• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

justjohn

Nemesis556 said:
Doesn't seem to be appearing on the Japanese, American or Australian PSN's at all yet. The Australian is a given though, as it was delayed till Feb 1st. Still, this is a kick in the balls for PS3 owners - the franchise was born on the Playstation. Odd, no?
for the love of fucking god it will there in a few hours, sheesh :lol

Nemesis_

justjohn said:
for the love of fucking god it will there in a few hours, sheesh :lol
For the love of fucking god I wasn't complaining I was just spreading it out for those who can't get to their PS3s.

Y pause-delay Y Y Y Y Y

Y pause-delay Y Y Y Y Y (Y, X, B -- whatever the attack button is, i think it's Y)

good used to pressing right bumper -- it does a lot in conjunction with left stick foward or back etc.,

click in R3 for camera reset

THE FINAL VERSION OF THE GAME HAS CUSTOM CONTROLS -- the demo does not.

*ps, sp0rks, can we get a title edit? now that the dmeo is up

LowParry

sp0rsk said:
RIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTT BUMPERRRRRRRRRRR ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG

:lol :lol - Seriously. The bumper is....fucked up. I dunno. Do I really want to get used to this? PS3 demo is up next!

fuckin - a, the right bumper is pissing me off -- on the final version i'll just switch the functions of the right bumper to the right trigger.

it still does what it needs to do (I could get used to it if I wanted to), but the R1 on the dualshock is superior.

LowParry

C- Warrior said:
fuckin - a, the right bumper is pissing me off -- on the final version i'll just switch the functions of the right bumper to the right trigger.

it still does what it needs to do (I could get used to it if I wanted to), but the R1 on the dualshock is superior.

The right trigger? Good god. That'd be hella worse.

Snah

Banned
C- Warrior said:

that shit is annoying.

hopefully my DS3 comes in tomorrow so I can play this with RUUUUMMMBLE the proper way with no fucked up right bumper.

Loudninja

Snah said:
that shit is annoying.

hopefully my DS3 comes in tomorrow so I can play this with RUUUUMMMBLE the proper way with no fucked up right bumper.

Dude the DS3 is godly, Uncharted has some of the best rumble.

Ok to go from child to adult you need to go to account management it's the thing on the top. What I don't understand is why they asked for a new credit card. Retarded.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Up in Europe as well... 612 MB...

Just was about to head out the door for the day, and just decided to check real quick on Marketplace before even seeing the thread - going blazing fast too...

Oh well, it'll have to wait as I have a really long day today after all... I will be reading impressions though...

near

Gold Member
Loudninja said:
Dude the DS3 i godly, uncharted works so damn well with it

I orded my DS3 about 2 weeks ago, it still hasn't arrived. I hope I get it before the final version comes out.

Snah

Banned
Loudninja said:
Dude the DS3 i godly, uncharted works so damn well with it

Yeah, whenever this baby comes in I'm going to have to retry all my favorite games with it. Supposedly the triggers are better too.

pswii60

Loudninja said:
Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm getting the 360 version because I can get it £10 (~$20) cheaper than the PS3 version in the UK. I don't get why the prices are so different though! Would likely be going for the PS3 version if it was the same price.

sinnergy

Snah said:
Yeah, whenever this baby comes in I'm going to have to retry all my favorite games with it. Supposedly the triggers are better too.

I feel no difference with my Sixaxis to be honest. Only difference is the weight imo

MCD

chaoticprout said:
Ok to go from child to adult you need to go to account management it's the thing on the top. What I don't understand is why they asked for a new credit card. Retarded.
i think it's because credit cards are attached to the user age or something.

East Lake

chaoticprout said:
I just used the same one I was using before. That account change fixed it though, downloading now. :D

mr stroke

just through a little bit of both levels-

so far

-Graphics are amazing in some spots(out doors in courtyard) and ps2 quality in others(snow level)
-Right bumper sucks ass
-music is some of the worst genaric metal/rock I have ever heard
-combat seems pretty solid from the small amount I have played so far

hope the retail game is solid(please no backtracking) as I have been looking foward to the game for awhile...

Gowans

this will be my first experience with the series, hope to have fun with it, wow downloaded already checking the demo out now ;)

dralla

mr stroke said:
just through a little bit of both levels-

so far

-Graphics are amazing in some spots(out doors in courtyard) and ps2 quality in others(snow level)
-Right bumper sucks ass
-music is some of the worst genaric metal/rock I have ever heard
-combat seems pretty solid from the small amount I have played so far

hope the retail game is solid(please no backtracking) as I have been looking foward to the game for awhile...

there's quite a bit

The Innocent X said:
Another 15 pages of right bumper complaining coming up. :(

Indeed. Although it's not a problem really -- an annoyance to get used to if you especially accustomed to DMC1 - 3 on PS2, sure.

When holding the right bumper, don't use your fingertip, but shift your hand upward so you depress the right bumper with more of the base of the finger.

So I downloaded this fairly quickly. Like everyone else I quickly noticed the right bumper and had to groan :(. Thus far its worked out pretty well, though I'll most likely change it in retail. Was frustrated about the 10 minute time limit, and didn't get all the way through. Its late so I'll go at it again tommorow. Time simply expired on me.

Graphics: Pretty solid. Didn't get a big opportunity to really take a step back and look at them, but I was pleased. Great textures and the lighting is pretty good. The sun falling below the horizon is a pleasant sight, and the orange glow mixed with the shaded corridors of the town looked pretty good, and the water in the game is nice as well. Game seemed to run without hiccups, and overall its a very smooth experience.

Gameplay: I'm not sure what difficulty it was on, but I found it to be fairly easy through both the Berial mode and the time limit mode. I'm not going to comment on the difficulty to harshly as its something that could get harder via retail, harder difficulty modes, or an increase in difficulty as the game progresses. Health around the demo was pretty frequent, and certain attacks on Berial seemed to let loose an assortment of green health pickups to aid you.

Now, Nero was interesting. When I first started it I was annoyed by his limits and the lackluster Blue Rose in comparison to what was available by default for Dante in DMC3, but not to much longer after the time trial starts he accesses some new abilities. Armed with a long extending devil arm it seemed like the ghouls wouldn't have a chance against Nero early on in the game. Keeping distance one would simply use Blue Rose, and it seemed like it would be no problem at all to spam the demon arm pull to bring enemy fodder to you, and then follow up with a devastating air launch. Just judging from what was available in the demo, it would seem like Neros air juggling abilities will be nearly limitless. One can air hike an enemy, jump in the air and just go wild, slam him into the ground and pull him straight back up to continue the madness.

Right now I'm not going to say whether I think it was a disappointment or not until I gain more facts about the demo and play it again when I'm not so tired.

Top Bottom