• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dahbomb said:
Talking about DMC2 in a DMC4 thread is about as OT as talking about NG or GOW in a DMC4 thread.

vergil_arkham9-1.jpg

Never speak of DMC2 again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is that?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Dante said:
Doubtful considering he's been in like every DMC thread. You know the whole :eek: is for dramatic impact.
;)

So is it this:
CcrooK said:
And a movie to watch to recap the DMC series. I say it's a pretty damn nice trade off. Installation + Movie.

or this during the installation:
DJmizuhara said:
No movie dude, just 21 minutes of text and the same song repeating over and over...
?

Yoshichan

Toonami 99 said:
is it me or do the videos not load?
Doesn't load for me :(

dralla

Blim, can you do a video comparison of the loading? For loading the initial mission and for loading when entering new areas? I'd really like to see the difference for myself, it would help in my deicision

f@luS

More than a member.
I'd like to know about tearing in the retail 360 game please. I wanted to pick PS3 CE and 360 classic edition, but i cant stand the tearing i saw earlier in the video here. Thx

linsivvi

Asian Edition:

dmc4_01.jpg

dmc4_02.jpg

dmc4_03.jpg

Sorry for the crappy images. I don't normally do pictures.

Impressions to come a few hours later, if I can pull myself away from the game...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dralla said:
Blim, can you do a video comparison of the loading? For loading the initial mission and for loading when entering new areas? I'd really like to see the difference for myself, it would help in my deicision
I'll see with DjMizuhara when he has time.

It's not officially on sale until 31st January, it's still the 30th here in Japan.
My local video games store has sold out...both PS3 and 360 have sold out before release day! :lol

Loudninja

DJmizuhara said:
It's not officially on sale until 31st January, it's still the 30th here in Japan.
My local video games store has sold out...both PS3 and 360 have sold out before release day! :lol

Wow, thanks for that :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DJmizuhara said:
The Japanese manuals are in full color, both PS3 and 360.

Cool, I mean all PS2 capcom game manuals were in color in Japan. My only issue is for the american release and seeing the Asian version manual in B/W worries me. Lost Planet had a color manual, I hope that this does not apply to 360 games only.

PuppetMaster said:
Someone please confirm the JP PS3 version has an English mode before I pick up a copy tomorrow.
Yeah the Japanese version on DMC4 is fully in English...menus, in-game, voice acting, subtitles the-whole-9-yards. :D

DJmizuhara said:
Yeah the Japanese version on DMC4 is fully in English...menus, in-game, voice acting, subtitles the-whole-9-yards. :D

Awesome! I will buy a copy as soon as I get off work on thursday. And then maybe call in sick the next day ;)

One thing's for sure DMC4 is one of the prettiest games this gen.

The textures and lighting look unbelievable as do the models.

Gameplay at first wasn't to my liking, but as I learn new tricks I'm starting to like it.

I've played the demo maybe 20 times now and I must say no matter how many times I see the cutscenes I never get tired of seeing them. They are handled so well that I'm tempted to get the game to play further and get rewarded with more of those awesome cutscenes.

Knowing Dante is playable at some point in the story is also another bonus.

maskrider

Yeah, got it (Japanese version) today, a bit expensive, though.

Story telling with a series of pictures (not many of them, rinse and repeat) and BGM during the install

dmc4ps3-install.jpg

Yoshichan

Maskrider, I love you.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
OMG, I want that cover!!! Dante really looks so hot in it, And I love when hot Dante is on the cover!!! I wantz >_<

And yes, DMC2, Dante looked absolutely Badass and hot in it, And the other thing, I really liked how Lucia looked in it. Outside of that...Forgettable

But back to how hot Dante looks in DMC4 ^_^

Also thanks for the video install

Top Bottom