• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Rimshot

Don't understand why they won't capitalize on the DLC market.

I'm paying 96 dollars to get the PAL collectors edition, would be nice to know that they'd pro long the enjoyment a little more by maybe some extra weapons / levels or mode or whatever.

suzu

1UP: Will there be downloadable content for DMC4 -- extra costumes, missions, etc. -- like there is for Dead Rising and Lost Planet?

HK: Unfortunately, no.

Whaaat?! :[ And I wanted to throw my money at them too...

RyuHayate

C- Warrior said:
who the fuck are...? did capcom even send them review code :lol

since we're posting review scores:

gamepro:

9/10 (4.5/5)

Hobby

91/100

LEVEL magazine

9/10

most of these are european mags since they don't have embargo, but if somebody is going to post a random review from a place I've never heard of, a couple of UK and Swedish magazines should be fair game as well.

From gameplayer review:

"Sounds: Cheesy, but authentic full-cream Jap cheese."

Wow. I can't believe an editor thought it was a good idea to slip a derogatory term into a published game review.

RyuHayate said:
From gameplayer review:

"Sounds: Cheesy, but authentic full-cream Jap cheese."

Wow. I can't believe an editor thought it was a good idea to slip a derogatory term into a published game review.

Considering like 4 people regularly check that website, and an obnoxious DMC4 review is a sure-fire way to get more hits (coughninjagaiden C- cough) I'm not surprised. Let's not encourage it then by making it into a big deal. Deragatory slurs or not.

Pachimari

Well.. the danish magazine - Gamereactor - just gave Devil May Cry 4 a 7/10 as well.

The Good
- challenging and deep.
- Good replay value.

The Bad
- Awful story.
- No auto-save feature.
- chaotic/confusing

Generally he thinks, DMC4 would be better as an end to the series on PlayStation 2.

Darji

Banned
Defuser said:
Stage 4 boss looks like Grandfisher from Bleach.
Wow Nice^^

By the way: Where is the new bleach ep. I tried to download ep 158 from db but that was only the old naruto ep.....

Defuser

But defeating it gets a kinda crappy upgrade which lets you know where are the secret missions located or hidden red orbs when you're near it.

ElyrionX

Defuser said:
Luckily I leave in South East Asia, The R3 DMC4 comes out the same day as Japan,so I snagged myself a copy!! :lol

If I didn't have to work late today, I would have went out to buy a PS3 just to play DMC4 early.

Lince

Banned
to those of you already playing the retail build... where are the impressions? I've been reading through some other forums and it seems that there's some nasty slowdown in the PS3 ver specially during cut-scenes, is that so bad?

Defuser

Lince said:
to those of you already playing the retail build... where are the impressions? I've been reading through some other forums and it seems that there's some nasty slowdown in the PS3 ver specially during cut-scenes, is that so bad?
Yes,it's quite choppy at some parts of it.

deepbrown

C- Warrior said:
who the fuck are...? did capcom even send them review code :lol

since we're posting review scores:

gamepro:

9/10 (4.5/5)

Hobby

91/100

LEVEL magazine

9/10

most of these are european mags since they don't have embargo, but if somebody is going to post a random review from a place I've never heard of, a couple of UK and Swedish magazines should be fair game as well.

Well i think we can ignore Gamepro - they have no cred. Don't forget to add GamerTV - 6/10

deepbrown

nelsonroyale said:
eh, at the end he asserts that NG 2 is destined to be unbelieveable....as someone who found NG sigma to be a solid game with a lot of last gen design...NG 2 doesnt look that big of a step up. Upgraded, but more of teh same for fans. Kind of like this.
Sigma IS a remake of a last gen game. DMC4 is a "next-gen" game, not a remake.

deepbrown said:
Sigma IS a remake of a last gen game. DMC4 is a "next-gen" game, not a remake.

No I was commenting that while DMC4 doesnt look to break too much new ground, neither does NG 2.... doesnt mean the games wont be good. Look at fighting games, they have advanced the genre even less.

Im picking up DMC4, I think it looks great.

deepbrown

nelsonroyale said:
No I was commenting that while DMC4 doesnt look to break too much new ground, neither does NG 2.... doesnt mean the games wont be good. Look at fighting games, they have advanced the genre even less.

How do you know NG2 won't break new ground?

Feindflug

antiloop said:
All PAL TVs support 720p which is the optimal resolution anyway according to ND.

I know that all PAL LCD HDTVs and even some latest HD CRT models support 720p (like my sister's Philips CRT which downscales 720p to 576p) but the better result is still with 1080i on the HD CRTs and 1080p LCD TVs.

Feindflug

nelsonroyale said:

QFT!

I can see DMC4 getting mixed reviews like DMC3 by some stupid reviewers that are looking for an epic story in a game like DMC or some n00bs/button mashers that will play the game on human mode and still cry about how hard the game is...the game is definitely day one purchase for me and I don't give a *bleep* about reviews.

God Hand which was one of my favourite games last-gen and got a 75% average on gamerankings and IGN gave the game the epic 3/10...does that change the fact that God Hand is one of the best action games evar? I don't think so.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN...

yep, Im not Looking or watching ANY new DMC4 media, no spoilers for me, Thank you

i wanna be fresh for next Week, play through it, then react.

I'll go through some reviews yes(GT, IGN, 1Up) but.... i ready for the game now

..sorry Blim:D

Dazzyman

Uncharted PAL has 1080i ripped out they didnt get time to add it (I have PAL version and it wont 100% work in 1080i via unchecking it goes to 480p and Im also using a JPN PS3 with a Sony X 1080p telly). Sigma will scale to 1080p but you loose all detail ie it goes blurry so best at 720p

Ive ordered both versions 360 and PS3, got Asian PS3 coming and buying CE percy pal 360 but I had a feeling it would be 720p only on PS3. Thats not an issue for me for me its whichever sounds the best (more bothered if the PS3 has 7.1) and best pad for playing personally with my bad hands. Why am I doing this, because I adore 3 and will be quite happy finishing it on one machine and starting a new game on the other. Whichever I then find the best for me will be the other one getting sold. I need the best and the badge on the console doesnt come into it for me :D

Does anyone know if DMC is native 1080p anyway or scaled?

Dazzyman

Well if its scaled it will be better at 720p on both 360 and PS3 so their shouldnt be any problem for all owners of either machine.

UK PAL tellys if its 720p set it will do 720p and 1080i if its a 1080p set it will do all 3.

They stole the
Toad
boss fight straight out of Ratchet and Clank TOD!

Just kidding. But there are some strong similarities.

The PS3 accomplisments system seems actually decent. You can see the time and dates of when you achived a particular accomplisments. And also you can see the accomplisments of anyone on your friends list.

Zzoram

PuppetMaster said:
They stole the
Toad
boss fight straight out of Ratchet and Clank TOD!

Just kidding. But there are some strong similarities.

The PS3 accomplisments system seems actually decent. You can see the time and dates of when you achived a particular accomplisments. And also you can see the accomplisments of anyone on your friends list.

You can see the date of yours/others achievements as well. Just saying, since you sound especially impressed by it.

Dazzyman said:
UK PAL tellys if its 720p set it will do 720p and 1080i if its a 1080p set it will do all 3.
There are a bunch of old HDTVs (mainly CRT) that never supported 720p, only 1080i. It's these that are having the problems.

SpokkX

Defuser said:

Does this refer to ingame choppiness or just the cutscenes?

If the Ps3 version has framerate-problems ingame I will go buy it for 360..

Defuser

SpokkX said:
Does this refer to ingame choppiness or just the cutscenes?

If the Ps3 version has framerate-problems ingame I will go buy it for 360..
Just the cutscenes, the gameplay is really smooth.

Rolf NB

Feindflug said:
I know that all PAL LCD HDTVs and even some latest HD CRT models support 720p (like my sister's Philips CRT which downscales 720p to 576p) but the better result is still with 1080i on the HD CRTs and 1080p LCD TVs.
Wrong on both fronts for a 60fps game such as DMC4. Wrong either way concerning native 1080p displays. Also, if it does 1080i but not 720p, it's probably not an HDTV to begin with. Widescreen aspect and component inputs do not automatically make a device high-def.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, right. So I just jumped over 3 pages of FUCKING SPOILERS.

I don't know what's going on and I'm happy about it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Defuser said:
I'll never understand why they simply didn't lock the cutscenes to 30 fps. As far as I saw they never go below 30 fps but it changes like crazy between 60 and 30 so all the smoothness of motion is destroyed. And since it looks like they did lock the 360 version to 30 fps, I simply don't get it at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lIlJWcGHU.jpg

RPwLfkWUn.jpg

I've noticed it occasionally switching back and forth from 60 to 30 fps too.

I don't know if this is actually better than screen tearing or worse! Maybe they should have put a toggle switch in the options menus so players could make their own choice on the matter.

I'm glad the 60fps mode is in there though. Because when it looks good, it looks damn good.

Top Bottom