• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

J-Rzez

supermackem said:
Where have you been nearly every game does.:lol

Almost all the 1st-party stuff does, but didn't think all the 3rd party stuff did. I don't really go for too many multiplatform titles, so i'm not sure on this. Regardless, I'm glad they state it has it, and it's a deal breaker for me which to go with when there's minimal differences, if any at all.

Dahbomb

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah sorry, LONG TIME DMC habit. That's Y on the 360 controller by the way. X is the shoot button, B is the Buster/Snatch button. I need to get in the habit of posting information in BOTH 360 and PS3 format.

BboyDubC

Wow, it seems to me that lock on would be stupid even on R1 for a PS2/3 controller. You guys just probably got used to it for DMC3 (never played it). Lock on for ANY game should be on the L trigger (that is what Zelda taught me from N64 days >_<). Either that, or LB would be fine. RB doesn't seem TERRIBLE, but it makes the stuff you are doing on the right side cluttered - looking, all attacks, AND targeting? Just a tad much.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Can we stop the "xx is better on xx" 360/ps3 war already? :D

Seriously, this thread will only get worse with all that shit fueled in.

Just enjoy the damn game on whatever console you choose.

lupinko

zoku88 said:
Is this demo coming to the US PSN or should I just skip the wait and go with the JPN version?

Coming at 3-4PM PST to the US PSN, you may as well just download it now from the JP store.

gconsole

BboyDubC said:
Wow, it seems to me that lock on would be stupid even on R1 for a PS2/3 controller. You guys just probably got used to it for DMC3 (never played it). Lock on for ANY game should be on the L trigger (that is what Zelda taught me from N64 days >_<).

R1 lock has been invented since RE PS1 day and it implement to almost Capcom since then. That's even before Zelda OOT.

Dahbomb said:
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah sorry, LONG TIME DMC habit. That's Y on the 360 controller by the way. X is the shoot button, B is the Buster/Snatch button. I need to get in the habit of posting information in BOTH 360 and PS3 format.

I figured. Just wanted to be sure. I ran out of time on the docks after lowering the bridge, so all these little tips help. I'm assuming that it's possible to get to the end of that level within the time limit?

Dahbomb

Yeah I got to the final boss in the Exterminator mode but only had 30 seconds to beat him. :(

I am sure it's possible to beat him if you skip some fights. I am playing this on a friend's PS3 using a Japanese account btw.

One more thing: WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THE GAME LOOKS THIS GOOD??? :lol

Playing this on a 40 inch Bravia is fucking sweet!

lupinko

zoku88 said:
Is there no reading required?

Well I'm still downloading mine, but if previous NTSCJ versions of DMC are to go by, the menus (aside from the descriptions) are all in English as well as the voice acting (of course).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the solution to all your 360 controller woes:

xbox360padblue.jpg

decent bumpers. crisply responding face buttons. triggers with a relatively short throw. an excellent d-pad -- which is why i bought it, though that isn't relevant to dmc4. it basically moots the controller issue for me...so i'll buy whichever version has better graphics

Gowans

thanks for the tips will try again later,

Defo a pickup for me now, got into a awesome run on the last boss, managed to keep myself in the air slashing away at his head, it just made him angry tho :D

Think the system wars stuff in this thread is getting close to the final straw, why can we just talk about the demo, its pretty much the same who give a shit.

Anyway work time, l8rz

Dahbomb said:
One more thing: WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THE GAME LOOKS THIS GOOD??? :lol

It's REALLY good looking. The synthesis of all Capgod Next Gen that has come before it plus several extra layers of awesome just because of the variety of crazy shit everywhere.

DMC4 = The Pinnacle Of Capgod Achievement Thus Far

Gowans007 said:
Think the system wars stuff in this thread is getting close to the final straw, why can we just talk about the demo, its pretty much the same who give a shit.

:O

Did you or did you not see that calamitously damning SUPA-ZOOM of those ground textures?!?

Anyway, fruitless task. This is probably THE Multiconsole game of 2008 so far in terms of the hardcore. I'm just here for the TIPZ N TRIX. Hitting RB+B and zooming my way past SYSTEM WARZ pitfalls.

60 frames per second makes my heard hurt.

It's been that long since I've played a game at that framerate (sorry CoD 4, sometime later).

TRY THESE OUT -- INFORMATION FOR 360 CONTROLS

couple tips:

/\ pause-delay /\/\/\/\

/\ /\ pause-delay /\/\/\/\/\

Right Bumper + Foward + Y
Right Bumper + Back + Y
Right Bumper + Back + Press and hold Y

(in air)

Y, Y, Y (regular air attack)

Right Bumper + Foward + Y (in air) -- helm breaker.

good used to pressing right bumper -- it does a lot in conjunction with left stick foward or back etc.,

click in R3 for camera reset

Just - Rev Mechanic

Y (during the initial slash animation, press Left Trigger) -- this immediatley revs the sword meter up one bar. You can quickly couple that into a revved up STREAK (Right Bumper + Foward + Y)

I believe dahbom mentioned helm breaker (R.Bumper + Foward + Y -- IN AIR---) but he didn't mention the JUST-REV mechanic, which IS FUCKIN' ADDICTIVE!

karasu

I love skeeting around the level with that groovy arm of Nero's. It's like a souped up verion of SkyStar

Dahbomb

I have to say, as much as I have been following this game since DAY 0 even I was a bit taken a back by the graphics when you see them.

My friend was seeing me play this and was like "This really fucking is a next-gen DMC game". There is some sweet stuff like the fluid coming from the Scarecrows and their animations, then there is the whole sunset scene with the water in the docks.... FUCKING AWESOME!!! Though the snow area could've been better, even that is much better than I expected. Berial fight is GODLY... enough said.

I am tinkering around with Exceed now, I found quite some new mechanics and "pro techniques" with it like mid-air stance cancel. It's fun to mess around with if you are a pro at DMC. Other than it's pretty standard stuff combat wise, nothing mind blowing. Snatch is cool and Helm Breaker IS reboundable.

Oh and Just Rev mechanic with Helm Breaker is a vertical strike downwards, looks different and cooler than the normal Helm Breaker move. To perform Just Rev you have to tap L2/Left trigger at the recovery frame of an attack. It's kind of difficult to do with Streak but it's not impossible. It's the easiest to do with Aerial attacks.

Spokeys

Looks like i'm gonna have to wait a few hours until I can play. The downloads been stuck at 1% for like five minutes. :(

Xbox Live by the way.

Dahbomb

Anyone else playing this game without vibration on the PS3? I am not missing the vibration though I never was a vibration guy myself. I think the weight and impact of the attack coupled with the crisp sound of the attack doesn't make me miss the vibration. Who else feels this way?

How on earth did no one steal this thread-making opportunity away from Dahbomb, especially after he pre-emptively made one last week? That didn't set off any warning bells with anyone?

duckroll

Game looks okay. A lot of the textures are quite lol. It's really FAST, SMOOTH and the lack of loading really, really improves things. In terms of general engine, it's one of the most polished next-gen action games. Fun game, hope the level design in the final game is better though.

BboyDubC

BboyDubC said:
Wow, it seems to me that lock on would be stupid even on R1 for a PS2/3 controller. You guys just probably got used to it for DMC3 (never played it). Lock on for ANY game should be on the L trigger (that is what Zelda taught me from N64 days >_<). Either that, or LB would be fine. RB doesn't seem TERRIBLE, but it makes the stuff you are doing on the right side cluttered - looking, all attacks, AND targeting? Just a tad much.

Actually I take this back. It took all of 5-6 minutes for me to be COMPLETELY used to using the Right Bumper to target and do all those moves. I wasn't even noticing it. The game only has one problem.... 10 MINUTE TIME LIMIT. Day 1 purchase. Capcom, I love thee for making some of the best games this gen!

pswii60

Right bumper really isn't an issue, just adjust your hand position accordingly. As for the demo, great fun! Been ages since I've had some hack and slash, makes a nice change from all the pure shooters out there. Day one, no doubt.

Dahbomb

Green Shinobi said:
How on earth did no one steal this thread-making opportunity away from Dahbomb, especially after he pre-emptively made one last week? That didn't set off any warning bells with anyone?
Because everyone knows I would've done the DMC official thread justice... and I did (well kind of, still waiting on that 3rd user to edit in my information). :lol

Dahbomb

dralla said:
how do I slam Berial's face in the ground like the movies
Slash his head a lot, keep doing Exceed combos until his fire extinguishes and he turns charcoal black with orange highlights. After that jump near his face and perform Buster. When he hits the floor, do some more combos and as soon as he his on his knees... perform Buster again to juggle him and toss him like salad. :lol

BboyDubC

The Faceless Master said:
ten minutes seems to be more than enough time...

Not when this is your first DMC ever. I want to mess around and enjoy it. I was actually on the fence on this game and not really excited. Now, I'm just psyched. I just don't know why Capcom is so obsessed with like 10 button combinations to do moves (ok so like 3). They had that in Dead Rising too, and they just seem a bit weird to me. Meh, I'll adjust to them.

Dahbomb

I agree that 10 minutes is too short.

It's short because I keep running out of time trying to experiment with move properties and combos. Whatever....

Rekwest

Spokeys said:
Looks like i'm gonna have to wait a few hours until I can play. The downloads been stuck at 1% for like five minutes. :(

Xbox Live by the way.

My DL stop at 50% MTU error Fuck you Live :(

sinnergy

Rottweiler said:
Sorry to disappoint you but that shot doesn't look like that on my TV. Looks clear just like the PS3 version.
And look at the X360 logo in that picture, it looks more blurred than the ps3 logo ;)
Nice try fanboys!

Top Bottom