• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Drewsy

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
damn, that was some banging beats...pretty much all banging...bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bangity bang

oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts BADA oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts oonts

MechaX

Dave1988 said:
Who's up for tackling
Hell or Hell mode? You die in one hit, the enemies don't :D

Yeah, I think something might have trounced Ninja Gaiden Black's Master Ninja Mode by a pretty damn big margin.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
odd question, How hard is it to get SSS combo rank? I forgot what it was like in DMC3 and the Demo doesn't seem to be too good of a representation

shintoki said:
odd question, How hard is it to get SSS combo rank? I forgot what it was like in DMC3 and the Demo doesn't seem to be too good of a representation

its not that hard. Even when the style gauge goes away you still have the letter you had before, but this could change in the final version.

Man I am weaksauce. After beating Metroid Prime 3 I decided I'd dig into the Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Edition I just picked up the other day and try to work my way through the entire series.

I'm only on the second mission and I've already used two yellow orbs :( I'd rather not, I wish that I could simply choose game over and load up from my last save then waste these things on basic enemies like puppets and those cackling ghost bitches.

I really don't remember having a hard time with this game when I first played it years ago, so I was either a better gamer or played through on easy auto.

I managed an SS on the ice bosses on my 3rd or 4th go, around the time I started to read how to exceed properly and I've played about 1hr total of DMC games, about 10mins of 1 (I thought it was awful) and 50mins of the demo of 4 (which is awesome) ;)

Edit: Damn it, I said I wouldn't do this, but oooh member status ;)

ElyrionX

If anyone is interested, some guy on the GameFAQs board got the Prima guide and posted an assload of information about the game, including weapons and bosses and all that. He even has photos of the guide as proof.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928376&topic=41115875

Basically, the stuff I'm interested in are the weapons and gameplay and what he said were:

No other weapons available apart from those we already know.

Dark Slayer style is tied to the Yamato. That means if you're using Yamato, you're using Dark Slayer mode. Also the Yamato is used by hitting the circle button (the "style" button if you will) and Dante doesn't get any new moves for it (compared to DMC3SE Vergil) apart from the new Judgment Cut we've already seen.

If that's really the case, it would appear that you can effectively wield four weapons at once with Dante if you're in Dark Slayer style. Rebellion, Lucifer and Gilgamesh by switching and the Yamato by hitting circle.

Also you play as Dante for seven stages and Nero for about 13 stages. Last boss is fought using Nero.

EDIT: Oh, and Bloody Palace is IN.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'll throw this out there. The lack of extras is a bit sad, but, the guide is from Prima. They aren't the best at finding out the ins and outs, IIRC. lol...

Edit: I hope they are wrong...I want to play as effin Trish. :mad:

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oldschoolgamer said:
I'll throw this out there. The lack of extras is a bit sad, but, the guide is from Prima. They aren't the best at finding out the ins and outs, IIRC. lol...

Edit: I hope they are wrong...I want to play as effin Trish. :mad:
Lady for me. Dissapointed they didnt make her playable

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ElyrionX said:
If anyone is interested, some guy on the GameFAQs board got the Prima guide and posted an assload of information about the game, including weapons and bosses and all that. He even has photos of the guide as proof.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928376&topic=41115875

Basically, the stuff I'm interested in are the weapons and gameplay and what he said were:

No other weapons available apart from those we already know.

Dark Slayer style is tied to the Yamato. That means if you're using Yamato, you're using Dark Slayer mode. Also the Yamato is used by hitting the circle button (the "style" button if you will) and Dante doesn't get any new moves for it (compared to DMC3SE Vergil) apart from the new Judgment Cut we've already seen.

If that's really the case, it would appear that you can effectively wield four weapons at once with Dante if you're in Dark Slayer style. Rebellion, Lucifer and Gilgamesh by switching and the Yamato by hitting circle.

Also you play as Dante for seven stages and Nero for about 13 stages. Last boss is fought using Nero.

EDIT: Oh, and Bloody Palace is IN.
DMC4 special edition will have more stuff hopefully. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As long as I get my hot Dante/Nero costumes, I'll be happy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tiduz said:
DMC1costume for dante = win.
Hell...any costume with him it in is win for me. Hes hot no matter what he is wearing or isn't:lol But I do have to consider bad***ry in it now...and clothes are a factor to it:lol

But wait, They have unlockable costumes for the characters? Thats actually pretty neat

sol_bad

jaundicejuice said:
Man I am weaksauce. After beating Metroid Prime 3 I decided I'd dig into the Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Edition I just picked up the other day and try to work my way through the entire series.

I'm only on the second mission and I've already used two yellow orbs :( I'd rather not, I wish that I could simply choose game over and load up from my last save then waste these things on basic enemies like puppets and those cackling ghost bitches.

I really don't remember having a hard time with this game when I first played it years ago, so I was either a better gamer or played through on easy auto.

I had the the same issues when I first started playing DMC1 last week. I got absolutely smashed. Just keep at it and your original skills will prevail. I'm kicking a lot more arse in it now, it just takes some time to adjust to it's old school mechanics.

Dave1988

Ladies and Gentlemen, the story of DMC4 is now officially bullshit. :lol

For more info, please see here.

Be warned though, that thread contains massive spoilers both gameplay and story wise.

VaLiancY

Dave1988 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the story of DMC4 is now officialy bullshit. :lol

3156.gif

Draft

Oh no, the story, the story! How could they screw up the carefully nuanced morality tale that is Devil May Cry 1-3?

Draft

Btw even though I do not care about the story in the slightest, I will NOT spoil myself. I will revel in the retardation first hand.

VaLiancY

Dave1988 said:
Yes, I know. DMC was never story heavy but....DMC4 is achieving new lows.

As I read more into this, I kind of agree with you. At least isn't like (DMC2 spoiler)
riding a motorcycle into the depths of hell.
:lol

Edit - As DMC fans nothing will ever make us cringe more then the first game.
Dante holds Trish saying devils never cry.
Even if it was cheesy, Christ I couldn't bear what I heard and saw.

Edit 2 - Found the Youtube link. DMC1 Spoilers. http://youtube.com/watch?v=obPYsLZwhxE

Kyoufu

Draft said:
Btw even though I do not care about the story in the slightest, I will NOT spoil myself. I will revel in the retardation first hand.

Yeah I think I'm going to avoid this thread until I get the game myself and beat it.

DMC's story is fucking great btw :D

Draft

dirtmonkey37 said:
What does this mean? I didn't play SE, so I don't know.
It means that the game will have invisible checkpoints throughout the levels that will allow you to continue if you die. They are usually before boss fights or other tough sections of the level. No replaying Mission nine 10 times because that giant dog thing kicks the shit out of you.
The sheer schlokiness of it all is half the fun.
I agree, a terrible story is a crucial part of any action game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dave1988 said:

Be warned though, that thread contains massive spoilers both gameplay and story wise.

Those guys at the IGN boards are pissed

Dahbomb is a really good friend of mine, but if I see him spinning any of this garbage into good news I will punch him in his ****ing face.

MechaX

Dave1988 said:

HAH. Some of those spoilers are.. wow. They're not killing the hype for me in anyway what so ever (I'm holding back on reading all of the stuff (And watching boss battles)), especially since I seriously did expect Capcom to go with some of the listed stuff.

On the other hand, the IGN community is pretty much on a meltdown phase in that topic.

Dave1988

Mefisutoferesu said:
Ugh, that's depressing... ... let's hope prima is just being horrible like this guy keeps saying. Well, there IS a bright spot! At least the real explanation for Nero is better than that FAKE Gamesradar guy's explanation, which made me wanna puke. So... you know, that's something.

You're in for a suprise :lol

Mamesj

Banned
this kinda sucks:
A:No styles we haven't seen already. Also you don't level the styles. Rather, you buy the levels with Proud Souls. For example Level 2 Sword Master has a base price of 300 proud souls.

I enjoyed leveling styles. oh well, not a huge deal as NG uses the same system for leveling weapons.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Dave1988 said:

Can you explain why it's so flagrantly bad without spoiling the plot? :D I was looking forward to this one's narrative.

ezekial45

Banned
Dave1988 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

What a bunch of whiners.

Dave1988 said:
You're in for a suprise :lol
EXPLAIN NOW OR I WILL BEAT THE EVERLOVING... ... breathe, breathe, haaaaa-huuuuuuuuu haaaaaaaaaaa-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu haaaaaaa-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

If
Nero turns out to be the third son of Sparda and not just some special possesion by Nelo Angelo like the other knights, or reincarnation or whatever,
I will personally fly down to Capcom HQ and shove my copy of the game down Kobayashi's throat.

sol_bad said:
I had the the same issues when I first started playing DMC1 last week. I got absolutely smashed. Just keep at it and your original skills will prevail. I'm kicking a lot more arse in it now, it just takes some time to adjust to it's old school mechanics.

I haven't counted how many times the first boss, lava spider dude, has handed me my ass. I want to punch a bag full of puppies and kittens right now. Go ahead and laugh.

I've figured out what I have to do to beat it, I keep whittling it down to one quarter of its life only to die. Over and over and over. I finally caved and tried the Easy/Auto option and hated it. It does all of your combos for you, dials down the health and damage enemies can deal so far down all the while it dials your health, damage dealing capicity and devil trigger so retardedly high up. It's so...patronizing.

I saved the Auto/Easy on a new file, reset and loaded up my original save file before the boss fight.

Narcosis

Draft said:

I like this method of thinking.

LOL@"story" in DMC games, I guess it was fine art when dante's shop was ravaged by demons in DMC3 and he surfed on one of their bodies while kicking the asses of the other demons and eating pizza at the same time.
Oscar material for sure.

Top Bottom