• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Narag said:
Is there any way to cancel Kick 13 midattack? I hate being caught in that.

Given DMC's naturally tendency to everything cancelable, it seems they don't want people abusing Kick 13 since it's incredibly powerful, especially the DT version of the attack.

Same thing with buster, it's powerful but once your commit you're open for an attack.

I actually think that's my problem in BP, I'm using buster too much so I'm getting ass-raped from other enemies during so.

Narag

Hmm, Dagon's tongue does seem super weak like the DMD vid indicated. 3/4 RG gauge + DT + release on that point hit him for 25% damage.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i tried switching guns to L1, but it didn't really work for me -- too many things going on with the shoulder buttons, especially with nero. i've got it on 'b' (or circle), which lets me charge up while attacking, jumping, or rolling -- but not while snatching or using style moves. works well enough, i guess

quick question...going through DMD for the first time. i beat berial on my 4th try, but when my score showed up i didn't see the 'enemy handicap' thing. so that handicap after dying 3 times on a boss never happens in DMD?

scissorfight said:
quick question...going through DMD for the first time. i beat berial on my 4th try, but when my score showed up i didn't see the 'enemy handicap' thing. so that handicap after dying 3 times on a boss never happens in DMD?

No.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You have to beat it on each difficulty if you want the achievements, although you could finish DMD first then go through Human as a super character to get rid of two achievements at once.

DMD as Dante vs. Chimera = death.

I hate those pieces of shit. Blitz no problem, Armors I can manage, Frosts I do pretty good, Assualts not bad, but Chimera, go to hell!!

Narag

MiamiWesker said:
DMD as Dante vs. Chimera = death.

I hate those pieces of shit. Blitz no problem, Armors I can manage, Frosts I do pretty good, Assualts not bad, but Chimera, go to hell!!

Charged shotgun shots and Dark Slayer worked well on them for me.

Papercuts said:
You have to beat it on each difficulty if you want the achievements, although you could finish DMD first then go through Human as a super character to get rid of two achievements at once.
That sucks. I'm not that much of an achievement whore to play human. It's just too boring after the intensity of the higher difficulties.

biggkidd32 said:
That sucks. I'm not that much of an achievement whore to play human. It's just too boring after the intensity of the higher difficulties.

When you play on Human, aim for S ranks. It really creates this motivation on an easy mode.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Chamber said:
I can't see how anyone is running out of time in Bloody Palace. I've never even looked at the timer. You'd have to be playing way more defensively than you ever should be.
Is there a special way to de-charge the Blitz then or do you have to just wait?

NameGenerated said:
Is there a special way to de-charge the Blitz then or do you have to just wait?

You don't wait.

You shoot shots and charged shots.

DT shots also work well. But you want to save your DT so that when you use your buster attack on him it does more damge.

Hard to believe ive spent over 40hr playing this. Finally got all S ranks in Human and DH and Iam almost done with SoS. Combat is addictive.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
C- Warrior said:
You don't wait.

You shoot shots and charged shots.

DT shots also work well. But you want to save your DT so that when you use your buster attack on him it does more damge.
Yeah that's what I do but I was just wondering if there was a quicker way to get him un-electricuted.

Narag

MiamiWesker said:
I hate it when a boss gets me with a damn spec of life.

Its aggravating. You can still pull an S rank with a gold orb if you get an S in all or at least 2 (?) categories. I did it just once!

M20 cleared easily. DMD Complete!

"You've got some big demon balls!" :lol

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I wish i could support this game.. but i had to choose between it and LO and I do love those RPGs.

I'll be borrowing it from a friend... hopefully they come out with a remix like they did with 3, I'll buy that.

Narag

Mefisutoferesu said:
Has anyone had any trouble with the 2 bonus DVDs from the CE? No matter what I try to run them on they won't play... <sigh> such a freaking rip.
No problems on either. I wonder what's up with yours.

hteng

Banned
Junpei Heat said:
Holy water is simply amazing in this one.

to make it harder the holy water doesn't instantly kills everything, it just severely damages the enemies (it might kill scarecrows instantly but not the higher level demons ie: frosts, assaults, blitzes).

lupin23rd

So Nero and Blitz.... Charge Shot 3 is what I hear, is there any other way to tackle him?

And for the second blue orb in mission 3 (where you have to leap off the ledge onto the other side you can't see), should I come back in a later mission with dante and trickster or pandora over to get it?

Narag

lupin23rd said:
So Nero and Blitz.... Charge Shot 3 is what I hear, is there any other way to tackle him?

And for the second blue orb in mission 3 (where you have to leap off the ledge onto the other side you can't see), should I come back in a later mission with dante and trickster or pandora over to get it?

Charge Shot 3 is the best I've seen so far, unfortunately.
Its also far easier with Dante later on as you can just use the jump pad on your way back as well as pandora/trickster/etc. Getting it with Nero sucks.

Narag said:
Charge Shot 3 is the best I've seen so far, unfortunately.
Its also far easier with Dante later on as you can just use the jump pad on your way back as well as pandora/trickster/etc. Getting it with Nero sucks.

getting it with nero is pretty fun. Just do streak off the platform to get a boost, then do revolver to get a little height and then just air hike.

Narag

akachan ningen said:
getting it with nero is pretty fun. Just do streak off the platform to get a boost, then do revolver to get a little height and then just air hike.

It took me a dozen tries due to bad angles and the camera in general. :lol

CcrooK said:
Bael...the frog dude (somewhat) with the two lesbians night lights, ja? Is it me or does the music during his fight sport a DDR track mix within it. Can't remember the name. It was the JA version of the 6th mix I believe.

lol, lesbians. well yes, it sounds like the ddr song dropout. but i doubt it. btw i love ddr. play whenever i could.

Darkpen

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
Has anyone had any trouble with the 2 bonus DVDs from the CE? No matter what I try to run them on they won't play... <sigh> such a freaking rip.
both the anime and bonus DVD can be viewed via DVD player, with the bonus DVD being different in that you can access extra content by popping it into your PC for pictures and mp3s, the latter of which was compiled into a zip and uploaded to megaupload a few pages back by me

Darkpen said:
both the anime and bonus DVD can be viewed via DVD player, with the bonus DVD being different in that you can access extra content by popping it into your PC for pictures and mp3s, the latter of which was compiled into a zip and uploaded to megaupload a few pages back by me
Nope, PC, PS, and standalone DVD player will not play them... ain't that nice? Thanks, though, I'll dl that file, much appreciated.

Sidzed2

I just tried DMD mode and I died about 3 times on the first level against Dante (without using items, DUH).

I am terrified. I just managed to kill Berial as well, after using an item.

No other game makes me feel as inadequate as Devil May Cry :)

Darkpen

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
Nope, PC, PS, and standalone DVD player will not play them... ain't that nice? Thanks, though, I'll dl that file, much appreciated.
maybe something is wrong with the DVDs themselves? Try boiling the discs, like people used to for those Xbox magazine demo discs.

Sidzed2

Darkpen said:
maybe something is wrong with the DVDs themselves? Try boiling the discs, like people used to for those Xbox magazine demo discs.

This thread just got all Iron Chef.

Fuku-San: "Chairman Kaga has just announced that today's special ingredient is "DVD". Let's find out what Iron Chef Chen Kenichi has to say!"

ON TOPIC: Did anyone else find it bloody fantastic that Nelo Angelo's "floating spiked blades which surround you" attack was now possessed by Angelo Credo?

A really cool and subtle way of cluing in longtime DMC fans as to the true state of affairs story-wise.

Darkpen said:
Pretty much, that's why I was asking to see if anyone else was having trouble. Boiling? Buh? I've never heard of this... googles... whut? Seriously? How the heck does that work?

Darkpen

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
Pretty much, that's why I was asking to see if anyone else was having trouble. Boiling? Buh? I've never heard of this... googles... whut? Seriously? How the heck does that work?
in the case of the mag demos, it had something to do with moisture condensation and how that affected the DVD. Dunno if it'll help your situation, but its worth a shot. Google how to do it though.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
96th floor.

96th fucking floor and a pair of giant bladed chickens got me.

2 hours.

Goddamnit. =|

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
bloody palace fuckin rules -- i never really gave it a chance in dmc3se, but here i think i like it better than the actual game. you have no idea how nasty some of those enemies can be until you see them in the weird combinations bloody palace throws at you. and i love the 'one credit' arcade feeling of it, though i wish individual runs didn't take so long. i just got to level 37, and was doing pretty well on health, but got absolutely FUCKED by a blitz -- a couple mistakes is enough with those guys

i managed to adapt to guns on L1, btw, and it actually helps a lot, but using L1 and L2 simultaneously is NOT comfortable on a 360 pad. i'm kind of wishing i went with the ps3 version. i don't even notice the graphics anymore. i do notice that my hands are falling off

Well after the jungle stages which actually didn't turn out all that bad, I am having a blast as Dante in DMD mode. What is all this talk that playing as Dante is a pain in this mode, I think he is easier to use than Nero. I just S ranked mission 15 and 16 on my first try no items at all. The bosses still crumble at the feet of Dante. :D

Narag

drohne said:
bloody palace fuckin rules -- i never really gave it a chance in dmc3se, but here i think i like it better than the actual game. you have no idea how nasty some of those enemies can be until you see them in the weird combinations bloody palace throws at you. and i love the 'one credit' arcade feeling of it, though i wish individual runs didn't take so long. i just got to level 37, and was doing pretty well on health, but got absolutely FUCKED by a blitz -- a couple mistakes is enough with those guys

i managed to adapt to guns on L1, btw, and it actually helps a lot, but using L1 and L2 simultaneously is NOT comfortable on a 360 pad. i'm kind of wishing i went with the ps3 version. i don't even notice the graphics anymore. i do notice that my hands are falling off

I still recommend R1 as the gun button if your style with Nero revolves around the charged shots. L1 sounds so awful given the analog placement on the 360 controller.

Top Bottom