• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

EekTheKat

Synless said:
It's past that area.....it's farther down the backtracking.

I think Burgerdog's got your answer -
After the Agnus cutscene there was a trigger that caused the waterfall to disappear, and a big bridge to pop out - that's the bridge that leads to the next area.

I'm trying to remember how to get up there again, but can't actually recall without playing it through

Synless said:
Fuck, where the hell am I supposed to go.
EDIT:: Sorry, I made a mistake, I got the missions messed up... you're looking to go back to the church where you busted the painting, it's by the tree roots. That'll lead you to a new area. Again, sorry, I totally misunderstood where you were.

Synless

EekTheKat said:
I think Burgerdog's got your answer -
After the Agnus cutscene there was a trigger that caused the waterfall to disappear, and a big bridge to pop out - that's the bridge that leads to the next area.

I'm trying to remember how to get up there again, but can't actually recall without playing it through
damnit.......I ran back to the beginning of the game thinking I needed to go back there.......I know what your talking about now. I gotta go all the way back now :(

EekTheKat

Synless said:
damnit.......I ran back to the beginning of the game thinking I needed to go back there.......I know what your talking about now. I gotta go all the way back now :(

Area where the bridge is is called Foris Falls - basically if you can get back to where the painting of the holiness is you're good to go. The path is on one of the doors in that area

Synless

EekTheKat said:
Area where the bridge is is called Foris Falls - basically if you can get back to where the painting of the holiness is you're good to go. The path is on one of the doors in that area
I just found it, thank god I was going crazy, my friend just did the same damn thing too, :lol He just called and was like what the hell do I do?

Narag

Systems_id said:
Jesus christ how the eff do you get the fourth
impact spinny thing
in mission four?

There's a door in that hallway you can take that has one you have to use to guard against giant fireballs in a narrow hallway. Go down there and it'll take you to the last gyroblade that was locked up.

Jirotrom said:
this really does suck that there is no rumble during the rev...anyone with the ps3 Dual shock 3.... does your controller rumble when it revs?

yes.

i have a question too, does the 360 ver rumble when you shoot? in the demo it didn't while the ps3 ver does.

Narag said:
There's a door in that hallway you can take that has one you have to use to guard against giant fireballs in a narrow hallway. Go down there and it'll take you to the last gyroblade that was locked up.
The fireball one I already got but there's one in the area where you have to grapple a lot and I can't get to it.

Edit: Nevermind.

Narag

WickedLaharl said:
yes.

i have a question too, does the 360 ver rumble when you shoot? in the demo it didn't while the ps3 ver does.

There's a light rumbling when shooting on the 360 version.

Loving it so far. The intro is holy shit amazing, what an awesome sequence and tutorial mission. So far it does feel a hell of a lot like DMC1, the fights are more spaced out, a lot more thought went into the environments. Mission 3 and 4 are so different from anything in DMC3.

I am playing on Devil Hunter mode so far rather easy, I only died once, against the second boss only cause I had no clue what I was doing. Nero is too simple, I am enjoying it cause the action is still better than almost any game out there but compared to DMC3 its baby stuff. I don't like the proud soul system, I though you can transfer over your red orbs or something, I still have all my red orbs. I so many red orbs and they are useless (outside of getting blue orbs). Also I have been having issues getting S ranks, not as easy with Dante's crazy arsenal of moves, also doesn't help that the enemies die so fast.

Game is still awesome, loving it so far but I want to get to Dante already.

Synless said:
Why does it let you do secret missions for dante only while playing as nero? That's kind of irritating.
Why does the game give such unintuitive hints to solving puzzles, if that? <shrug> The series from the very begining has always had stuff like that, and Capcom never really does anything about it... Who knows, maybe other fans actually like that? Just hope they fix it next game...<shrug>

does anyone know the timing for max-ex?
its more luck than anything

maskrider: where is this video you were talking about for secret missions

Bebpo

Banned
VaLiancY said:
Christ. :(

Second fight with Dante is just....epic and hard. I don't think I'm going into SoS right after I do DH.

Definitely the hardest fight in the game.

A good strategy is to shoot your pistol so Dante starts shooting his and then snatch -> buster. Will result in the cutscene and most of the time you'll either knock him away for damage or open him up for a combo. Sometimes you'll take damage, but it shouldn't be often enough to prevent you from winning.

OR have DT out when you do it and instead of the cutscene you'll keep getting the 3 smash grab :D

Also I learned on my 2nd run that when he goes for the stinger against you, you can grab him out of it and it will always smash him and not do the cutscene.

EekTheKat

I'm pretty much getting my ass kicked by that
electric lizard thing as Nero in the Bloody Palace.
I got him down once but can't seem to do it again :lol

Jirotrom

WickedLaharl said:
yes.

I'll check soon... but the rumble isn't being used in the rev. pretty lame, oh well, I don't have a PS3 so that version was a no go. This game so far is way easier than DMC3, but the combat feels smoother and I really really love the new rev system.

Draft

Game is hot.

Cutscenes are hilarious.

Gloria gives me a boner.

Jumping (devil arming?) puzzle is lame.

Pride Souls are STUPID LAME. Wow what a botch on Capcom's part.

hteng

Banned
EekTheKat said:
I'm pretty much getting my ass kicked by that
electric lizard thing as Nero in the Bloody Palace.
I got him down once but can't seem to do it again :lol

if you have charge shoot, use it. it stripes his barrier faster

WrikaWrek

Banned
Finished.

What an awesome ending, Dante rocks. Only one problem though, i'm starting to see a problem with games here why are devs so opposed to making the
romantic affair that they develop during their games between the male and female characters, end with the most satisfactory ending? With that i mean a kiss. I don't get it, not so long ago Uncharted pulled this shit, and now DMC4, why? Is a kiss such XXX content that they can only tease it? Bah whatever, LAME

Awesome game anyway. Trish has amazing boob physics, she's incredibly hot, and i want to see more of her in next game.

hteng

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Finished.

What an awesome ending, Dante rocks. Only one problem though, i'm starting to see a problem with games here why are devs so opposed to making the
romantic affair that they develop during their games between the male and female characters, end with the most satisfactory ending? With that i mean a kiss. I don't get it, not so long ago Uncharted pulled this shit, and now DMC4, why? Is a kiss such XXX content that they can only tease it? Bah whatever, LAME

Awesome game anyway. Trish has amazing boob physics, she's incredibly hot, and i want to see more of her in next game.

the boob physics are so unrealistic, they look as soft as jellies. i mean wth the boobs will react to every movement, it's actually a bit sickening.

WrikaWrek

Banned
hteng said:
the boob physics are so unrealistic, they look as soft as jellies. i mean wth the boobs will react to every movement, it's actually a bit sickening.

That's why it's awesome. I was stuck to the T-V, i was lookin "there they go, bounce and bounce, bounce and bounce, there she goes, bounce and bounce, bounce and bounce".

LOVE IT

ManaByte

Finnish the Fox said:
I dont know how to do secret mission 2. Anyone do it yet?

I checked the last 3 pages but didn't find the answer, sorry if the question is redundant.

You have to break your thumb, that's how. I skipped it.

Narag

Finnish the Fox said:
I dont know how to do secret mission 2. Anyone do it yet?

I checked the last 3 pages but didn't find the answer, sorry if the question is redundant.

If that's the air buster one, its jumping into the air, doing the buster, then snatching another scarecrow up to repeat without touching the ground.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SM2 is easy. Just let off snatch really quickly. Snatch, release r1/rb, buster, then QUICKLY snatch again and QUICKLY release.

the nonviolent one I don't get at all.

Top Bottom