• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

jet1911

f@luS said:
no seriously, is it a bad codec from the video?
because the tearing is really pretty bad, and really annoying

Pretty sure it's just the video, I did not notice any tearing in the demo and in these vids it's clearly visible.

ypo

Well we know for a fact that the x360 version has screen tearings. We just don't know how bad. I don't think these videos are an accurate presentation of it. It's probably badly coded videos. If not then holy shit :O

Draft

I didn't notice any tearing but I did notice that shit when a 60fps game drops down to like... 55 fps. Still smooth, but noticeable to me at least. I hate that.

there is tearing in the 360 demo. when you get to the red orb crystal jump up the side of the building right next to it and there will be a bunch of red orbs. when you jump up there, it will tear (it did on me).

Zabka

f@luS said:
A lot of tearing *cough*
why?
Has anyone else actually watched these? I'm pretty sensitive to tearing and didn't notice any in either video (I did only watch halfway into the second since it started getting spoiler-ish).

KTallguy

Banned
Zabka said:
Has anyone else actually watched these? I'm pretty sensitive to tearing and didn't notice any in either video (I did only watch halfway into the second since it started getting spoiler-ish).

First video at 45-50 seconds.

hteng

Banned
it's probably just a bad video codec, the tearing was very obvious even at the start of the video, i dont think capcom's QA will let something so obvious to go through. Also, didn't Gametrailers did a comparison ? there were no visible tears.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I remember reading about this earlier but I seem to have forgotten: did the Devil May Cry team decide against incorporating a conventional checkpoint system (sans yellow orbs) for DMC4?

dirtmonkey37 said:
I remember reading about this earlier but I seem to have forgotten: did the Devil May Cry team decide against incorporating a conventional checkpoint system (sans yellow orbs) for DMC4?

It's modeled like the Special Edition.

kay

rie002.jpg

Manual cover is good too.

KGKK

Banned
OMG!!! Cannot believe it is almost here. Dante looks badass as usual. Still don't know how I feel abou Nero yet. Also, if Vergil is not in the game, I'm gonna f'ing cry!!! PS3 version for moi next week baby. Gonna be one hell of a party.

Elbrain said:
You know what before seeing that I still had this beautiful picture of the Devil May Cry series visuals wise. Oh man times do change the freaking change.

Well you can blame the game for the video being a pixelized mess.

Ok yeah DMC2 looks pretty bad, but then again it is DMC2.

karasu

KGKK said:
OMG!!! Cannot believe it is almost here. Dante looks badass as usual. Still don't know how I feel abou Nero yet. Also, if Vergil is not in the game, I'm gonna f'ing cry!!! PS3 version for moi next week baby. Gonna be one hell of a party.

:lol nice

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
the kind of language some people will use to 'validate' their points. Wow, you used 'fuck' in your comment? Never heard that one before! I guess I take back everything I said about bluetooth drop-outs, because you're a badass at home on your mom's PC. Why are PS3 owners such whiners?

It's my grandmothers PC you fucker!

kay

What the 360 doesn't do, however, is drop a wireless Bluetooth signal, which is what happens fairly consistently on PS3. There's nothing like being in the heat of battle when Nero or Dante suddenly stops doing what you want him to. Of course, if this happens once or twice a mission, that'd be the maximum, but that's more than enough for anyone.
Oh no, that sucks. It's even worse than the console dieing preventing you from playing it all. For sure. I assume that's why the article writer put that in instead. yep.

Kyoufu

kay said:
Oh no, that sucks. It's even worse than the console dieing preventing you from playing it all. For sure. I assume that's why the article writer put that in instead. yep.

Its just 1up proving again how they are irrelevant in my life.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm just surprised by this, I mean I never had a dropped signal. I was just playing burnout and now DMC4 demo and no dropouts so far. Is it because i have a DS3?

Kyoufu

neojubei said:
I'm just surprised by this, I mean I never had a dropped signal. I was just playing burnout and now DMC4 demo and no dropouts so far. Is it because i have a DS3?

Yeah. I've got a DS3 coming with DMC4 to prevent Berial from killing me during a drop-out, but to actually point it out as a fault for the PS3 version is a little idiotic.

neojubei

kay said:
rie002.jpg

Manual cover is good too.

No art inside the cover? :(

It would be funny to see milkman reviews the game and dock points on the ps3 version because he had bluetooth drop outs.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
neojubei said:

Havent had dropouts with my sixaxis nor dualshock, he has a point about the dropouts, i would be mad if i got them myself as well. BUT if you use an argument like that then the red rings arent fun either.

SpacLock

eh the demo was easy as hell and it feels a little too slow at times, but the grabbing ability helps keep at a quicker pace. I'll definitely rent this one if i don't buy it.

neojubei

SpacLock said:
eh the demo was easy as hell and it feels a little too slow at times, but the grabbing ability helps keep at a quicker pace. I'll definitely rent this one if i don't buy it.

Nero's arm and the EX rev system with the sword is a great progression in DMC already dynamic gameplay. For combo lovers the EX system brings in a much deeper mechanic.

WickedLaharl said:
milky is great

That was random.

Esperado

hteng said:
1up doesn't like the ps3 ?

It's up in the air who any media outlet likes or doesn't like on any given day. Basically, if a game in your favor gets a score less than what you think it deserves and/or the system receives negative coverage, then that company hates the system. Scores from games on the other platforms, other games on the same platform, and any positive media should not be taken into account when practicing this.

SpacLock

neojubei said:
Nero's arm and the EX rev system with the sword is a great progression in DMC already dynamic gameplay. For combo lovers the EX system brings in a much deeper mechanic.

Yes. Well said.

Pachinko

It doesn't seem like everyone has dropouts but for those that do it can be an issue.

Xbox 360 version-
-textures that are about 1-2 iotas better then the ps3 version but at the expense of screen tearing during busy sections of gameplay
-no controller dropouts + built in rumble without importing or waiting another month or 2 BUT whether or not you like the controller is up in the air
-load times of 3-4 seconds throughout the entire game

PS3 version-
-60 fps during gameplay no tearing but textures are generally a teeny tiny bit worse as is the anti aliasing
-an arguably better controller
-mandatory 30 minute install for 1-2 second loadtimes throughout

Really the graphical differences aren't perceptible to the naked gaming eye so it's barely worth arguing , especially since the average gaming nerd hardcore enough to own both a ps3 and a 360 likely has the ps3 hooked up through hdmi so even texture detail is a tiny bit washed out the game should look a little sharper because of a better connection, though likewise this same gamer may have an elite or a more recent 360 revision and also have it through HDMI.

So really what it comes down to fellows, do you prefer using the 360 pad or the dualshock/sixaxis for this game? and will you care that you'd pass up a bunch of achievement points if you skipped the 360 version ?

neojubei

Esperado said:
It's up in the air who any media outlet likes or doesn't like on any given day. Basically, if a game in your favor gets a score less than what you think it deserves and/or the system receives negative coverage, then that company hates the system. Scores from games on the other platforms, other games on the same platform, and any positive media should not be taken into account when practicing this.

Well with comments like

the PS3 version cuts the gap down to a couple seconds. The flipside is that the PS3 requires an initial install on to the harddrive. While this is only an inconvenience at the start, it may become an issue as the PS3 harddrives become smaller (new units arrive in the 40g flavors, while the 80g models are dwindling by the day) and PS3 owner's games collections become bigger. Who wants to delete and reinstall games?

and

but if it makes your life better to hear it, the PS3 doesn't do the screen 'tearing' thing the 360 occasionally does.

that makes you wonder how one-sided Milky can be. I wonder if he knows you can buy a bigger harddrive for the PS3. And why would it makes someone's life better to know the 360 version has screen tearing? Just write "The 360 version has occasional screen tearing" and leave it at that.

hteng

Banned
hmm so the 360 ver has decent load times as well? 3-4 sec is pretty darn fast, is this for loading a whole level or for every zone ?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
neojubei said:
Milkman of 1up asks

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?gId=3140593&sec=PREVIEWS&r=8600277

Blanket statements like this really shows how he feels about PS3 fans.

With a preview that includes systems wars bullshit, he brings it on himself. It would be just as stupid as to say "Well, the 360 version is great, but you run the risk of getting RROD. Meanwhile, the PS3 has that controller drop out thing. Either way, you can't lose!"

It's stupid and childish either way you slice it.

neojubei

Dahbomb said:
OMFG THE GAME HITS TOMORROW!!!!!!!111

And my god DMC2 looks worse than I remembered! :lol

Are you importing? And yes you are right about DMC2. I used to defend it as mindless fun, but man the enemies have no personality, the gameplay is just well awful, Dante's outfit....is that even a jacket? Horrible bosses, possessed tanks, helicopters? I have the game, but I doubt I would play it again.

I hope you write up something for the Japanese release copy. Does anyone know if there is a pre-order freebie that comes with it?

Top Bottom