• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Aurora

^ Is that the shit where you stand on the roof in the middle and wait for Dante to jump up then snatch and Buster him?

Otherwise please inform :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aurora said:
^ Is that the shit where you stand on the roof in the middle and wait for Dante to jump up then snatch and Buster him?

Otherwise please inform :)
That's the one... except for the snatch part. I just Buster him when he jumps up, there's a delay on Dante when he jumps (and doesn't use Helm Breaker).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, you can also shoot at him when you're close so when he shoots back to block it he's open for a buster, but that's a little bit risky because he tends to stinger that a lot.

Narag

Seiken said:
That's the one... except for the snatch part. I just Buster him when he jumps up, there's a delay on Dante when he jumps (and doesn't use Helm Breaker).

Snatching then using a charged shot works well but is only ideal if you start with a level 3. The secondary explosion keeps him down long enough to fully recharge and it hits for roughly 10% of his life each time on Hell or Hell.

beat DMD mode, then got to level 89 on my 2nd try on bloody palace.

i'm sure i could beat hell and hell mode but i think i'm done with this game. bring on NG2.

Is there any way to beat Sanctus (mission 20) without using the buster on the sparda sword trick? I couldn't seem to find any time that he was vulnerable once I got him down to <1/4 health.

Also, any videos on how to do 18 well? I kind of fumble around and finally get him knocked down, but it always takes me too long.

Narag

prodystopian said:
Is there any way to beat Sanctus (mission 20) without using the buster on the sparda sword trick? I couldn't seem to find any time that he was vulnerable once I got him down to <1/4 health.

Also, any videos on how to do 18 well? I kind of fumble around and finally get him knocked down, but it always takes me too long.

You can just keep dodging, he'll telegraph his last hit. Try to set it up so he lands right behind you against and edge then rush him, DT and just attack. It should be enough to knock him down before he regenerates his shield and you can finish him off.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I finished the last few missions I needed for S ranks on Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda, Not I'm...rocking through Human:lol I also beat mission one on DMD. Looks like fun actually...I died my first try:lol

andrewfee said:
I guess this is the downside to multiplatform development though, having both versions released with problems rather than one game which is polished to perfection. It's good to know that it's not just the PS3 version with this slowdown though. (well, not good, but at least I don't feel that I made a mistake)

Hey Andrew, sorry buddy but you made a mistake with the PS3 version. The 360 version is the better console port of the 2. A lot less slowdown and sharper graphics. I do pop in every thread to get my say because there is just so much misinformation out there regarding DMC4. Pretty much all the mainstream media will say the PS3 has the edge visually or that they are equal. But they are sadly mistaken.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
memecomplex said:
Hey Andrew, sorry buddy but you made a mistake with the PS3 version. The 360 version is the better console port of the 2. A lot less slowdown and sharper graphics. I do pop in every thread to get my say because there is just so much misinformation out there regarding DMC4. Pretty much all the mainstream media will say the PS3 has the edge visually or that they are equal. But they are sadly mistaken.

lol...

zombi

It was funny, playing as Dante I wanted to be Nero. Now that I have Nero again I keep wishing he was Dante. Game is awesome. Level 19 is ridiculously stupid.

memecomplex said:
*Smacks forehead*

zombi said:
It was funny, playing as Dante I wanted to be Nero. Now that I have Nero again I keep wishing he was Dante. Game is awesome. Level 19 is ridiculously stupid.

I agree with everything you typed.

When I first switched to Dante I was pissed off because I didnt have my arm anymore and all the combos I had worked out were gone. Then I got so used to Dante that going back to Nero felt like a kick in the balls.

and Level 19 was awful.

Narag

If you guys are referring to the dice game, it takes a minimum of one roll per board to get to the boss. Then again you guys might just not like boss gauntlets. :(

Narag said:
If you guys are referring to the dice game, it takes a minimum of one roll per board to get to the boss. Then again you guys might just not like boss gauntlets. :(

The reason I hated it so much personally was because I kept thinking that Capcom was a genius for finally realizing how to do boss re-fights in a good way, by having you fight them as Dante the second time. Then what do they do? have some shitty dice game (which is easy when you figure out the trick) and make you fight the bosses for a 3rd time as Nero again.

Narag

Linkzg said:
The reason I hated it so much personally was because I kept thinking that Capcom was a genius for finally realizing how to do boss re-fights in a good way, by having you fight them as Dante the second time. Then what do they do? have some shitty dice game (which is easy when you figure out the trick) and make you fight the bosses for a 3rd time as Nero again.
Understandable!

Darkpen

Banned
memecomplex said:

troll, troll, go away, come again another day.

KillJade

Banned
I know this has prolly been asked a million times but you know the song that plays in the running demo(not the opening cutscene)? Who sings it and what's the song title? kthxbye:D

memecomplex said:
Jesus christ.

Look, the fact is that most people reported that the PS3 had a slight edge over the 360 visually and that it was really hard to tell a difference, and clearly most people are satisfied no matter which platform they get it on. So even if it's true what you're saying about the 360 version (that it's superior) you’re either A: Bullshitting or B: Over exaggerating the hell out of it.

Both versions are perfectly fine.

Narag

KillJade said:
I know this has prolly been asked a million times but you know the song that plays in the running demo(not the opening cutscene)? Who sings it and what's the song title? kthxbye:D

Jason Arnold - Shall Never Surrender

I'm on the 4th mission on Devil Hunter and its not too hard. How do you think I'll do on DMD if I've beat DMC1 on Normal, DMC2 on DMD (Don't ask >_>) and played some of DMC3 and I've beat Ninja Gaiden at Ultra Hard.

Dahbomb

darkpaladinmfc said:
I'm on the 4th mission on Devil Hunter and its not too hard. How do you think I'll do on DMD if I've beat DMC1 on Normal, DMC2 on DMD (Don't ask >_>) and played some of DMC3 and I've beat Ninja Gaiden at Ultra Hard.
You are good to go for DMD.

Narag

darkpaladinmfc said:

If you can manage to maintain the charged shot with Nero while meleeing in DMD, you'll do fine.

darkpaladinmfc said:
See how you do in SoS first and how well you can handle the bosses, the difficulty lies in the bosses, and the Blitzes.

For a bit of perspective, this is the first DMC I've played through multiple times (got to the gauntlet on normal in DMC3 vanilla, and finished DMC1 before that) and I'm not having to much trouble with DMD.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are there any decent strategies for Cutlasses with Dante? I can get through the three that show up but being DMD and all I'd rather not take as much damage as I am.

Narag

Papercuts said:
Are there any decent strategies for Cutlasses with Dante? I can get through the three that show up but being DMD and all I'd rather not take as much damage as I am.

Charged E&I while the fin is out stuns it momentarily. You can just streak it to death which has the benefit of separating it from the other two. I'm sure there's a better way but I hate those fuckers.

Dahbomb

Narag said:
Charged E&I while the fin is out stuns it momentarily. You can just streak it to death which has the benefit of separating it from the other two. I'm sure there's a better way but I hate those fuckers.
Dante doesn't have Streak lol... you mean Stinger.

E&I slows down their movements but I recommend charging up those Drives as well when they surface. Omen of PB works well against them as well but overall they can be pretty damn annoying.

Narag

Dahbomb said:
Dante doesn't have Streak lol... you mean Stinger.

E&I slows down their movements but I recommend charging up those Drives as well when they surface. Omen of PB works well against them as well but overall they can be pretty damn annoying.

I knew it was wrong when going with it but couldn't remember the right name so just left it in there anyhow. :lol

I just wanted to pop in and say the library feature is incredible.

You select a character, and you see what seems to be amazing anime concept art - wait a few seconds, and all of a sudden it comes alive in full 3D with exquisite animation. Truly amazing stuff, and a damn nice feature to show off the incredible art that this game showcases.

Just thought I'd share :p

Narag

Finally!

finally.jpg

Yasser

memecomplex said:
Pretty much all the mainstream media will say the PS3 has the edge visually or that they are equal. But they are sadly mistaken.
dunno about you guys but i know who i'm going to for the final word on multiplatform games in the future! screw all the media!

Narag

Shadow Moses said:
How long did that take you? I can't even be arsed to play another difficulty after completing devil hunter.

110 hours which isn't representative of how long it should take. I spent way too much time going after leaderboard ranks and ignoring those as a result.

30-40 is more realistic.

GrayFoxPL

Narag said:
You can just keep dodging, he'll telegraph his last hit. Try to set it up so he lands right behind you against and edge then rush him, DT and just attack. It should be enough to knock him down before he regenerates his shield and you can finish him off.

I do that to beat him. There's buster trick on sanctus charge attack?? o_O

I don't watch trick videos as want to uncover things myself, but...Damn!

Oh btw. I remeber in the old trailer Nero buster throws sword at Credo. Can you catch his sword when he throws it? I always table hop that attack to build Devil.

I'm weak, I need these tips. :D

Danne-Danger said:
Jesus christ.

Look, the fact is that most people reported that the PS3 had a slight edge over the 360 visually and that it was really hard to tell a difference, and clearly most people are satisfied no matter which platform they get it on. So even if it's true what you're saying about the 360 version (that it's superior) you’re either A: Bullshitting or B: Over exaggerating the hell out of it.

Both versions are perfectly fine.

Hey buddy you don't have to take my word for it, just try both demos. Even though it's the first level or so, there is already more slowdown in the PS3 version. You get a whole lot more slowdown in the later stages when you're fighting more complex enemies like the squad of demonic angels... a whole lot more than the Xbox version.

But you know what fine, forget about it. It's not a big deal, a lot people can't tell the diff between 30fps and 60fps, or just don't care. I can buy that. But my post was for Andrew who is a hardcore videophile, and for him buying the vaseline motion blur smeared PS3 version is definitely a mistake.

Danielsan

Well I just beat SOS. I've just beat the first two DMD missions in one go aswell. What a dissapointment that is. It feels just like SOS only the enemies DT every now and then, if you let them get the chance that is. Even Berial was a pushover as he didn't get the chance to DT either...

Tomorrow I'll get Lost Odyssey in the mail and once I'm done with that I'll try to S rank all the missions. I still need:
8 S ranks on Human, 12 S ranks on Devil Hunter, 7 S ranks on Son of Sparda and 18 S ranks on Dante Must Die (because I've only finished 2 missions :p).

Narag

Danielsan said:
Well I just beat SOS. I've just beat the first two DMD missions in one go aswell. What a dissapointment that is. It feels just like SOS only the enemies DT every now and then, if you let them get the chance that is. Even Berial was a pushover as he didn't get the chance to DT either...

Tomorrow I'll get Lost Odyssey in the mail and once I'm done with that I'll try to S rank all the missions. I still need:
8 S ranks on Human, 12 S ranks on Devil Hunter, 7 S ranks on Son of Sparda and 18 S ranks on Dante Must Die (because I've only finished 2 missions :p).

Its weird how the stuff DTs in this game compared to the third iirc. The stronger it is, the longer it takes instead of the last of the group alive triggering.

Top Bottom