• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Bebpo

Banned
Lostconfused said:
Wait, WHAT? Since when?

Since grunts didn't die in a single buster in the demo like they do in human and since playing the first level+boss on DH felt 100% identical to the demo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bebpo said:
The demo was devil hunter difficulty.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :(

I don't want my first DMC4 run to be shit easy. For FUCK SAKE CAPCOM!

So you don't have to have auto-lock turned on in Human mode?

I beat the first DMC on the standard difficulty, but on DMC3 I could never beat the Vampire chick; even on baby difficulty on the SE version. I find the DMC4 demo really easy, but I'm worried that 6 hours into the game I'm going to get stuck and have to restart on Human mode. The auto-lock mode on Human difficulty sounded like way too much.

Synless

dralla said:
Can someone who has beaten DH mode on PS3 upload their save file? This way I can play my first time on Hard mode
I too, would like someone to do this. I don't want my run through the game to be easy.

Bebpo

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
So you don't have to have auto-lock turned on in Human mode?

I beat the first DMC on the standard difficulty, but on DMC3 I could never beat the Vampire chick; even on baby difficulty on the SE version. I find the DMC4 demo really easy, but I'm worried that 6 hours into the game I'm going to get stuck and have to restart on Human mode. The auto-lock mode on Human difficulty sounded like way too much.

Everyone should play on Devil Hunter.

Capcom took many steps to make sure it was impossible to get stuck on DH:
-If you die and continue a few times it handicaps the enemies/bosses by making them easier
-You get proud souls each time you die to buy new moves when you continue
-The continue usually starts you in the room before the boss with enemies so you can grind red orbs to buy items
-You can buy a ridiculous amount of items. 30 full HP restoring items.

So yeah, even if a boss gets too hard for you, you can just buy a green star L-size or try the handicapped version until you can beat it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dralla said:
Can someone who has beaten DH mode on PS3 upload their save file? This way I can play my first time on Hard mode
Yes please! Bebpo totally ruined it for me.

Bebpo

Banned
Lince said:
it's like Ratchet / Uncharted standard dif. mode all over again

I wouldn't say that. Ratchet was a joke, but Uncharted seemed ok. I mean while DH is generally easy-going, I still died a few times on each boss. Then again I died on Berial the first few times on the demo until I got his patterns down.

Elios83

Bebpo said:
The demo was devil hunter difficulty.

Really?
I thought the demo was quite unbalanced, the puppet enemis were totally dumb, almost AI-less, the ice monsters were a bit harder to kill, Berial was the only challenge in the demo.

Does the game allow to change the difficulty setting according to how you're playing it?

Mamesj

Banned
Bebpo said:
Everyone should play on Devil Hunter.

Capcom took many steps to make sure it was impossible to get stuck on DH:
-If you die and continue a few times it handicaps the enemies/bosses by making them easier
-You get proud souls each time you die to buy new moves when you continue
-The continue usually starts you in the room before the boss with enemies so you can grind red orbs to buy items
-You can buy a ridiculous amount of items. 30 full HP restoring items.

So yeah, even if a boss gets too hard for you, you can just buy a green star L-size or try the handicapped version until you can beat it.

That's great for newer players...but wow. Can someone who beat DH on the 360 upload their...oh, right...stupid 360. *shakes fist at MS*

Bebpo

Banned
Elios83 said:
Really?
I thought the demo was quite unbalanced, the puppet enemis were totally dumb, almost AI-less, the ice monsters were a bit harder to kill, Berial was the only challenge in the demo.

Does the game allow to change the difficulty setting according to how you're playing it?

That's how DH is: Grunts stand still, bosses are challenging, a few enemy types are aggressive.

the next difficulty son of sparda is: All enemies are aggressive, bosses are challenging.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I3rand0 said:
Yes this is correct. They never made a DMC 2, they just skipped ahead and made 3.

They thought like Itagaki. Why call it DMC2? We should be calling it DMC3, and they did it.

And that's what shall be written in the history books.

Elios83

Bebpo said:
That's how DH is: Grunts stand still, bosses are challenging, a few enemy types are aggressive.

the next difficulty son of sparda is: All enemies are aggressive, bosses are challenging.

And the Human(easy) setting?Seems it will be really easy so not worth to be considered.

Danielsan

Bebpo said:

Ughh seriously? Guess I'll have to quickly slice my way through DH to get to the real difficulties. Thanks for nothing Capcom...

Yoshichan

I'm gonna puke, seriously. Please don't ban, I just need to say this loud... FUCK YOU, CAPCOM. FUCK YOU!

Bebpo

Banned
Elios83 said:
And the Human(easy) setting?Seems it will be really easy so not worth to be considered.

I haven't tried it, but I think after beating DH, Defuser tried it and said enemies die in 1 grab attack. Considering that damage given/taken scales for each difficulty level, I'm guessing you kill everything very fast in human and take little damage.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
if you play on human/devil hunter and finish can you take your skills with you when you start son of sparda?

Bebpo

Banned
Tiduz said:
if you play on human/devil hunter and finish can you take your skills with you when you start son of sparda?

Yep. Everything pools like DMC3 and Nero/Dante share everything.

Gyoru said:
Live DMC4 Marathon Stream:

I'm going to try to beat the entire game on Devil Hunter today and then the next difficulty of Wednesday.

Can someone tell me why the stream is either spitting out garbage data or just plain drops? Using VLC .8.6.d

Yasser

DenogginizerOS said:
Does this mean the X360 version will be louder as the X360 is constantly accessing the disc?
i don't understand. is the 360 ever not loud? especially compared to the ps3?

DeadGzuz

Banned
Psychotext said:

What a troll bait "article", great journalism.

While we're 'on topic', it's also being reported that (in Japan) the PS3 version of Devil May Cry 4 is outselling the 360 game 5-1. But that's because there are only six people with 360s in the country. It'll be much closer over here, if not the other way around.

So the 360 will out sell the PS3 verison 5:1 in NA, he called it!

Yoshichan

GremlinInTheMachine said:
After you beat the game, can you replay every stage as Dante?
No.

Bebpo

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Failed what? I don't have an agenda. I only have a PS3 and love it but I remember reading that blu-rays read slower.... I don't feel like looking up the info so I put supposed. What's up?

It reads a little slower, but not really noticably. I'd imagine without install loads might be a second longer than the X360 ones.

Still doesn't explain why it's the only PS3 game with a forced 20+ min install before you can play.

pswii60

Do we know if the occasional framerate stuttering of the PS3 demo is sorted in the final release? Still debating of which version to go for.

Bebpo

Banned
pswii60 said:
Do we know if the occasional framerate stuttering of the PS3 demo is sorted in the final release? Still debating of which version to go for.

The only framerate drops I saw are in the forest section.

pswii60

Bebpo said:
The only framerate drops I saw are in the forest section.

Cool. PS3 version is more expensive here in UK but might just be worth it for the slightly shorter load times (lol) and lack of jetplane noise!

Yoshichan

pswii60 said:
Cool. PS3 version is more expensive here in UK but might just be worth it for the slightly shorter load times (lol) and lack of jetplane noise!
But but but ACHIEVEMENTS :(?

Bebpo

Banned
pswii60 said:

Framerate is really not an issue with the PS3 one. It's 60fps for 98% of the time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DeadGzuz said:
What a troll bait "article", great journalism.

So the 360 will out sell the PS3 verison 5:1 in NA, he called it!

It made the writer feel good to write that after hearing the Japanese sales.

Top Bottom