• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

Vamphuntr

Anyone has a link to a JP wiki for the game? I'm currently messing with the Copernicus software to get fusion errors and it would be nice if someone has a list of what you can only get through this.

I need more mags I'm blowing a lot on the compedium right now T.T

Tiktaalik

So I just did the first task for Victor and I'm kinda confused about how to handle demons. Is there any reason to not fuse demons and keep them in the party? Demons don't level and so the only way to get better demons for the compendium is to fuse. Is the item conversion thing worthwhile?

You sort of answered the question yourself. Your gut feeling is correct. Fusion should be done often to keep your demon allies at the same level as you.

It's actually a bit more obvious in this game that this is the proper way to go about things due to the fact that the demons don't level. In Persona 3 demons do level up and so I can imagine a player being a bit confused as to whether they should keep the same set of demons longer than necessary.

As an aside, I know someone who doesn't like the constant, forced Fusion treadmill of SMT because they keep having to throw away cool demons and possibly have some some stupid looking thing in their party as a result.

Anyone has a link to a JP wiki for the game? I'm currently messing with the Copernicus software to get fusion errors and it would be nice if someone has a list of what you can only get through this.

I need more mags I'm blowing a lot on the compedium right now T.T

Literally everything you'll ever need to know (in Japanese). Fusion accidents will randomly give you a demon that's between +5 and -15 levels of the Hero's current level, however
you can only create UMAs and Enigmas via accidents. UMAs are created by performing a fusion with a Beast/Wilder/Avatar/Holy demon during the Full Moon and having an accident occur, while Enigmas are created by performing a fusion with a Deity/Megami/Enigma/Zealot/Geist(?) during the New Moon and having an accident occur.

Vamphuntr

Literally everything you'll ever need to know (in Japanese). Fusion accidents will randomly give you a demon that's between +5 and -15 levels of the Hero's current level.

Much appreciated. Bookmarking this. It seems to contain pretty much everything about the game even the stats for when you fuse a demon in the nameless sword and even the text that the demon says when you summon them through fusion at the goumaden :O

There is much more fusions requiring a special demon and a full/new moon than I thought hmmmm

KarmaCow

You sort of answered the question yourself. Your gut feeling is correct. Fusion should be done often to keep your demon allies at the same level as you.

It's actually a bit more obvious in this game that this is the proper way to go about things due to the fact that the demons don't level. In Persona 3 demons do level up and so I can imagine a player being a bit confused as to whether they should keep the same set of demons longer than necessary.

As an aside, I know someone who doesn't like the constant, forced Fusion treadmill of SMT because they keep having to throw away cool demons and possibly have some some stupid looking thing in their party as a result.

What about the item conversion thing for max loyalty demons? So far all I can get is tickets but I have no idea what that does.

Much appreciated. Bookmarking this. It seems to contain pretty much everything about the game even the stats for when you fuse a demon in the nameless sword and even the text that the demon says when you summon them through fusion at the goumaden :O

There is much more fusions requiring a special demon and a full/new moon than I thought hmmmm

Most of those demons can be fused the normal way (ie, the way you would think to if you used the fusion chart), those are just special combinations that will result in that demon. For example, it says that
Reaper Persephone is Lady Diana and Femme Volvo, but you can also create her using, say, Poltergeist and Mishaguji

Vamphuntr

Most of those demons can be fused the normal way (ie, the way you would think to if you used the fusion chart), those are just special combinations that will result in that demon. For example, it says that
Reaper Persephone is Lady Diana and Femme Volvo, but you can also create her using, say, Poltergeist and Mishaguji

Even for the 英雄/Eiyuu and 猛将/Moushou demons? What are they translated to here. I'm not seeing any Hero in the fusion chart for instance :S

cj_iwakura

Is there a good guide to how skill inheritance works? It seems just about impossible to pass Rakunda on unless the demon knows it by default.

Also, the post-VR Museum boss is down.

Tarukaja+Rakunda+Nemissa guarding = ash. I expect Moowis to be much harder at the auto plant.

ohlawd

I'm lvl 31 and all the demons I've been fusing are all ass.

What is up with my demons not getting offensive spells. Almost all my demons have Dia/Diarama lol.

BearChair

So I just completed the auto factory portion of the game, are there any sidequests available? I feel like I'm moving from one story point to another, unless I want to go fight some in the hotel. But I haven't found any side quests yet. I have to be missing something, right?

cj_iwakura

I have the same problem. At least the main character and Nemissa can handle everything.

Yep, that's going to be pretty common after the early game, but take only them into a boss fight and expect to die swiftly.

Also, they can get rocked pretty easily in the endgame.

So I just completed the auto factory portion of the game, are there any sidequests available? I feel like I'm moving from one story point to another, unless I want to go fight some in the hotel. But I haven't found any side quests yet. I have to be missing something, right?

There's one from an old man at the Bathhouse Forum, and you can eventually get one from Mary if you keep talking to her between story events.

Esura

Banned
Nemissa is definitely Laura Bailey but Hitomi sounds like some amatuer VA.

Mindblown if she's Laura Bailey too lols.

When they talk to each other it sounds like the exact same voice to me.

Maybe the low volume messing up my perception of the voices. Or this other VA really good at emulating Laura Bailey.

Someone from Atlus insists she is not both Nemissa and Hitomi, but that's all.

Wow, that would be crazy if true.

cj_iwakura

When they talk to each other it sounds like the exact same voice to me.

Maybe the low volume messing up my perception of the voices. Or this other VA really good at emulating Laura Bailey.

Wow, that would be crazy if true.

Nemissa is pretty much guaranteed, but the more I think about it, Hitomi sounds just a little different. She has a very uniquely geeky voice.(This is is no way a negative)

ohlawd

Someone from Atlus insists she is not both Nemissa and Hitomi, but that's all.

That's good enough for me.

And to tell the whole truth, I thought Hitomi's voice sucked at first. Like there's no nuance to her voice. But I like it now and she sounds great.

Check the Bath House forum in Paradigm X and see if one of the characters offers a side quest.

Also try going to the Park in the Virtual Theater.

Try doing some of the requests at the Pet Shop.

I'm lvl 31 and all the demons I've been fusing are all ass.

What is up with my demons not getting offensive spells. Almost all my demons have Dia/Diarama lol.

Try fusing Narcissus (you can rank up Judah's Wood Plank in a Kimono with a Gnome or Sylph). It's level 30 and has a baller Ice Extra move called Aeon Storm.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, no one would know better than someone from Atlus.

I still really dig Hitomi's voice, though. It's got this nicely grounded, somewhat geeky quality that really works for the character.

Vamphuntr

Well that
Primate Intelligence Laboratoray
sure is a good place to make mags I'm at 45k right now and not yet done with the place. Compedium spendings incoming.

Tiktaalik

Are there some wild demons that you straight up can't recruit? In the Ice Warehouse area I feel like I went through every dialogue tree option multiple times and I still wasn't ever able to get one of those doll-like dress wearing demon girls.

You can rank up demons? Woah.

Kimono = item?
How about Gnome and Sylph? Are those monsters?

Oh, sorry. I meant it's one of the demons that Judah had. Oshira sama or something like that? It looks like a piece of wood wearing a kimono.

Gnome and Slyph are elementals. You can make your own Gnome by fusing together two Night, Jirae or Fallen demons (so like Jirae Knocker x Jirae Koropuckr), or you can make your own Sylph by using together two Yoma, Beast or Divine demons.

Here's another magic user: Lady Pele. Fuse Tree Oshira-sama, Femme Leanan Sidhe (you can recruit her around the art gallery, IIRC), and Megami Scathach (fulfill Mister DNA's order at the Pet Shop for a demon with more than 10 Intelligence. Nigi Mitama, which can be created by fusing Sylph and Gnome together, will meet the requirements).

What about the item conversion thing for max loyalty demons? So far all I can get is tickets but I have no idea what that does.

Take the tickets to the bank in Paradigm X. Dumb demons can be turned into tickets (but it's only a 1 in 32 shot - usually they'll just end up as Life Stones). Sly demons can be turned into special items.

Are there some wild demons that you straight up can't recruit? In the Ice Warehouse area I feel like I went through every dialogue tree option multiple times and I still wasn't ever able to get one of those doll-like dress wearing demon girls.

Those are Dark demons and they won't join you through conversation. If a demon doesn't have a green smiley face when you choose Talk then they won't join your party through talking.

I'm now deep in the Haunted Mansion. This is a tough dungeon with a really creepy atmosphere and a tough boss at the end. I love it.

My current posse would be Lvl 38 Ace, Lvl 38 Nemissa, Lvl 22 Zoma Zeed, Lvl 34 Black Frost, Lvl 35 Melchizedek, Lvl 38 Scathach

Vamphuntr

Those are Dark demons and they won't join you through conversation. If a demon doesn't have a green smiley face when you choose Talk then they won't join your party through talking.

You can actually talk/recruit dark demons when you have the software for it installed on your comp. The two weirdos are selling it.

Busaiku

So do I absolutely need to start fusing demons to swords sometime soon?
I've been hording a bunch of stuff and not really doing anything.

ohlawd

Oh, sorry. I meant it's one of the demons that Judah had. Oshira sama or something like that? It looks like a piece of wood wearing a kimono.

Gnome and Slyph are elementals. You can make your own Gnome by fusing together two Night, Jirae or Fallen demons (so like Jirae Knocker x Jirae Koropuckr), or you can make your own Sylph by using together two Yoma, Beast or Divine demons.

Ooh k thanks. I'll try this later. Yup it's Oshira-sama.

So do I absolutely need to start fusing demons to swords sometime soon?
I've been hording a bunch of stuff and not really doing anything.

I'm wondering this too.

Unlocked this feature earlier but I didn't want to touch it. Right now, it looks like I can get a good sword if I use my Nata Taishi.

Vamphuntr

I've done so many pet shops request that now they are giving me the info to make heroes and generals. Finally :p

It seems to be the thing we were reading about earlier in the wiki ^^

cj_iwakura

I'm now deep in the Haunted Mansion. This is a tough dungeon with a really creepy atmosphere and a tough boss at the end. I love it.

My current posse would be Lvl 38 Ace, Lvl 38 Nemissa, Lvl 22 Zoma Zeed, Lvl 34 Black Frost, Lvl 35 Melchizedek, Lvl 38 Scathach

Definitely the first really brutal boss IMO.

Vamphuntr

Finally was able to make Kinmamon through fusion accident. Had to reset a bunch of time because I would get Biliken or futotama instead. Strong : All and Null: Expel and Death :O

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The boss right after,
Mayone,
was WAY harder to me than
Erika.
I died just now.

Yep. I didn't know it was coming either and I hadn't saved in a bit. I was rather desperate to stay alive. I really wasn't prepared for it. Still managed to win in the end, though.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ugh, after playing Persona 4 for so long, I really have to remember to leave some more demons after fusing or I'm left with no team to fight with.

I'm now inside the Astro Museum and I'm really not sure if I should even bother with commands for my demons, they mostly don't listen anyway.

Top Bottom