• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

pulga said:
So, what's the speculation behind Nero
having Sparda's blood? Long lost half brother to Dante and Vergil, or Vergil's son?

My idea is perhaps Nero was attacked by a weakened Vergil. Vergil could have come through one of the demon portals. During the fight, Yamato shatters and a shard pierced Nero's arm thus transforming it.

Works for me. When things don't make sense, I make it make sense. After all, the story does say he was out for a walk when demons showed up and he got injured. "from that day forward it said 'give me more.... power'".

Plus, my idea explains how the order obtained Yamato and fragments of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco and Alto Angelos.

Aurora

psycho_snake said:
Can anyone give some advice on how to do the revving properly? I'm taking too long to do it, so before I rev the sword up enough, I get hit by an enemy. The only way I can do it is if I rev up my sword before I go into a battle, but as soon as I use it I cant charge it up again because I take too long.
You should almost never rev your sword during combat. The trick is to purschase Max ACT which, given precise timing, will fully charge the Red Queen upon strike. You should just practice Instant Revving (IR) which is hitting LT at the point of impact of a sword slash. Then try and practice it on enemies as the timing is slightly different. With Max ACT you'll occasionally get fully charged IRs which you can use to bulldoze through enemies.

The only time you should manually rev up the sword is before a battle, as you said, and when you're certain you have the time to do so. In other words when you've just comboed an enemy and you know you have a few seconds to spare while the enemy recovers back up.

Before DMC4 came out I picked up the 5th Anniversary Collection with the intention of playing through the entire series before I picked up my copy of 4. In the end I only made it through the first game, I had intended on playing through Devil May Cry 2 and 3SE before 4 came out but didn't have the time.

Now that I've got DMC4 beaten I'm set on playing through DMC2 (at least once) and DMC3SE. Even though I'm only on the 4th mission in DMC2 I think I know why everyone dislikes the game, what did they do to the combo system? It's nice having Stinger and Air Hike as default moves, running on walls and being able to roll dodge is cool but where the combo's at? The instruction manual says that R1 can be used as a modifier of sorts but I haven't noticed a distinct change, even with the first sword upgrade.

Kweh

When fighting
Saviour, whats the tactic to shoot at the weak points in his knees? I can't seem to jump down that low.

Danielsan

Kweh said:
When fighting
Saviour, whats the tactic to shoot at the weak points in his knees? I can't seem to jump down that low.
Use the cannons to knock his ass out, then you can get to most of his weakpoints.

Darkpen

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
My idea is perhaps Nero was attacked by a weakened Vergil. Vergil could have come through one of the demon portals. During the fight, Yamato shatters and a shard pierced Nero's arm thus transforming it.

Works for me. When things don't make sense, I make it make sense. After all, the story does say he was out for a walk when demons showed up and he got injured. "from that day forward it said 'give me more.... power'".

Plus, my idea explains how the order obtained Yamato and fragments of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco and Alto Angelos.
if you keep thinking that, you're going to be SOOOO disappointed when the official stuff comes out.

Reminds me of when my friend was so amazingly disappointed near the end of Kingdom Hearts II when
its revealed that the cloaked dude was Ansem, who actually was Riku
, which totally went against EVERYTHING he'd been thinking up to that point in his own little convoluted head. When he told me about this, I was like "why the fuck did you even do that, you only have yourself to blame. For me, I totally got to enjoy the scene because I didn't think too much about it."

Darkpen

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Before DMC4 came out I picked up the 5th Anniversary Collection with the intention of playing through the entire series before I picked up my copy of 4. In the end I only made it through the first game, I had intended on playing through Devil May Cry 2 and 3SE before 4 came out but didn't have the time.

Now that I've got DMC4 beaten I'm set on playing through DMC2 (at least once) and DMC3SE. Even though I'm only on the 4th mission in DMC2 I think I know why everyone dislikes the game, what did they do to the combo system? It's nice having Stinger and Air Hike as default moves, running on walls and being able to roll dodge is cool but where the combo's at? The instruction manual says that R1 can be used as a modifier of sorts but I haven't noticed a distinct change, even with the first sword upgrade.
you use projectiles the entire game. Swords are a non-factor.

Darkpen said:
if you keep thinking that, you're going to be SOOOO disappointed when the official stuff comes out.

Reminds me of when my friend was so amazingly disappointed near the end of Kingdom Hearts II when
its revealed that the cloaked dude was Ansem, who actually was Riku
, which totally went against EVERYTHING he'd been thinking up to that point in his own little convoluted head. When he told me about this, I was like "why the fuck did you even do that, you only have yourself to blame. For me, I totally got to enjoy the scene because I didn't think too much about it."

Haha. I know. I'm not thinking it's legit, it just helps me swallow the story a bit better.... for now.

Kweh

Danielsan said:
Use the cannons to knock his ass out, then you can get to most of his weakpoints.
Cheers for some reason all those
cannons were doing was letting me get to his weak points on his arms and head, guess it's random.
Anyway beat him now!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I figured out why Bloody palace is hard...its exhausting:lol Wow...first real attempt and spent about an hour and a half to get up to level 85?Two Blitzs. It was just tiring. Is there a way to save half way through or something? Its not really that hard, the bosses and such...but by the time I got to Credo...I was just tired:lol

Imm0rt4l

MoonsaultSlayer said:

But yamato was shattered in the end of DMC3, wasn't it?

tha_con

Banned
So uhh, in the Grand hall of the Fortuna Castle, 2nd floor, there's SOMETHING hidden, but I can't fucking reach it. Anyone know how to get to it? I sure as shit can't figure it out.

DihcarEM

So, what's the speculation behind Nero
having Sparda's blood? Long lost half brother to Dante and Vergil, or Vergil's son?

Nobody really knows, it's something that Capcom will start to unveil in future games.
What is a fact is that Nero does have Sparda's blood and he also wasn't manufactured by the order, a clone or something. Because Agnus, their lead scientist knew nothing about Nero's demonic power. Dante and Trish also know more then what's going on, they share a knowing look when Sanctus says he was lucky that he found another blood-relation of Sparda.
As said in the history of Dmc, Vergil is dead, his power somehow did survive. And the last secret artwork suggests that Nero in the future will be able to fully transform dt.
I personaly think he's Vergil's son, i mean looking at DMC3, i had trouble finding a reason why Vergil chose then to turn his back from their fathers path, he was hellbent on achieving more power quickly, and one of the reasons he states to Dante is that "without power you can't protect anyone", this perhaps suggest he had a loved one to protect, yeah, i know it's a stretch but it would explain why Nero showed no superpowers before having the arm, since he would be only 1/4 demon, his powers would be more dormant.
And i think the order was in someway responsible for Nero getting that arm, when they found the immensely powerful but broken devil-arm Yamato, it searched for a compatible blood-relative to latch on too and found Nero. When he and Kyrie were under attack, maybe trough the injury he had substained to his shoulder it entered him.

Also to the person that said that Dante looks asian, i disagree. Dante has absolutely no asian features. You mentioned the eyes, what i did notice in Dmc4 is that Dante for some reason squints alot, sorta like Dirty Harry but that's on purpose, to appear more threatning. Cloud in Advent Childeren, now he's definitely manga-asian modeled, especially the eyes.
Nero also doesn't look asian, but he does have that anime-look going on.

Darkpen

Banned
New Leaderboard scores!:

<[Leaderboards: Top 3]>

(Note: some names listed are fellow GAF members who have not signed up for the leaderboard, but I have on my friends list regardless)

All names are listed by their GAF name for easier association.
All "honorable mentions" are recorded and overwritten based on double-to-single digit rankings, and from bigger to smaller. Also, only one entry per difficulty per player.

Human Total (02/24/08):
00426 - hteng - 1174436
01299 - KGKK - 992161
02688 - Defuser - 897158

Human M01 (02/24/08):
01320 - hteng - 8787
04903 - tsef - 7428
05847 - Matrix - 7289

Human M20 (02/24/08):
01610 - Danne-Danger - 31243
07034 - hteng - 23192
11626 - KGKK - 20680

Human - Honorable Mentions:
00029 - hteng - M09 - 83982 (02/14/08)

Devil Hunter Total (02/24/08):
00370 - Lince - 1472030
00493 - Danne-Danger - 1431870
00826 - MiamiWesker - 1359290

Devil Hunter M01 (02/24/08):
02087 - Remy - 10669
05449 - Lince - 9196
06758 - MiamiWesker - 8886

Devil Hunter M20 (02/24/08):
00134 - hteng - 76913
00388 - MiamiWesker - 63773
00896 - Lince - 41946

Devil Hunter - Honorable Mentions:
00056 - Lince - M07 - 90755 (02/24/08)
00067 - Danne-Danger - M07 - 89007 (02/24/08)
00071 - MiamiWesker - M14 - 54256 (02/14/08)
00031 - hteng - M10 - 108586 (02/14/08)

Son of Sparda Total (02/24/08):
00077 - Vagrant - 3267764
00497 - MiamiWesker - 2703321
00513 - hteng - 2684571

Son of Sparda M01 (02/24/08):
00260 - Vagrant - 14292
00757 - EekTheKat - 13157
00873 - Danne-Danger - 13011

Son of Sparda M20 (02/24/08):
00119 - hteng - 139101
00325 - Vagrant - 82627
00575 - MiamiWesker - 74213

Son of Sparda - Honorable Mentions:
00046 - Lince - M12 - 130934 (02/24/08)
00095 - MiamiWesker - M14 - 113165 (02/24/08)
00001 - Vagrant - M10 - 228232 (02/14/08)
00037 - Danne-Danger - M12 - 123964 (02/14/08)
00065 - hteng - M04 - 198576 (02/14/08)

Dante Must Die Total (02/24/08)
00032 - Vagrant - 6481964
00420 - MiamiWesker - 3274347
00988 - hteng - 2212557

Dante Must Die M01 (02/24/08)
00323 - Vagrant - 22686
01582 - hteng - 17705
01752 - MiamiWesker - 17273

Dante Must Die M20 (02/24/08)
00035 - hteng - 288325
00598 - Vagrant - 121337
00688 - MiamiWesker - 98555

Dante Must Die - Honorable Mentions:
00004 - Vagrant - M13 - 293995 (02/24/08)

Blood Palace Ranking (02/24/08):
00092 - hteng - 4279892
00131 - EekTheKat - 4094648
00398 - Vagrant - 3238068
01019 - MiamiWesker - 806676
01062 - Lince - 793298
04030 - Defuser - 218455
04330 - Danne-Danger - 191874
06360 - ~Devil Trigger~ - 152299
07968 - KGKK - 123356
10972 - NameGenerated - 115891
12493 - sagat2036 - 114181
13168 - Dibbz - 113416
13446 - CrushDance - 113096

Just for the record, I have a BP score of 116840, yet I'm not ranked in world scores, yet I am in U.S.A??? :(

Bloody Palace - Countries: Top 3 (02/24/08):
00260 - Canada - KGKK - 123356
00459 - Canada - CrushDance - 113096
00065 - Ireland - Ninja Kn1ght - 87653
08998 - Japan - Kyoufu - 94668
00001 - Singapore - hteng - 4279892
00019 - Singapore - Defuser - 218455
00013 - Spain - Lince - 793298
00023 - Sweden - Danne-Danger - 191874
00564 - U.K. - Dibbz - 113416
00731 - U.K. - Yasser - 110226
00017 - U.S.A. - EekTheKat - 4094648
00048 - U.S.A. - Vagrant - 3238068
00132 - U.S.A. - MiamiWesker - 806676
00043 - Poland - GrayFoxPL - 84480

There isn't enough space for me to constantly add new people who add their name to the PSN leaderboard list. If you feel that your rank should be seen by all in any of these categories (most notably, people that have been added to the PSN list most recently), please send a PM my way. I'll delete someone who clearly isn't planning on trying to play competitively, and we can exchange friend requests. It is preferred, however, if you also send a picture of your leaderboard score.

If you have any inquiries, please send a PM to me.

Keep at it guys, and don't slack so much on your Human score!

Jackpot!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hehe, I would be snugged into a nice 4th spot on that Bloody palace list ^_^...I'm pleased by that.:lol *Ahead of Vade currently:lol *

Kittonwy

Banned
Narag said:
To keep it in the family so to speak, Vergil3 was an excellent example of a last boss.

Punishing if you made mistakes, fast as hell, and I still remember the reaction in the thread I was reading at the time which mirrored my own:

"... did he just DT? .... HIS LIFE BAR IS FILLING BACK UP!" :lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNy2Y6cm-a8&feature=related I adore how fast the tide of battle can change in this and 3.

The good thing about Vergil 3 was how clean all his attacks were, they were easily identifiable, punishing but dodgeable, and never muddy.

Darkpen

Banned
DihcarEM said:
Also to the person that said that Dante looks asian, i disagree. Dante has absolutely no asian features. You mentioned the eyes, what i did notice in Dmc4 is that Dante for some reason squints alot, sorta like Dirty Harry but that's on purpose, to appear more threatning. Cloud in Advent Childeren, now he's definitely manga-asian modeled, especially the eyes.
Nero also doesn't look asian, but he does have that anime-look going on.
Nero definitely has an anime look going on, but Dante still irks me. I can't place it, but its something.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Darkpen said:
Nero definitely has an anime look going on, but Dante still irks me. I can't place it, but its something.
Bad*** is what it is:lol Overall my favorite version yet. DMC2 gave Dante a really bad*** look. But the personality felt off, DMC3 made him look like some reject Jpop boy band member. And 1 was solid...this one though. Personality and look are great ^_^

Goddamn I hate
Agnus so fucking much. I finally S,S,S a mission, SOS mission 9, I manage to SSS the angels at the beginning and I SSS the Blitz, but then I had to use a gold orb on stupid fricking Agnus and his stupid bullshit attacks, yeah, please do use a bullshit move that sucks all my health away when I'm too far away to hit you quickly enough to counter it, douche

Also is there some trick to bustering
Echinda when she's in the ground?
Everytime I tried it just rebounded off, yet in the youtube (which isn't loading for me now, so I can't check it again) video, the guy seems to do it easy, what the hell am I missing?

Narag

Kittonwy said:
The good thing about Vergil 3 was how clean all his attacks were, they were easily identifiable, punishing but dodgeable, and never muddy.

Very much agreed.
DMC4 stuff seems to rely on a lot of obsfucation, especially the blitzes which are pretty tame once you get them down.

Darkflight said:
Goddamn I hate
Agnus so fucking much. I finally S,S,S a mission, SOS mission 9, I manage to SSS the angels at the beginning and I SSS the Blitz, but then I had to use a gold orb on stupid fricking Agnus and his stupid bullshit attacks, yeah, please do use a bullshit move that sucks all my health away when I'm too far away to hit you quickly enough to counter it, douche

Also is there some trick to bustering
Echinda when she's in the ground?
Everytime I tried it just rebounded off, yet in the youtube (which isn't loading for me now, so I can't check it again) video, the guy seems to do it easy, what the hell am I missing?

There should be plenty of time to get to him when he does the center of the room health drain. He'll move there before saying anything and that's the clue to just rush him.

For Echidna, bustering her on the ground is just inducing a stun scenario like with all the other bosses.

DihcarEM

shintoki said:
Bad*** is what it is:lol Overall my favorite version yet. DMC2 gave Dante a really bad*** look. But the personality felt off, DMC3 made him look like some reject Jpop boy band member. And 1 was solid...this one though. Personality and look are great ^_^

Agreed, i actually did like Dante's Dmc2 personality, if you know you're that good then there's no need to showboat or talk trash anymore and he had aged a lot i think, it would bug me that even after 50 or 100y Dante would still be the same guy he was in DMC1.
I think it would have come over a lot better if they had made it a more natural progession of Dante's character(like they are doing now.). Instead of directly doing it after DMC1.

But even so, you're right, DMC4 Dante is total badass, i can't wait to see what they do with him in DMC5.

prodystopian said:
Interview with Kobayashi:

http://www.crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Interviews/Interview31.aspx

Two quotes

Umm, so you beat the game once? And it's Vergil!

Huh?

Man, one of the worst interview(er) i've read/seen in a while.
What the hell is he bitching about Dante not being likeable, he seems to take offense to everything that Dante does. Oh yeah, saving the world several times and many people in between, damm what an a&$hole. I mean i would understand these complaints about Kratos, he's a character that is created that way, but Dante is a hero,champion.

His example of one of the only characters he found likeable was Lady in DMC3,wtf? Before she even knew that Dante was a demon, she shot him in the head for not letting her go.
Then he start questioning if DMC is Japan's way of making fun of them, here's a tip genius, the world doesn't revolve around you. Stop taking shit so personaly.
The only thing i agreed on was that DMC shouldn't appear on the Wii.

Don't know about the secrets that are being said to be in the game, perhaps it's a mistranslation.

I agree about the interviewer being an idiot. That's why I included that bit about "Virgil." I don't know if he was just pretending to be knowledgeable or if he really is just an idiot. I liked Kobayashi's responses, though.

LordK

Do heaven and hell kills count towards the achievements for killing so many enemies?

Also, where is everyones' favorite spots to farm for red orbs? I'm farming on the first part of the forest level with Nero.

chriskun

I'm playing through on SOS now, and one thing that irks me is the enemy handicap that takes effect if you continue a few times. I want to be able to beat the bosses knowing they are at full power. I guess I could just restart the mission, but having the continue option is just too tempting.

Oneself

So I just finished it in human mode.. As expected, it was easy, but that's a good thing, it was getting boring at the end. I won't do it again at a higher difficulty that's for sure.
IMO the original DMC is still, easily, the best in the series. DMC4 feels rushed. But don't throw rocks at me, I'm a big DMC fan but I guess I was expecting a little too much.
TWO fucking board games, fighting the same bosses THREE times, and going through every single part of the game at least twice (once with Nero and again with Dante) is just lame. The platforming mechanics are horrible (thanks to the shitty, PSone/early PS2 era camera) and pushing that shit around the castle and the jungle was not my definition of fun.
Dante as bad ass as ever, Nero is really cool too.. but the super-fun, deep and extremely well done combat mechanics won't save the game from being a disappointment to me.

Oneself said:
So I just finished it in human mode.. As expected, it was easy, but that's a good thing, it was getting boring at the end. I won't do it again at a higher difficulty that's for sure.
IMO the original DMC is still, easily, the best in the series. DMC4 feels rushed. But don't throw rocks at me, I'm a big DMC fan but I guess I was expecting a little too much.
TWO fucking board games, fighting the same bosses THREE times, and going through every single part of the game at least twice (once with Nero and again with Dante) is just lame. The platforming mechanics are horrible (thanks to the shitty, PSone/early PS2 era camera) and pushing that shit around the castle and the jungle was not my definition of fun.
Dante as bad ass as ever, Nero is really cool too.. but the super-fun, deep and extremely well done combat mechanics won't save the game from being a disappointment to me.

Sorry man, but you honestly can't say any when playing through on human. It's retardedly easy and makes the game horrible.

Anyone have any Blitz strategies for Dante? Is the royal guard one hard to learn? I haven't really tried it, but on SoS (and I'm sure it'll be worse on DMD) my charged shotgun and kick13 combo isn't doing it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I use Real Impact while DTed three times, after the first one wait until he gets back up on his feet before doing it again so the whole attack hits. If you do it right he'll just die before going red and insane and you'll get an SSS rank. To get rid of the shield I just use shotgun blasts, nothing else seems to work as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
prodystopian said:
Anyone have any Blitz strategies for Dante? Is the royal guard one hard to learn? I haven't really tried it, but on SoS (and I'm sure it'll be worse on DMD) my charged shotgun and kick13 combo isn't doing it.
The Royal Guard trick on blitz's is very easy. But they aren't too tough really anyways. Just keep the shotgun charged and moving around. Eventually they ware down.

another odd question...So how do you get the SSS rank all the time on killing blitz's? Have to kill them before they berserk or something? What is the best way on doing so? I seem to be able get it with Nero all the time...but Dante Im slow with

Aurora

chaoticprout said:
Sorry man, but you honestly can't say any when playing through on human. It's retardedly easy and makes the game horrible.
Agreed. I somewhat had similar negative feelings about the game after beating it on Human, but after Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda and Bloody Palace I've taken it all back. Brilliant game.

Sidzed2

Wow, Credo on DMD was actually really reasonable. Took a few tries, but definitely not that hard at all.

I must say though, that Bael and Echidna and Agnus 2 raped me on DMD over and over again, especially Echidna...

I can tell that by the time I get to the end of the game, I will be screaming blue murder, but I must say this is one of the only games in which one of the hardest modes is still very fun.

I am super-frightened about the Boss of Mission 18 (Saviour) on DMD - does anyone have any tips to prepare me? I see myself getting hit three times and GAME OVER. *Gulp*

Papercuts

shintoki said:
The Royal Guard trick on blitz's is very easy. But they aren't too tough really anyways. Just keep the shotgun charged and moving around. Eventually they ware down.

another odd question...So how do you get the SSS rank all the time on killing blitz's? Have to kill them before they berserk or something? What is the best way on doing so? I seem to be able get it with Nero all the time...but Dante Im slow with

I think if he dies while trying to make the red shield your style just shoots up, on Heaven and Hell it's the only time I've ever broken an S in that mode for style.

Dave1988

Papercuts said:
I use Real Impact while DTed three times, after the first one wait until he gets back up on his feet before doing it again so the whole attack hits. If you do it right he'll just die before going red and insane and you'll get an SSS rank. To get rid of the shield I just use shotgun blasts, nothing else seems to work as well.

Pandora's 666 Omen move is quite good to use at the start of the battle. If you manage to execute it, it drops Blitz's shield instantly. You also can try a fully charged Drive to get its shield down.

After that it's Distorted Real Impact and hoping for the best.

Papercuts

Dave1988 said:
Pandora's 666 Omen move is quite good to use at the start of the battle. If you manage to execute it, it drops Blitz's shield instantly. You also can try a fully charged Drive to get its shield down.

After that it's Distorted Real Impact and hoping for the best.

Wow, really? I use Omen on Mephistos and Fausts because it instantly de-cloaks them too, never thought of it on a Blitz.

Oneself

chaoticprout said:

Give me a break; bloody palace won't change the shitty puzzles, won't cut the backtracking, won't change the camera placement in the platforming sections.. it won't change anything I complained about.

And I play most of my games at an easier difficulty first to take on the hard mode on my second play through. But there won't be a second play through. The game is fun, just like DMC was fun, but there are flaws.. and I expected there wouldn't be as much after spending like 2 or 3 years making this game...

Dave1988

Papercuts said:
Wow, really? I use Omen on Mephistos and Fausts because it instantly de-cloaks them too, never thought of it on a Blitz.

I prefer to use Shotgun's Fireworks on Mephistos/ Fausts. It's safer than 666 Omen IMO.
It's best to use 666 Omen when Blitz is gazing into the sky at the start of the battle.

Papercuts

Is there enough time to kill it afterwards without it regaining the shield? Omen just has that really slow put away before you can attack again, and I don't think it's possible to cancel out of.

Dave1988

Papercuts said:
Is there enough time to kill it afterwards without it regaining the shield? Omen just has that really slow put away before you can attack again, and I don't think it's possible to cancel out of.

In most cases Blitz after being hit by 666 Omen just jumps around so there's plenty of time to recover from the animation.

Papercuts

Dave1988 said:
In most cases Blitz after being hit by 666 Omen just jumps around so there's plenty of time to recover from the animation.

I'll have to try that then, thanks. Although they were much more of a threat before, it's still useful to dispose of them quickly. Now I just hate the chimeras. :lol

Dave1988

Papercuts said:
I'll have to try that then, thanks. Although they were much more of a threat before, it's still useful to dispose of them quickly. Now I just hate the chimeras. :lol

I hate that those fucks jump around all the time. It's really hard to land a DRI on Blitz sometimes :/

The Scarecrow Chimera's are managable, it's those Assult Chimeras that are driving me insane.

Zzoram

andrewfee said:
So, I'm late to the topic, as I was banned for a month (for this post if you're wondering) but now they're both out, have we had a proper PS3/360 comparison based on the final product rather than the demo? The topic was only up to about 40 pages and is now up to 163, so there's not much chance of me finding one if it's been done.

I ended up buying the PS3 version, have finished it and enjoyed the game, but there's quite a few technical problems and I was wondering if they were in the 360 version or not.

I get some really bad slowdown in places, with it seemingly going into single digits in some spots - there's a section in Mission 8 (if I remember correctly) that always slows to a crawl.

There's also an LCD-like motion blur in many places, and doesn't seem to be an option for uncompressed sound, which is what I bought the PS3 version for in the first place. Load times aren't that quick either, despite the lengthy HDD install. (I thought they were supposed to only be a second or two?)

How does the 360 version compare? I know it had tearing and was missing effects in the demo, but have they made it into the final game? Does it have any other problems?

I think I've been able to spot 1 instance of tearing in about 22 hours of play. As for slowdown, I've noticed 2 instances of slowdown in the forest level (probably mission 8 like you experienced), but I hate those levels and avoid replaying them so maybe it is all the time, I don't know. There isn't any obvious motion blur, and I don't know about the audio because I only use stereo sound.

Top Bottom