• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

Cancelled my Amazon order (it hadn't shipped yet, was projected to arrive next week) and went e-Shop. I'm weak and impatient... but on the plus side, I have Soul Hackers! Roommate has a copy too, so we're both going to start it up tonight, haha.

Reminder to always go back into the hideout after you've been given the next story objective so you can see silly scenes:

nvcWzc2.jpg

Wk1EH3A.jpg

I didn't get a shot of Six naming him AAAA though :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
My game froze once on me. I was doing an auto-repeat in a battle and it froze when a bufu hit. Had to force shutdown the system, hope this was a one time thing.

Soriku

Btw, what are good stat distributions for MC and Nemissa? I believe Nemissa is magic focused and MC is physical?

cj_iwakura

Btw, what are good stat distributions for MC and Nemissa? I believe Nemissa is magic focused and MC is physical?

That's correct, but it's highly advisable to give them each some Agi so they can act before bosses, especially if you get the elec-stun sword.

Which works on bosses!

cj_iwakura

Also, I didn't even know this, but there's an early game choice which affects Nemissa's elemental build. Without elaborating, the first is fire, the second is lightning(I think), and the third is ice, but it also changes late game spells.

It's before Nemissa possesses her, Spooky asks how Hitomi normally is.

How do you guys feel about MAG management? Getting SMT 1/2 flashbacks, but those games have trained me for this, I am all good here.

My game froze once on me. I was doing an auto-repeat in a battle and it froze when a bufu hit. Had to force shutdown the system, hope this was a one time thing.
I had a freeze too. I killed a Knocker and it froze on the death animation. Hope it's not common.

Enjoying the game so far, can't wait to get off of work.

cj_iwakura

How do you guys feel about MAG management? Getting SMT 1/2 flashbacks, but those games have trained me for this, I am all good here.

You will NEVER have a money problem, that's for sure.

Personally, I keep either a really strong demon or a couple weak ones, and don't have a full party out until I really need one, mag will plummet fast later on.

Also, I think I found out who that one unvoiced shopkeep is; the boutique lady in Paradigm X.

It's really quite random, some stuff is voiced for some shopkeeps, like Victor's tutorial text, some isn't.

Is the dungeon design better than the first Persona game? I have nightmares of that repeating/mirrored labyrinth.

Also: what's the approximate length?

cj_iwakura

Is the dungeon design better than the first Persona game? I have nightmares of that repeating/mirrored labyrinth.

Also: what's the approximate length?

There's two dungeons in SH that are pretty nasty IMO, and neither are as bad as anything in SJ or even the final dungeon of Persona 1.

And 30-40 hours.

Also, I didn't even know this, but there's an early game choice which affects Nemissa's elemental build. Without elaborating, the first is fire, the second is lightning(I think), and the third is ice, but it also changes late game spells.

Ooooooooh, I was wondering why I was stuck with lightning spells. Well then. Hahaha.

Aeana

Went into the Love Club thing in Paradigm X. It asked me what my gender was, so I said female. Then the next question it asked was "do people often want to protect you?"

Oh Atlus

Ice, then. Seems fitting.

I've had my copy for a couple hours, I'll probably post some more in-depth impressions later. But for now, I'm loving the VO. Anyone have any idea who does the voice for Six? He sounds so familiar but I can't put a name on him.

Aeana

Sigh.
Major nostalgia rush going right now. As much as I love this game, I haven't actually replayed it in about 7 years. This game really represents the best of a different, unique era of Atlus and Megaten in general. I really hope people enjoy the game and are able to appreciate those differences, particularly when it comes to aesthetics and music (but also things like the MAG system and such).

Sigh.
Major nostalgia rush going right now. As much as I love this game, I haven't actually replayed it in about 7 years. This game really represents the best of a different, unique era of Atlus and Megaten in general. I really hope people enjoy the game and are able to appreciate those differences, particularly when it comes to aesthetics and music (but also things like the MAG system and such).

How do you feel about SMT4 compared to these older games, from what we have see and what we know about it?

Went into the Love Club thing in Paradigm X. It asked me what my gender was, so I said female. Then the next question it asked was "do people often want to protect you?"

Oh Atlus

I said I was a boy and that I believed in magic and that I was a wizard and that I talked to demons and it said I was a loser who will end up alone and I should get my head checked. :(

Reveirg

How long is the game (straight walkthrough)?

Just wondering if I can finish it relatively quickly with Dark Arisen and Soul Sacrifice coming out in the next 2 weeks.

I'm finding this really frustrating: how do I gained loyalty with my demons. Damn Goblin left me.

Also, third dungeon spoilers :
what's the answers to the zodiac quiz?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
UPS finally delivered my copy. My copy of DeSu Overclocked decided to come today too lol. Love the OP to this.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its so annoying you guys can already play this while we dont even have a release date yet in EU. :(

But hey, Fire Emblem finally releases for us this week.

Stupid region locking.

Vamphuntr

I'm finding this really frustrating: how do I gained loyalty with my demons. Damn Goblin left me.

Reading the manual might help a bit. You gain loyalty by either giving them gifts or telling them to use commands they like. Check the manual to see which personality like which command.

As for the love quiz thing mentioned above it said my best match was Hitomi. I thought it was the same for everyone lol

Shit, I think I may have ended the first Vision Quest prematurely. Will I be able to go back here and find whatever I may have missed?

And I should just focus on physical stats for the main character, yeah?

I'm loving this game's overall aesthetic so far.

Reminder: Touch the bottom screen and set the Difficulty Hack "Down" before you buy from the Compendium, because it reduces the price considerably.

Shit, I think I may have ended the first Vision Quest prematurely. Will I be able to go back here and find whatever I may have missed?

You didn't miss anything (nothing can be taken with you anyway), and no, you cannot go back. You can never go back.

Top Bottom