• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Zzoram

dirtmonkey37 said:
:lol

But seriously, is there? Sometimes I feel like I just want to perform a normal slash but I need to instant-rev. So no benefits at all, I assume?

Feel lucky that you can do IR at all. Most of us struggle with it.

Zzoram

So Dante is actually really cool. He has way more moves than Nero, and they look cooler too. At first I didn't like him because I was so used to revving and snatching, but once I got over that Dante was more fun. I've only used him in the first 2 levels of him.

FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Somebody tell me where the fucking hell is default save file. Or does game even fucking save it? Fuck. I just beat Sanctus and I got disc error after ending animation. My last save was before 10th mission. Two mission are completely gone. Damn it.

Zzoram said:
Holy crap, videos? MyCheats wins the day.

Edit* Wait, where are the videos?

comrade said:
I was going to ask the same. It seems to be text only and I can't find any on Youtube.
It has videos for main boss battles and couple of others from gamevideos.com. For exam. Bael fight on this page - http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/19749/20317/devil_may_cry_4/ps3

Zzoram

MirageDwarf said:
FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Somebody tell me where the fucking hell is default save file. Or does game even fucking save it? Fuck. I just beat Sanctus and I got disc error after ending animation. My last save was before 10th mission. Two mission are completely gone. Damn it.

It has videos for main boss battles and couple of others from gamevideos.com. For exam. Bael fight on this page - http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/19749/20317/devil_may_cry_4/ps3

I think the game default saves your scores and items, but for some reason doesn't default save your mission completion. I forgot to save once, and had a score for lvl6 but couldn't access lvl 7 until I beat lvl6 again.

Dave1988

I was asked to post this:

Ok, here is the problem. I get a weird graphical glitch while seen and playing the game. Is more commun when I see a cutscene than when I'm playing but it has happen. The thing is that some poligons get stretch away and forms like a spike coming out of a character. And there is another problem I have seen, sometimes the textures dissapear for a instant and you can see the red in the back of the textures, but is just for for less than 2 frames but you can see it happen sometimes.

Now I deleted and re-install the 5GBs on my HDD 3 times and I still had this problem. Then I went to Gamestop and change my copy for a new one, expecting that my old copy was only defective. But now it seems that this new copy has the same problem. But then I thought "maybe I have to re-install the 5GBs again from this disc instead of using the 5GBs from the old disc." But guess what? It didn't matter...

Now I want to who else has experienced this problem besides me, because I have been searching in google and in other boards and nobody has experience this problem as me. I don't think my PS3 is defective because no game has this problem, I already tested VF5, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Burnout Paradise.

I experienced something similar when I played the demo but the line was way to thin and it was nearly invisible.

Anyways here are some pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch7.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch6.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch5.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch4.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch3.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch2.png
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/Glitch1.jpg

Anybody know what might be the problem?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Zzoram said:
Feel lucky that you can do IR at all. Most of us struggle with it.

Hehe, so no benefit at all, eh?

Well, I guess I'll just go back to instant-revving assuming normal slashes have no redeeming qualities.

Zzoram said:
I think the game default saves your scores and items, but for some reason doesn't default save your mission completion. I forgot to save once, and had a score for lvl6 but couldn't access lvl 7 until I beat lvl6 again.
Save system is bullshit in this game. Even after completing the mission game fucking doesn't save it automatically. What the hell.

Zzoram said:
Is it wrong to want both? Coop anybody?
No no, both is great and Dante needs more missions then he had in DMC4. Not that of all the cutscenes with Dante were anything less then awesome. I just have no idea how co op DMC will work.

Draft

Yes, it is wrong to want both. I want Nero with Dante's weapons and the ability to switch them mid-combo. Since they probably can't ret-con a Devil Bringer onto Dante, that makes him old news. Washed up. Put out to pasture.

It's time to move forward.

Zzoram

Lostconfused said:
No no, both is great and Dante needs more missions then he had in DMC4. Not that of all the cutscenes with Dante were anything less then awesome. I just have no idea how co op DMC will work.

Online coop most likely, since you can't really split the screen.

Draft said:
I am firmly in the Nero camp. Snatch has redefined DMC for me. Dante feels sluggish in comparison.

Agreed.

That is not to say it's interesting to play as Dante, but the series needs to progress more with a Nero mindset than Dante. It separates the gameplay from other action games.

Zzoram

Draft said:
Yes, it is wrong to want both. I want Nero with Dante's weapons and the ability to switch them mid-combo. Since they probably can't ret-con a Devil Bringer onto Dante, that makes him old news. Washed up. Put out to pasture.

It's time to move forward.

No Devil Bringer style? He can get one off a boss fight :lol

C- Warrior said:
Agreed.

That is not to say it's interesting to play as Dante, but the series needs to progress more with a Nero mindset than Dante. It separates the gameplay from other action games.

But it made the boss fights too formulaic. Beat on an enemy, watch for an opening to use buster, Hit DT and then watch a pretty cutscene.

Edit: With that being said, i am happy that Nero said Jackpot at the end. It would be over otherwise.

Dave1988 said:
I was asked to post this:

Anybody know what might be the problem?

It's the PS3 hardware.

As the guy above also indicated.

Odd how it's not happening in other games.

I can say for certain it's not the actual DMC4 game. One DVD is the same as all other 2 million printed DVD's.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lostconfused said:
But it made the boss fights too formulaic. Beat on an enemy, watch for an opening to use buster, Hit DT and then watch a pretty cutscene.

Edit: With that being said, i am happy that Nero said Jackpot at the end. It would be over otherwise.
There was a jackpot scene in DMC4? How did I miss this?

I suck at Bloody Palace, Berial destorys me.

But I am doing great o far on SoS mode. I am ranked 81 on mission 7 on SoS mode, with about 150k points. The guys ahead of me are around 170k, #2 is at 180k and then the #1 is like at 330k, what?! How the hell did he do that. Its this Japanese guy named... well it starts with a B and he is the leader in almost every category. Crazy how good some of these guys are.

KdoubleA

Who do you guys mostly play with in Bloody Palace? Nero or Dante?

To me, it seems like it's pretty easy using Nero, his buster is brutal and I finish stages faster than when using Dante.

I've been practicing mostly with Dante; I maxed out swordmaster, his abilities and all his devil arms...He's so much fun to play with. I've been doing a few cool combos starting with Lucifer then Rebellion and ending it with the almighty shoryuken from gilgamesh.

Sure, I miss a lot of weapons from DMC3 (oh, and where is my wild stomp capcom? :mad: ) but the instant style switch is simply awesome...Going from Gunslinger pandora air minigun then follow up with SM juggles....combo goodness!!!

hteng

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Is there any benefit to not instant-revving for attacks? Any benefit at all?

thats like asking if parrying in SF3 is any benefit or not lol. Of coz it's beneficial, the attacks come out faster, hits harder, has more knock back effect. The only downside is the recover animations but that's really not a big deal when the enemy is knocked 10 yards away.

IJoel

Mission 19 :(

Masochism redefined.

I absolutely despise gauntlets in games. It's even worse in this case, since every boss has been beaten twice already with Nero and Dante.

Maggot9

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Having trouble fighting the Sparda statue in Mission 18. Any tips?
Shoot all of the blue things on him with your (charged) pistols, or just DT and do it. There are also some (or is it only 1?) circular locks or whatever you want to call them that allow you to jump and run up his arm and slash away at some of them. Just keep shooting.

ToyMachine228 said:
Having trouble fighting the Sparda statue in Mission 18. Any tips?

The main thing is to knock out all blue crystals. First thing you got to do is stun the statue, you can do this by hitting it after it slams its fist down or turning on that blue laser gun and then unload on it. Once its stunned you have to choose which direction you want to go, left or right, it all loops. Take out every blue orb you see, pandora will destory them in one shot. There will be some crystals left on the body that you cant reach by stunning. To get to those do the laser thing and then jump on his hand and walk up its arm, destory the shoulder crystals and the one on the head (just shoot at it).

Once all crystals are broken the next phase begins which is to take out the center crystal. Here just jump around platform to platform until you reach on that is flat square, its the highest one, when you reach that one the savior will slowly come up from the bottom, unload on him and the crystal when its pops up. Also you can attack his hand when you dodge his attacks to stun him. When he is stunned you can jump down directly to the crystal and beat the crap out of it (Gilgamesh, back plus circle swordmaster, huge damage.)

Mugen

Banned
hteng said:
thats like asking if parrying in SF3 is any benefit or not lol. Of coz it's beneficial, the attacks come out faster, hits harder, has more knock back effect. The only downside is the recover animations but that's really not a big deal when the enemy is knocked 10 yards away.

He's asking if there any benefit to not instant reving.

Bebpo

Banned
That guy who made Credo look like a joke on DMD is insane. I finally beat that battle after a ton of tries and even then I had to just play it slow and defensively chipping him down little by little. In the video it looks like "oh you just got grab those lances and throw them back for your opening" but I tried grabbing them and uh....out of about 20 tries I didn't grab one and if you miss it does like 20% damage or more. >_<

Frog and Snake are pretty easy on DMD IMO, both are slow with predictable patterns. Berial is really hard and Credo is challenging.

hteng & seiken, shoot me a PSN friendlist thing at "bebpojp". I don't have any friends playing on DMD to compare leaderboards with >_<

Tiduz

Eurogaime
anyone else extremely dissapointed they took out the enemy surfing move?

Nero does it in the beginning and revs to move the enemyforward :lol i would have liked if it was in.

I really didnt expect the difference between Dante and Nero to be this huge, I used to be pretty good at DMC3, but I got way too used to Nero's style of play and am having a hard time retuning for Dante.

LordK

Linkzg said:
I really didnt expect the difference between Dante and Nero to be this huge, I used to be pretty good at DMC3, but I got way too used to Nero's style of play and am having a hard time retuning for Dante.

I had a huge problem with that too. I eventually got used to using rebellion... can't use the other weapons worth a 2 inch turd though.

Bebpo said:
That guy who made Credo look like a joke on DMD is insane. I finally beat that battle after a ton of tries and even then I had to just play it slow and defensively chipping him down little by little. In the video it looks like "oh you just got grab those lances and throw them back for your opening" but I tried grabbing them and uh....out of about 20 tries I didn't grab one and if you miss it does like 20% damage or more. >_<

Frog and Snake are pretty easy on DMD IMO, both are slow with predictable patterns. Berial is really hard and Credo is challenging.

hteng & seiken, shoot me a PSN friendlist thing at "bebpojp". I don't have any friends playing on DMD to compare leaderboards with >_<

Add me "dvader654", or I'll add you. I am still on SoS but I am getting there. I am leading all my friends, I need more competition.

dralla

how do you get the giant red orb on mission 5, can I only get it as Dante?

edit. nvm, got it. forgot to break the statue in the middle to use as a platform

Narag

dralla said:
how do you get the giant red orb on mission 5, can I only get it as Dante?

I got up there with nero from the top of the fountain. Somersault jump -> roulette -> air hike to get up top. Jumped over and grabbed it with the devil bringer on my way down. That may not be the easiest way to go about it.

DiddyBop

so i got this game friday,its just as awesome as i expected it to be. its my first dmc game and im getting better as i play. my question is,does all your upgrades and stuff carry over once you finish the game? because at the rate on going,i wont be able to afford the irev attack sinc eim playin on human mode and i usually finish levels on C or B with the occasional A. so once i finish human mode,will all my stuff carry over for when i play on higher difficulty levels?

Top Bottom