• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

hteng

Banned
chaoticprout said:
So I just fought the lizard men at the start of Mission 8 and I have no idea what to do. Can anybody help?

lizard men, as in assaults ? forest lizards ? erm... they aren't really hard.. they are easier than frosts, what kind of trouble are you having ?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dralla said:
So I just beat
----Credo----
, was it just me or was he tough? He took a ton of damage, I feel like I was missing something..great fight though.

The problem I have with the difficulty/boss fights is the jump in regular enemies to boss, you can breeze through the regular enemies with button mashing but once you get to a boss you need to play it like the older DMC's, the regular enemies almost encourage you to play the game "wrong"

wait till you meet
electric lizardguy enemy.

hteng

Banned
chaoticprout said:
No I mean I have no idea where to go.

you just fought echina ? then try to find those trees roots that were blocking your way. You remember the place where you fought those scarecrows that were infected by chimeras for the first time (there's even a cutscene there)? it's a room with a red statue as well, go there. there's the tree roots i mentioned behind the stairs

Tiduz said:
wait till you meet
electric lizardguy enemy.

:lol hell yeah those things are insane.

Just beat the
lesbian frog for the second time
, the cutscene before it was hilarious. and HOLY SHIT @
Pandora

Draft

Ok, I am weaksauce. Stuck on a dumb fuck puzzle.

Puzzle spoilers for Mission...4? 5? I dunno.

Long hallway, shaped like a horseshoe. 4 of those dumb spinning blade things need to be arranged in the center to open a door. First one was easy to get. While doing so, I accidentally shattered some mirrors. It appears that there is one more mirror on the opposite end of the hallway, and that behind it is the path to the last spinning blade thing. I've slammed the stupid blade into the mirror like 20 times and nothing. What am I missing.

Synless

Draft said:
Ok, I am weaksauce. Stuck on a dumb fuck puzzle.

Puzzle spoilers for Mission...4? 5? I dunno.

Long hallway, shaped like a horseshoe. 4 of those dumb spinning blade things need to be arranged in the center to open a door. First one was easy to get. While doing so, I accidentally shattered some mirrors. It appears that there is one more mirror on the opposite end of the hallway, and that behind it is the path to the last spinning blade thing. I've slammed the stupid blade into the mirror like 20 times and nothing. What am I missing.
That mirror has nothing to do with it, you need to get all 4 of those things into the one room with the purple looking circles on the ground, the mirror was just a secret.

Draft

Synless said:
That mirror has nothing to do with it, you need to get all 4 of those things into the one room with the purple looking circles on the ground, the mirror was just a secret.
The final spinning blade thing is behind a cage in the southeast section of the horseshoe shaped hallway. I was assuming that a path was behind the mirror. How do you get behind the cage.

Synless

Draft said:
The final spinning blade thing is behind a cage in the southeast section of the horseshoe shaped hallway. I was assuming that a path was behind the mirror. How do you get behind the cage.
There is a door you need to go through and come out the other side, open the gate and then you can finish the puzzle, I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do.

About to start DMC4 tonight when I get off work....

so whats the big diffence between the 2 beginning difficulty settings?

.....really that cut and dry? ....or is one really "Normal" and the other is "hard"

Synless

AgentOtaku said:
About to start DMC4 tonight when I get off work....

so whats the big diffence between the 2 beginning difficulty settings?

.....really that cut and dry? ....or is one really "Normal" and the other is "hard"
you want to start out on Devil Hunter, Human is way to easy.

I'm relatively weaksauce at DMC and Devil Hunter mode hasn't really given me much trouble. It's my favorite DMC game so far (I'm on mission 16) but it hasn't been that tough. Tough spots, yes, but overall... it isn't too hard. JUST REAL FUCKIN' FUN

AgentOtaku said:
yeah...I'm a DMC3 vet...so Devil Hunter it is then

If you're a DMC3 vet then you won't have many problems at all on DH. :lol

You're likely very much more skilled than I am, and I've been "stuck" on a battle a total of... hm, twice. I've had several close calls though.

Aeon712

Just got the game, wish I could post impressions but the install is taking forever :(. I downloaded the Lost Planet demo in the background and I'm only at 46%.

VaLiancY

Reno said:
Even if you can't see enemies, you can still listen to the sounds they make to know when an attack is coming.

Not all of the enemies do. And there are some spots where I can't rotate the camera like the Lost Woods.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
hteng said:
lmao same here, that was extremely stupid. I went as far as back to the town and found out i can't get up coz it's like... 3 stories tall lol

:lol Ditto.

Sean

Banned
Has anyone bought this at Circuit City?

I pre-ordered there for the free $10 gift card (when picking up the game) and they told me it'd be out on February 8th. Are some stores selling it early or what?

Riskbreaker23 said:
was checking out the character viewer and saw that gloria really doesnt wear any panties :lol

Hm... I haven't messed with that yet, can you move the models around and make use of the Tit Animator?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Y2Kev said:
Did the same here :lol

Nero says he's going back to HQ~

BTW, Frank West in this game is :lol :lol :lol

he's covered wars, you know. God i cant wait for DR2.

And this game is fucking awesomesauce.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have only one real complaint as far as the combat is concerned.

They got the gun for Nero completely wrong. Completely.

Y2Kev said:
I have only one real complaint as far as the combat is concerned.

They got the gun for Nero completely wrong. Completely.

I never hardly even used his gun. Only for combos here and there, that's about it, and even that was rare.

ManaByte

Just got to the forest, this truly is the first real next gen game. Uncharted was just a sample, but this really feels like a next gen version of a great PS2 franchise.

I can't imagine how it plays with the 360 pad, just too used to the PSX pad for DMC.

ezekial45

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Listen to Credo's voice.

I didn't even notice that was him. :lol
-----
When playing as Nero, It feels like game has taken some influences from GoW. Specifically when using grabs against the bosses.

Teknoman

I wonder if since they've achieved 60fps using the framework engine...if its possible that RE5, Dead Rising 2, or Bionic Commando for that matter, will run at 60fps...

Also thats cool how they automatically tell you where your friends are in the game and the most recent accomplishment they've unlocked (own the PS3 version).

ezekial45

Banned
chaoticprout said:
Help with mission 8 boss.

Credo. How do I do this. -_-v I got him to like 70% my first time and that was like 5 minutes long.

His shield glows red. You have to keep hitting him with Buster until it stops glowing, then you can finally grab him.

Bebpo

Banned
Goddamnit, mission 19 can be the worst level ever if you have bad luck. I've been going in circles for an hour now somehow landing red EVERY TIME.

Also I still don't understand mission 18 much. It's not like I take damage or die, I
just can't figure out how to get him to do his "rise up in front of you so you can slash him" move during the lifebar section. It's like he only does that once every 6-8 mins or something and that's the only time I can damage him.
. It took me 30 mins on Devil Hunter, and it took me 30 mins again on SoS. Both times long and frustrating.

Missions 18/19 for me personally seem to put a strong damper on replays. All the other missions you can speed run and have a good time but these two are like the cortana H3 stage, they're annoying.

*edit: nm, found out how to read the dice. Look at the number before you want as they appear in the same order then just hit when yours comes up.

KGKK

Banned
Loving this game so far. Damn my fingers are sore. Just beat
Dante
the second time. My god was he awesome to and hard. The boss fights overall have been awesome. They are hard, but not cheap hard if that makes any sense. Oh and :lol :lol , so it was
Trish's snatch we were seeing all this time
. Hot is all I gotta say about it:lol

vpance

Played DMC1 ages ago and always almost bought DMC3 whenever I saw it in the store, but just kept thinking to wait for 4. Good to be back with the series. Enjoying the Nero combat so far.

I'm trying to get S rank on Mission 2.. I can get the S on time but not on the others. I only got 83% orbs (got special mission super orb, big red crystal thing, cliffside by the docks) where are the rest??

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Bebpo said:
Goddamnit, mission 19 can be the worst level ever if you have bad luck. I've been going in circles for an hour now somehow landing red EVERY TIME.

Just watch the dice... whatever number is on top when you hit it is what number you'll get. You don't need to hit it more than once. i.e. if you need a 5 to get to the spot you want, and on the dice, 3 comes before 5. Watch the dice rotate, and wait for the 3. Once it pops up, you'll know you'll have enough time to hit the dice so that when the attack connects, 5 will be on top.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Damn logic owned me at the Forest sun trials. I kept trying to look up at the sky, but the glare kept blinding me. Until I finally realized how to logically judge the sun's position and kept going. Hehehe.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I finally picked the game up today for the Xbox 360. I was a bit worried because I suck at fast-paced action games like this and Ninja Gaiden and I couldn't beat Belial in the demo, but I decided to take the plunge anyway. I started on Devil Hunter difficulty and I was actually able to beat the first stage and Belial without dying (I had to use a few heal items on Belial, though). I couldn't beat the time-attack "secret mission" in the first stage, though. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat them in such a short amount of time?

Anyway, the game is awesome. The sound, graphics and controls all kick some serious ass and load times are almost non-existent. I can't wait to play more, but I need to do some studying for midterm exams now...

What is the orb category measuring at the end of a mission. Is it the amount of orbs hidden in the level? Is it total orbs like what you get from killing enemies? If its from the rbs you can find in a level can't you just run around anywhere and get orbs from past missions. I have no clue what its asking for.

Top Bottom