• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

cheesekao

Boosting sales means targeting that 5 million. It was pointless for them to reboot just to get a little over a 3 million sales which is what DMC4 already achieved.

They saw God of War selling 5 million and wanted a piece of that pie. The intentions were pretty clear by Capcom.
It's clear that, at the time of the interview, they wanted more than 2.7 million sales for DmC. It may be 3.5m, 4m, 4.5m or possibly even 5m. However, they have never explicitly said what they were aiming for. They could very well have aimed for 5m but claiming that they were targeting 5m(even when he mentioned 4m as well) from the get go without evidence is pure conjecture.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What is the best place to get DMC4:SE on PS4? I am leaning towards Play Asia or even NCSX, but Play Asia shipping is much higher compared to Yes Asia. NCSX has the game for more money also. Play Asia and NCSX does seem to be preferred over Yes Asia, but I can get it considerably cheaper at Yes Asia. I am also aware of the waiting time as well since I Live in the US and I just realized the DLC code expires on June 30th? Does anyone have any experience with Yes Asia. Most comments I read are positive, but I read a decent amount of negative comments as well. Might use Paypal as well.

I've heard Yes-Asia is fine, but I've never ordered from them personally. I know people in the Amiibo thread have ordered from there frequently.

Most people here ordered from Play-Asia.

It's clear that, at the time of the interview, they wanted more than 2.7 million sales for DmC. It may be 3.5m, 4m, 4.5m or possibly even 5m. However, they have never explicitly said what they were aiming for. They could very well have aimed for 5m but claiming that they were targeting 5m from the get go is pure conjecture.

The point is, they were after God of War money, as that was the market standard in the West. The 4-5 million number is what we have spoken in an interview as a basis for the reboot. It wasn't something listed in a financial report to investors, but it was still a bigger number. More than even the 2 million projection that they eventually came out of the gate with.

cheesekao

I've heard Yes-Asia is fine, but I've never ordered from them personally. I know people in the Amiibo thread have ordered from there frequently.

The point is, they were after God of War money, as that was the market standard in the West. The 4-5 million number is what we have spoken in an interview as a basis for the reboot. It wasn't something listed in a financial report to investors, but it was still a bigger number. More than even the 2 million projection that they eventually came out of the gate with.
I am well aware that they wanted to reach unrealistic sales considering the negative feedback. However, I'd appreciate it if people would not throw out random numbers and instead word their sentences more properly to indicate that they wanted more sales but not place that random number on it as that's pretty disingenuous.

I am well aware that they wanted to reach unrealistic sales considering the negative feedback. However, I'd appreciate it if people would not throw out random numbers and instead word their sentences more properly to indicate that they wanted more sales but not place that random number on it as that's pretty disingenuous.

So what you're saying is... five million is their version of "lol white hair" :3 ?

Doesn't feel good now does it.

Basketball

Just started playing with Vergil today ........

wow_gif.gif

Thanks again. I called Yes Asia and they seem legitimate also. I actually talked to a person heh.

Also that DLC code expires June 30th of next year so no hurry there really.

Oh, I see the 2016 when I zoomed in the picture? Nice. Thanks.

Veelk

Banned
Is anyone else really not feeling trish? She's not bad per se and has some neat tricks, but I'm having a hard time finishing her campaign mostly out of boredom. I may not be utilizing her completely, particularly with her guns (they're kind of awkward to pull out, I think), but for the most part, her fighting style has a strong been there done that sort of vibe. I'll work myself through finishing her, but whereas Lady left me wowed, Trish is just very meh

BadWolf

Is anyone else really not feeling trish? She's not bad per se and has some neat tricks, but I'm having a hard time finishing her campaign mostly out of boredom. I may not be utilizing her completely, particularly with her guns (they're kind of awkward to pull out, I think), but for the most part, her fighting style has a strong been there done that sort of vibe. I'll work myself through finishing her, but whereas Lady left me wowed, Trish is just very meh

Yeah she feels bottom tier in terms of both viability and fun, nothing stands out about her.

Thinking of playing Lady's missions on DMD and not bother with Trish's.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
What is the best place to get DMC4:SE on PS4? I am leaning towards Play Asia or even NCSX, but Play Asia shipping is much higher compared to Yes Asia. NCSX has the game for more money also. Play Asia and NCSX does seem to be preferred over Yes Asia, but I can get it considerably cheaper at Yes Asia. I am also aware of the waiting time as well since I Live in the US and I just realized the DLC code expires on June 30th? Does anyone have any experience with Yes Asia. Most comments I read are positive, but I read a decent amount of negative comments as well. Might use Paypal as well.

NCSX has always been more reliable for me; I try to avoid Play-Asia whenever I can. They take way too long and have screwed up a couple orders for me. YesAsia is terrible, though I haven't used them in a long time. I remember preordering a game, and when the game launched, they said they wouldn't have it for two weeks, and they wouldn't let me cancel my order. I made up some lie about my credit card being compromised and needing to cancel my order and place it again, and then bought it somewhere else.

As for the DLC code, if I'm not mistaken, it expires June 30, 2016. So you have a while.

I think she's fun but she's definitely my least favorite out of the whole cast to use. Shame too cause I love her alt color and I like playing as Gloria. I still use her sometimes but I'd rather play someone else.

Dahbomb

+1 to Trish being limited and not all that crazy.

Some powerful moves and crowd control but not enough nuances to her.

Though I honestly feel the same with Lady but she at least offers something different.

It's really all about Dante, Nero and Vergil in DMC4SE.

Haven't seen any major combo videos for DMC4SE yet which means people are still tinkering and exploring. The first Combo Mad is going to bring out the shock gifs from everyone!

Rean

Just got up to Mission 8 and found the first 5 secret missons. I'm liking Nero's moves, especially combo C. I just have to get used to dodging and table hopper more.

Just got up to Mission 8 and found the first 5 secret missons. I'm liking Nero's moves, especially combo C. I just have to get used to dodging and table hopper more.

How are you with your just revs. Also, I highly suggest remapping gun to L1 and devil trigger to R2. That way you can charge neros gun while maintaining your combos, lockon, and evasions freely with the face buttons. Nero level 3 charge really defines the character on harder difficulties, stuns the enemy twice, causes aoe damage, garners two moments of style meter increase and does gorilla damage.

Aizo

Banned
Tried to start this up on my PC, but I was getting terrible FPS...

Intel core i7, GTX 770m, 8GB of RAM.... My computer isn't amazing, but it should surely be able to handle stable 60FPS at low settings, right? It can handle more demanding games at higher settings. Is this game well optimized?

Rean

How are you with your just revs. Also, I highly suggest remapping gun to L1 and devil trigger to R2. That way you can charge neros gun while maintaining your combos, lockon, and evasions freely with the face buttons. Nero level 3 charge really defines the character on harder difficulties, stuns the enemy twice, causes aoe damage, garners two moments of style meter increase and does gorilla damage.
I haven't been doing them as much because I was gonna wait until I unlock the skill that lets you rev after an attack first. I have to keep reminding myself to use it.

BPoole

+1 to Trish being limited and not all that crazy.

Some powerful moves and crowd control but not enough nuances to her.

Though I honestly feel the same with Lady but she at least offers something different.

It's really all about Dante, Nero and Vergil in DMC4SE.

Haven't seen any major combo videos for DMC4SE yet which means people are still tinkering and exploring. The first Combo Mad is going to bring out the shock gifs from everyone!
Did you see this one from a few pages back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZREyEP2rus

Sykotik

I'm having a hard time getting S rank in Style with Vergil on SoS. Anyone else having this issue? I think it's because the enemies don't know how to take a hit from Vergil.

Dahbomb

Shauni

Well, my fears about going from Lady to Trish came to fruition. Very, very, very jarring going from one to the other in Dark Knight mode. The Round Trip mode is pretty good for crowd control, but it's nothing compared to Lady's explosive stuff. It's great for stunning enemies, but it doesn't seem to do much damage at all. And what the burning hell is up with the Pandora setup they gave her? Why not just make it another weapon like they do with Dante? How stupid.

It wouldn't be so bad just learning the ropes like any new character, but that mission 12 has that stupid fucking timer. I didn't manage to make it when I tried the first time (first time I have ever failed that thing, never even came close to failing before). It just takes so damn long to clear all the baddies with her. It probably took near half the time to kill the four ghost things in the spinning blade room. It's like her range stuff does almost no damage.

Sectus

Yeah, I've not been impressed by Trish so far. I've only completed Lady/Trish cmpaign once, and I got bored of playing as Trish during her last few missions.

KingBroly

Banned
It wasn't even scores either. I'm mobile so i can't easily find them, but there were articles blaming original DMC fans for the failure of DmC. It was full blown insanity. It went from "vote with your wallet!" to "I can't believe you voted with your wallet!"

I'm knee deep in the witcher right now, but DMC4SE will be mine once that's done. It's damn good to know the og series will be back.

Oh yeah, THOSE articles. Journalists love to defend Ninja Theory blindly for some reason. I dunno why, because I think they're overrated as hell. DmC is definitely their best combat system, but that still doesn't mean it's DMC quality. The "reboot" was simply not needed. They just gave us this brand new shiny character that played pretty well, why not go down that path a bit more? Makes no sense to just reboot it.

Shauni

So, what's the best way to kill the phantom things with Trish? Mission 12 DK is feeling just like...impossible because of those shits. It's like 4 of them take almost half the time to fucking kill.

Mr. X

There are legit reasons for what happens to raiden in 4 then he goes full retard in rising it's ridiculous.

Yes that's right! Fuck reviving the dead just cause people want it. Fuck it!

Pfft Rising didn't do anything that MGS4 didn't introduce first. Raiden was on some dumb anime shit in 4.

Veelk

Banned
Assassinating MGS2S Raiden is the best thing that could have happened to the character
It didn't character assassinate mgs2 Raiden, it assassinated mgs4 Raiden, who was the mgs2 character assassin, so that's a good thing going actually.

and '. riously, mgs4 Raiden was just on this depressive streak that made no sense given the affirmation of his identity in mgs2. Rising Raiden was the not well written, but it wasn't a betrayal of the character, but a return to his true roots. Yeah, he got a bit more silly, but that's not half the betrayal it is as going against his ideals.

Shauni

Assassinating MGS2S Raiden is the best thing that could have happened to the character

Highly disagree. I liked Raiden's character a good deal in MGS2, his progress and character arc is one of my favorite things about the game. MGS4 Raiden was just a bunch of fucking nonsense, pure garbage.

Dahbomb

Raiden's character is garbage in MGS4. Doesn't matter what the explanation for it, it was damn near character assassination.

MGR took what MGS4 did and made it into a bad ass thing. And now Raiden is actually talked about in the same tier as Ryu Hayabusa, Dante in terms of bad assery.

Raiden is a fun as hell character to play as. And I'd say he does crazier, more bad ass shit than Ryu or Dante. then again, he's a fucking cyborg ninja. Story stuff...well, i'll just leave to whoever wants to argue it. He was kind of a weird riverdance ninja in MGS4 or something. just dance fighting everywhere.

Was the window increased on Max Act? Seems easier to hit. Either that or PS4 triggers are more sensitive than 360 triggers.

Raiden is a fun as hell character to play as. And I'd say he does crazier, more bad ass shit than Ryu or Dante. then again, he's a fucking cyborg ninja. Story stuff...well, i'll just leave to whoever wants to argue it. He was kind of a weird riverdance ninja in MGS4 or something. just dance fighting everywhere.

Was the window increased on Max Act? Seems easier to hit. Either that or PS4 triggers are more sensitive than 360 triggers.
I've always liked the idea of a cyborg ninja, so I really hope MGR2 gets made. Akainu is definetely the no fun allowed guy at a party.. Hell I thought MGS2 was pretty nonsensical and dumb plot wise so MGR seemed par for the course...

Akainu

I've always liked the idea of a cyborg ninja, so I really hope MGR2 gets made. Akainu is definetely the no fun allowed guy at a party.. Hell I thought MGS2 was pretty nonsensical and dumb plot wise so MGR seemed par for the course...

I like fun. Rising isn't fun. Nothing about it is.

Top Bottom