369061 said:
in one of the side quests, jensen says "muslims reject augmentation because of their beliefs"

but i'm not sure that's right... stuff like piercings, tattoos, etc. aren't very benificial, but i can see how some augmentations could be. like arm augmentations for people who lost their own arms. i don't think muslims, nor the islamic faith in general, would really oppose augmentations. after all, it's "just" technology that could make our lives easier (like television, internet, etc.)

just thought i'd talk about it.

While this is no form of expertise unless you were one familiar with the religion and such try taking a look through this link as its related to the topic you have brought up.

https://qa.islam.com/comments/54f305b844#gsc.tab=0

and this

http://www.inter-islam.org/Lifestyle/serg.htm

and the other point mentioned by other members about the neuropozyne.

Amon-Lau

I'm not sure how they justify it in the lore but could it also have to do with being dependent on neuropozyne?

Yeah if they're viewing it like an addiction I can see a Fatwa released for it, especially after the incident I bet it made whoever pushed that view much stronger...

Vuze

Just completed the game after about 30h. I get where people are coming from calling it an abrupt ending since the game really just picked up and got going shortly before the credits play - but I didn't feel like it was unsatisfactory.

However there is no denial that this is like part 1 of 2. The cliffhanger...

Parakeetman

Yeah if they're viewing it like an addiction I can see a Fatwa released for it, especially after the incident I bet it made whoever pushed that view much stronger...

Yeah the info within the link below would be the most likely reason why they used it as lore in game due to the use of neuropozyne.

https://islamqa.info/en/192321

Since it does seem that with how the games lore around neuropozyne while necessary it also apparently has addictive properties.

Fbh

Finally started this.

Just finished the tutorial mission.
It has been years since Human Revolution so getting back to the gameplay and game mechanics of it has been a lot of fun so far

I'm only kinda underwhelmed by the production values. Graphics and character models don't seem very impressive and the lip sync seemed to be a bit off during cutscenes. Comming from Doom which ran at pretty smooth 60fps I'm not seeing what this game is doing to go down to 30 fps with screen tearing and notorious framedrops during some cutscenes (the one at the train station after the tutorial mission is specially bad)

But despite that it's pretty fun so far. Looking forward to really starting the main quest

Parakeetman

Finally started this.

Just finished the tutorial mission.
It has been years since Human Revolution so getting back to the gameplay and game mechanics of it has been a lot of fun so far

I'm only kinda underwhelmed by the production values. Graphics and character models don't seem very impressive and the lip sync seemed to be a bit off during cutscenes. Comming from Doom which ran at pretty smooth 60fps I'm not seeing what this game is doing to go down to 30 fps with screen tearing and notorious framedrops during some cutscenes (the one at the train station after the tutorial mission is specially bad)

But despite that it's pretty fun so far. Looking forward to really starting the main quest

While I very possibly could be wrong I saw the performance issues tied to the game having to "populate" the world with all the objects and NPCs constantly. Seeing some issues related to the game messing up with this "population" effect where opening a menu solves it, do think thats what its stemming from.

Parakeetman

I haven't played HR in a while, so this could just be me, but does Eliza Cassan seem a lot more...editorial this time around? I don't remember her commenting on the stories so much in HR.

Honestly I dont remember either since its been ages since I played HR...

usp84

Question about SM03
I am about to go to the Swiss Alps and the game tells me that sidemissions will fail but this particular SM doesn't have anything left to do(says IN Progress)

What do i do?

Question about SM03
I am about to go to the Swiss Alps and the game tells me that sidemissions will fail but this particular SM doesn't have anything left to do(says IN Progress)

What do i do?

You'll be fine.
Even though it's still there, SM03 will finish when you get back, if it's the one I'm thinking of. The one with Orlov right?

Parakeetman

Question about SM03

What do i do?

Progress further in the game and it will open up more.

Anyone else have their guns change colour?

After this point mid-way point (
returning to Prague from Utulek
) all my rifles lost their default sort of gray finish and now have this odd bronze finish to them.

Never happened my first playthrough... kinda annoying because I don't like how it looks and it aesthetically ruined my favorite fully-upgraded guns lol. They look shiny, kinda like the Elite Edition pre-order guns (which may have been a factor since I added them this playthrough but not the last) but instead of their sort of pinkish gold, these are now sort of bronze.

Parakeetman

Anyone else have their guns change colour?

After this point mid-way point (
returning to Prague from Utulek
) all my rifles lost their default sort of gray finish and now have this odd bronze finish to them.

Never happened my first playthrough... kinda annoying because I don't like how it looks and it aesthetically ruined my favorite fully-upgraded guns lol. They look shiny, kinda like the Elite Edition pre-order guns (which may have been a factor since I added them this playthrough but not the last) but instead of their sort of pinkish gold, these are now sort of bronze.

Ok I thought I was seeing things but that happened in my game also no idea why. With the assault rifle.

Zomba13

So I guess I've been hit by the game breaking bug on PC regarding train travel after a certain point.

It's weird though, because trains were working during this point of time in Prague, I managed to go from the main area back to Adam's apartment and then back to the main area but can no long go back to the apartment area, it goes to the loading screen, gets all the way and then crashes the game.

This sucks because I had like, one more side quest there.

Loving this game, but the cutscenes are super weird. The characters' movement is very unnatural and there's almost no lipsyncing to speak of? Is there something wrong with my game or?

Azoor

Loving this game, but the cutscenes are super weird. The characters' movement is very unnatural and there's almost no lipsyncing to speak of? Is there something wrong with my game or?

Sadly, all Deus Ex games suffer from this. It's sort of a staple of the series.

After having a flawless no crashes playthrough of this on pc I'm constantly crashing instead whenever I want to try the breach mode, its like the game is warning me away.
Considering it keeps doing this, I guess I'll just start a new game on I never asked for this difficulty.

Portugeezer

How do you open that door/wall under the bar lady's store in the first area of the game?
I gave the neuropozene or whatever and she gave me the code downstairs, there is a wall which is a door and is locked. I looked around the city but can't find a way in... maybe I need the church key?

Great... So, with the
whole 'Otar glitched' thing
I had happening, now I
come back to Prague from Golem city
and the
book store is burned out, and Koller is missing.

Seems like the game completely glitched, thought I didn't
agree to help Otar
and is acting like I
stole the Calibrator, and Otar went and killed Koller for it

Fantastic. Now I can't get my
augments unlocked
. Missing the
Otar sidequest
sucked, but this is even worse.

So, on NG+ and exploring so many goddamned things I missed the first time around... is there anything else in the game about
Cassian Valente and her AI, Christ1ne? I found her apartment, tried to fiddle with the Home AI but it didn't do anything really, and there was nothing but those two emails.

Amon-Lau

How do you open that door/wall under the bar lady's store in the first area of the game?
I gave the neuropozene or whatever and she gave me the code downstairs, there is a wall which is a door and is locked. I looked around the city but can't find a way in... maybe I need the church key?

There's a switch in that room that opens the door, it's behind a small crate~

Plum

So when's the best time to start the pre-order mission? I've just come back to Prague after
getting the evidence from the ARC leader in Column City
. If it's later on than that point then just a Mission Number will do. Thanks in advance!

shiba5

Great... So, with the
whole 'Otar glitched' thing
I had happening, now I
come back to Prague from Golem city
and the
book store is burned out, and Koller is missing.

Seems like the game completely glitched, thought I didn't
agree to help Otar
and is acting like I
stole the Calibrator, and Otar went and killed Koller for it

Fantastic. Now I can't get my
augments unlocked
. Missing the
Otar sidequest
sucked, but this is even worse.

That's not glitched. You'll find him later.

Parakeetman

Oh, thank god. I was annoyed about the
Otar glitch
, so I figured this was part of that.

He pretty much tells you that hes going to be away dealing with another urgent client before all of that goes down. Not sure if its possible to miss that message from him or not. Which is why hes not at said location you are concerned about at that point in time with the game.

He pretty much tells you that hes going to be away dealing with another urgent client before all of that goes down. Not sure if its possible to miss that message from him or not. Which is why hes not at said location you are concerned about at that point in time with the game.

Definitely didn't get that message from him, so that's why I was worried when I went back to check.

Parakeetman

Definitely didn't get that message from him, so that's why I was worried when I went back to check.

Yeah its an actual convo between the MC and him when you
secure requested item and have a discussion about getting it looked at or something. Dont remember exactly but was something along those lines.

Caode

For anyone who has rounded out all the Breach mode trophies, how long did it take? I'm just about to hit Tier 2 and it's just putting me to sleep, such a dull and boring mode.

NeonBlack

The Fade to Black mission Spoilers

Is there anyway to save Vince? I give the wife her ticket and meet with the husband but can I find him beforehand?

Top Bottom