• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Bebpo

Banned
Has anyone been able to successfully get this hidden blue orb fragment on mission 3?

2. LOCATION: Second Mining Area

At the planked platform (same spot as above) after first set of Grim Grips,
another platform is far from the opposite of the exit. So face to South and
perform a far jump (try whetever can hold you in the air) to reach there, and
the Blue Orb Fragment is inside that area.

The camera angles are so bad I can't even so what I'm supposed to land on. Been trying this for like 15 mins now. >_<

*edit finally got it. Ugh that was a headache. If anyone gets stuck there too, here's a strat I used:

Face towards the screen and do a streak. At the height of the streak before you start falling down do a roulette spin, then do an air hike at the top of the spin and another roulette spin to try to land it.

Amon37

ggp759 said:
People over at avsforums are saying that the sound format is DD 5.1 Lossless not PCM. So if your receiver displays the rate of the DD signal thats coming in...

Color me disappointed.

Darkpen

Banned
so has anyone managed to rip the music from the CE dvd?

EDIT: nvm, you can access them pretty easily through exploring the disc

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Alphahawk said:
So I grabbed it last night for the 360 and it's pretty fun although it seems a little too easy on Human mode, one thing I have to say is the save system is pretty f*ckin riddiculous if you save after completing a mission the game treats it as a midlevle save meaning if you don't save at the start of the new mission you have to play the previous level all over again. Also while I'm on gripe why the f*ck do I have to download friend informatio seprately. if XBLA can have seemless leader boards theirs no reason why retail games can't.

But overall the actual gameplay is very solid, in a weird way it's kinda reminicint of Metroid Prime...

Lol, dude! After you save, and reboot the game, you have to select the next mission once you've loaded the game. You don't have to replay it. :lol

burgerdog said:
So what happens when you defeat all the
enemies that play during the credits with Nero? Does he end up kissing Kyrie?

If yoy wait it out you'll get a
"Secret" ending that sets up DMC5 with hopefully more Dante and a little less everyone else.

Y2Kev said:
How should you fight the flying shadow things as Dante?

Coyote-A is the most effective. Then Follow with a little Kick 13 action.

Anyone know the best way to kill those
fish
things that
burrow in the ground
?

Darkpen said:
so has anyone managed to rip the music from the CE dvd?

EDIT: nvm, you can access them pretty easily through exploring the disc

Oh? How can I get them from my disk to my PC? Been trying for ages.

Narag

Y2Kev said:
How should you fight the flying shadow things as Dante?

btw on the fly style switching is ridiculous

Jumping close to them with the shotgun + fireworks knocked them out of their cloaks if I remember. Easily dispatched right after.

Jesus holy hell!
I'm just starting with the second
Dante mission
and I gotta say, this is the first PS3/360 game that doesn't fall short in any area. Gorgeous, smooth, polished and packed to the brim with content. Capcom did a damn fine job.

Next-gen has finally arrived. :D

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, so everytime I play mission 3/4 I walk by this area where the 2 red orbs are and my hand starts going CRAZY like there is a secret red orb stash or secret mission or something.

So I get up there by doing a jump -> roulette -> wall jump -> roulette -> air streak and my hand is going off like nuts but there's nothing there. Wtf I am confused.

dmc4002.jpg

Prince8 said:
So just started an hour ago, but what am I supposed to do with all those red orbs if I can't use them to buy upgrades anymore? Spend them on item crap only?

blue orbs? purple orbs? which are -extremely- expensive as you buy more...

Are there any videos online of people kicking ass with lucifer cause I suck with that weapon, I cant get anything going. Finshed all of Dante's missions :(. I have replayed them so many times, S ranked most of them already. I love Pandora, best gun of all time!!

Darkpen

Banned
ParticleReality said:
Oh? How can I get them from my disk to my PC? Been trying for ages.
If you're on PC, open up my computer, right click on the drive with the disk in it, go to Explore, and access the dvd's files from there. There's a folder for music and pictures set aside to access. Its pretty neat.

While the pictures aren't as hi-res as I was WISHING they would be, its as close to a press kit as the average consumer can get, I suppose.

Narag

Bebpo said:
Ok, so everytime I play mission 3/4 I walk by this area where the 2 red orbs are and my hand starts going CRAZY like there is a secret red orb stash or secret mission or something.

So I get up there by doing a jump -> roulette -> wall jump -> roulette -> air streak and my hand is going off like nuts but there's nothing there. Wtf I am confused.

I'd like to know if you happen to find out. That part is so aggravating. I'd just assumed you couldn't even get up there.

Sectus said:
Turn off tutorials in the options menu and the first mission will be a pure boss fight without interruptions.

Have you done this? because i coulda swore i did that and it didnt work. It still does that damn "shoot 5 times" / "jump 3 times" thing with the videos interspersed

Kyoufu

pancakesandsex said:
Have you done this? because i coulda swore i did that and it didnt work. It still does that damn "shoot 5 times" / "jump 3 times" thing with the videos interspersed

I believe you have to turn it off in Options too.

Narag

pancakesandsex said:

I turned them off when I first started my new game. I was forced into it once then never again.

ezekial45

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Where the fuck do i go after beating that Plant lady as Dante???

srsly, this jungle level is shitty all around

You'll have to head back to the canyon area. It's the first part of the jungle area with Nero when you left the castle area. Look on the map.

vMaxx

HEEEEELP!!! I've bought EUROPE collectors edition yesterday for PS3, but it didn't have any extra disc with the Anime.Only metallic case and artbook.Why?

Sectus

pancakesandsex said:
Well, I've got tutorials turned off, and the last time I did mission 1 there weren't any tutorial stuff. Perhaps it depends on difficulty, but I assumed it was related to the tutorial option.

Danielsan

vMaxx said:
HEEEEELP!!! I've bought EUROPE collectors edition yesterday for PS3, but it didn't have any extra disc with the Anime.Only metallic case and artbook.Why?
Because Europe got fucked once again.

Maggot9

Banned
Is there a way to ensure you get a certain number with the dice? I'm on the mission 19, on the last platform with the dice and coloured discs..I mustve landed on like 10 fucking red circles, my god..

Narag

MiamiWesker said:
12/8 is the correct number.

Ah, I was way off. The Dante levels just fly by.

Maggot9 said:
Is there a way to ensure you get a certain number with the dice? I'm on the mission 19, on the last platform with the dice and coloured discs..I mustve landed on like 10 fucking red circles, my god..

Use the devil bringer when the number you want is up. It follows the same rotation every time so just keep an eye out for it.

vMaxx said:

Were you supposed to get it? Maybe you didn't because nobody has licensed the anime is Europe yet(AFAIK)

I3rand0

About Proud Souls, if I replay a level and get a better ranking, does that give me more than I had previously or am I wrong? I guess its not like DMC 3 where you could grind in one mission.

Maggot9 said:

Use Grab, Slash and then blast. Or any combos of these. A grab + Slash got me a perfect number.

hteng

Banned
Maggot9 said:

if you hit the dice with whatever number that is at the top of the dice, you will receive that number. But since the dice rotates so fast, you'll usually end up with the next number, so what you do is remember what's the previous number. The patterns are always the same, for instance, 1 will lead to 3, so if you see 1 is up just hit it with your devil bringer, you'll mostly like get a 3.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Protip: When 1 Sword Knight and 2 Lancers form up and create the black hole attack, a powered Blue Rose shot = instant SSS kill on all of them. I love those kills.

Anyone know any others?

Darkpen

Banned
Chao said:
If somebody could upload the "making of devil may cry 4" I'd give him a <3free hug<3 coupon.
its not that great, you're not missing out on anything.

I get so depressed over devs not including more behind-the-scenes footage than they do. I was expecting a bunch for Heavenly Sword, and a bunch for Uncharted, and at least as much in DMC4 as there was in DMC3SE

:(

I want mocap and voice actors! :(

Darkpen

Banned
Super_Chicken said:
Can you guys elaborate on the PS3 accomplishments? How to get them, view them, can they be linked with home... etc.

Thanks! Pics are good too :D
you see them at the end of the mission, and you can see a list of them in the game itself, as well as seeing stats and accomplishments for people on your FL. Sadly, they didn't do the blip thing like Uncharted (and how 360 does it).

Top Bottom