• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MS can blow me with their gold exclusive bullshit. I believe one can download demos and burn them to disc and it will play on a non-modded 360. I may have to do just that.

Teknoman

slade said:
Sorry, I really don't when a thread begins to approach six pages.

6 pages? Set your settings to show the most posts possible in a topic. Makes keeping track of things ALOT easier. 3 pages for me.

Kyoufu

dralla said:
All Japanese demo's have gone up at 5AMish eastern in the past

Not really. RgG3 Kenzan went up 11am EST.

But yeah, I'm going to bed since I think the demo is coming in roughly 4 hours.

Drewsy

Banned
Not necessary...just learn the combos as they come to you and like any action game you will kick ass towards the end.

MaizeRage25 said:
For a first time DMC player, are there any good online sources for combat tips and other such things?

Yes. Use your head and get rid of God of War from your brain. Mindless two button attack combos need not apply in DMC.

AAK

MaizeRage25 said:
For a first time DMC player, are there any good online sources for combat tips and other such things?

Well something that is mighty useful in combos is jump cancelling. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to do it.

unomas

Banned
Just got my pre-order two days ago, traded in Halo 3 towards it and they gave me 32.50. I haven't played a DMC game since the original on PS2, and I'm definitely looking forward to this.

unomas said:
Just got my pre-order two days ago, traded in Halo 3 towards it and they gave me 32.50. I haven't played a DMC game since the original on PS2, and I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Where'd you trade it in? Just wondering if there are any trade in deals towards this game going on right now because I'm looking to get rid of a few games.

Dahbomb

Excuse C-Warrior and his ... frankness. :/

I will be glad to write a "Guide for newcomers to become proficient at DMC4". It will include basic but generally over looked aspects of the game like Rolling, Jump cancelling, rising Hightimes, extra combo strings, infinites, combo advice and just general staple game play stuff.

Would people like that in the OP or would they like it somewhere else? I can't post it in the OP because I have exceeded the allotted space. :lol

I made a very indepth combat FAQ for DMC3, it is still up on Gamefaqs and IGN. That is if you REALLY want to get into the combat but I don't think most people here would go for that, they just want to know the combat enough so that they can experiment with themselves.

And another thing, we got a new banner! :) Courtesy of G Rom .

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, so I just woke up and I'm really, REALLY tired and really REALLY pumped about DMC4... and now I read this bullshit news? I ask this again: Will I play DMC4 within the last 24 hours if I have a PS3?

YES OR NO.

JUST YES OR NO.

Dahbomb

There are some interesting tidbits in this new preview of DMC4.

It mentions something about manipulating camera angles during cutscenes. I don't know if that's what they actually meant to say but it sure sounded that way.

I don't really know for sure when the demo is coming to be honest but it's supposed to be today. It could come out on Jan31st/Feb1st for US, you never know. I just want it to be over with because quite frankly the demo is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of game play compared to the entire game.

LowParry

unomas said:

Smart man!

Dahbomb

Activision going out and saying that the demo isn't coming out until Jan31st (and that is only for PS3) as opposed to Capcom saying it comes out today for both consoles, most people would take Capcom's word for it.

Activion's statements pretty much only apply to Australia as they are only publishing DMC4 there. No matter what the case, I think everyone by now knows how to make alternate accounts and all that jazz...

Dahbomb said:
Excuse C-Warrior and his ... frankness. :/

I will be glad to write a "Guide for newcomers to become proficient at DMC4". It will include basic but generally over looked aspects of the game like Rolling, Jump cancelling, rising Hightimes, extra combo strings, infinites, combo advice and just general staple game play stuff.

Would people like that in the OP or would they like it somewhere else? I can't post it in the OP because I have exceeded the allotted space. :lol

That would be awesome.

I just really wanted to have a basic level of understanding that would help me when I go to pick the game up for the first time having never played DMC. Not sure how many other people (if any) are in my shoes, but I think it'd be a great help.

Dahbomb

MaizeRage25 said:
That would be awesome.

I just really wanted to have a basic level of understanding that would help me when I go to pick the game up for the first time having never played DMC. Not sure how many other people (if any) are in my shoes, but I think it'd be a great help.
Trust me there are a lot of people in the same shoes as you. We DMC fans will make sure that people get the information they desire because no one here wants to read stuff like "This game sucks.... how do you do these Stinger moves?" :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Seiken said:
Wait, so I just woke up and I'm really, REALLY tired and really REALLY pumped about DMC4... and now I read this bullshit news? I ask this again: Will I play DMC4 within the last 24 hours if I have a PS3?

YES OR NO.

JUST YES OR NO.

I am going to say yes.

Nemesis_

BetrayerBetrayed.com or whatever says that it's 1h15min away.

Oh how I am NOT looking forward to the atrocious download times as the network gets bottlenecked trying to serve ALL of us at once =p

LowParry

MaizeRage25 said:
That would be awesome.

Ya know, for people who are coming into the series for the first time, I think you really should just sit down, button mash all that you can, pick up a few combos along way. Enjoy the game for what it is. Later down the line, get more into the combo feel of things and really start to learn the game. It makes a 2nd or 3rd playthrough a whole hella lot more fun. It's how I started out DMC. But! There is a catch. If you run into bosses where you can't just do the same thing over and over, you'll have to approach the combo, evade, yadda yadda approach. For what it is worth, DMC has always been about the damn fine boss battles. They really make you learn the game and in the end, it's a satisfying end.

LowParry

Nemesis556 said:
BetrayerBetrayed.com or whatever says that it's 1h15min away.

Oh how I am NOT looking forward to the atrocious download times as the network gets bottlenecked trying to serve ALL of us at once =p

360 first I would imagin? PS3 later?

Top Bottom