• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Defuser said:
Pandora box + Gunslinger my friend. Just fly to the blue orb. :lol

Don't you need to build up meter or the flight ends early?

You can also use royal guard. Just jump up and block, don't bother killing the ghost bugs. They telegraph their attack, so you shouldn't be getting your guard crushed.

How you beat that SM where the seeders are attacking the Scarecrow?

Kyoufu

akachan ningen said:
Don't you need to build up meter or the flight ends early?

You can also use royal guard. Just jump up and block, don't bother killing the ghost bugs. They telegraph their attack, so you shouldn't be getting your guard crushed.

How you beat that SM where the seeders are attacking the Scarecrow?

Grab the scarecrow, take him all the way to the top, put him down then go back down and buster every single seeder for the win.

edit: you can build your pandora meter before you enter the mission.

Kyoufu said:
Grab the scarecrow, take him all the way to the top, put him down then go back down and buster every single seeder for the win.

edit: you can build your pandora meter before you enter the mission.

How do you put him down without killing him?

C- Warrior said:
You shouldn't have to think if auto is on.

Essentially, do you find your character -automatically- performing special attacks randomly? If so, auto is set to on.

As for switching it to off (if it is on) -- simply go to the mission menu and change your character (L1/R1 or a simple left/right on the analog) to switch from Nero ON to Nero OFF.

Though, I think you would seriously have noticed something 'is up' if auto was on and you've been playing the game for a solid 8 missions.

Anyway, try this. Rev up your sword (don't worry about just-revving) just do it the slow, old fashioned way.

And then perform a streak (while revved up) R1+foward+Triangle (that's a good way to easily bump it up from a D to C) follow with a snatch to a buster, snatch another enemy, knock it up in the air, do some air combos and slam it the ground, quickly snatch another enemy while you're still in the air, then follow with a split (chop down attack) -- quickly rev up again, and do another charged streak (r1 foward triangle).

I'm almost certain its on. How do you snatch and then throw into the air? (I'm playing the 360 version)

hteng

Banned
i've been playin this game for more than 20 hours now and i've still no idea how to increase the disaster gauge.. or the pandora guage i think.. lol. The flying fortress mode sucks, i'd rather use the revenge mode for massive damage.

hteng

Banned
akachan ningen said:
How do you put him down without killing him?

err... you have to hold the O button to hold him, just release the button will set him down.. or you can just buster it, he wont die from a single buster

siamesedreamer said:
I'm almost certain its on. How do you snatch and then throw into the air? (I'm playing the 360 version)

There's no such attack. the only way to get them in the air is high roller. lockon, back + slash.

BeeDog

I'm having trouble with secret mission 3 (the one at the beginning of mission 5).

It says something about getting a decent stylish rating without using attacks. How the hell do you manage that? I have no clue, since I'm not the best DMC player.

I3rand0

BeeDog said:
I'm having trouble with secret mission 3 (the one at the beginning of mission 5).

It says something about getting a decent stylish rating without using attacks. How the hell do you manage that? I have no clue, since I'm not the best DMC player.

Just skip it for now and come back later after you get the Hold move.

GrayFoxPL

gray_fox224 said:
Is it just me, or is Devil Hunter mode quite easy? Just want to make sure if I picked the right difficulty.

Don't worry It'll get harder. I think the difficulty is better tuned then DMC3. Yeah, it's easier, but for challenge/painfull ownage there are next unlockable difficulty levels.

I'm at mission 10 after pwning
Angus
. Damn, I didn' t think something could beat boss battles from dmc3 but dmc4 wipes the floor with it. I keep coming back to
Credo
- such an awesome, beautiful battle!

My only gripe is sometimes you have to run through a lenghty level to get to them while replaying.

gray_fox224

GrayFoxPL said:
Don't worry It'll get harder. I think the difficulty is better tuned then DMC3. Yeah, it's easier, but for challenge/painfull ownage there are next unlockable difficulty levels.

I'm at mission 10 after pwning
Angus
. Damn, I didn' t think something could beat boss battles from dmc3 but dmc4 wipes the floor with it. I keep coming back to
Credo
- such an awesome, beautiful battle!

My only gripe is sometimes you have to run through a lenghty level to get to them while replaying.

Thanks. Yeah, I remember now how they said they fixed it.

I wish somebody would make a nice, relatively simple -- youtube tutorial video that teaches the basics to instant revving in a non-intimidating manner.

So we can just link to that video instead of teaching people dmc 101 via lengthy posts.

It's obvious DMC4 has garnered a lot of newcomers to the franchise, and a video would do a lot better anything else.

Anyone want the job?

just tried the royal guard glitch, It actually works. :lol You can still get hit and lose your combo, but your health wont go down. You can also still mixup your style and it wont go away, I havent tried it with the DT yet.

oh there is one catch, If you enter a new area you have to do the glitch again.
I think this will help me in bloody palace.

GrayFoxPL

memecomplex said:
If you have a wireless pad and a quick charge wire you can try this experiment, an FPS that runs at 60 fps will give the best results, e.g. COD2 or COD4.

First using wireless move the aim around, then plug in the quick charge cable and try it again.

Wireless feel floaty compared to wired. But don't confuse the analog stick dead zone with lag.

On the other hand I cannot detect any discernible lag with the DS3.

MS needs to fix this stat!

I have Hori Wireless Turbopad 3 for PS3 and I can feel slight lag on it. It is clearer if I switch from Sixaxis to it straight away. I don't feel a lag on Sixaxis.

Micro Sony Ninjas must be working their asses off to speed up the data transfer inside the official pads :D .

Prince8

Banned
Kyoufu said:
So you're saying that style switching doesn't provide any value?
No it does have value, but to me it's just ... well it's not adding enough compared to the Nero experience.
Danielsan said:
I had the same feelings as you about Dante but yesterday, after having bought most of his upgrades, I've been fooling around with Dante on Bloody palace and I've come to the conclusion that I underrated him. Using trickster to get close to enemies (with trick up) and then switching to swordmaster to combo them to death is a delight. Lucifer takes getting used to but is great in combination with the other Devil Arms.
Well it's still a long ride with Dante, so we'll see.

Amon37

siamesedreamer said:
I think I suck at this game.

I've only gotten one S rank level (the first) and one S rank combo (on the second secret mission). The game isn't hard on human mode...have yet to die. But, I cannot get any combos going. It seems as if the game penalizes you for doing the same attack over and over. Any tips?

Also the enemies in human die far to quickly to rack up S or SS, I didn't even try for an SSS combo on human.

Sir Fragula said:
Hmm. Tried plugging that plug and charge kit into a controller and your PC? I'm seven shades of sure that the p&c kit only carries power.

Never tried it on a pc, but on an Xbox 360 I'm seven shades of sure it carries data.

Kingpen

This is going to come off stupid to you guys that are fans of this game, but I have a sealed copy of DMC4 and am wondering if I should simply take it back. I bought Culdcept Saga at the same time and that is taking all of my time and will for a long time. I am pretty much a newb when it comes to the series (only played the 1st one through about the first 3-4 levels). I DO like Ninja Gaiden, never played God of War. I thought the demo was meh mainly because of the lack of enemies and the challenge (I know the full game is much better though).

Knowing my situation, is there anyone here that was in the same situation and regretted buying the full game (not looking for people who wrote it off after the demo)? Or just anyone that regretted buying the game at all?

Zzoram

Kingpen said:
This is going to come off stupid to you guys that are fans of this game, but I have a sealed copy of DMC4 and am wondering if I should simply take it back. I bought Culdcept Saga at the same time and that is taking all of my time and will for a long time. I am pretty much a newb when it comes to the series (only played the 1st one through about the first 3-4 levels). I DO like Ninja Gaiden, never played God of War. I thought the demo was meh mainly because of the lack of enemies and the challenge (I know the full game is much better though).

Knowing my situation, is there anyone here that was in the same situation and regretted buying the full game (not looking for people who wrote it off after the demo)? Or just anyone that regretted buying the game at all?

I am a newcomer to the franchise, never played Ninja Gaiden or God of War either. I regret buying it day 1. I have 3 midterms in the next 16 hours, but I can't stop thinking about how I could play just 1 more level of DMC4 and still have time to study. I should've waited until after midterms :lol

Seriously, it's awesome. I'm going to replay it a lot.

Kyoufu

Kingpen said:

There are plenty of enemies in the full game and its a fine challenge.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
oh god. i want to play with super nero and super dante, ive finished human/devil hunter and am on mission 8 on SoS, i dont really feel like finishing DMD mode too, as much as i love DMC doing those shitty puzzles 4 times with increasing "difficulty" is something i DO NOT look forward too.

Toonami 99 said:
just tried the royal guard glitch, It actually works. :lol You can still get hit and lose your combo, but your health wont go down. You can also still mixup your style and it wont go away, I havent tried it with the DT yet.

oh there is one catch, If you enter a new area you have to do the glitch again.
I think this will help me in bloody palace.
i just tried it...i could still get hit and lose health as normal. seemd like only the look of dreadnaught stays.

are you sure your health wasn't going down?

Kyoufu

Tiduz said:
oh god. i want to play with super nero and super dante, ive finished human/devil hunter and am on mission 8 on SoS, i dont really feel like finishing DMD mode too, as much as i love DMC doing those shitty puzzles 4 times with increasing "difficulty" is something i DO NOT look forward too.

You could always download a gamesave, but that may cheapen the experience for you.

I find doing MAX act easier than beating Blitz's on SoS mode, but maybe it's just my natural button rhythm. I hit it about 60-80% of the time. Doesn't matter, because I don't want to fight that stupid first blitz again. I'd rather just fight Berial.

EekTheKat

I got up to 78 in Bloody Palace now (took about an hour and a half).

Oddly enough, I can totally own Blitz now, but it's the
Frost Demons and Hellhounds
that are causing a bit of a problem, since they don't seem to be as predictable.

Dahbomb said:
I can pull off the normal one consistently but this one is in another league entirely, even for me who is a hardcore DMC player. I saw some people playing on DMD on videos but even they can't get Max Act down (meaning they do it at random times not most of the time).

Lv.4 Royal Guard move for Dante. Just Devil Trigger while in the Royal Guard style. It makes your invincible but it drains your DT faster.

Wait...hold on. So Super Dante + Level 4 royal guard = invincible when you feel like it? Even against bosses?

Kyoufu

God's Beard said:
I find doing MAX act easier than beating Blitz's on SoS mode, but maybe it's just my natural button rhythm. I hit it about 60-80% of the time. Doesn't matter, because I don't want to fight that stupid first blitz again. I'd rather just fight Berial.

I know what you mean. I don't have the 3rd charge shot for Nero so fighting Blitz is a pain in the ass, whereas Berial is a cake-walk.

With Dante, I just abuse Trickster+Shotty or Royal Release.

Dark FaZe said:
Wait...hold on. So Super Dante + Level 4 royal guard = invincible when you feel like it? Even against bosses?

Yup, you'll be invincible.

Air Zombie Meat said:
Eh, Dreadnaught isn't activated by DT. Its lock on, back+circle. It runs off your Royal Guard gauge.

Doesn't it drain DT if you don't have any RG juice?

Kyoufu said:
I know what you mean. I don't have the 3rd charge shot for Nero so fighting Blitz is a pain in the ass, whereas Berial is a cake-walk.

With Dante, I just abuse Trickster+Shotty or Royal Release.

Yup, you'll be invincible.

*rushes furiously to get through SoS and DmD*

Dark FaZe said:
*rushes furiously to get through SoS and DmD*
don't get too excited, it's not true. dreadnaught drains your RG meter. it has nothing to do with DT as far as i can tell. you certainly aren't invincible when you DT with lvl 4 RG.

Air Zombie Meat said:
Just tested it and no it doesn't. No invincible Super Dante/Nero (unless you use the Dreadnaught glitch) :)
that glitch is just the dreadnaught look. you still take damage as normal. i tested it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
**** You Capcom...**** You!!!
Level 10 is a horrible level. You add in Faust....Yuck....Secret Mission 7(Platforms with Mepishto's) and force me to cheese through Dante Fight...**** You:lol

So they introduce...another flier...Who takes longer to knock down and kill >_>
Then they bring on a Secret mission...where you need a good camera system which is absent from this game <_<
And then since Dante will pretty much evade most attacks and...The Shotgun. I was forced to charge shot him to death and wait for his royal guard to Bringer him -_-. Its was funny but We get into one of those battles with the swords going at each other...right when it stops he shots me in the face with a shotgun:lol

Dyno

shintoki said:
Then they bring on a Secret mission...where you need a good camera system which is absent from this game.

Capcom actually milked their poor camera/perspective to increase the challenge in some areas. You know what you have to do but they don't give you fine enough control to do it easily. Those are the worst kinds of challenges.

My only complaint thus far.

shintoki said:
Its was funny but We get into one of those battles with the swords going at each other...right when it stops he shots me in the face with a shotgun:lol

But thats so awesome.

Although i do agree with the camera system, because sometimes its troublesome do get the proper back or forward attack that i want.

Dibbz

Managed to get up to Stage 19 in Bloody Palace then Berial killed me :/ Doesn't sound like I got far but I ended up 103 in the UK leaderbaords and 5400 something Worldwide :D

Also started SoS with Nero. The first mission on SoS is how the game should have actually started on DH imo. The tutorial they went with was a bit lame considering the person you were up against :/

Frost's were annoying the hell out of me on Mission 3 on SoS though the second time you run into them. I leart to just spam Nero's grab till they died. Managed to get through them without getting hit once, and my style gauge was in the A's and B's.

Everything becomes a lot easier when you learn that you should stay in the air and spam his grab.

Imm0rt4l

I think the cut scene fight choreography in dmc3 was better than 4's. I really liked the first fight sequence between dante and nero though.

Imm0rt4l said:
I think the cut scene fight choreography in dmc3 was better than 4's. I really liked the first fight sequence between dante and nero though.

I sorta have to agree with you there but I still really like the cutscenes in DMC4. 3 for me was really all about over the top action. You could just tell they were going for that. 4 just has a different vibe for some reason but I still really enjoy the hell out of it.

Railer

So , just got to the Dante levels.
What would you guys recommend me to use my souls on?

I really havent played DMC before , except DMC1 a long time ago.
I really liked Nero so far , with him being able to control the enemies with the Devilbringer.

Danielsan

Railer said:
So , just got to the Dante levels.
What would you guys recommend me to use my souls on?

I really havent played DMC before , except DMC1 a long time ago.
I really liked Nero so far , with him being able to control the enemies with the Devilbringer.
Fully upgrade swordmaster + fully upgrade trickster and ofcourse get all the moves for rebellion, gilgamesh and lucifer.

Top Bottom