• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Finnish the Fox said:
LOL, Thanks. I must of had a total brain freeze, sounds simple enough.
Same, and then later on during the same stage I started pulling them with ease, but now I've forgotten the level and location. Anyone?

Y2Kev said:
SM2 is easy. Just let off snatch really quickly. Snatch, release r1/rb, buster, then QUICKLY snatch again and QUICKLY release.

the nonviolent one I don't get at all.
I haven't tried yet, but can't you just royal guard that one? Or maybe use that Dreadnaught ability?

chinmonster said:
Same, and then later on during the same stage I started pulling them with ease, but now I've forgotten the level and location. Anyone?

It's the one with the blades and the fireball thing, I think.

Drewsy

Banned
Y2Kev said:
SM2 is easy. Just let off snatch really quickly. Snatch, release r1/rb, buster, then QUICKLY snatch again and QUICKLY release.

the nonviolent one I don't get at all.

Seriously, what in the fuck? I just got to this and have no idea.

WrikaWrek said:
That's why it's awesome. I was stuck to the T-V, i was lookin "there they go, bounce and bounce, bounce and bounce, there she goes, bounce and bounce, bounce and bounce".

LOVE IT

Me too!:lol But in the corset, only the part spilling out should bounce, so there's a little bit of inaccuracy there... D:

ARRRG WHAT THE HELL @
CREDO DEMON BOSS

This game makes me feel stupid. Nothing I know from DMC3 is relevant anymore. I just can't get a feel for Nero.

I also don't get the Table Topper ability, how the hell do you do it?

Bebpo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I think you need to be Dante. :\

Gotta dodge at the last second :\

I did the first 2 secret missions and then I skipped them all because they were ridiculously hard. Will do a run through on human after SoS solely to do all the SMs since at least if I die in them I can get back to the mission really fast.

Teknoman

Nardonicus said:
I think it also just comes down to the simple fact that people are fucking stupid. I run into that kind of shit all the time at Circuit City. Most of the time people have never heard of the damn game and have no idea that the friggin' ups box is sitting there in the back room just waiting to be opened.

Got back from CC not to long ago, and thats the EXACT thing that happened. I asked for Devil May Cry 4 for the Playstation 3 (made sure to say Playstation 3 instead of PS3...just for emphasis). First he flat out told me they didnt have it. So I asked him if he could check. He goes and scans the shelves, then that little locked display case they have and said if it wasnt on the shelves they didnt have it. Then he asks if I meant that greatest hits set. Had to point it out to em in the salespaper.

After asking the manager about it, behold, there is a box of DMC 4 both for PS3 and 360 in the back. So long story short, I snagged DMC 4, and used the gift card on a printer ink cartridge.

shintoki said:
What the hell is Buster?:lol

Isnt that the name of the throw move with the Devil Bringer?

burgerdog

Loudninja said:

Good sales for good games is always great. Anyway, question about Gloria:
I just got to the forest stage, but shit, it's Trish, isn't it? >.> It seems so obvious, I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

Bebpo

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
ARRRG WHAT THE HELL @
CREDO DEMON BOSS

This game makes me feel stupid. Nothing I know from DMC3 is relevant anymore. I just can't get a feel for Nero.

I'm suprised so many people are having trouble on that boss. I had trouble with the big monster type bosses with huge range attacks and little signaling. The smaller sized ones that are slower and signal out all their attacks were the easiest for me and most fun :)

Table Hopper happens instead of a roll when your timing is spot on.

lupin23rd

shintoki said:
LADY!! LADY!! LADY!!
All about Lady:lol

Amen dude, I haven't seen any of the girls (except Kyrie), but they should give Lady her own game cause she was so hawt in DMC3

Or how about some DMC Extreme Volleyball? :lol

brandonh83 said:
ok I just got to playing as Dante and my opinions of the game have only risen. by far best DMC ever, IMO.
I dunno. I haven't gotten to Dante's mission yet but I think Nero is, at the very least, Dante's equal based on DMC3 Dante. Devil Bringer and Exceed are so, so much fun to use.

Edit: Holy shit at the forest!

Narag

fistfulofmetal said:
ARRRG WHAT THE HELL @
CREDO DEMON BOSS

I handled Credo by dodging his attacks and using the buster when he was vulnerable. His shield would glow red then eventually drop after 5 times. DT Nero sword wore him down fast. Rinse, repeat

I'm done with the game. Not finished, I mean, I don't want to play it anymore. Guess I just can't get past the flaws and into the story or style.

Anyone in the NYC area want to buy my 360 copy for $40? Send a PM...

Bebpo said:
I'm suprised so many people are having trouble on that boss. I had trouble with the big monster type bosses with huge range attacks and little signaling. The smaller sized ones that are slower and signal out all their attacks were the easiest for me and most fun :)

Table Hopper happens instead of a roll when your timing is spot on.

I had a rhythm of how to slowly beat him. Hit him with the Devil Bringer, jump over him when he tries to ram you, then hit him in the back.

But I can only get one hit on him and it barely does anything.

After getting the first devil trigger:

Just beat Agnus, opened some gate that connected the bridge in the waterfall, now I'm back at the main castle area. Where do I go?

burgerdog said:
Good sales for good games is always great. Anyway, question about Gloria:
I just got to the forest stage, but shit, it's Trish, isn't it? >.> It seems so obvious, I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.
Yup it's pretty obvious when you play the game.

chaoticprout said:
After getting the first devil trigger:

Just beat Agnus, opened some gate that connected the bridge in the waterfall, now I'm back at the main castle area. Where do I go?

The church where you smashed the painting.

Khalid-S

I a have an issue with my PS3 and the game. After I install part of it to HDD the game freezes in the title screen and sometimes during missions.

Hell why did i bought this version :(

Bebpo

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
I had a rhythm of how to slowly beat him. Hit him with the Devil Bringer, jump over him when he tries to ram you, then hit him in the back.

But I can only get one hit on him and it barely does anything.

Get him open (dodge), do an attack to stun him for a sec -> buster. Repeat that a few times until he's dizzy. Then buster.

Throw out DT whenever you want to dizzy him faster or for better buster when he's stunned.

Narag said:
Holy shit gilgamesh is strong.

Yeah. Gilgamesh + DT makes the bosses a joke with dante.

Mamesj

Banned
For everyone having problems with Secret Mission 2...pst...buy the devil bringer length upgrade. It's incredibly easy with that.

Wish I had a tip for non-violent resistance and Secret Mission 5 with the huge devil bringer puzzle (if you spent an hour on the puzzle in the cavern like me, you'll looooove this one. uncontrollable and confusing physics/aiming ftw)

and again, if you think you're a bad enough dude to rescue the president and wanna get on the GAF 360 leaderboard, go here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236501

Ronin

HOLY FUCKING SHIT the rolling german suplexes into spinnning piledriver against those knights
:lol

I love this game. :D

Mamesj

Banned
favorite line so far:

"My brothers...will get you..."

like some kid who just got his ass kicked :lol so much cheesy goodness in this it hurts. Dante's model and voice are so mismatched, Nero looks and sounds a bit like Leon kennedy at points, the gratuitious cleavage...i'm in nerd heaven.

hteng

Banned
Mamesj said:
favorite line so far:

"My brothers...will get you..."

like some kid who just got his ass kicked :lol so much cheesy goodness in this it hurts. Dante's model and voice are so mismatched, Nero looks and sounds a bit like Leon kennedy at points, the gratuitious cleavage...i'm in nerd heaven.

dante is the voiced by the same dude from dmc3.. i think

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't care if this is spoiled for me, but can someone tell me...does Nero ever get to pick up new weapons? Like a new sword or gun? Not including the
Yamato

VaLiancY

This fucking camera is killing me. It's a bitch fighting most of these enemies but its even worst when you can't see what attack they're about to do.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
VaLiancY said:
This fucking camera is killing me. It's a bitch fighting most of these enemies but its even worst when you can't see what attack they're about to do.

Even if you can't see enemies, you can still listen to the sounds they make to know when an attack is coming.

hteng

Banned
VaLiancY said:

some areas allow you to turn the camera by using the right analog stick (or sixaxis).

ManaByte

Reno said:
Even if you can't see enemies, you can still listen to the sounds they make to know when an attack is coming.

That'd be awesome if this were a Daredevil game.

But it's not. And I agree the static camera angles suck. I was hoping that would be left in the last gen.

Mamesj

Banned
hteng said:
dante is the voiced by the same dude from dmc3.. i think

pretty sure he is, which is why it's funny. worked great in DMC3. now? not so much. Been too long since I've played 1 to remember if it's the same guy though...

hteng

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Question: What does it mean when nero's DB starts glowing/gives off that sound?

means a secret treasure is nearby, the nearer you get the more glow you'll see. it's important to find the blue fragments

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Btw: I too would like to say I ventured ALL the way back after the Agnus fight. Man did I feel stupid.

hteng

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Btw: I too would like to say I ventured ALL the way back after the Agnus fight. Man did I feel stupid.

lmao same here, that was extremely stupid. I went as far as back to the town and found out i can't get up coz it's like... 3 stories tall lol

dralla

So I just beat
----Credo----
, was it just me or was he tough? He took a ton of damage, I feel like I was missing something..great fight though.

The problem I have with the difficulty/boss fights is the jump in regular enemies to boss, you can breeze through the regular enemies with button mashing but once you get to a boss you need to play it like the older DMC's, the regular enemies almost encourage you to play the game "wrong"

Top Bottom