• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Lince

Banned
maskrider said:
The game save files are associated with the PSN ID/network data file on DMC4 PS3, you can download others save files and play but the online part will not be used. Not sure if you can turn an offline profile to an online profile after adding a PSN ID. May be not I suppose.

yes I noticed the network data file is copy protected but then again it isn't updated unless you're playing online and then save the game. Right now no matter what you do it seems every score you get offline will never make it to the leaderboards, maybe a bug? is it the same with the 360ver?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
p9uZPg==.jpg

inspiration for cancelled dmc4 dante? I like the "new" look 500 million times better tbh. and no i do not like men :p

Blackface

Banned
I have a question. How to you increase your health in DMC4? I am new to the series. I am on the 10th mission and have the default amount of Health. When I look at screenshots however or the Mycheats guide for reference, they have almost double bars.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Trax416 said:
I have a question. How to you increase your health in DMC4? I am new to the series. I am on the 10th mission and have the default amount of Health. When I look at screenshots however or the Mycheats guide for reference, they have almost double bars.

you need to find and collect secret blue fragments, when you get 4 you get a blue orb which increases your health, there can be seven bought at the shop i think, and 10 are in hidden secret missions. for those you get the fragments.

burgerdog

Cleared it under DMD, I've never even attempted it in 1 and 3 so I'm surprised I actually did it. I tried bloody palace after clearing the game and I'm really impressed with the stages. Especially 81 and up, wow. Anyway, I died on the 86th floor to 3 fucking rollie pollie things and 1 blitz. I was too focused on the blitz and the rollie pollies raped me ;/ Who do you fight on the 100th floor? I read that Dante is in 101, I would assume the people that have fought him there have done so with Nero? Or do you get to fight Dante as well if you use Dante?

I like Dante's Gameplay better than Nero's. The problem seems to be that neither the stages nor the enemies "fit" him. It feels as if you need the Devil Bringer to finish off some of the more annoying enemies. I hope Dante get a better part in DMC5 :(.

Okay so. This has probably been asked before but...the big electrofied dudes that look like something outta Halo...is there an easy way to beat them or do you just have to wait until their charge runs out and beat the crap out of them?

Pai Pai Master said:
Okay so. This has probably been asked before but...the big electrofied dudes that look like something outta Halo...is there an easy way to beat them or do you just have to wait until their charge runs out and beat the crap out of them?

Shoot them with level 3 charged shots until their electricity disappears then run in and smash them with Devil Triggered combos and busters (as Nero). They're tough.

goddamn it, right when I can beat the SoS Blitzs without getting hit finally, I get my ass raped 6 ways to hell by Dante. God damn. AT least I know how to beat him, it's just... so god damn hard. Otherwise I can do MAX Act about 80% of the time now, and I'm getting better at just act on every hit in a combo and in the air. just act stinger is tough though, because the length is always different and it throws me off.

dralla

God's Beard said:
goddamn it, right when I can beat the SoS Blitzs without getting hit finally, I get my ass raped 6 ways to hell by Dante. God damn. AT least I know how to beat him, it's just... so god damn hard. Otherwise I can do MAX Act about 80% of the time now, and I'm getting better at just act on every hit in a combo and in the air. just act stinger is tough though, because the length is always different and it throws me off.

for the streak, time the rev to the rumble of the controller

Sectus

GremlinInTheMachine said:
Gamers with exquisite taste (Devil May Cry fans): I implore you to write Capcom and ask them to make Trish/Gloria playable if for no other reason than to solve The Mystery of the Doubtful Panties.
In addition to that they should make Lady playable. Not sure what mystery that would solve though... the mystery if that single button on her coat won't fall out?

Oh, and should they make a new PN03 as well.

Papercuts said:
Do Secret Missions scale with difficulty or are they just pre-set to be how they are?

I think they scale with difficulty.

I tried to do the ones i was missing on SoS, and couldn't. Dropped to human, and did them relatively easily.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
burgerdog said:
Cleared it under DMD, I've never even attempted it in 1 and 3 so I'm surprised I actually did it. I tried bloody palace after clearing the game and I'm really impressed with the stages. Especially 81 and up, wow. Anyway, I died on the 86th floor to 3 fucking rollie pollie things and 1 blitz. I was too focused on the blitz and the rollie pollies raped me ;/ Who do you fight on the 100th floor? I read that Dante is in 101, I would assume the people that have fought him there have done so with Nero? Or do you get to fight Dante as well if you use Dante?
I actually just got done clearing Bloody Palace with Dante. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it as Nero since I relied heavily on Trickster on the last 20 floors, especially when fighting multiple Blitz' at the same time and wave after wave (after wave) of knights.

Level 100 is Agnus. 101 is Dante even if you use Dante. Would have been cool if it was Nero though.

Narag

Chamber said:
I actually just got done clearing Bloody Palace with Dante. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it as Nero since I relied heavily on Trickster on the last 20 floors, especially when fighting multiple Blitz' at the same time and wave after wave (after wave) of knights.

Level 100 is Agnus. 101 is Dante even if you use Dante. Would have been cool if it was Nero though.

Awesome. Any tips for using Dante in there? I can kill fast enough with Nero but not Dante :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Narag said:
Awesome. Any tips for using Dante in there? I can kill fast enough with Nero but not Dante :(
Using Pandora in it's Omen form cut down on the numbers pretty quickly. If it doesn't outright kill them, it'll weaken everyone to the point where a combo or two will take them out.

Using Lucifer worked well too. Just filling the air with blades and using Climax or Bondage works wonders.

Narag

Chamber said:
Using Pandora in it's Omen form cut down on the numbers pretty quickly. If it doesn't outright kill them, it'll weaken everyone to the point where a combo or two will take them out.

Using Lucifer worked well too. Just filling the air with blades and using Climax or Bondage works wonders.

Awesome. I'll give it a shot. =)

Dave1988

Bebpo said:
That's not Vergil. The hand is the DB. That's some weird Nero+Vergil fully DT'd form that's not in the game.

Nope. It's the same. Check the Nero DT render on the official site. The spirit looks exactly the same.

cg_nero_dt.jpg

See?

Gowans

god damn it, stage 13, ive left teh game for a week now Im just lost! I cant progress at the cross roads!

GAHH!! any tips

Narag

Gowans007 said:
god damn it, stage 13, ive left teh game for a week now Im just lost! I cant progress at the cross roads!

GAHH!! any tips

Watch the shadows. YOu have to go back the way you came on the 2nd intersection.

EekTheKat

Damn it, DMC games always seem to injure me in some way - I think I developed crippling arthritis from marathon sessions of Bloody Palace :lol

And yet
Credo
still kicks my ass when I get up to him, think I'm going to have to practice a bit more before taking on BP again.

Also using Nero's arm to
catch Credo's spear throw and Sanctus charge move
is the greatest thing ever. Now it kind of makes me wonder what else I missed.

Darkpen

Banned
EekTheKat said:
Damn it, DMC games always seem to injure me in some way - I think I developed crippling arthritis from marathon sessions of Bloody Palace :lol

And yet
Credo
still kicks my ass when I get up to him, think I'm going to have to practice a bit more before taking on BP again.

Also using Nero's arm to
catch Credo's spear throw and Sanctus charge move
is the greatest thing ever. Now it kind of makes me wonder what else I missed.
D: I've only managed to pull off catching Credo once, but haven't tried with
Sanctus
yet. Also, I find Credo fairly easier than Dante. What's the strategy against Dante anyways??

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say I really got bored of this game once I reached the Dante levels. I loved the game up until Nero got captured, but I find myself having to push through the Dante levels. I'm doing about 1 level every day or two, and am at lvl 16 now, but it's just not nearly as fun for me as the Nero missions. I never played much of Devil May Cry 3, so the nostalgia factor is nonexistent for me.

The game went from being really challenging and a lot of fun, to not challenging and really annoying. Dante is so overpowered that he just destroys all enemies, but his stages are full of annoying crap. The backtracking is extremely confusing (certain routes are artificially blocked off) and it feels like you are just wandering aimlessly with no real objective. Some of the enemies are just really annoying to fight (Fausts, Blitz guys, ground-swimming shark-beasts, etc...) with Dante and it just feels like the game was not designed with him in mind at all. I was able to beat the bosses so far with just brute-force because Dante does so much damage. I didn't really need to use any strategy like I had to with Nero. I just got to stage 16 with the poison gas-filled rooms and the swimming sharks and I just turned the game off in disgust.

Hopefully things improve in the last 4 stages, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Does anyone else think the Dante stages suck in comparison to Nero's?

I've got the timing down pretty well for returning
sanctus' sparda dash but I haven't been able to grab Credo's spears yet. I just found out that during the first fight with Sanctus, when he goes into the saviour you can buster the statue's punches.
I really love the different special buster moves in the game.

Also noticed from watching the trailers that you can buster the assaults out of the air into a piledriver when they they do that spinning torpedo attack at you.

Don't know if I'm keen on the insta kill of the knights when you shoot thier energy ball back at them. Just seems a bit lame in those fights when your best option is to do nothing and wait till they launch it because if you knock down one of them they won't do it. Much more fun to get stuck in to them all up close :)

dralla said:
But fighting the knights are actually fun, unlike some of the other enemies

Yeah, thats kind of what I mean though. They're so fun to fight normally that its a shame that your best option is to insta kill them like that.

Darkpen said:
D: I've only managed to pull off catching Credo once, but haven't tried with
Sanctus
yet. Also, I find Credo fairly easier than Dante. What's the strategy against Dante anyways??

The timing in 20 on DH is pretty easy, just hit buster as he starts charging. Well that usually worked for me.

DiddyBop

the devil bringer reverses are so sick.credo is kickin my ass right now on DH but ive got the spear throw timing down perfectly....kinda

Hurrah - finally finished DH, annoyingly mission scores for lvl 3,4,5 and 6 didn't upload as i was playing offline then (they weren't great, so probably a good thing :D ) -
Stupid Agnus on mission 19, made me use a gold orb, as there was no way I was doing that boss rush again, now that mission is an A and not an S, :( did I mention I hate Agnus? Echidna was easy as hell, nearly no-damaged her, I didn't use my sword once in that fight, lvl 3 charged shots and dt buster moves ftw
Sanctus is a douche, I hated him earlier and he's even more annoying in 20, finally found a use for my holy water though - haha, taste holy water and DT buster finisher, stupid not standing still long enough for me to hit him man. Took me 16mins though, which I was surprised to learn is a D, wth is an S on that stupid boss? The Epilogue 2 movie is a cool treat
I appreciated them including the PS3 install movie as an unlock explaining the last 3 games as I never played them and I got the 360 one.
My mission 4 score was abysmal as seen below as I used continues and a gold orb and items and it took me nearly an hour as Bael was really messing with me for some reason, mainly those stupid women of his kept freezing me - Not bad for my first DMC though I don't think

My crappy mission rankings, linked as some people may not want to know how many missions/secret missions there are - I'm guessing theres no way to select a secret mission except find it again in the level?

Top Bottom