• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Darkpen said:
I'm a NG fan too, but you obviously never played DMC3 if that's your attitude (and I'm not talking about the special edition, I'm talking about the hard-as-hell original DMC3)

Most people haven't I love DMC, i like the personality Dante has, it just seems NG is soo bland to me, not trying to start no shyt. Just my opinion on 2 different games.

edit: Also, DMC was probably one of the hardest games I ever played besides Shinobi on PS2 lol.

diddlyD

Banned
i just played through both ps3 and 360 builds, both with hdmi

the ps3 version looks slightly but noticeably sharper and clearer to me. they both play the exact same. the 360 version had some frame hiccups here and there, i didn't notice any on the ps3. pretty damn close though.

never really liked dmc gameplay (i only beat the first one), but its a gorgeous game i have to admit. i'll probably end up just renting the ps3 version.

Mamesj

Banned
Francinium said:
Anyone else bored senseless by that demo, so many random, pointless rooms and corridors and Nero's combat felt kinda lame compared to Dante DMC3. At least the game was pretty I guess but all I felt in that demo was DMC3 level design with less stylish combat and high res everything, meh.

you don't understand or refuse to accept that the demo isn't going to have a full move list or feature the best parts of the game? It's people like you who they make trailers that give away a whole movie for...

ypo

I like how they went the MGS route with the cutscenes. You can now move around a little and zoom in on cutscenes.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
oh for the record I guess, I played both versions and I loved the PS3 version more, this is an old build so I only expect it to get better when the game is released soon.

Teknoman

ypo said:
:lol :lol

Anyway, just played the PS3 version. I didn't expect the cutscenes to be 60 fps. Is this the same with the X360 version?

Nope, 360 version cutscenes are 30fps, but there are a few more graphical effects here and there in the game itself.

The retail version for both systems might be 60fps all the way through. At least thats what was said in the first post.

ypo said:
I like how they went the MGS route with the cutscenes. You can now move around a little and zoom in on cutscenes.

And now i've got another reason to play the demo again.

Piper Az

diddlyD said:
i just played through both ps3 and 360 builds, both with hdmi

the ps3 version looks slightly but noticeably sharper and clearer to me. they both play the exact same. the 360 version had some frame hiccups here and there, i didn't notice any on the ps3. pretty damn close though.

never really liked dmc gameplay (i only beat the first one), but its a gorgeous game i have to admit. i'll probably end up just renting the ps3 version.

Almost everyone says this is actually the opposite: 360 version is just slightly superior in shapness and framerate.

teknoman said:
Nope, 360 version cutscenes are 30fps, but there are a few more graphical effects here and there in the game itself.

??? It's 60fps, as far as I can tell.

Bebpo

Banned
Kyoufu said:
As much as I love the demo, some things irk me, like they irked Bebpo:

a) Camera is sooooooo bad this time, what the hell happened?

What happened is that like in Onimusha, people complained about the RE-style camera angles and so they give a full 3d camera. But Ninja Gaiden Sigma and DMC4 show that's not always the best thing for action games. If you have good "set" camera angles where everything will always be visible or a great auto-cam it's better to go for those. DMC4 has a lot of set pieces, but the parts that aren't set like the frost battle can be lame when trying to FIND the enemy (assuming they aren't frosts who teleport right in front of you).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The demo was nice, but to be honest it is really exactly like DMC3, but prettier. I guess that's the safest way to go with a series with a hardcore fanbase as this, but the game does feel old, stiff and pedestrian somehow because of that.

The way character animates and controls especially is kinda jarring nowadays I have to say. If DMC3 had HD graphics it would be the same game as this, or at least it seems so to me (admittedly, I'm not any kind of DMC authority) which is disappointing, as the next gen DMC could have made some kind of huge jump, like RE made with it's fourth entry. O/T, but I honestly hope GoW does indeed break off from the past as far as gameplay/controls and delivers something completely new and fresh. DMC and NG seem to be playing it safe, so we should have at least one game in the genre that tries something crazy and new.

It looks mostly good, 60FPS is great, shadows and some other visual things are kinda sucky, Berial boss looks awesome (that whole scene does, really)

One thing I noticed, and that seems evident on some of Dot50's screencaps of PS3 demo as well, is that there seems to be some kind of motion blur present in the demo (PS3 ver. at least). If you spin the camera around you can see it, among other situations. At first I thought it was my TV, but I don't remember any 60FPS game looking like that - I even cheked with a few of them. My TV just doesn't blur like that with 60FPS games, DMC demo seems to be doing it. Again, I remember Dot50 captioned one of his screens thinking it was some rendering bug, but I don't think it was a bug but rather the motion blur I'm seeing.

Also, for the scene where Sho-Nuff mentioned PS3 demo hickupped a few times, but X360 demo hicked only once (burning car scene) well, it hickupped exactly once for me with PS3 demo as well. That was actually the only place I saw framerate drop, if even for a split-second.

ypo

Yea R2 is zoom and right stick is for moving around. You can't move around that much but you can zoom pretty far in.

Seems like the PS3 version has some kind of blur filter applied in some scenes but not all. Kind of weird. Anyway you can get the same result as those X360 shots by jacking up the sharpness on the TV. X360 version seems to have set at very high sharpness level.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Piper Az said:
Almost everyone says this is actually the opposite: 360 version is just slightly superior in shapness and framerate.

They both played the same to me, and framerate seemed to be a tad better on the PS3 version to me, in terms of sharpness you need to take account to peoples TV. on my 40" 1080p Samsung, PS3 looks and runs a tad bit smoother but whos arguing lol.

Teknoman

Piper Az said:

I mean the cutscenes, not the game itself. Both version demos run at 60fps smoothly during gameplay, but only the PS3 demo shifts between 60fps and 30fps during cutscenes. The 360 demo sticks to 30fps during cutscenes.

ypo

There are some drops in the cutscenes but most of time is 60 fps. Hopefully they can clean it up in the retail version.

Mamesj

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Uhhhh
The cutscenes are definitely not 60fps, they seem sub 30 to me actually. (360ver)

yeah, I'm wondering where this "cutscenes are 60fps on the 360" business started...either people don't know what 60fps is, what a cutscene is, or they're lying to make PS3 fans jealous :lol

Dahbomb

Kyoufu said:
Dahbomb, I need your help here with Just-Frame EX. When exactly do you press L2? Any easy starter combos using Just-Frame EX?

Great post btw.
It depends on what move it is for, the frame for every move is different. The best starter combo for Just Frame EX that I have observed is /\, /\, /\ ~ EX, R1+Back+/\. The 3rd slice appears to be the easiest to frame, then you get the added the EX High Roller move. Once you get in the air, you can do the Aerial Rave and they are generally easy to EX, even if you just tap it randomly.

Oh and for everyone else who is looking for more depth in the combat engine... Here is my post. It is in the OP.

I love how 60% of this thread is a graphics comparison jerkfest... how fucking insulting. I got hammered for saying the PS3 version is the version to get because of better controls (and judging from some of the posts of people who actually played the game, they agree), now some asshats are running around claiming graphics superiority of both PS3 and 360 consoles based on still images of the game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this has been posted already, but I remember reading earlier in the thread that the US demo was only available for Gold members. My default account is Japanese and is also currently Silver, but I was able to download the demo with no problem, so if you don't want to pay for Gold, make a Japanese account and download it.

Dahbomb

I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can actually zoom in during the cutscenes with R2 and move around with the Right analog stick (ALA MGS2). It's pretty cool but I know that it will merely be used for texture analysis between the 2 versions of the game.

Oh and the videos have started floating around, I already got 2-3 linked but I haven't seen them yet. Rest assured they are from good players so they should know what they are doing.

Basic Combo Overview

From what I have discussed, most of the pro players are still getting accustomed to the timings of the Just Frame EX so they said it will take a while before someone starts doing something outrageous with them. I know Gemasis is on a crazy video as we speak and he is always one of the "pioneers" of DMC so he will deliver.

Shamrock

Banned
Honestly I was disappointed with the demo. It reminded me a lot of PS3/360 launch games where developers thought "Next Gen" was simply making PS2/Xbox games and outputting them in High Def.

In all honesty I think I had a better time playing Conan than the DMC demo. The camera kind of sucked and for whatever reason the developers decided using the triggers on the 360 controller wasn't to important. The bumpers suck and should never be used for anything other than weapon switch or some other non-important gaming task.

Drewsy

Banned
I think I'm in love with this game.

2007 has got nothing on 2008
bowdown.gif

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
marconelly's right -- the ps3 version does have motion blur, which the 360 version apparently lacks. if i use my tv's freeze function while panning the camera around rapidly, the blurring and afterimages it creates are obvious. this doesn't happen with the 360 version. i think that accounts for the misleading differences in some of the comparison shots. i've been switching between the ps3 and 360 versions while standing in front of various textures, and i don't see any significant difference in texture resolution -- though there are certainly differences in contrast and filtering

i don't have any capture hardware, so i'm probably not the best person to verify this, but i can take off screen shots if it comes down to it

Bebpo

Banned
Shamrock said:
Honestly I was disappointed with the demo. It reminded me a lot of PS3/360 launch games where developers thought "Next Gen" was simply making PS2/Xbox games and outputting them in High Def.

I don't get this argument. What games have you guys been playing post-launch that aren't just last gen games with better graphics, physics, framerate?

Dahbomb

Alright so someone just asked me how to master the Instant Rev/Just Frame Exceed system but I don't have time to do a massive write up like before and the previous one was just for newcomers. However someone at Gamefaqs has written an exceptional write up on the exact timings of the attacks.

Credit goes to Ninja99.

Mastering the Instant Rev

Achieving fluency with IR requires that the player become sensitive to the subtle rhythm of his or her button inputs. This means, paradoxically, that during combos you must pay more attention to your own hands than the screen until you develop an intuitive grasp of the necessary timings. Visual cues are the second key element of successful IRing, particularly for single-hit attacks, so I will refer to them extensively. To benefit from these you will obviously need to pay very close attention to the screen. It's up to you to maintain a healthy balance of both these methods. Our ultimate goal is to gain the ability to consistently IR Nero's every attack, such that each hit is bolstered by the power of Exceed.

Preparation

I recommend that you reduce the volume of your television to avoid distraction, because feeling and hearing your controller is important to getting the proper timing down. To practice these timings stay in the first area of Executioner, or clear the Frosts from the field a bit further in. The bridge to Berial is another decent spot for practice. Which one you should choose mainly depends on which camera view you prefer.

Notations

The most straightforward way I can think of to illustrate the concept of rhythmic input is to display the notation of each attack or combo using spaces to indicate the correct timing for each rev. To this end I present the following notation key:

+ - press the buttons/directions on either side of this symbol at the same time
~ - press the buttons/directions on either side of this symbol in immediate sequence, but not together
: - I will use this symbol for spacing. The time it represents is relative, but it should make perfect sense once you start putting my notations into practice
f - press the left stick in the direction Nero is facing
b - press the left stick in the direction Nero's back is facing
R - rev; LT for 360 players, L2 for PS3 players. A quick tap of this button is all that's needed to IR
A - attack; Y for 360 players, Triangle for PS3 players. As with revs, use quick taps of this button
[] - the button(s) within these brackets should be held
(lock) - denotes an attack that must be performed while holding the lock-on button; RB for 360 players, R1 for PS3 players
(air) - denotes an attack that must be performed while airborne

Now then, on to the moves. This won't be uniformly structured. For some attacks a simple description of its visual cues will suffice, while more complex ones will require the rhythmic notation described above. In all cases, however, I will list how the normal version of the attack is performed.

Streak - (lock) f+A

Rev just before the blade completes its arc and stops behind Nero's body. This simple timing is made a little more complicated by the attack's variable range. If an enemy or obstruction is not immediately in front of Nero, he will rush forward before delivering the slash. Remain collected and avoid revving until the end of the animation.

EX version: Timing is faster than the standard version. Rev the moment Nero's spin faces him left. This occurs directly after the fiery slash; roughly in the middle of the move's full animation.

High Roller - (lock) b+A

Rev at the peak of the arc, just before Nero tilts the blade down to refasten it to his back. You'll most likely try to rev too early at first, but you should be able to adjust for this with a bit of practice

EX version: Slower timing. Rev right before the Red Queen taps the ground at the end of the attack.

Rising High Roller - (lock) b+[A]

Rev at the peak of Nero's jump, a moment before he puts away the Red Queen.

EX version: Faster timing. Rev just before Nero's head points down and the Red Queen points behind him, just after he reach the peak of his jump.

Split - (air) (lock) f+A

Rev as Nero's blade touches the ground. The easiest timing of all the attacks in my experience.

EX version: Virtually identical timing, though Nero's fall is a bit faster.

Combo 1 - A::A::A::A

Standard first slash: A:::R~A:R~A::R~A::::R

This is, to my mind, the single most important combo to learn to IR. Once you've mastered this one, none of the other combos should give you much trouble because you will have understood much of what you need to know about rhythmic input in order to adapt it to other IR timings. While memorizing this combo's timing, I found it necessary to count it out to avoid confusing myself with the rapid button inputs. I broke it down like so: one (A:::), one-two (R~A:R~A::), three (R~A::::)...four (R). I also had to actively fight against my instinct to press A before R.

I recommend learning this one in pieces as I did. Practice until you can get A::R~A:R~A to come out consistently. This is by far the easiest portion of the combo to IR. The short delay before revving the first slash gives way to a nice even rhythm with the inputs for the next two. Next, incorporate the third R~A, which is the really tricky part. The correct timing for this third rev is extremely close to that of the previous two, yet there is an additional tiny, barely perceptible delay. It's so slight that if you actively try to slow your timing you'll likely botch it. Instead, try lifting your finger from the rev button after the second R~A. Experiment with the distance at which you do so until it creates the desired effect. Finally, add the last R. The delay on this one is positively massive in comparison to the previous timings. For this reason it's quite easy once you get the hang of it.

As for visual cues, bear in mind that I encourage you to stick to the rhythmic input method alone until you're reasonably comfortable with it. It's an invaluable technique. That said, here they are. First slash, rev as the sword scrapes the ground. The delay is probably a tad longer than you'll expect. Second slash, rev in the middle of the animation, or just after this point. Third slash, same as the second, but more difficult to judge because of its horizontal trajectory. Fourth slash, right as the sword makes contact with the ground, before you see sparks.
EX first slash: A::R~A:R~A::R~A:::R

I'm sure this doesn't look like a huge difference to you, but the faster first slash can make the timing for the rest of EX-Combo 1 feel significantly off. In actual fact, you really just have to adjust for the shorter startup time. It's really hard to go by the visual cue since the attack's so fast, but you need to rev right in the middle of the slash.

Combo 2 - A::A::::A::A::A

Standard first slash: A::R~A:R:::A:R:A:R:A:RA::R

Not bad, except for the third slash, which will probably throw you for a bit if you've been practicing Combo 1 up until now. You'll notice the necessary delay between the second and third slashes is significantly shorter when the second slash is successfully IRed. Visual cues for the first two slashes are identical to those of Combo 1. Slash three, which is actually a pair of rapid vertical slashes, is revved midway through the second of the two. Four, near the end of the slash. Five, midway through Nero's spin. Six, as the animation is winding down, just before the Red Queen comes to a stop.

EX first slash: A::R~A:R:::A:R:A:R:A:RA::R

I have nothing to add here, since the beginning of this combo is the same as that of Combo 1.

Aerial Rave - (air) A::A::A

Standard first slash: (air) A::R~A:R:A

Not too bad if you're used to Combo 1. The timing for the first and third revs is a tad long. Watch out for that.

EX first slash: (air) A:R~A:R:A

Arguably easier than the standard first slash version, because the timing of the first rev is more consistent with the rest.

Xellos

Tried the demo (PS3, both scenarios), wasn't too impressed. Seemed kind of slow and the enemies were not very interesting. I know it's just a demo, but it didn't make me want to put down $60. NG Sigma, Conan, and NMH all sit in my pile of shame, so I'll probably pass on DMC4 for now.

karasu

Bebpo said:
I don't get this argument. What games have you guys been playing post-launch that aren't just last gen games with better graphics, physics, framerate?

They haven't been playing squat. Why people thought this woul be anything other than DMC, I don't know.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dahbomb said:
*good stuff about moves*

This is...semi OT but was on my mind.

I was talking with a friend today about Capcom, DMC4, and SF4 (and SF series) Various topics really. We talked about the argument about fighting games becoming too "complicated" for players (usual reason given for the decline of fighters) and SF3 came into the conversation as did SF4 with Capcom's so called attempt to "take it back to basics".

Then he looked at Devil May Cry 4 and wondered if Capcom was doing the same to this series. He wondered when people would begin to get intimidated by the combos and the various systems at work and when the "too complex" stigma would end up getting attached to the series to the point where it becomes niche (if it hasn't already).

Looking at the various combos, moves list, frame cancels, EX, and so on for this game (and the series). I can't help but wonder why these things (all completely optional of course) are so loved in this game but when you mention these systems in fighting games, people stick up their nose to it (systems which are completely optional as well). Kind of strange to me. Oh well.

As for the demo itself. I enjoyed it a lot. There's some rough edges here and there, but overall I dig it and look forward to the final game. Enough that I put down my pre-order anyways. :D

Spasm

sp0rsk said:
Uhhhh
The cutscenes are definitely not 60fps, they seem sub 30 to me actually. (360ver)
Both versions hiccup a little bit when starting cut-scenes, the problem on 360 just seems more pronounced/lasts longer. They both get to 60 eventually.

Edit: I'm using 720p over HDMI for the PS3, and 1080p over VGA for the 360. I dunno if that's got anything to do with it, but my 360 definitely reaches 60fps.

Teknoman

Anyone figure out what Mundus Vivendil Corp is yet?

Also quick hint: Try jumping and using the devil bringer's buster grab on Berial. Totally different attack than ground buster throw and (maybe its just me but...) seems to take ALOT more damage off of em,

LowParry

Well with comparing the two that I played through, there are some differences. One is that the aa was on the 360, as to the PS3 there was none. PS3 was much more sharp with maybe just a little more jags to go with it. Not much though. As for the color, the PS3 has much more rich color. One thing I noticed that with the cutscenes, it seemed to me that the 360 was locked on with 30fps, as with the PS3, it didn't seem to go any lower than 30fps, but there were moments were the frames went up. Maybe as high as 60. It was pretty obvious. Overall both version are great. As far as controller goes, I prefer the DS3. I've played my DMC games on the PS2, and I'm sticking with it. The 360 isn't as bad. The bumper is lame but that's really my only complaint about the 360 controller. The rest is easily managable. Everyone's gonna be playing a damn fine game, achievements or not.

LowParry

Spasm said:
Both versions hiccup a little bit when starting cut-scenes, the problem on 360 just seems more pronounced/lasts longer. They both get to 60 eventually.

Not really, the PS3 version seems to start off fast until you get more into the scene where it stoops to that 30fps. For the 360, it's stuck right at the 30fps all the time. PS3 seems to jump around within the 30 - 60fps. Depends what you got going on screen. Just my observations.

Spasm

CcrooK said:
Not really, the PS3 version seems to start off fast until you get more into the scene where it stoops to that 30fps. For the 360, it's stuck right at the 30fps all the time. PS3 seems to jump around within the 30 - 60fps. Depends what you got going on screen. Just my observations.
Yeah, I just checked again and I concede. Flybys are 60, cut-scenes 30.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Dahbomb said:
Alright so someone just asked me how to master the Instant Rev/Just Frame Exceed system but I don't have time to do a massive write up like before and the previous one was just for newcomers. However someone at Gamefaqs has written an exceptional write up on the exact timings of the attacks.

Credit goes to Ninja99.

Mastering the Instant Rev

Achieving fluency with IR requires that the player become sensitive to the subtle rhythm of his or her button inputs. This means, paradoxically, that during combos you must pay more attention to your own hands than the screen until you develop an intuitive grasp of the necessary timings. Visual cues are the second key element of successful IRing, particularly for single-hit attacks, so I will refer to them extensively. To benefit from these you will obviously need to pay very close attention to the screen. It's up to you to maintain a healthy balance of both these methods. Our ultimate goal is to gain the ability to consistently IR Nero's every attack, such that each hit is bolstered by the power of Exceed.

Preparation

I recommend that you reduce the volume of your television to avoid distraction, because feeling and hearing your controller is important to getting the proper timing down. To practice these timings stay in the first area of Executioner, or clear the Frosts from the field a bit further in. The bridge to Berial is another decent spot for practice. Which one you should choose mainly depends on which camera view you prefer.

Notations

The most straightforward way I can think of to illustrate the concept of rhythmic input is to display the notation of each attack or combo using spaces to indicate the correct timing for each rev. To this end I present the following notation key:

+ - press the buttons/directions on either side of this symbol at the same time
~ - press the buttons/directions on either side of this symbol in immediate sequence, but not together
: - I will use this symbol for spacing. The time it represents is relative, but it should make perfect sense once you start putting my notations into practice
f - press the left stick in the direction Nero is facing
b - press the left stick in the direction Nero's back is facing
R - rev; LT for 360 players, L2 for PS3 players. A quick tap of this button is all that's needed to IR
A - attack; Y for 360 players, Triangle for PS3 players. As with revs, use quick taps of this button
[] - the button(s) within these brackets should be held
(lock) - denotes an attack that must be performed while holding the lock-on button; RB for 360 players, R1 for PS3 players
(air) - denotes an attack that must be performed while airborne

Now then, on to the moves. This won't be uniformly structured. For some attacks a simple description of its visual cues will suffice, while more complex ones will require the rhythmic notation described above. In all cases, however, I will list how the normal version of the attack is performed.

Streak - (lock) f+A

Rev just before the blade completes its arc and stops behind Nero's body. This simple timing is made a little more complicated by the attack's variable range. If an enemy or obstruction is not immediately in front of Nero, he will rush forward before delivering the slash. Remain collected and avoid revving until the end of the animation.

EX version: Timing is faster than the standard version. Rev the moment Nero's spin faces him left. This occurs directly after the fiery slash; roughly in the middle of the move's full animation.

High Roller - (lock) b+A

Rev at the peak of the arc, just before Nero tilts the blade down to refasten it to his back. You'll most likely try to rev too early at first, but you should be able to adjust for this with a bit of practice

EX version: Slower timing. Rev right before the Red Queen taps the ground at the end of the attack.

Rising High Roller - (lock) b+[A]

Rev at the peak of Nero's jump, a moment before he puts away the Red Queen.

EX version: Faster timing. Rev just before Nero's head points down and the Red Queen points behind him, just after he reach the peak of his jump.

Split - (air) (lock) f+A

Rev as Nero's blade touches the ground. The easiest timing of all the attacks in my experience.

EX version: Virtually identical timing, though Nero's fall is a bit faster.

Combo 1 - A::A::A::A

Standard first slash: A:::R~A:R~A::R~A::::R

This is, to my mind, the single most important combo to learn to IR. Once you've mastered this one, none of the other combos should give you much trouble because you will have understood much of what you need to know about rhythmic input in order to adapt it to other IR timings. While memorizing this combo's timing, I found it necessary to count it out to avoid confusing myself with the rapid button inputs. I broke it down like so: one (A:::), one-two (R~A:R~A::), three (R~A::::)...four (R). I also had to actively fight against my instinct to press A before R.

I recommend learning this one in pieces as I did. Practice until you can get A::R~A:R~A to come out consistently. This is by far the easiest portion of the combo to IR. The short delay before revving the first slash gives way to a nice even rhythm with the inputs for the next two. Next, incorporate the third R~A, which is the really tricky part. The correct timing for this third rev is extremely close to that of the previous two, yet there is an additional tiny, barely perceptible delay. It's so slight that if you actively try to slow your timing you'll likely botch it. Instead, try lifting your finger from the rev button after the second R~A. Experiment with the distance at which you do so until it creates the desired effect. Finally, add the last R. The delay on this one is positively massive in comparison to the previous timings. For this reason it's quite easy once you get the hang of it.

As for visual cues, bear in mind that I encourage you to stick to the rhythmic input method alone until you're reasonably comfortable with it. It's an invaluable technique. That said, here they are. First slash, rev as the sword scrapes the ground. The delay is probably a tad longer than you'll expect. Second slash, rev in the middle of the animation, or just after this point. Third slash, same as the second, but more difficult to judge because of its horizontal trajectory. Fourth slash, right as the sword makes contact with the ground, before you see sparks.
EX first slash: A::R~A:R~A::R~A:::R

I'm sure this doesn't look like a huge difference to you, but the faster first slash can make the timing for the rest of EX-Combo 1 feel significantly off. In actual fact, you really just have to adjust for the shorter startup time. It's really hard to go by the visual cue since the attack's so fast, but you need to rev right in the middle of the slash.

Combo 2 - A::A::::A::A::A

Standard first slash: A::R~A:R:::A:R:A:R:A:RA::R

Not bad, except for the third slash, which will probably throw you for a bit if you've been practicing Combo 1 up until now. You'll notice the necessary delay between the second and third slashes is significantly shorter when the second slash is successfully IRed. Visual cues for the first two slashes are identical to those of Combo 1. Slash three, which is actually a pair of rapid vertical slashes, is revved midway through the second of the two. Four, near the end of the slash. Five, midway through Nero's spin. Six, as the animation is winding down, just before the Red Queen comes to a stop.

EX first slash: A::R~A:R:::A:R:A:R:A:RA::R

I have nothing to add here, since the beginning of this combo is the same as that of Combo 1.

Aerial Rave - (air) A::A::A

Standard first slash: (air) A::R~A:R:A

Not too bad if you're used to Combo 1. The timing for the first and third revs is a tad long. Watch out for that.

EX first slash: (air) A:R~A:R:A

Arguably easier than the standard first slash version, because the timing of the first rev is more consistent with the rest.
i will be practicing this shi until i master it and fck capcom for putting this in the game and making me master it.

Nemesis_

Here's what I don't understand - originally they said that the Devil Bringer was "something we can't do on anything but the PS3", yet the game is now available on multiple consoles AND I don't see what's so amazing about it.

Was this some scrapped feature or what?

Teknoman

Now to hope that the "Accomplishments" in the PS3 version will get their own 3d trophies in HOME. :D

Nemesis556 said:
Here's what I don't understand - originally they said that the Devil Bringer was "something we can't do on anything but the PS3", yet the game is now available on multiple consoles AND I don't see what's so amazing about it.

Was this some scrapped feature or what?

They really said that? Its just a demon powered grapple arm...dunno what was so complicated about that.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Teknoman said:
Now to hope that the "Accomplishments" in the PS3 version will get their own 3d trophies in HOME. :D

They really said that? Its just a demon powered grapple arm...dunno what was so complicated about that.

Hey as long as I get the Dante clothes for my character in Home that is all I will need! :D

Top Bottom