• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

JoeFenix

From watching gyoru play the 360 version, I can see that they didn't fix the frost monster shaders....

Lame lame lame, unless he was playing a preview build, which I doubt.

Just feels sloppy.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
WrikaWrek said:
Nero is pretty awesome.

Sure is not as cool as the badass cocky Dante or as the badass less talkin more killin Hayabusa, but as far as emolandia goes, Nero is awesome, better than Kratos in my book.

Yea, like, I don't get why people keep calling him Emo. He's pissed off more than anything, and going through everything to get his girl back. He's awesome.

Kratos...lol. Thats the definition of emo. lolz

ShinAmano

Don't know if has been said already, but Circuit City is giving a $10 gift card with purchase of either version for both systems.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sucks we have to wait for wednesday, maybe if only video games can do the same thing that can get dvds on shelves on tuesdays or just make the official shelf date wednesday instead of tuesday. Well i guess one more day won't hurt.

Kratos is as emo as a vicious wildcat tearing into the flesh of his meal. Why is Kratos coming up for discussion?

ShinAmano said:
Don't know if has been said already, but Circuit City is giving a $10 gift card with purchase of either version for both systems.

I might just cancel my pre-order with EB since i have the artbook already.

Kyoufu said:
The music during the statue menu is AMAZING!

Just like in DMC3. Kudos Capcom, kudos.

Are there any mp3 samples of that? I love menu/save music like that, especially in Resident Evil. It's so nice to have a hardcore gaming session and then be treated to awesome music like that.

Kyoufu

brandonh83 said:
Are there any mp3 samples of that? I love menu/save music like that, especially in Resident Evil. It's so nice to have a hardcore gaming session and then be treated to awesome music like that.

If there was, I would've posted it. Everyone needs to hear it. I think I'm going to leave it on the statue menu when I'm browsing GAF/not playing the game. God its great.

Kyoufu said:
If there was, I would've posted it. Everyone needs to hear it. I think I'm going to leave it on the statue menu when I'm browsing GAF/not playing the game. God its great.

oh damn I'm so pumped to hear it.

maskrider

Woohoo ! Finally got the Story Theater Epilogue 02 and successfully used Buster Counter on the final boss once, the timing is quite hard since I need to cater for my input lag.

And "Prequel doesn't mean you can be a newbie".

29lod2p.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone have that recap video during the PS3's hard drive install (in english)? I'm playing on 360 and want a little refresher course before I begin.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
hteng said:
na, you either continue or retry the mission. If you continue, your score will only include the boss fight, not the whole mission, and you get penalties which means less style points.

the check points are scarce actually, if you die in boss fights you will always continue before the boss fight but if you die in the middle of the mission, you might start from the begining or somewhere far away.
Good to hear. The thing that really annoyed me about DMC3 was how you had to start the mission again if you die on the boss, so I'm glad they've changed it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
maskrider said:
Woohoo ! Finally got the Story Theater Epilogue 02 and successfully used Buster Counter on the final boss once, the timing is quite hard since I need to cater for my input lag.

And "Prequel doesn't mean you can be a newbie".

http://i27.tinypic.com/29lod2p.jpg[/QUOTE]

i dont get the prequel bit, wasnt that for DMC3? :lol OR THIS IS THE PREQUEL TO DMC5, NEROS STORY. ZOMFG ASDSAFSAFD.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tiduz said:
i dont get the prequel bit, wasnt that for DMC3? :lol OR THIS IS THE PREQUEL TO DMC5, NEROS STORY. ZOMFG ASDSAFSAFD.

no it's prequel to DMC2 , the mute dude in DMC2 was infact Nero not Dante :lol that why he was emo

Totobeni said:
no it's prequel to DMC2 , the silent dude in DMC2 was infact Nero not Dante :lol that why he was emo

I've spent years flushing DMC2 out of my mind, so please... what silent dude? I do not remember.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
brandonh83 said:
I've spent years flushing DMC2 out of my mind, so please... what silent dude? I do not remember.

Dante :p

Manp said:
it's out this Friday, we've been lucky this time!

:)

shipped or in stores? if we have to wait till monday that would suck donkeyballs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz said:
shipped or in stores? if we have to wait till monday that would suck donkeyballs.
:O Where you from Tiduz?

Totobeni said:
no it's prequel to DMC2 , the mute dude in DMC2 was infact Nero not Dante :lol that why he was emo
Wait, now I'm confused... is this the correct timeline:

DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC2 > DMC1

???

Manp

Tiduz said:

i'd say Friday you'll be able to find it in stores... maybe before if it goes as usual.

GremlinInTheMachine said:
I have one of the most important questions to ask in history of existence.

Can Nero air dash?
Sadly, not really, though he can yank himself through the air with his arm when necessary. However, Dante can air dash twice when he is DTed, if that makes you feel better, and Nero can still double jump when he learns Air Hike.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Seiken said:

Netherlands :p

Manp said:
i'd say Friday you'll be able to find it in stores... maybe before if it goes as usual.

I see, i used a thing called rembours since my local gameshops where out of CE's, i had to do it trough the internets, hope it comes thursday so i get it on friday then :p

ElyrionX

GremlinInTheMachine said:
I have one of the most important questions to ask in history of existence.

Can Nero air dash?

He can't perform an air dash in the traditional sense but he is able to purchase an ability that allows him to perform Streak (aka Stinger) in mid-air so it is somewhat of an air dash I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ElyrionX said:
He can't perform an air dash in the traditional sense but he is able to purchase an ability that allows him to perform Streak (aka Stinger) in mid-air so it is somewhat of an air dash I guess.
Hype +1000

Synless

Seiken said:

Wait, now I'm confused... is this the correct timeline:

DMC3 > DMC4 > DMC2 > DMC1

???
I thought it was DMC3, then DMC1, then DMC4 and then finally DMC2.....I'm pretty sure thats the timeline. In fact, it has to be right.

ElyrionX said:
holy shit

Yoshichan

Synless said:
I thought it was DMC3, then DMC1, then DMC4 and then finally DMC2.....I'm pretty sure thats the timeline. In fact, it has to be right.
Oh... can someone confirmed?

Picked the game up today. The opening is great. I'm only up to stage 3 though, which is about 45 minutes in. Playing human mode, non auto since I haven't played this series since the first game. It seems even easier than the demo. In the demo I had trouble beating the boss all the time yet in the retail release I beat that boss on my first try and I barely took any damage.

Yoshichan

neojubei said:
its true.
So Dante was first a brat. Then he turned into a quiet & kinda cool guy. Afterwards he turned into a talkative cool guy. Then he turned emo. Wtf.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Seiken said:
So Dante was first a brat. Then he turned into a quiet & kinda cool guy. Afterwards he turned into a talkative cool guy. Then he turned emo. Wtf.

He did talk some smack in dmc1. DMC2 well...

dralla

Wednesday.

anyone know If I can use the $10 giftcard on DMC4? or does it have to be a seperate purchase? circuit city of course

080203_11_5vmfs.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Picked the game up today. The opening is great. I'm only up to stage 3 though, which is about 45 minutes in. Playing human mode, non auto since I haven't played this series since the first game. It seems even easier than the demo. In the demo I had trouble beating the boss all the time yet in the retail release I beat that boss on my first try and I barely took any damage.

The demo was devil hunter difficulty.

Top Bottom