• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

worthplaying.com

The key word for Devil May Cry 4, then, is "balance." Capcom has learned lessons from its initial breakout hit, to their over-ambitious sequel, to both editions of the third title that restored the series back to its former glory, albeit not without its lumps. All of these lessons culminate in Devil May Cry 4, which actually manages to balance its over-the-top gameplay. Lest we forget, boys and girls — balance means fun.

The difficulty has been balanced. No longer should gamers have to fear for their lives upon entering a new room. Checkpoints are plentiful, enemies are tough but not too tough, and bosses just so. There's no point-saving, though. You're in a mission for the long haul — even if you "save," once you turn off your system, you're back at the beginning of said mission once you turn it back on. If you think the current play level's a cakewalk, you can turn things up a bit for even more challenge

I think I've said enough. Devil May Cry 4 is epic and solid, and it'll be coming your way in two weeks (or the just announced demo tomorrow). Unless you really, really can't stand quality stylish action games, this is definitely one to look forward to.

If that was a preview -- WorthPlaying just side-step the embargo and secretly just did the first Western review. Clever bastards.

4zuhjp.jpg

I don't see no demo :mad:

LowParry

Ah shit, I can't download the JA version. Silver account. Fucking bullshit man.

Edit: Nvm. I'm tiiiiiiired. Downloading now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's up?! Holy CRAAAAAAAP, then it's really confirmed. Hell yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Is it just japan?

fuck it, i'll just check -- peace bitches.

TRY THIS:

/\ (pause-delay) /\ /\ /\ /\

and

/\ /\ (pause - delay) /\ /\ /\ /\

(reset camera via clicking in R3)

I'm out.

Zeke said:
well that fuckin blows I waited for nothing no psn demo on the NA or JP store

Capcom originally stated:

XBL demo Thursday 2 AM

PSN demo Thursday 2 PM

Although it's 1:00 AM here in Pacific time, so maybe everything was bumped by an hour.

EDIT Damn, capcom treating Euro's fairly for once.

Also -- can a MOD EDIT THE TITLE and say (demo is online or something)?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The demo better be up on PSN by the time I get home in 4 hours!

Nemesis_

Content: Devil May Cry 4 demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions - (Gold Members Only)
Dash Text: Is his power that of a demon, or of a god? New main character Nero and his demonic devil bringer add speed and style to the Devil May Cry series! Experience advanced gameplay along with gorgeous cutting-edge graphics. Thanks to the power of the latest graphics hardware, the stylish actions runs at an incredible 60fps so you won't miss a beat This is true next generation entertainment!
Size: 612.75 MB

There's the info from the Australian marketplace. Seems the 360 will be getting the demo before the PS3 in Australia, then.

Also, I'm on 15%. Cannot wait any longer! =(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lame! I'll just download the Xbox 360 version then. I REALLY don't wanna play on the 360 controller, though. :\

C- Warrior said:
Capcom originally stated:

XBL demo Thursday 2 AM

PSN demo Thursday 2 PM

Although it's 1:00 AM here in Pacific time, so maybe everything was bumped by an hour.

EDIT Damn, capcom treating Euro's fairly for once.

Also -- can a MOD EDIT THE TITLE and say (demo is online or something)?

Wait so I stayed up till 4 am for nothing?

o00wg0.gif

Nemesis_

Doesn't seem to be appearing on the Japanese, American or Australian PSN's at all yet. The Australian is a given though, as it was delayed till Feb 1st. Still, this is a kick in the balls for PS3 owners - the franchise was born on the Playstation. Odd, no?

Nemesis556 said:
Doesn't seem to be appearing on the Japanese, American or Australian PSN's at all yet. The Australian is a given though, as it was delayed till Feb 1st. Still, this is a kick in the balls for PS3 owners - the franchise was born on the Playstation. Odd, no?

It's just logistics. They didn't go out of their way just to spite you. Surprisingly, most people ( = all outside GAF ) won't worry about 12 hours.

East Lake

I'm getting the message "This account is not permitted to download content with this rating", I'm 19 by the way. Is there something I can do?

Snah

Banned
thetrin said:
Lame! I'll just download the Xbox 360 version then. I REALLY don't wanna play on the 360 controller, though. :\

download both.

i'm going to download this on PSN later today.

definitely getting the PS3 version though, because I really don't like the 360 controller for action games.

Top Bottom