• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Junpei Heat said:
No I wasn't but I was right,I was just fighting Credo and explosions randomly happened to him :lol

Then you're playing the game on auto.

The game is charging the gun for you. There shouldn't be any random explosions.

IJoel

C- Warrior said:
Then you set the tutorial to off...as to why I don't know.

Well, unless the game itself set the tutorial to off (doubt it did,) there's nothing that will walk one through Dante's style combat schemes. I think the only thing it says is that style can be changed with the d-pad.

Junpei Heat

C- Warrior said:
Then you're playing the game on auto.

The game is charging the gun for you. There shouldn't be any random explosions.

I should've clearified,I was using automatic but I wasn't using a Charge Shot and explosions still happened. Prehaps I'm not keeping track of everytime I press X or the game randomly fires full shots for you as well.

Danielsan

shintoki said:
What does Automatic do for you anyways?:lol
It plays the game for you. I seriously don't understand why someone would want to play on automatic. If you're not that great at actiongames just play it on human and buy some gold orbs/ vital stars every now and then.

DustinC said:
Now that I'm in Dante's missions, what's the best way to take on the cloaked flying guys? Is there a way to get them to drop the cloaks like I could with Nero's DB?

Use Coyote -- a charged shot obviously works better htan a normal shot.

shintoki said:
What does Automatic do for you anyways?:lol

Plays the game for you. It's retarded.

I tried it out -- and it's literally like watching a pre-recorded video of somebody who is really good at the game play :lol

Interestingly enough, it seems Capcom doesn't want people to play auto on though. First off, it's defaulted to off when you first boot the game up. Also, when you load up your file -- let's say the next day or something' the character on the select screen goes back to auto OFF. So you have to keep manually re-selecting it back to auto on on subsequent boot ups.

Lince

Banned
SpokkX said:
The ps3 version slows down a bit in several battles in the jungle level and also in some other levels when there are many enemies. It is not THAT bad but it is noticable

because the ps3 version has vsync=on, that's why when things get too busy it slows down to 30 fps.

Junpei Heat

Danielsan said:
It plays the game for you. I seriously don't understand why someone would want to play on automatic. If you're not that great at actiongames just play it on human and buy some gold orbs/ vital stars every now and then.

I mainly use it for charged shots,I know I can change the button to RT but my fingers can only do so much.

argh stuck...i dunno if i suck or what.

i'm on mission 11, and there's 2 grim grips with a wall that i can't get over. the gamespot guide says i can't get over it until i have air hike, which i don't.

if that's the case....bad, bad level design capcom.

any help?

comrade

Junpei Heat said:
I should've clearified,I was using automatic but I wasn't using a Charge Shot and explosions still happened. Prehaps I'm not keeping track of everytime I press X or the game randomly fires full shots for you as well.
That's what we're saying. When you have Automatic on the game is charging your gun for you. Whenever you shoot your pistol it's already fully charged and about 2 seconds later the bullets you shot explode.

Junpei Heat said:
I mainly use it for charged shots,I know I can change the button to RT but my fingers can only do so much.

If you want to play on auto on that's on you, I'd imagine some people would perfer it that way, and whatever gets you the most entertainment out of your purchase. If it's playing on auto on, then so be it.

But like I said, it's odd how each time you boot up your file, it defaults back to auto off, you have to click RB on the mission select screen via character select to change it back. I really don't think Capcom wants people playing on that setting.

comrade

smirkrevenge said:

i'm on mission 11, and there's 2 grim grips with a wall that i can't get over. the gamespot guide says i can't get over it until i have air hike, which i don't.

any help?
There should be a statue around there. Just go to it and refund however many proud souls you need to buy Air Hike.

smirkrevenge said:

any help?

...buy air hike? It's probably the most self-explanatory move in the game. The name description says it all.

It's also fair game, it's a relatively important move that's well into the game -- capcom probably expected most people to have it already.

Maztorre

smirkrevenge said:

any help?

I got over it without Air Hike, just make sure you're coming at the last grim grip from a downward angle so it shoots you diagonally upwards and forwards, then use the wall hike to clear the wall. It should only take a couple of tries.

smirkrevenge said:

any help?

Isn't the Air Hike only 200 proud souls? That was one of the first things I got.

Blutonium

Just finished it (came out the 8th here :lol) and loved every minute of it.

Unlockable spoiler

There's just one thing though... I reaaaally don't like the fact there's no character select. I know it's impossible to implement with those Devil Bringer anchors throughout the game, but I really would've liked to play the whole game as Dante, because Dante is more badass then ever in this one

Still...Capcom am god.

smirkrevenge said:

any help?

I think I remember that spot. I was like wtf? I actually got over the wall without air hike. Took a few tries though. Just timed my grabs really well and was able to fall on a wall and hike off of it and over it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
87:th floor in Bloody Palace... starting to get hard! Wish me good luck.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Why would you not have Air hike? That, Streak, and Charge Shot are all great moves ^_^

Another question...Do the orbs respawn at different levels...like if I collect all the blue ones from Devil hunter...then play Sparda? Do they respawn or is it just red orbs?

Danielsan

fistfulofmetal said:
I just got a Enemy Handicapped penalty

what the hell?

Anyway, Boss Gauntlet lol. It wasn't very hard though since I'm pretty good the the dice game.
Enemy Handicapped penalty is for when you die 3 times during a mission. Happend to me once on a boss battle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finished Bloody Palace!

Clear Time: 01:12:21
Time Extension: 02:29:43
Total Score: 553402

Score: C

:lol

hteng

Banned
shintoki said:
Why would you not have Air hike? That, Streak, and Charge Shot are all great moves ^_^

Another question...Do the orbs respawn at different levels...like if I collect all the blue ones from Devil hunter...then play Sparda? Do they respawn or is it just red orbs?

blue fragments can only be obtained for once, they permanently increase your health so it's a one time deal only.

hteng

Banned
Seiken said:
Finished Bloody Palace!

Clear Time: 01:12:21
Time Extension: 02:29:43
Total Score: 553402

Score: C

are you using super characters? that's a very low score, thats like 20% of your actual score lol

Bebpo

Banned
Using the L3 charge shot really really helps in DMD. The damage in DT is SO FRIGGEN HIGH that even on DMD it owns bosses. Just S/S/S'd mission 4.

I hate fighting Blitz on DMD though with Nero. I swear it took like 5 charged L3 shots just to bring his electric down.

Yoshichan

hteng said:
are you using super characters? that's a very low score, thats like 20% of your actual score lol
Yup, I used the super characters :lol It was just for fun though, I'll do a more serious attempt later on. At least I'm the 10th best player in my country (Sweden) >_>

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
dirtmonkey37 said:
Is there any benefit to not instant-revving for attacks? Any benefit at all?

C- Warrior said:
You get to see Lady and Trish make out at the end.

But seriously, is there? Sometimes I feel like I just want to perform a normal slash but I need to instant-rev. So no benefits at all, I assume?

Top Bottom