• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Mrbob

Man, there is a ton of stuff to upgrade for Nero.

I've been playing through Human and Devil Hunter mode attempting to power Nero up as I move on. Been farming Mission 2 as its an easy 1000+ spirit points in about 8 minutes once you get used to the level. Having a good time hacking and slashing enemies, and the boss fights have been good too. I'm on mission 9 right now, so I think it is almost Dante time soon. Can't wait to use him full powered up.

I don't have many major complaints with the game (besides the AI sucking J/K C Warrior!). One thing that has disappointed me is the story. Nero is too damn emo and the cut scenes aren't outlandish enough. The story seems too serious for a DMC game. Also, it seems to be easy to get lost moving around stages. I've been getting hit on rank on a couple stages by missing the proper turn and getting too late of a time. But I'll worry about the rankings after I finish the game and get Nero fully powered up!

Mrbob said:
Man, there is a ton of stuff to upgrade for Nero.

I've been playing through Human and Devil Hunter mode attempting to power Nero up as I move on. Been farming Mission 2 as its an easy 1000+ spirit points in about 8 minutes once you get used to the level. Having a good time hacking and slashing enemies, and the boss fights have been good too. I'm on mission 9 right now, so I think it is almost Dante time soon. Can't wait to use him full powered up.

I don't have many major complaints with the game (besides the AI sucking J/K C Warrior!). One thing that has disappointed me is the story. Nero is too damn emo and the cut scenes aren't outlandish enough. The story seems too serious for a DMC game. Also, it seems to be easy to get lost moving around stages. I've been getting hit on rank on a couple stages by missing the proper turn and getting too late of a time. But I'll worry about the rankings after I finish the game and get Nero fully powered up!

Normally, things such as rank, or leaderboards shouldn't be a concern (and blue orbs/secret missions - to an extent) on your first run on devil hunter. You worry about those things on SoS mode when you know on where to go.

Zzoram

Drewsy said:
It's not like this thread needs to be stickied anyway, it's always on the front page. Turok would get buried in a heartbeat.

Where did the #1 guy get that Ninja Gaiden pic!?!

That guy only has 2 games played, Gears of War and Devil May Cry 4.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Drewsy said:
Where did the #1 guy get that Ninja Gaiden pic!?!

Xbox Live Vision cam? That's what I always do for my GamerTag pic. Just find any picture you want on the Internet, spend a few minutes to adjust clarity, lighting and positioning and voila you have a new icon that didn't cost you a dime!

Zzoram

Zefah said:
Xbox Live Vision cam? That's what I always do for my GamerTag pic. Just find any picture you want on the Internet, spend a few minutes to adjust clarity, lighting and positioning and voila you have a new icon that didn't cost you a dime!

That actually makes me want a Live Vision cam. Maybe I'll get a Gold + Cam bundle when it's next on sale.

MechaX

Link to a youtube vid of DMD Mode's first mission (Not sure if it was the one posted earlier in the topic).

.. Dang... Dante busts out the Pandora's Box Missile Defense Platform in the very first mission...

EDIT: Well.. the laser, but still.

Chao

Please, somebody tell me what's inside the BONUS DVD, apart from the wallpapers or something a gaffer told me on the last page.

MechaX

Tokubetsu said:
Is MAX-act worth the price? Does it really fill all 3 bars with one IR?

In order to completely fill the Exceed Bar, the timing for reving is a lot more strict than otherwise (The timing window for Max-Act needs to be absolute perfect. The slightest millisecond off, you'll get a normal IR instead).

And even then, MAX-Act really shows its colors when you have Exceed 2 and Exceed 3.

VaLiancY

Wow, I'm defending the bitch and at the last three seconds she gets hit. I have to fix my target controls, this shit is a problem.

MechaX said:
In order to completely fill the Exceed Bar, the timing for reving is a lot more strict than otherwise (The timing window for Max-Act needs to be absolute perfect. The slightest millisecond off, you'll get a normal IR instead).

And even then, MAX-Act really shows its colors when you have Exceed 2 and Exceed 3.
speaking of which when you have Exceed 2 or 3 when you do a special move will it take all the lights or just one, (I havent tested it)

Chao said:
Please, somebody tell me what's inside the BONUS DVD, apart from the wallpapers or something a gaffer told me on the last page.

Something isn't right.

I put the making-of video on my MAC (things seemed gitchy) and the making of video cut out relatively quick. It didn't show any of the things that the 'making of teaser trailer' showed. Actors, VO's, mo-cap, director, yuji shimomura etc.

So I can't say.

But over all: it seems worth it if you're a fan. Shit, it's going to be the next 3 to 4 years till DMC5 comes out. Fuck, I'll be out of med school by then :lol

MechaX

Toonami 99 said:
speaking of which when you have Exceed 2 or 3 when you do a special move will it take all the lights or just one, (I havent tested it)

It'll only take all of the lights if you do IR Streak and IR High Roller (Which combined with Exceed 3 and a successful MAX Act, will pretty much blast Nero and his unfortunate victim up to the ceiling). Not sure if Roulette Spin does so as well.

Jirotrom

C- Warrior said:
Something isn't right.

I put the making-of video on my MAC (things seemed gitchy) and the making of video cut out relatively quick. It didn't show any of the things that the 'making of teaser trailer' showed. Actors, VO's, mo-cap, director, yuji shimomura etc.

So I can't say.

But over all: it seems worth it if you're a fan. Shit, it's going to be the next 3 to 4 years till DMC5 comes out. Fuck, I'll be out of med school by then :lol
ooo what school are you at?

ManaByte

FYI, a day after EB was all like "should've pre-ordeded LAWLZ" they got so many copies of the PS3 regular and SE that half their PS3 section is DMC4 boxes now.

IM SO GLAD I PREORDERED FROM FAMILYVIDEO!

my order went straight to backorder yesterday.

i decide to call them up like the impatient bastard i am and they said that they didn't get the game in yet and it would be in today and it would ship today. well late yesterday their site said it was instock.

so i was like "IM ALL GOOD!". well, guess what? i called them this morning when i noticed there site said the game was instock and my order was still listed as backordered.

well since it was instock one would think they'd ship me a copy...WRONG. the lady said my order would have to be transfered to another warehouse which supposedly had stock (shouldn't they have done this WITHOUT ME CALLING?!).

turns out it didn't and my order is still stuck on backorder even though family video was accepting orders for the game all day today (until a few hours ago - it's now listed as out of stock). so i called again and told them to cancel my order, oh but there is a catch with that as well. i have to wait a day so that they can be absolutely sure their warehouse isn't going to ship me out a copy,

in short - fuck family video.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ManaByte said:
FYI, a day after EB was all like "should've pre-ordeded LAWLZ" they got so many copies of the PS3 regular and SE that half their PS3 section is DMC4 boxes now.

In all the stores?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Who the fuck is family video?

Anyway, never order video games online if you want to play them on release day and actually have the option to go to a local video game store and pick it up physically.

Narag

Zefah said:

Anyway, never order video games online if you want to play them on release day and actually have the option to go to a local video game store and pick it up physically.

They've been pretty good to me in the past. 360 game preorders for around $50sh and DS stuff closer to $23 with 99 cent shipping. Last thing I had ordered was Assassin's Creed in November.

Chao

C- Warrior said:
Something isn't right.

So I can't say.

I hope somebody will upload the BONUS DVD to the net so I have a chance to watch it, because PAL gamers got screwed on that matter once again, no bonus DVD for me (but we got the pretty cover, yay!)

Mrbob

MechaX said:
Link to a youtube vid of DMD Mode's first mission (Not sure if it was the one posted earlier in the topic).

.. Dang... Dante busts out the Pandora's Box Missile Defense Platform in the very first mission...

EDIT: Well.. the laser, but still.

Oh my god. My head is spinning just trying to figure out how to beat Dante in DMD mode.

Mrbob

It does suck though Capcom is going to make us buy DMC4:SE before we can use Dante for all the missions. Hopefully it is a budget release like DMC3:SE.

2248660153_f592fcdb32.jpg

Keys to the chocolate factory, lucky little bitch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
stupid question alert...

what they hell do i do at the start of stage 4!? i'm in the castle, just beat the knight, and now i'm trapped in the library with a door that has a blue lock on it, and some strange statue that i can lock onto but cant seem to do anything with. gaf, HELP

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
op_ivy said:
stupid question alert...

what they hell do i do at the start of stage 4!? i'm in the castle, just beat the knight, and now i'm trapped in the library with a door that has a blue lock on it, and some strange statue that i can lock onto but cant seem to do anything with. gaf, HELP

Use Buster on it. Then thwak it and buster it at that blue barrier.

op_ivy said:
stupid question alert...

use your arm on it

then slash it

then ram it into the blue barrier.

Zefah said:

i've got no problem whatsoever with waiting a few days after release to get my game (especially right now considering it is a winter wonder land where i live atm). but when a sites CS tells me the game would be in today and it would ship and then doesn't despite the fact that their product page said it was instock since last night up until a couple hours ago (and the fact that they told me their warehouse had copies in). well, that makes me a wee bit a angry.

but i didn't know who family video was before this and i shall never deal with them again.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ok, what the fuck is with the save system? i've beaten stage 3 now twice and each time i have made sure to save after completing it, yet i always have to start way tat the beginning in the snow. capcom shitty saves strike again, or me am fail

EDIT: gah, i am retarded. didnt realize i needed to push over to select the mission... i thought it just saved progress and wouldnt allow you to pick and chose later

Bebpo

Banned
Mrbob said:
Oh my god. My head is spinning just trying to figure out how to beat Dante in DMD mode.

It's not that bad. If you snatch Dante while in the air and then buster him he can't do his little QTE where he hurts you instead.

Same with doing snatch -> buster when you have DT out.

Did mission 1 DMD this morning. Was a lot of fun. Hopefully all the bosses get new attacks on DMD like Dante does.

Synless

Mrbob said:
It does suck though Capcom is going to make us buy DMC4:SE before we can use Dante for all the missions. Hopefully it is a budget release like DMC3:SE.
Or maybe they will just sell him on XBL/PSN for a few extra dollars.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mrbob said:

40 bucks the new budget price.

MechaX

Bebpo said:
It's not that bad. If you snatch Dante while in the air and then buster him he can't do his little QTE where he hurts you instead.

Same with doing snatch -> buster when you have DT out.

Did mission 1 DMD this morning. Was a lot of fun. Hopefully all the bosses get new attacks on DMD like Dante does.

Would you say that DMC4 DMD Mode is lesser, equal, or greater in difficulty to DMC3 DMD mode?

jett

D-Member
KGKK said:
Where is my wall run, wild stomp and enemy riding moves???? Me miss them:(

There's no wall run with Dante in Trickster mode? I guess Capcom realized how fucking half-assed and useless it was in DMC3.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Wow, mission 6 took me an hour and 3 minutes because after the Agnus fight I went all the way back to the demo place and back again, it took me so long to find that damn bridge.

jett said:
There's no wall run with Dante in Trickster mode? I guess Capcom realized how fucking half-assed and useless it was in DMC3.

Seriously.

They added "running up on enemies though" -- which sounds a lot more useful and appealing imo.

Synless

Wait...am I missing something? Why in the hell can't Dante Juggle people in the air?? He just slams them down to the ground everytime......*sad*

I'm on the second mission with Dante where the Plant Snake-Thingy has cast some smoke or whatever up and now the area I goto are somewhat random. Well, 99% of the time I keep ending up at the river no matter where I go.

I started the mission over so DMC-Elite, where the hell do I go?

Narag

ParticleReality said:
I'm on the second mission with Dante where the Plant Snake-Thingy has cast some smoke or whatever up and now the area I goto are somewhat random. Well, 99% of the time I keep ending up at the river no matter where I go.

I started the mission over so DMC-Elite, where the hell do I go?

Take the portal under the bridge, enter the church, take the door beneath the stairs, follow the path where the arches cast a shadow towards you 4 times, run up stairs, fight Echidna

Top Bottom