• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Unless Capcom decides to become more pure as a company we all know DMC5 is getting DLC. What type of DLC do you believe they should offer and what should be in the main game at launch?

I want all of the characters playable out of the box, but have the ability to buy costumes as DLC. Knowing Capcom though it will probably be the other way around.

At launch, I hope DLC offerings are minimal and kept to something like a few cosmetic costumes and cheats, like with DMC4SE.

Down the road, I think most things are fair game as long as the original release feels complete and substantial. More superficial DLC like costumes, HUD skins, weapon skins, stages in bloody palace... those are a given.

But I'm perfectly fine with there being more substantial iterative content in the game. New characters, new weapons, new side stories, new bosses... new modes. I was taking a look at the community wishlist for DMC5 that SoS had sent to Capcom, and a lot of the extraneous modes could easily be marketed as post launch DLC and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Nk7LJFB.jpg

Of particular note, additional legacy weapons and bosses is something that we've been craving for a while now.

As Sesha notes, Capcom is on board with creating a service experience. It promotes longevity and allows them to build upon an existing structure without reinventing the wheel. SFV was rough for them, but the flaws were in their execution, certainly not with the underlying idea.

In FY2015 they had MH4U, RE HD, Revelations 2 and DmC DE.

Keep in mind I'm not trying excuse Capcom. I'm just trying to explain the possible logic behind some of their decisions. I don't like or agree with a lot of it.
I don't think "bad PR" is the reason, but it could be a reason. I mean, why risk it, especially if they have nothing to show yet. And that's the main reason, that they have nothing to show. It probably doesn't make sense for them to celebrate an anniversary if they have nothing to celebrate with. The 15th isn't that notable either. I'm convinced if this was the 20th they'd announce DMC6 at some point along with some other announcements throughout the year.

I do think they should at least recognize it on twitter. We'll see when the NA and PAL anniversaries for DMC1 arrive. But Capcom JP I can see why they didn't do anything.

I can actually see them doing that last thing. I don't think they actually will, but there is a solid possibility.
Oh right. I completely forgot about DmC:DE and Rev2.

Here is the thing tho, you talk about risks but I honestly don't see how big of risk it could be to celebrate a franchise's anniversary. Worst comes to worst general public would wonder why there isn't any new title and then forget about in a few days. On the flip side, their fans would definitely appreciate the sentiment and feel better about the series future.

Though, you are right. We still have NA and EU anniversary dates to look forward to and they might do something in those. Especially the EU one is in the first week of December which would be near PSX this year. (if there is one)

And in regards to DLCs. I think Boss Rush, different Turbo Modes and at least half a dozen costumes for the main character should be in the base game. I would be okay with additional costumes and other things that you've listed as DLCs. Though I would like for the game to at least have both Dante and Vergil as playable characters in the main campaign.

Seyavesh

I always like the music choices for your videos.

Loved the finisher with Trish. Looked pretty swanky.

haha, thanks
i think most of the concepts that i wanted to do came through pretty clearly even though the combos themselves had that slop aspect to them

the first combo is also pretty much impossible to recreate unless you notice that i'm jc->shooting off the round trip throw to get another restand since the first hit of it actually knocks back/puts the enemy in juggle state normally

In FY2015 they had MH4U, RE HD, Revelations 2 and DmC DE.

Keep in mind I'm not trying excuse Capcom. I'm just trying to explain the possible logic behind some of their decisions. I don't like or agree with a lot of it.
I don't think "bad PR" is the reason, but it could be a reason. I mean, why risk it, especially if they have nothing to show yet. And that's the main reason, that they have nothing to show. It probably doesn't make sense for them to celebrate an anniversary if they have nothing to celebrate with. The 15th isn't that notable either. I'm convinced if this was the 20th they'd announce DMC6 at some point along with some other announcements throughout the year.

I do think they should at least recognize it on twitter. We'll see when the NA and PAL anniversaries for DMC1 arrive. But Capcom JP I can see why they didn't do anything.

I can actually see them doing that last thing. I don't think they actually will, but there is a solid possibility.

Capcom has a single content/multiple use, long term service based strategy for their games. SF5 is an example of this model. RE7 will be getting at least three pieces of DLC. DLC is basically guaranteed for DMC5.

I think anything goes for DLC as long as the game has a fair amount of content. I expect at least slightly more content than DMC4. I think the following should at least be in the base game:

- Dante
- 4 melee weapons & 4 firearms
- 8-10 hour campaign
- 8-10 bosses (not specifically boss fights, but individual bosses)
- Standard array of difficulty modes from Easy to Must Die
- The following unlockables: Turbo Mode, Bloody Palace, LDK costume, Super Dante.
- Expected features like Dojo mode, more evolved combat.

It's sad to say, but I am somewhat ok with Nero being DLC. I don't think he should, but it might make for a more tightly crafted game if they just focus on Dante. I think they would have enough on their hands making a fully-featured game with Dante without having to also consider Nero and give him unique weapons, bosses, and particularly having to make lots of new Buster animations.
Ideally they should reuse as much as they can from DMC4 so they won't have to create those things from scratch.

As for I would accept as DLC:

- Unique campaigns for Vergil/Lady/Trish
- Additional missions, weapons, bosses for Dante and Nero (provided the base game fulfills the above criteria)
- All costumes beside LDK and Super characters
- Legacy weapons and bosses
- Non-legacy modes like Gods Must Die, 30/40/50% Turbo Mode, Boss Rush
I think I have to disagree about making Nero into DLC - if you're going to have him at all, you've got to make Buster a core part of the game's development, at least with regard to animating normal enemies. I'd be fine with drastically simplifying a fair amount of Buster, though - making it into more of a parry/reflect projectile thing would be good for the gameplay (and simple grab/slam for most enemies), and I don't need extended complex animations wherein he gets tons of free damage against bosses in stun states. Basically it's great for Buster to be made more versatile but it's not necessary (perhaps not even good) for it to do drastically different things with each enemy, and it's actively bad for it to be a major source of damage against bosses.

*Neogaf's Feedback List*
Actually looking at that, I would be okay if they focus on main campaign and side combat-related stuff for the base game (provided that they have good quantity and quality) and release stuff like "A day with Dante" and legacy bosses and weapons as DLCs later on.

Also, after playing Tamsoft games, I can't help but want to see Capcom do something similar to those titles in regards to cosmetics. Let us customize characters and their outfits with accessories and then have them in different stages with different battle poses to take screenshot and make wallpapers and such. I mean something like Digital Figure Mode in Guilty Gear:

I would be okay with buying such mode as a DLC, 6-12 months after the initial release. (Honestly, I wish more games had that. For instance I would love to see a similar DLC in Ninja Storm 4)

I think I have to disagree about making Nero into DLC - if you're going to have him at all, you've got to make Buster a core part of the game's development, at least with regard to animating normal enemies. I'd be fine with drastically simplifying a fair amount of Buster, though - making it into more of a parry/reflect projectile thing would be good for the gameplay (and simple grab/slam for most enemies), and I don't need extended complex animations wherein he gets tons of free damage against bosses in stun states. Basically it's great for Buster to be made more versatile but it's not necessary (perhaps not even good) for it to do drastically different things with each enemy, and it's actively bad for it to be a major source of damage against bosses.

I disagree with removing or nerfing Buster against bosses. The damage that you get from pulling off those moves against bosses are very good rewards that encourage players to fight better and manage to stun enemies/bosses more.

Maybe they can make it harder to stun bosses but the Buster moves should still do big damages IMO.

BadWolf

Buster moves, counters and throws are a big factor in setting Nero apart from other action characters, no way should they be nerfed.

They should be expanding on them further.

Buster moves, counters and throws are a big factor in setting Nero apart from other action characters, no way should they be nerfed.

They should be expanding on them further.
I'm down for making them powerful, but the powerful ones should be for perfectly timed counters, not just for Bustering a vulnerable enemy in their normal or stunned state. The skill/reward curve is way off.

BadWolf

I'm down for making them powerful, but the powerful ones should be for perfectly timed counters, not just for Bustering a vulnerable enemy in their normal or stunned state. The skill/reward curve is way off.

And that's fine since Nero is supposed to be the more beginner friendly, the opposite of Dante.

Sesha

Oh right. I completely forgot about DmC:DE and Rev2.

Here is the thing tho, you talk about risks but I honestly don't see how big of risk it could be to celebrate a franchise's anniversary. Worst comes to worst general public would wonder why there isn't any new title and then forget about in a few days. On the flip side, their fans would definitely appreciate the sentiment and feel better about the series future.

Though, you are right. We still have NA and EU anniversary dates to look forward to and they might do something in those. Especially the EU one is in the first week of December which would be near PSX this year. (if there is one)

And in regards to DLCs. I think Boss Rush, different Turbo Modes and at least half a dozen costumes for the main character should be in the base game. I would be okay with additional costumes and other things that you've listed as DLCs. Though I would like for the game to at least have both Dante and Vergil as playable characters in the main campaign.

I'm not saying there is a risk. I'm saying Capcom might perceive it as a risk.

I want Boss Rush and so on to be part of the base package, but I don't think it would. I guess I'm being paranoid and imagining that if they were gathering feedback and seeing people taking a hardline stance on features that shouldn't be DLC, that they would just leave out certain features entirely instead of making it DLC. I know that sounds weird, but I'm so used to thinking in terms of "what if" scenarios.

I'm cool with an in-game boss rush like DMC3's, really. Definitely hoping for a side mode with multiple boss enemies at once though (either several of the same type or several different ones at once).
And that's fine since Nero is supposed to be the more beginner friendly, the opposite of Dante.
I don't mind accessibility (and I think Dante needs to be *more* accessible) but I don't think accessibility needs to conflict with depth and balance at all.

BadWolf

I don't mind accessibility (and I think Dante needs to be *more* accessible) but I don't think accessibility needs to conflict with depth and balance at all.

It doesn't interfere with his depth or balance, he has plenty to offer to both beginner and advanced players.

TreIII

It doesn't interfere with his depth or balance, he has plenty to offer to both beginner and advanced players.

I'd agree with this.

Nero was made to be the "easy to learn, tough to master" character, which serves as a nice counterpart to Dante being a much more advanced character, with loads of options and Vergil being somewhere in between the two of them, aka the "Intermediate".

Even if a number of things are "streamlined" for DMC5, I'd expect for this facet to remain in place. Nero should be the character most propped up to be the most accessible character for newbies.

Guy definitely needs more weapons that take advantage of that "revving" mechanic, though...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, but I think difficulty of combat really needs to be determined by the game's difficulty level, not by the character you're using.

Generally that's the goal, but not really feasible if you're going to have characters with wildly varying abilities, which you want for diversity's sake in a DMC game. It's similar to the design template for characters in a fighting game. There are going to be characters inherently harder to use and characters that are easier to use. That's going to just naturally happen.

I don't see one specific mechanic like Buster suddenly breaking the game balance. As long as all of the characters feel powerful in their own way and there's no insta-win button, that's the priority.

There are already scenarios where Buster acts as a counter with proper timing. They could just expand on that further.

Sesha

Man if DMC5 disappoints I might try to make my own DMC. With Blackjack, and hookers.

But seriously I wish there were some modestly-budgeted blatant clones of DMC.

Man if DMC5 disappoints I might try to make my own DMC. With Blackjack, and hookers.

Remember that 2004 Van Helsing game lol.

I wonder what a low budget DMC spin off would look like. Something similar to the Revelations series for RE. There doesn't have to be cutscenes to tell the story, or a bunch of new weapons or mechanics.

Once DMC returns with DMC5 I want things to stay this way and build what we have. No reboots/light reboots, drastic dip in quality of games, or a long ass absence.

Dahbomb

I think my heart would give in if DMC5 sucks.

Worst would be the NT/PG stans saying "give DMC6 to NT/PG" to put salt on the wounds.

Itsuno ain't ever let me down so I'm not worried about that much about 5. If there's one thing Capcom does right more than anything is core combat mechanics. RE6's campaign is one of the worst ones I've ever had to sit through, but that mercenaries mode is godlike.

I'm just curious how they're going to make Dante accessible and how they're going to make a great package around the combat.

Legit all they have to do is DMC4SE with new moves, weapons, and a new campaign with little to no backtracking.

Itsuno ain't ever let me down so I'm not worried about that much about 5. If there's one thing Capcom does right more than anything is core combat mechanics. RE6's campaign is one of the worst ones I've ever had to sit through, but that mercenaries mode is godlike.

I'm just curious how they're going to make Dante accessible and how they're going to make a great package around the combat.

Legit all they have to do is DMC4SE with new moves, weapons, and a new campaign with little to no backtracking.
I think that's the basic bar they have to clear, yeah. I'd love to see a really confident blueprint for the future of the series that's more than just "nail the DMC3SE formula repeatedly," though - as much as I'd be content with that, I'm not certain Capcom would be. I want a DMC5 that feels like a promise that we're getting DMC6 too.

ArjanN

Something like this:

8F7FCE901DD982E97E8992071B6EE8E262F46997

was basically made on no budget. :p

So I don't think it's totally impossible for a smaller dev,

Yeah, I'd say stylish character action requires attention to detail and smart design over big production values. As such, it should theoretically be a good candidate for indie development.

I think that's the basic bar they have to clear, yeah. I'd love to see a really confident blueprint for the future of the series that's more than just "nail the DMC3SE formula repeatedly," though - as much as I'd be content with that, I'm not certain Capcom would be. I want a DMC5 that feels like a promise that we're getting DMC6 too.

Coming off of Dragon's Dogma, I'm pretty sure the DMC team have some ideas to help the franchise evolve. As long as these new ideas help make the game fun I'm cool with it. I'm just not down with change for the sake of change. And this is coming from someone who plans on getting RE7.

Sesha

Something like this:

8F7FCE901DD982E97E8992071B6EE8E262F46997

was basically made on no budget. :p

So I don't think it's totally impossible for a smaller dev,

Oh, I know about Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

I definitely think it's possible to, while not making a game with a lengthy campaign and tons of content, make a game that approximates DMC's combat system to a decent extent. If one were to be very unambitious with the amount of content, restrict it to one character, one weapon and one arena, no story or cutscenes, a handful of enemies and maybe a couple bosses, and instead focus on game feel and combat depth, then it's possible for a talented dev to make a game with DMC-style combat. It takes time, talent and dedication, but I 100% believe it's possible. I mean, that's basically what MKH is. I think we might see something MKH-style on a higher level some day.

Sesha

I believe in Itsuno.

Btw, reading up on MT Framework, the early version of it was apparently restricted to the kind of boxed-in rooms we've typically seen in Capcom games. With Dragon's Dogma they specifically updated it to allow for seamless open worlds. We've already talked about this, but assuming previous DMC used the "stage" layout of level design partly because of engine limitations, DMC5 might have more open, seamless level design. It gives me hope that they might want to experiment more with the level design this time.

TreIII

Itsuno I have no worries about. It's Capcom and maybe even KobaP that I worry about.

All it would take is some type of corporate meddling, over-reliance on focus testing or undercutting his production schedule/budget, and that would be contributing factors that would seriously undermine him and his team from delivering the game they want to make.

The last thing we need is another DMC4 situation. They promise us the moon, but production and budget getting gutted along the way, so we end up with a game that has loads of potential, but laced with flaws.

We really need another "DMC3" type of game that sets the tone and makes Dante and friends awesome again. So, as much as I'm eager to see that announcement as much as the next guy...give Itsuno that time and a reasonable budget, Capcom. PLEASE.

Dahbomb

Even DMC3 was done on a low budget and put out pretty fast. The turn around from DMC2 to DMC3 was lightning fast especially when you consider that it was done on a brand new engine.

Seems like they are keeping DMC5 really close to the chest, they don't want any details out there so that when they actually officially reveal it the game final game would be pretty close to it.

The only issue with something like that is that when they reveal it and there are some blatant issues in the reveal... it gives them very little time to fix it. Like with DmC they unveiled it, there were lots of issues and they had to delay the game a year to make a lot of the fixes. People don't remember but DmC legit had contact sensitive brutal kill finishers in its initial game play reveal.

Wondering about DMC5 just makes me so paranoid. So many ways to mess up it's not even funny... I wouldn't be so paranoid if it weren't for the fact that the future of the series rides on this next DMC game.

Dahbomb

This might be most ironic coming from me, but some of you guys need to be a little more positive lol
Companies have squandered easy slam dunk games, Capcom being one of them.

DMC5 has a lot of challenges and isn't an easy slam dunk game. To name a few:

*Modernizing the series so that people in today's generation will care enough about it.
*While at the same time assuaging the concerns of the hardcore fanbase that they have built up for 15 years.
*Provide an appropriate "goldilocks" difficulty curve that isn't too hard or too easy at the Normal difficulty.
*Push the genre beyond where it currently is because it's a dying breed. The wishes and dreams of the entire genre rest on the shoulders of DMC5 because even God of War has moved away from it.
*Indirectly competing against the Souls games. While not in the same genre, people are going to be comparing things like level/world design, boss designs and art design to these games.
*Directly compete against other stylish action games including the previous DMC games. *The story/characters have to be better than DMC3 because expectations of writing/story have gotten way up since then. Capcom has not yet made a game with good enough writing.
*Appease the graphic "enthusiasts" WHILE maintaining 60FPS.
*Try not to offend any groups while making the game. That means that Trish/Lady shouldn't be clad in skimpier clothing and have little to do with the plot if they are in the game. Japanese companies are still notorious for poor implementation of female characters in games.
*Provide fair post release content that is meaty and does not undermine the content of the original game.
*If there are online components to the game (like say co-op) then netcode needs to be on point because no one wants to play a DMC game in lag.
*Not forget to implement some of the features put in previous games. I don't want to play another DMC game where Turbo mode doesn't come out of the box day 1.

I know people say stuff like "copy/pasta the DMC4SE combat, make better level design/bosses, have better story and put Vergil in it... GOTY!" but it's far more complicated than that. So many ways they can mess up the game and it only takes one critical flaw. Can't afford to make critical flaws for DMC5.

I honestly don't think it's that complicated. The more you make things complex the harder it will be. All that extra theoretical stuff just generates more anxiety when it comes to development. None of that is gonna matter that much the moment that trailer drops. Look at how people went crazy when DMC4SE was announced out of nowhere with no rumors or anything. Let Itsuno and the DMC team work. They got this.

Seyavesh

agreed
put trish in a shirt

7BkyK9j.jpg

nothing else on that list matters just that only that

also trish vs gmd bosses is way harder than i thought it'd be because it turns out i haven't seen most of the attacks bosses have/don't have a real strategy for bosses due to normally killing them so quickly

Dahbomb

I honestly don't think it's that complicated. The more you make things complex the harder it will be. All that extra theoretical stuff just generates more anxiety when it comes to development. None of that is gonna matter that much the moment that trailer drops. Look at how people went crazy when DMC4SE was announced out of nowhere with no rumors or anything. Let Itsuno and the DMC team work. They got this.
I mean if they post a DMC5 logo people will lose their crap.

It's all about the end product and the game has to be a lot better than "serviceable DMC game" to pave way for the future of the series. It's a very important crossroad for the franchise... the stakes are at their highest.

Sesha

Announcement hype is one thing. What we feel at launch and weeks and months after is another.

Btw, want to hear something depressing? More time has passed since DMC4 was released than between DMC1's announcement and DMC4's release. 522 days, to be exact.

BadWolf

After SFV under-performed they did say that they would be more careful with quality control in the future. It would be nice if DMC5 benefited from that.

Btw, want to hear something depressing? More time has passed since DMC4 was released than between DMC1's announcement and DMC4's release. 522 days, to be exact.

At least we got Dragon's Dogma out of it...

After SFV under-performed they did say that they would be more careful with quality control in the future. It would be nice if DMC5 benefited from that.

At least we got Dragon's Dogma out of it...

And that's the thing. We can't act like the DMC team didn't just take a break from the series to make an action/rpg lol. That break will payoff because now they'll have a lot more ideas for the franchise. Shit we probably didn't even think of just like the style system in DMC3.

Sesha

DMC4 released 2634 days after DMC1 was announced, November 15, 2000.

DMC4 released 3156 days ago on January 31, 2008, .

:)

*screaming internally*

And that's the thing. We can't act like the DMC team didn't just take a break from the series to make an action/rpg lol. That break will payoff because now they'll have a lot more ideas for the franchise. Shit we probably didn't even think of just like the style system in DMC3.

What's funny is, many are understandably upset about the long wait and blame DmC. But we wouldn't have gotten an Itsuno-made DMC5 anyway in the interim. The actual issue would have been if DmC was successful and had replaced the classic series, as was Capcom's intention.

Mizerman

Announcement hype is one thing. What we feel at launch and weeks and months after is another.

Don't remind me. ;_;

Companies have squandered easy slam dunk games, Capcom being one of them.

DMC5 has a lot of challenges and isn't an easy slam dunk game. To name a few:

*Modernizing the series so that people in today's generation will care enough about it.
*While at the same time assuaging the concerns of the hardcore fanbase that they have built up for 15 years.
*Provide an appropriate "goldilocks" difficulty curve that isn't too hard or too easy at the Normal difficulty.
*Push the genre beyond where it currently is because it's a dying breed. The wishes and dreams of the entire genre rest on the shoulders of DMC5 because even God of War has moved away from it.
*Indirectly competing against the Souls games. While not in the same genre, people are going to be comparing things like level/world design, boss designs and art design to these games.
*Directly compete against other stylish action games including the previous DMC games. *The story/characters have to be better than DMC3 because expectations of writing/story have gotten way up since then. Capcom has not yet made a game with good enough writing.
*Appease the graphic "enthusiasts" WHILE maintaining 60FPS.
*Try not to offend any groups while making the game. That means that Trish/Lady shouldn't be clad in skimpier clothing and have little to do with the plot if they are in the game. Japanese companies are still notorious for poor implementation of female characters in games.
*Provide fair post release content that is meaty and does not undermine the content of the original game.
*If there are online components to the game (like say co-op) then netcode needs to be on point because no one wants to play a DMC game in lag.
*Not forget to implement some of the features put in previous games. I don't want to play another DMC game where Turbo mode doesn't come out of the box day 1.

I know people say stuff like "copy/pasta the DMC4SE combat, make better level design/bosses, have better story and put Vergil in it... GOTY!" but it's far more complicated than that. So many ways they can mess up the game and it only takes one critical flaw. Can't afford to make critical flaws for DMC5.
I can almost guarantee you that DMC5 will fail to achieve all of the stuff that is mentioned in that list, at the same time. So there is no real point in being worried about it.

I feel at the end of the day, as long as the game is on par with DMC3/DMC4 overall, most people will be okay with it. I personally want something really revolutionary (I've said it before that the jump from DMC4 to DMC5 should be on par with the jump that series got with DMC3) but I know many don't share the same sentiment and will be okay with just another traditional DMC.

And since there really aren't any other big stylish action titles coming out anytime soon (at least not any traditional one) I think Capcom could get away with that. Even if they make DMC5 just a "DMC4.5 with better level design and environments", action fans are so thirsty that many of them will buy it.

Dahbomb

Being on par with DMC3 as it is today would make it a mediocre game.

By that I mean DMC3 pushed the envelope in 2005. A lot. It's well regarded because in 2005 it was excellent. It's still a good game today but it's been twelve years since then and you expect more in that passed time.

Yeah if DMC5 pushes the envelope as much as DMC3 did back in 2004, then it will be a huge success. But a prettier DMC3 isn't going to cut it anymore. A DMC4.5 is not satisfactory, not anymore.

Let me put it in DBZ terms:

DMC1: Super Saiyan 1
DMC2: Super Saiyan Goku with a heart attack
DMC3: Super Saiyan 2
DMC4: Super Saiyan 3
DmC: Ultra Super Saiyan
DMC5: Super Saiyan God

Quick question.

Wasn't DMC4SE development handled by another company for the most part outside of the director, producers and the cutscene director?

Sesha

Quick question.

Wasn't DMC4SE development handled by another company for the most part outside of the director, producers and the cutscene director?

Yeah. Development was outsourced to Access Games, Swery65's studio, with development overseen by Itsuno and others from Capcom. Capcom was more involved in development than with DmC, going by the credits.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
First and foremost there needs to be quality. What's there needs to feel complete and polished. I don't necessarily need something over ambitious, because it will most likely fall flat in key areas like DMC4. I'd rather there be an incredibly polished foundation for them to build upon, while ensuring to hit all of the parts of a "complete game" adequately. No more SFV bullshit.

More than ever we've seen smaller budget games do incredibly well by focusing on what the fans want and delivering a well rounded experience that might not exactly match the pyrotechnics of AAA development. RER2 for example.

And in terms of content, DMC3 actually still surpasses a lot of the stylish character action competition out there currently, which says an equal amount about current day offerings as it does about how amazing DMC3 is. Bloodborne/Souls are indirect competitors with different focal points, and I've never really considered them to be any kind of endgoal for DMC outside of potentially some art direction cues.

Quick question.

Yes. Access games.

Top Bottom