• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Kyoufu

_leech_ said:
Can someone explain to me how checkpoints work? Can I save mid-level?

You can save but the only thing that saves is orbs and proud souls. Checkpoints are only used when you die and choose to continue.

Danielsan

Dahbomb said:
Credo on DMD mode

The player intercepts and tosses the lance back at him. The timing is pretty difficult but doable.
Holy fucking shit. That is some jawdropping skill right there.I love how he finishes him off with a clapping taunt. :D Credo is probably my favorite boss in DMC4.

hteng said:
lol i just beat bloody palace, its pretty epic, especially stage 99, you have to fight an endless horde of knights, pretty fucking annoying. Then 100 you fight agnus, 101 you fight
dante
. From my experience it seems the bloody palace's bosses are from SoS. Here's my record, i don't how the fuck do the Japanese get 470k+ points, i'm already happy that i beat the stage lol.

how long did it take you to get from level 1-101 or are there checkpoints?

j-wood

Great game. I picked it up yesterday and am already on mission 7 on devil hunter mode.

I do think I like the soundtrack of DMC3 a little bit more though. Especially the opening song when Dante and Video are fighting in the intro cutscene.

Does anyone else think the combo system in DMC3 might have been better as well? Maybe I'm just not fully realized on the potential of nero yet, but it seems no where near as deep. The devil bringer bascially has one more, and your sword has 5 combos (excluding the EXceed stuff, because it's basically just a powered up version of the original 5 right?). So IDK...maybe Dante will be better.

hteng

Banned
Toonami 99 said:
how long did it take you to get from level 1-101 or are there checkpoints?

no check points, i didn't time my run but i think less than three hour (average about 1-2 mins pre round), when i beat 101 i still had 10 mins left. Once you get past stage 30 you wont need to worry about the time because there's just a fuckton of enemies for you to kill. Stage 99 will take a while, i think took me bout 10mins, the waves of knights just felt like it was limitless, approximately 10 waves (im guessing).

Mrbob

fistfulofmetal said:
COME ON

That's just silly how good that dude is.

Hahah yeah, it is just not fair watching him and realizing how shoddy I am by comparison.

Man fuck this game and fuck capcom, this one is going back to the store.

What a waste of time.

What is your problem?

Draft

Just beat Dante the second time.

Another jumping puzzle. Really. REALLY.

I do not regret buying this game, but I do regret buying the CE. This is not a game worthy of collection.

Mrbob

Yeah I have to agree about that damned dice game. If Ninja Gaiden 2 finishes off on some sort of dice game I will give up on action games forever.

Mrbob said:
Yeah I have to agree about that damned dice game. If Ninja Gaiden 2 finishes off on some sort of dice game I will give up on action games forever.

I hope NG2 doesn't it's my last hope on action games this gen, and GOW ofcourse.

maskrider

Mrbob said:

I was annoyed at first, but once I get the hang (trick) of it, I abuse that dice game to recharge for health and red orbs.

Zzoram

maskrider said:
I was annoyed at first, but once I get the hang (trick) of it, I abuse that dice game to recharge for health and red orbs.

Am I the only one who doesn't know how to do the dice game properly? I just hit it until I get to the end, and deal with whatever I get.

Zzoram said:
Am I the only one who doesn't know how to do the dice game properly? I just hit it until I get to the end, and deal with whatever I get.

Its extremely easy, just do a buster when the number you want is face up. Then just move to the blue or yellow spots and you gain health and stuff.

I S ranked that mission on my first try.

maskrider

Zzoram said:
That didn't seem to be the case for me.

When I read hit, I used guns and sword attacks before but it is not quite under control. I then tried using the devil bringer (buster), and it gives me the exact number.

Zzoram

maskrider said:
When I read hit, I used guns and sword attacks before but it is not quite under control. I then tried using the devil bringer (buster), and it gives me the exact number.

Ok, so buster it is :lol

Man, those japanese players are too good at this game. 4 of them have 1000/1000 achievements already!

Zophar

Any tips on how to beat Secret Mission 10? I'm trying to grapple the scarecrow right away, air hike up and just spam the blue rose, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any suggestions?

Zzoram

The only secret mission I beat was the one where you move the gyroblade with a time limit. I can't even beat SM1 :lol

maskrider

Zophar said:
Any tips on how to beat Secret Mission 10? I'm trying to grapple the scarecrow right away, air hike up and just spam the blue rose, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any suggestions?

Jump timing is not right, and it is not very easy. You need to watch out for those troublesome stuffs following after you.

The only way is practice more. I did it in 5 tries after viewing others video.

Firewire

Banned
Zzoram said:
The only secret mission I beat was the one where you move the gyroblade with a time limit. I can't even beat SM1 :lol

wha?

You couldn't beat SM1? Thats like 5 guys in a certain time period, I thought it was way to easy, but it was only the first SM.

maskrider

Zzoram said:

For SM1 I just abused buster on them all when I first played Human.

KdoubleA

Just started playing as Dante :D I kinda miss Nero and his devil bringer (imo, an excellent introduction to a new character in the series...nice job, Capcom)...but now it's time to practice some insane GS -> Swordmaster -> RG combination goodness!!!

DMC4 is up there with DMC and DMC3...It's got the best of both worlds; great enemy and level design like in DMC1 (although, the backtracking hurts it a bit) and the awesome gameplay of DMC3...Sure, Nero doesn't have as much variety as Dante but for the little he has, his moveset is pretty deep.

Bloody Palace and the insane difficulties will keep me busy for a long time.

Btw, I really dont see what the fuss is all about regarding the puzzles; they're not that frustrating, and while they could've implemented better ones, they're a good break between the action....Maybe, it's just me, coz I'm so used to the impossible puzzles of the Myst games :p

Zophar said:

you dont need air hike.
bring the scarecrows close together, jump, snatch, buster repeat and your done.
the trick is to bring them close so you can snatch and not miss.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
hteng said:
lol i just beat bloody palace, its pretty epic, especially stage 99, you have to fight an endless horde of knights, pretty fucking annoying. Then 100 you fight agnus, 101 you fight
dante
. From my experience it seems the bloody palace's bosses are from SoS. Here's my record, i don't how the fuck do the Japanese get 470k+ points, i'm already happy that i beat the stage lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Danor/DSC00227.jpg[/IMG]

Tips:
I used nero to beat it

Learn to use Charge shoot level 3, this move is a life saver and you will treasure it, i don't care how you use it but make it possible that you could charge it while attacking (make it to a trigger button).
Level 3 Charge shoot can knock back just about anything, after a while it will explode on the target, if the target just so happens to be in the middle of a group, it will own everything in it's blast radius, interrupting enemy attacks. It can go through anything, even those cloak demons, bosses, the explosion takes a good chunk of damage, use it frequently when you are retreating from a boss attack.

For the most part i just do simple 3 hit combos, jump up do a helm breaker, rev it, the use a EX streak to knock out anything that comes near then proceed to pick enemies one by one. the charge shoot is there to knock back any unwanted enemies (especially from behind, fucking frosts). You don't need any fancy combos unless you are going for the online rankings, the key here is to survive as long as possible.

PS: There are no rewards for beating bloody palace lol, you get to unlock achievements King of the palace, lame

holy poo, did you get a reward for it? Im still shocked they modeled the
SPARDA sword
and you dont even get to use it once or even SEE it getting used, thats just wrong.

as for farming orbs, i read on another forum mission 7, there is a red orb thing that you have to slash at in the beginning, USE DT to get around 3700 orbs per time, then retry the mission and rinse/repeat.

? :p[/QUOTE]
you got me before my stealth edit :lol

Kyoufu

ScissorHands said:
I have played Mission 2 like 15 times for the orbs :lol .

You can get more orbs in mission 3. Kill the enemies at the start, then destroy the orb crystal with Devil Trigger, once destroyed, restart mission. Rinse and repeat. You get 200 or so Proud Souls too.

Make sure you have Trigger Heart if you're lacking DT bars.

I just completed the first mission with Dante and I have to say, I miss Nero and the Devil Bringer.

I shouldn't be too surprised since I was never very good at the other DMC games so it's probably a lot easier for me to work with Nero's timing based attacks and the DB. Devil Hunter difficulty hasn't been nearly as difficult as I anticipated it would. I can see why some of you hardcore DMC fans want to start on SOS :lol

Man I'm crap :lol Took me like 5 continues and a gold orb before I could beat
That frog boss
(cue laughter) Last time wasn't so bad as I
learnt to buster the little women things at the right time (thanks youtube) to bring him out, rather than keep getting hit by them, as I lose track of 1 with the crap camera, frozen and then eaten before I could move, am I right in thinking you can only do that cool buster move of going inside him, I've seen on youtube on the 2nd go, the guy did have a DT bar, so it seems likely
- Got a D for the mission, awesome ;) I can feel myself on top of that GAF leaderboard thread already :lol

Also, fun, I've just backtracked loads of distance I didn't need to go, as I'm an idiot and retraced my route instead of using the new path that opened, doh.

I moved my 360 as I was formatting/reinstalling windows (VGA cable, no sound unless my pcs on as it loops through AUX) back to my 20'' SD and the subtitles are crap on a normal tv, not easy to see.

Zophar

Jimmy Stav said:
Dude, human mode is so fucking cake. By the time you need to actually go back and get the achievements you missed on human mode, you're a supergod and you can clear pretty much every stage with your eyes closed. It's a great opportunity to farm up some items, orbs and proud souls too.

Top Bottom