• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Glass

Wow getting around during
martial law
is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

Do things go
back to normal? It's extremely difficult trying to do the sidequests right now

Take them out and they'll be down for the rest of the game. Take back the streets!

NeonBlack

Hello Friend

jkompHU.jpg

Jeffrey

prague is a great city, but i still wish there was more cities, even just for a mission.

Hensha was just so fucking cool, design wise and from a skybox standpoint.

Maybe its gonna come back in 3? Newspapers mention hengsha is getting a revamp.

prague is a great city, but i still wish there was more cities, even just for a mission.

Hensha was just so fucking cool, design wise and from a skybox standpoint.

Maybe its gonna come back in 3? Newspapers mention hengsha is getting a revamp.
Speaking of skybox, Prague's at night looks atrocious.

Does Breach mode get better after the tutorial? It's all I need for the platinum but the art design makes my eyes hurt and the microtransactions are shameless.

JJD

Quick question and a very small trophy/achievement spoiler:

I'm just starting the Golem City quest and I want to know if I can focus on the quest first and after finishing it can I go back to the beginning to do the king penguin trophy?

Does Breach mode get better after the tutorial? It's all I need for the platinum but the art design makes my eyes hurt and the microtransactions are shameless.
Not really... I think it's kinda cool in a MGS VR Missions sort of way, and I've really enjoyed getting good at some of the more challenging encounters, and perfecting some of them trying to get a higher Global score. But the tutorial really captures most of the experience. And for me it's been fully about the gameplay and perfecting your execution, getting a higher score, shaving a few seconds off your record, etc.

For me the biggest waste of Breach Mode is the art style of the avatar... the rest is OK but they Eidos really made the weapons unappealing. Both the replayability of the gameplay AND the viability of their revenue model depend on 'cool upgrades' and yet the weapons are just.... entirely unappealing to me.

HR and MD have such cool weapon art that you'd think that VR Missions with long-term score and weapon progression would be shoe-in for a post-release mode....I'd have sunk some serious time long-term upgrading typical Deus Ex weapons but these NSN versions are just unappealing.

I'm just starting the Golem City quest and I want to know if I can focus on the quest first and after finishing it can I go back to the beginning to do the king penguin trophy?
No, you need to make a different save at the beginning of the level.

Not really... I think it's kinda cool in a MGS VR Missions sort of way, and I've really enjoyed getting good at some of the more challenging encounters, and perfecting some of them trying to get a higher Global score. But the tutorial really captures most of the experience.

For me the biggest waste of Breach Mode is the art style of the avatar... the rest is OK but they Eidos really made the weapons unappealing. Both the replayability of the gameplay AND the viability of their revenue model depend on 'cool upgrades' and yet the weapons are just.... entirely unappealing to me.

HR and MD have such cool weapon art that you'd think that VR Missions with long-term score and weapon progression would be shoe-in for a post-release mode....I'd have sunk some serious time long-term upgrading typical Deus Ex weapons but these NSN versions are just unappealing.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably power through it but I hate how bright it is and I find it to be a bit indecipherable especially when the shutdown thing is happening.

I probably need a break from the game because I've played through it nearly 4 times in less than a week but my first impression of the mode was pretty meh.

jmizzal

I took out everybody at the bomb site, I couldnt help myself lol, I was gonna just get the evidence.

Then the boss gave me a call to go see the psychiatrist because he know it was me lol, so if I just went in and got the evidence would he not told me to go the psychiatrist?

I took out everybody at the bomb site, I couldnt help myself lol, I was gonna just get the evidence.

Then the boss gave me a call to go see the psychiatrist because he know it was me lol, so if I just went in and got the evidence would he not told me to go the psychiatrist?
Yeah it happens regardless. It's a story beat.

I think the only way the game acknowledges is your approach is when you talk to
Smiley or Aria... they'll comment on it. People around the office can say a few small things too, sort of like HR 'Oh Adam saved everyone'/'Wow that Jensen is a loose cannon'

Just got to the part where you choose between
saving the daughter of the watchmaker or infiltrating the bank
. I've been waiting all game to go to those vaults, but I can't get myself to not help the other guy :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the initial CGI announcement trailer and wow, is Jensen anywhere near as cool in-game as the trailer makes him look? I never felt anywhere near that badass in HR.

Is there anything in the Picus vaults that's of use to the newspaper dudes in the sewers? It looked like there was an opportunity to give them more info, but all I had was the thing about the water :/

I just watched the initial CGI announcement trailer and wow, is Jensen anywhere near as cool in-game as the trailer makes him look? I never felt anywhere near that badass in HR.

Because you're mostly play the game in first person. This is why I don't adore first person games.

Is there anything in the Picus vaults that's of use to the newspaper dudes in the sewers? It looked like there was an opportunity to give them more info, but all I had was the thing about the water :/
Nothing in the vault, but there is something in the room that is opened by the puzzle in the office where you got the water info.

What a buggy piece of garbage this game is. I just got to
Golem City
and turned the game off. Next time I turned the game on I downloaded to v1.02. And now I am not able to talk to anyone. Also, it seemed to cancel out my high jump aug. WTF? I tried loading previous saves and same thing... No one will talk to me.

Also, ran into a glitch for the Rave side mission. Apparently there is supposed to be a
body with pocket secretary
in a room that you need to collect in order to proceed, but there is nothing there in my game.

HR was one of my favorite games last generation but I've ran into nothing but bugs in this game. I was willing to forgive the very frequent minor bugs but my game is basically unplayable now.

Moff

the mission is huge and very long, you'll want to carry it with you all the way.

Rean

Anyone have missions where you sneak past all the enemies and the game doesn't give you "Smooth Operator" or "Ghost"? I'm trying to get the no alarms trophy so I hope I don't get screwed out of it.

Dec

Finished the main game just now after a little over 41 hours. I somehow skipped every bug that's been going around. Didn't crash a single time, didn't run into any real bugs. Just some annoying crap like hitting space at the loading screen causing you to vault after (which is fixable if you just hold space).

For the most part every spare moment I've had I've put into this game since it came out.

What a great game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question

I was about to start a main mission where it said that any side missions that hadn't been completed would be lost if I continued. I've done all the ones I have but one of them (SM03: The Mystery Augs) is still considered In Progress even though I have completed all available objectives for it. That won't be cancelled if I continue, right?

Quick question

I was about to start a main mission where it said that any side missions that hadn't been completed would be lost if I continued. I've done all the ones I have but one of them (SM03: The Mystery Augs) is still considered In Progress even though I have completed all available objectives for it. That won't be cancelled if I continue, right?
Yeah that one is OK.

You can also give him info from one of the sidequests.

Spoiler for the sidequest name:

101001000 (or something similar- rusty on my binary)

12hrs in, still only using the stun gun you start off with. :).

I have the radar system looking like MGS, with cones field of view for enemies.

Timeaisis

I am hording Praxis points until I can the
safely overclock myself
and it's damn painful. Why do they essentially lock you out of the cool augs until late game? :\

Yes, I know I know I can *get* them, but at what cost.

CHC

You know, I really have to echo just how great of a locale Prague is. Firstly I think the art direction is really enriched by the sense of history and layering - old buildings retrofitted with new technology. On top of that, the sheer depth and interconnected nature of everything is just dizzying - it takes some serious talent managing something this complex throughout development. In general I think I have a pretty good sense of direction, so when I say I have legitmately gotten lost in the maze of ducts and tunnels that run under the sewers or throughout the bank, I'm not kidding around.

The whole place is such a joy to explore and the environmental storytelling is so good that at times I wish this were the whole game and that the dialogue would just take more of a backseat. I've played ~35 hours and am nearing the end of the game and still the amount of little areas I have NOT explored is just staggering. This will definitely hold up to several playthroughs, no doubt about it.

Wait, you can give him that info? I had no idea. I finished the Samizdat quest long before that one.
Wouldn't think that would be possible.. side quests get a 'reset' between the two...

Maybe he just means if you go talk to him outside of side-missions. Just a free roam conversation, and maybe he'll print another new 'unique' Samizat' newspaper. Could be that... I do know I never checked with him during that second part of the game so maybe there's a new conversation to give him some extra info.

chrixter

I am hording Praxis points until I can the
safely overclock myself
and it's damn painful. Why do they essentially lock you out of the cool augs until late game? :\

Yes, I know I know I can *get* them, but at what cost.
lol, initially I felt similarly but soon realized how silly that was. I'd rather enjoy a few of the experimental augs than none at all. Just deactivate augs that don't fit your playstyle... I mean,
you get access to any deactivated augs later anyway if you finish Koller's side mission.

ehead

Game changes tone so fast after completing the first
Golem City main quest
. Can't wait to play some more.

As for the Samizdat sidequest, I only managed to get two info:
Plane crash
and
water pollution
. Is there more?

You know, I really have to echo just how great of a locale Prague is. Firstly I think the art direction is really enriched by the sense of history and layering - old buildings retrofitted with new technology. On top of that, the sheer depth and interconnected nature of everything is just dizzying - it takes some serious talent managing something this complex throughout development. In general I think I have a pretty good sense of direction, so when I say I have legitmately gotten lost in the maze of ducts and tunnels that run under the sewers or throughout the bank, I'm not kidding around.

The whole place is such a joy to explore and the environmental storytelling is so good that at times I wish this were the whole game and that the dialogue would just take more of a backseat. I've played ~35 hours and am nearing the end of the game and still the amount of little areas I have NOT explored is just staggering. This will definitely hold up to several playthroughs, no doubt about it.

Indeed. When it comes to attention to detail, Mankind Divided wins over even anything Bethesda ever created.

The city is full of layers and interconnecting paths, and exploring them is totally worth it as the game actually rewards you for doing so. Players can miss certain side missions and/or points of interest if they don't explore the city enough. The game is actually pretty massive.

I'm also loving the lore, culture and history of the city. Everything in there just makes sense. Even the ads are cleverly fit the theme and the setting. I'm loving the ads, I always stop to see them. I really appreciate amazing minds from the team behind this game.

mbpm1

Hacking a turret and then picking it up and walking around pointing it at enemies, letting it act as a shield and automatic weapon, is the best

Jeffrey

Anyone do a pure homicide run? Does it change the dialogue alot or even peoples perception of you?

There just seems to be no incentive to not go nonlethal. Usually there is a trade off but stun gun is insanely op to the point in which it's the preferable engagement option to any lethal stuff. Don't even need to headshot.

Top Bottom