• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
C- Warrior said:
It's really not that bad with the 360 controller.

I still plan on changing target lock to right trigger, instead of right bumper.
In 30 minutes of playing...there is no difference since your use to it then:lol

28vwp50.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mrbob said:
I'm talking about Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

N00B.

I always wanted to say n00b like that! Woo!

As an aside, my Gamestop called me and said they might not have enough PS3 versions to cover my preorder. I preordered too late. I might have to get the 360 version now if I want it day and date. I want to play this game with the DS3 but I'll deal if I have too. I'm not waiting.

Its hard to believe they wont have enough for PS3 pre-orders unless Capcom is under shipping the PS3 version. I better get my Collector's Edition, hopefully on Tuesday. The circular for best buy says they will get the game Wednesday after 2pm and Target's one says Wednesday after 4pm. Most likely Gamestop will have it on Tuesday, since they get the game before most retailers.

Feindflug

C- Warrior said:
It's really not that bad with the 360 controller.

I still plan on changing target lock to right trigger, instead of right bumper.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm used to it right now and somewhat I think that changing target lock to the right trigger may be bad for playing with Dante as changing weapons with RB doesn't sound right - anyway after playing the 360 demo to death I'm fine with RB as the target lock. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
C- Warrior said:
28vwp50.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol

PLEASE, SOMEONE DO THIS BUT WITH A "FAILED" IN THE END!

Bebpo

Banned
Hmm...Son of Sparda mode is awesome. The difficulty seems spot on like it should have been on normal. It's also nice because the first level goes from sucking to one of the best levels in the game :D

Son of Sparda seems to me like:
--You take about the same amount of damage per hit
--Enemies have about the same amount of health (maybe a tad bit more)
BUT
--Enemies are far more aggressive
--Enemy type placement is changed so they're are hard enemy types from the start

Basically plays very fair and not too difficult but since the enemies actually attack and you fight a lot of tougher enemies all the time, it's more challenging and fun and you gotta stay on your toes. Bosses don't seem different from what I can tell. Maybe they're slightly faster.

Also I thought someone said you can't kill enemies unless you had A-rank in SoS? Because there's no requirement for that at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bebpo said:
Hmm...Son of Sparda mode is awesome. The difficulty seems spot on like it should have been on normal. It's also nice because the first level goes from sucking to one of the best levels in the game :D

Son of Sparda seems to me like:
--You take about the same amount of damage per hit
--Enemies have about the same amount of health (maybe a tad bit more)
BUT
--Enemies are far more aggressive
--Enemy type placement is changed so they're are hard enemy types from the start

Basically plays very fair and not too difficult but since the enemies actually attack and you fight a lot of tougher enemies all the time, it's more challenging and fun and you gotta stay on your toes. Bosses don't seem different from what I can tell. Maybe they're slightly faster.

Also I thought someone said you can't kill enemies unless you had A-rank in SoS? Because there's no requirement for that at all.
Keep us informed with fact please. That's better than bullshit rumors from GameFAQs.

I don't want to start some system warz bullshit but is the loading time on PS3 really non-existant? It's basically the difference for me in choosing it over the 360 version.

DevelopmentArrested said:
I don't want to start some system warz bullshit but is the loading time on PS3 really non-existant? It's basically the difference for me in choosing it over the 360 version.

Did you play the demo.

It should be around like that.

ElyrionX

IMO, the loads are still noticeable on the PS3.

Bebpo said:
SoS I think just requires an A to beat the level, its Hell or Hell that needs SSS to kill enemies.

Mamesj

Banned
Y2Kev said:
DMC5 -- dante gets a haircut and accepts a job that sends him to mars where he stumbles onto a portal that sends him to hell to meet sparda, but it turns out that sparda is actually the cyberdemon from doom

What? That's fucking insane and would never be canon...there's just no way Dante would ever get a haircut.

Darkflight said:
SoS I think just requires an A to beat the level, its Hell or Hell that needs SSS to kill enemies.

whoa. you better get a coupon for a free blowjob if you beat Hell or Hell. I rarely ever hit the highest combo meter levels.

Yoshichan

So what's Heaven or Hell?

Bebpo

Banned
Darkflight said:

Nope. I'm getting S/A/B/C ranks on levels and I keep moving on. There are no style requirements for SoS it seems.

Which is good, because I have no interest in modes that have weird reqs like that. I just want to play the game normally but on a challenging difficulty and SoS gives that.

The enemies definitely have more health in SoS, and actually they might be doing more damage as well. It's like a whole different game on SoS. Like the frosts for instance, on Devil Hunter they might as well be grunts as they pose no threat and are just there for you to beat on them.

On Son of Sparda mode though, if you're in a small hallway with a few frosts YOU CAN DIE. You really have to learn their patterns and learn how to fight one of them while not getting owned by the others. It's a lot more fun since you actually have to get good against enemy types.

I'm not that far in, but so far I think SoS should have been the default difficulty level, or at least selectable from the start.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i really loathe this business of locking away difficultly levels -- sos sounds like a better experience. i mean, if you want to lock away the gimmicky superhard difficulties, fine, but let us have an optimal experience the first time.

stotch

Banned

Ign took a stopwatch to their preview builds and got .8 seconds for the PS3, 1.2 for the 360, but the opening cutscene took 3 times as long to load. About 5-10 for PS3 15-20 for 360.

Bebpo

Banned
hteng said:
SoS gets friggin annoying at the dice game, be warn you fight one of the
bosses
in there lol.

So the 1st dice game becomes more like the 2nd one?
Or do you mean that everytime it lands on red you have to fight a boss in the room?

I just beat the snow toad. Was pretty intense on SoS.

Singho

Loving the demo, still playing it when I get a free moment. :) Been trying to get the jump cancels to work and all I can ever manage is to get a fraction of the hangtime that was seen in Tatsu's vid on youtube, or that rediculous video where Nero takes a Frost high up into the air within seconds on Gametrailers. (can't find vid now)

The routine is to Devil Bringer, Slash, Jump, Devil Bringer, Slash, Jump...right? I assume throughout this whole routine you have to hold RB too?

Some help appreciated although I'm sure it will be pointless when the demo comes out and you can get Nero to Air Hike\Devil Bringer enemies up for combos. But it would be nice to know how exactly it's done on the demo so I can kill some time before release over in the UK on Friday.

rainer516 said:
The "new job" from the ending phone call is just Dante being called to investigate the corporation from DMC2.

Ice cream, daisies, clouds, and sugar sweet cotton candy NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
:|

So DMC5 takes place after 2 and either after Dante's return so that he at least co-stars in 5, or they use DMC2 transitition to officially and finally oust Dante and make Nero the main and only character in 5? Ah, Capcom, you're oh so clever.

gconsole

Huh? I don't see any relationship between DMC4 secret ending and DMC2 story. It's just the phone call from the customer with password. The exactly same ending as first DMC. Please , we must keep ignore DMC2 existance.

gconsole said:
Huh? I don't see any relationship between DMC4 secret ending and DMC2 story. It's just the phone call from the customer with password. The exactly same ending as first DMC. Please , we must keep ignore DMC2 existance.
Oh, thank goodness!! Geez, someone punch rainer.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Snaku said:
Mustn't....highlight...

There is no point to, it is all nonsense.

Now where can I find replicas of Dante's, Nero's and Vergil's swords. I want to hang them on my wall.

Defuser

Bebpo said:
I'm not that far in, but so far I think SoS should have been the default difficulty level, or at least selectable from the start.
They don't want to scare new comers away. DMC3 NA version did a very good job at that.

hteng

Banned
Bebpo said:
So the 1st dice game becomes more like the 2nd one?
Or do you mean that everytime it lands on red you have to fight a boss in the room?

I just beat the snow toad. Was pretty intense on SoS.

yes, you fight the toad again in one of the red circles, the closer you get to the destination the higher the chances are, i think the last few circles are 100% boss fights. I was really annoyed coz the toad was tough as hell if you have to fight it twice in a roll.

Bebpo

Banned
hteng said:
yes, you fight the toad again in one of the red circles, the closer you get to the destination the higher the chances are, i think the last few circles are 100% boss fights. I was really annoyed coz the toad was tough as hell if you have to fight it twice in a roll.

Is there any good strategy to get him dizzy on SoS? I never got a single devil bringer attack on him. Even with DT out and hitting him a bunch of times after he missed a leap at me, it didn't dizzy him to the point of having his mouth open to grab the tongue.

Defuser said:
They don't want to scare new comers away. DMC3 NA version did a very good job at that.

Well I meant default devil hunter. There should have been easy mode for newcomers and then SoS should've been the mode for DMC players.

hteng

Banned
Bebpo said:
Is there any good strategy to get him dizzy on SoS? I never got a single devil bringer attack on him. Even with DT out and hitting him a bunch of times after he missed a leap at me, it didn't dizzy him to the point of having his mouth open to grab the tongue.

same here, i've no idea, i've only got him dizzy once, when he's near death. Then again I only hit him from the sides and never up front,i think you do more damage upfront or slightly above his head but you risk getting eaten. I always keep my DT available just in case i'm eaten or frozen (can break free by activating DT).

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
stotch said:
Ign took a stopwatch to their preview builds and got .8 seconds for the PS3, 1.2 for the 360, but the opening cutscene took 3 times as long to load. About 5-10 for PS3 15-20 for 360.

Wow, so the difference is .4 seconds? Wow...

I'm getting the PS3 version, but the differences are seeming less and less significant.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Mefisutoferesu said:
Oh, thank goodness!! Geez, someone punch rainer.

WHY I OUGHTA!!!! Just you wait and see, DMC5 will be Nero plus the chick from DMC2 and no Dante or something. I mean, I tried to ignore half of the Megaman series, but it comes back to haunt me almost every year.

Defuser

Bebpo said:
Im sure you have to hit him constantly enough to dizzy,maybe you didn't do enough damage per dizzy.

DeadGzuz

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Wow, so the difference is .4 seconds? Wow...

I'm getting the PS3 version, but the differences are seeming less and less significant.

Consider the constant DVD noise from the 360 and you find out the time is the lesser of the concerns.

lupinko said:
Did anyone mention yet that the game is only actually 640p?

Multiplatform am fail. =x

Except that it isn't.

Try to find a more credible source other than some random blog site.

If on the other hand -- AVS forums brings it up, then we have something to talk about.

It's 720p native.

lupinko

C- Warrior said:
Except that it isn't.

Try to find a more credible source other than some random blog site.

If on the other hand -- AVS forums brings it up, then we have something to talk about.

It's 720p native.

I just wanted confirmation about that, because after reading that guy's blog and how he said his source was a press release, I ended up looking for the Capcom Europe press release on its site and I couldn't find it.

:lol AVS is the last place I want confirmation from, you should try again yourself after bringing up them.

Top Bottom