• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Maggot9

Banned
newsguy said:
I'm getting the PS3 version. I played both and the DS3 just feels right. Besides, my PS3 needs something other than blurays or it's going to forget it plays games. BTW during gameplay both games look identical. I tried to look for things but anyone saying they see a difference needs to join the armed forces as a sniper.
are people seriously still saying this?

newsguy

Skilletor said:
People are still saying this about psp. It'll be 2010 before that stops.

PSP plays bluray? Shit I never keep up with the firmware updates :(

And yes people are still saying this. I've played the AAA titles on the PS3 and enjoyed them, but 99% of multiplatform purchases for me are on the 360 because most of my friends get that version.

Yasser

does anyone know if theres a way to pull off a charged gunshot without charging/with reduced charge times? i noticed in brea's youtube vid he does a charged shot after an aerial rave with very little time inbetween

Danielsan

Yasser said:
does anyone know if theres a way to pull off a charged gunshot without charging/with reduced charge times? i noticed in brea's youtube vid he does a charged shot after an aerial rave with very little time inbetween
You can charge all the time, even during a swordcombo.

Kyoufu

newsguy said:
PSP plays bluray? Shit I never keep up with the firmware updates :(

And yes people are still saying this. I've played the AAA titles on the PS3 and enjoyed them, but 99% of multiplatform purchases for me are on the 360 because most of my friends get that version.

PSP will play blu-rays soon :p

So I played the demo for an hour or so tonight and I have to say I am absolutely loving it now! It looks beautiful (both versions), is as smooth as butter and the lighting and general art design is fantastic.

Kingpen

Milke's write-up on 1up saved me from cancelling a pre-order on this since I didn't really like the weak sauce demo. Specifically his assurances that the demo was a bad demo and the final game had a lot more content/challenge to it. I was going to cancel it for Culdcept Saga + No More Heroes. Ended up trading some games in so now I get all 3. I'm pumped for next Wednesday.

Kingpen said:
Milke's write-up on 1up saved me from cancelling a pre-order on this since I didn't really like the weak sauce demo. Specifically his assurances that the demo was a bad demo and the final game had a lot more content/challenge to it.

Yeah the write-up was excellent, and pant wetting:

Milke said:
Not unlike the Needler from Halo 3, an upgraded Lucifer (upgrade 'Pin-Up') lets Dante surround himself with a phalanx of fiery-red sabres. A pro-active Dante player will rush forward, turning all enemies into a bright red pincushion, before pulling back on the analog stick and hitting the appropriate button to detonate each red, crystal shard. The resulting damage is nothing short of phenomenal, making quick work of bosses, even from the air (Hint: Use the lock-on function).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kingpen said:
Milke's write-up on 1up saved me from cancelling a pre-order on this since I didn't really like the weak sauce demo. Specifically his assurances that the demo was a bad demo and the final game had a lot more content/challenge to it. I was going to cancel it for Culdcept Saga + No More Heroes. Ended up trading some games in so now I get all 3. I'm pumped for next Wednesday.

Mielke's write up on 1up proved to me that GAF is every bit as good or better than 1up is at previewing/playing games. Complete with randomly throwing in a mention to Halo 3, and system wars bullshit thrown in. Right down to the HD size stupidity. By the way, did you guys know that DMC was "returning to form"?

Whatever, this is pre-bought, day one.

ElyrionX

Based on what is said in the 1up article, it does seem as if the Yamato only comes out during Nero's Devil Trigger mode. That's really disappointing if true.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ElyrionX said:
Based on what is said in the 1up article, it does seem as if the Yamato only comes out during Nero's Devil Trigger mode. That's really disappointing if true

Please spoiler that

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Hellz YEAH
12015248452.jpg

Next Week is TOO FAR AWAY

Maggot9

Banned
I remember in the first DMC, after a while owning it, my friend discovered the Bangle of time, and was trying to explain to me how he got this device that freezes time. i thought he was the biggest bullshitter alive.:lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i just looked at the date on my pc, realized only 10 days left till PAL gets it, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.
HYPE

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is the artbook no longer available with the game? Take a look at ebgames.com it seems they took the free artbook off the game listing. I really should have pre-ordered 2 copies.

burgerdog

neojubei said:
Is the artbook no longer available with the game? Take a look at ebgames.com it seems they took the free artbook off the game listing. I really should have pre-ordered 2 copies.

I ordered from ebgames when they had the free overnight shipping and the book was put on backorder for me :(

edit

So I went to check my order after typing that and now the book is available and ships within 24 hours.

Kingpen said:

Of course the full game has a lot more content to [than a demo]. And naturally it's going to be easy to cater to the widest audience possible.

The point of a demo is to feel some common element themes, not to make assumptions about a 15-20 hour experience based on a 10 minute demo.

Dahbomb

badcrumble said:
Look at the last video. Dante switches between Lucifer, Gilgamesh, AND Rebellion. Holy shit.
Yup... Triple arm switch is incorporated into DMC4. It applies to Firearms as well.

Oh snaps new DMC4 video clips with Dante DT!!!! Let's see if he has exclusive DT moves or not! :D (I already know the answer lol!)

Amazing, the "new" Devil Trigger seems to enhance everything by a factor of 2 (twice the power, twice the speed, twice the amount of jumps). Also, do those vids confirm some sort of Training Mode in the game?

Dahbomb

ScissorHands said:
Amazing, the "new" Devil Trigger seems to enhance every by a factor of 2 (twice the power, twice the speed, twice the amount of jumps). Also, do those vids confirm some sort of Training Mode in the game?
The devs can do this sort of thing to show of mechanics in the game. I hope for such a mode though.

And yeah, finally a GOOD DT in a DMC game play wise. I have waited for this since the original DMC.

Daante

I am currently replaying DMC3 :SE , hope to have finished it before i get my hands on EU version of DMC4! =) .

If anyone want to know one of Swedens biggest game magazins "LEVEL" gave their thoughts on DMC4 this new number that arrived in the postbox last friday. 3 people reviewd it, and all gave the game a 9/10.
All 3 where very positive about how the game was , and the things that was brought up that belonged to negative criticism is the type of things that usually dosent make/affect my overall DMC experience much. Hence , "cheesy stuff", "Matrix over the top cutscenes" "sometimes camera issues" etc.

Should be interesting seeing what people at 1up.com has to say this Friday about the game, if i understand them correctly their review is gonna be up on friday and they are also gonna have DMC4 in their one up show =)

Awntawn

Can anyone working at Best Buy tell me if they print the damn Best Buy logo directly on the covers for this? I have a gift card for Best Buy, but when I got AC from there, the logo is printed directly on case insert right next to the ESRB logo. I don't care that much for AC, but I don't want that shit ruining my DMC4 box 3;

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
DantesWrath said:

OH MY GOD!!!! I Have just crapped my freaking pants! OH MY GOD!

BTW I think I have Neros in combo exeed thing. I seem to do it like 70 percent of the time now.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Nice job Milky. I'm definitely super hyped for the game. PS3 version confirmed (nothing can change my mind now).

I adjusted some of the settings on my TV and the blur problem has been somewhat reduced (probably about 30%). Turned up the brightness, brought the sharpness down one notch and things already look nicer! Also, I turned on the color mix reduction in my PS3's display settings.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
C- Warrior said:
Check out 1up.com week long featureo on DMC4.

they have tuesday's video up - shows Dante using Yamato. Goddamn it looks awesome.
ugh, I can't fucking stand 1up. WHY the fuck do they have all these vids in HD? Not everyones computer can handle that shit for fucks sake.

Ello

Forceatowulf said:
ugh, I can't fucking stand 1up. WHY the fuck do they have all these vids in HD? Not everyones computer can handle that shit for fucks sake.

We are teh old and 1up hates us.

Dahbomb

Forceatowulf said:
Fucking n00b! :lol

Get with the times my friend.

Top Bottom