• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Lightning

Banned
Mugen said:
Yes you can replay normal all you want like a wuss so you can buy all special moves. There are no stats. You only get new or upgraded moves and they carry over to any difficulty. Load times are lightning quick on PS3.
Like a wuss? Given the extra difficulty on the harder modes in this game that feature is most important. I like a challenge, beat DMD mode on all 3 DMC games, but DMC4 looks to have raised the bar a few steps in the difficulty.

Also, it helps to go through Bloody Palace fully powered otherwise it can get really difficult.

And very pleased to hear about the loading times.

Bebpo

Banned
ElyrionX said:
That's news to me.

Something else I need to know. Does Dante and Nero share red, blue and DT orbs? For example, I've already bought three blue orbs for Nero and expanded his health bar. If my the game switches to Dante, will Dante have the expanded healthb as well? Or do I have to refarm red orbs and repurchase everything again for him?

Yeah. Everything carries over and the proud souls get refunded for Dante to use.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I just spoiled myself a little bit, but it was awesome.

after you protect Kyrie during the credits you get the secret cutscene, its dante/trish/lady getting a phonecall and taking on a new job, so awesome.

How high do you guys think the chance is for a DMC5? It better come dammit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz, can I read the spoiler tag without you know... really getting spoiled >_>?

Mamesj

Banned
Tiduz said:
I just spoiled myself a little bit, but it was awesome.

after you protect Kyrie during the credits you get the secret cutscene, its dante/trish/lady getting a phonecall and taking on a new job, so awesome.

How high do you guys think the chance is for a DMC5? It better come dammit.

Unless this game bombs somehow, I'm sure we'll see 5 this gen. Even if it bombs, Capcom would still give it another chance since it's normally a solid franchise.

Seiken said:
Tiduz, can I read the spoiler tag without you know... really getting spoiled >_>?

Seems like a fairly large spoiler, but I have no idea what you consider spoilers. Some people got pissed about finding out that Luigi is in SMG ;)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Seiken said:

its a secret ending, not any plot spoilers at all. I would almost call it an easter egg.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mamesj said:
Unless this game bombs somehow, I'm sure we'll see 5 this gen. Even if it bombs, Capcom would still give it another chance since it's normally a solid franchise.
PS3 version sold 130k first day (Japan), no?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Seiken said:
PS3 version sold 130k first day (Japan), no?

Sure did. It should do better numbers first week than DMC3, and that's just the PS3 version by itself. It did another 30K on X360 in Japan first day. Both had a 60% sell-through on the first day.

Mamesj

Banned
Tiduz said:
its a secret ending, not any plot spoilers at all. I would almost call it an easter egg.

Oh wait, just read the spoiler. If that scene wasn't in there to get you all hot and bothered about 5, then I don't know what is. :lol

4 player DMC confirmed! jk.

Yoshichan

Tiduz said:
Just read it, I got goosebumps all over my body. That is so awesome. So awesome!

EDIT: (NO SPOILERS, REALLY!)
DMC5 confirmed!

Mamesj

Banned
Seiken said:
Just read it, I got goosebumps all over my body. That is so awesome. So awesome!

Hopefully, now that they all have their family issues sorted out, they can go back to taking normal kick ass jobs without all the drama :lol

Yoshichan

Mamesj said:
Hopefully, now that they all have their family issues sorted out, they can go back to taking normal kick ass jobs without all the drama :lol
I want my DMC-drama, you know :(.

Mrbob

C- Warrior said:
140,000 - PS3
30,000 - 360

((((

170,000 first day not too shabby at all, especially considering Smash came out same day.

Iirc DMC3 did 173,000 its first week, so DMC4 sales almost matched DMC3 on day one.

Well that confirms it -- so what do you want in your DMC5 guys?

Maybe it should turn into a FPS, to satisfy those 'journalists' that want 'innovation.'

Mrbob

We need more first person games! Everything should be a first person game from now on. Can't get enough mmmmmmmmmm yeah.

I hope Ninja Gaiden 2 can at least break 100K in Japan. :/

Yoshichan

Mrbob said:
Iirc DMC3 did 173,000 its first week, so DMC4 sales almost matched DMC3 on day one.

90 million (?) PS2, DMC3 173k first week.
5 million (?) PS3, DMC4 140 first day.

DMC5 confirmed, for real.

Mrbob said:
We need more first person games! Everything should be a first person game from now on. Can't get enough mmmmmmmmmm yeah.

A new FPS is equivalent to a new roster update.

Yoshichan

Mrbob said:
How much did the original sell (Xbox)?

Mrbob

In Japan about 90K. Perhaps it creeped up over 100K by now but I doubt it. Most of the games sales were in the USA.

Yoshichan

Mrbob said:
In Japan about 90K. Perhaps it creeped up over 100K by now but I doubt it. Most of the games sales were in the USA.
Damn... that's really bad.

Yoshichan

C- Warrior said:
I think Dead or Alive Boob Volleyball sold more, now isn't that retarded.
Fully normal in Japan...

Japanese%2520guy.jpg

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
The "new job" from the ending phone call is just Dante being called to investigate the corporation from DMC2.

Ice cream, daisies, clouds, and sugar sweet cotton candy NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Lightning

Banned
Seiken said:
90 million (?) PS2, DMC3 173k first week.
5 million (?) PS3, DMC4 140 first day.

DMC5 confirmed, for real.
Yep. The PS3 userbase has come through for DMC4. It's nice to see and should give 3rd parties renewed confidence that their games are going to sell.

Yoshichan

Hahaha, jaundicejuice!

You might wanna spoiler that, rainer516 :eek: You never know!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DMC5 -- dante gets a haircut and accepts a job that sends him to mars where he stumbles onto a portal that sends him to hell to meet sparda, but it turns out that sparda is actually the cyberdemon from doom

Yoshichan

Edit it, quick! :lol

Oh, and Y2Kev :lol :lol

Spider Mastermind > Cyberdemon though >_>

reilo

Mrbob said:

Don't listen to this guy he doesn't know what he is talking about. DMC4 PS3 did 140K first DAY.

Mrbob

reilo said:
Don't listen to this guy he doesn't know what he is talking about. DMC4 PS3 did 140K first DAY.

I'm talking about Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

N00B.

I always wanted to say n00b like that! Woo!

As an aside, my Gamestop called me and said they might not have enough PS3 versions to cover my preorder. I preordered too late. I might have to get the 360 version now if I want it day and date. I want to play this game with the DS3 but I'll deal if I have too. I'm not waiting.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
reilo said:

That's pretty good. :D DMC4 (PS3) should be in the top 10 hopefully.

Mrbob said:

N00B.

As an aside, my Gamestop called me and said they might not have enough PS3 versions to cover my preorder. I preordered too late. I might have to get the 360 version now if I want it day and date. I want to play this game with the DS3 but I'll deal if I have too.

What? Which gamestop is this? Hopefully not the one in Boston. I want my DMC4 on PS3 dammit!

reilo

Mrbob said:

N00B.

As an aside, my Gamestop called me and said they might not have enough PS3 versions to cover my preorder. I preordered too late. I might have to get the 360 version now if I want it day and date. I want to play this game with the DS3 but I'll deal if I have too.

Then say that :lol!

Logic tells me that in a thread about DMC4, you were talking about a DMC game sales.

neojubei said:

It should be Top 2 behind SSBB.

Yoshichan

neojubei said:
That really depends on how many Pokémon games gonna be released this week.

LowParry

Mrbob said:

N00B.

As an aside, my Gamestop called me and said they might not have enough PS3 versions to cover my preorder. I preordered too late. I might have to get the 360 version now if I want it day and date. I want to play this game with the DS3 but I'll deal if I have too. I'm not waiting.

Ya know, Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, etc. are very good alternatives :D

Mrbob said:

N00B.

It's really not that bad with the 360 controller.

I still plan on changing target lock to right trigger, instead of right bumper.

Bebpo

Banned
C- Warrior said:
It's really not that bad with the 360 controller.

I still plan on changing target lock to right trigger, instead of right bumper.

I think Nero will be fine on the X360 controller. He plays slower and doesn't have a lot of theatrics with hitting all sorts of buttons.

Dante though...yeah, I can't see it. Doing style changes mid-combo with the shitty X360 d-pad and all the weapon changing with the long-pull-in triggers and all the quick attacks with the big face buttons... >_<

Top Bottom