• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people going to name their characters? I haven't decided yet personally, but I want to put some good thought into coming up with them. During the beta I just sort of did throwaway names that I would never use normally.

I'm actually considering going back to memorable childish D2 names I made.

profit

What are people going to name their characters? I haven't decided yet personally, but I want to put some good thought into coming up with them. During the beta I just sort of did throwaway names that I would never use normally.
My first character will be called Soraxas, I use that name mostly for my warrior type of characters.

speaking of names, does anyone know whether you can actually SEE the characters name in game?

I mean do you not simply see the ACCOUNT name when your guy is running around?

profit

That's really close the the name I use (in pronunciation): Thoraxes

O wow, that is pretty close. Did you have any inspiration for that name? I got mine when Kindom Hearts 2 came out; Sora + Roxas = Soraxas.

speaking of names, does anyone know whether you can actually SEE the characters name in game?

I mean do you not simply see the ACCOUNT name when your guy is running around?
I dont think you see the names in game.

Ainaurdur

It becomes a bit easier with the battletags being used. Normally I spend tons of time deciding on names. And I am sure I will still do so to an extent.

Does anyone know how much data Diablo III uses(like maybe MB per hour)? I plan to record and upload videos once I pass the Skeleton King, but unfortunately next week I will have to implement a data cap (150 GB).

I'm thinking about uploading in 480p, to save time rendering and bandwidth as well. Y'alls thoughts on this?

KarmaCow

I always have the problem of trying to keep my names consistent across games, but also wanting the name to fit the character. Going with a witch doctor, I can't really rely on my stable of Russian sounding names.

Does anyone know how much data Diablo III uses(like maybe MB per hour)? I plan to record and upload videos once I pass the Skeleton King, but unfortunately next week I will have to implement a data cap (150 GB).

I'm thinking about uploading in 480p, to save time rendering and bandwidth as well. Y'alls thoughts on this?

If you're talking network data it's a trivial amount like any other online game. Wouldn't sweat it.

Thoraxes

O wow, that is pretty close. Did you have any inspiration for that name? I got mine when Kindom Hearts 2 came out; Sora + Roxas = Soraxas.

I dont think you see the names in game.

It's also my battletag name too lol.

I've been using it for 9 years or so. I took a class when I was younger and there was a unit on studying insects. The thorax on an insect sounded cool to me because it had an X in it, and then it just kinda stuck for me.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Naming your character is the most time consuming thing ever.

Considering the mainly name you will have will be your battle tag, i will be using the same name for all characters。:p

Dresden

It's also my battletag name too lol.

I've been using it for 9 years or so. I took a class when I was younger and there was a unit on studying insects. The thorax on an insect sounded cool to me because it had an X in it, and then it just kinda stuck for me.

For all this time I thought it was Thor + Axes.

LordCanti

Considering the mainly name you will have will be your battle tag, i will be using the same name for all characters。:p

I'm going to name my characters what they are. Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Etc. I may add the modifier (mule) to the ones that are just there to hold my loot.

Being a night owl has really paid off!!

CE AVAILABLE AGAIN ON AMAZON!! FREE RELEASE DATE DELIVERY!!! GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL AVAILABLE!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SZC5U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I copped. Damn it. Now what do I do at 2am?

Should I...Should I buy two versions?

Thanks.

Arghhhh it didn't let me pay with poinnnnttssssssss RAGGGEEE FACEEEEEE ><

Junie12

I finally decided on a name for the Monk, he will be named after a real life badass monk named Jomyo! I mean just look at this guy

tsutsui1.jpg

He's badass as fuck!

LowParry

So digital version and now a CE version of D3. Hell. I'm not really sure I want to open it and just keep it for later. Fuck. Fuck fuck.

Just ordered a second CE. Will likely cancel the first one as I'm pretty sure they never gave me release day delivery on it. May just keep it locked away... what am I even doing with my life.

LordCanti

So digital version and now a CE version of D3. Hell. I'm not really sure I want to open it and just keep it for later. Fuck. Fuck fuck.

In two seconds I did two things I wasn't going to: Buy the CE, and buy it before the 12th (new credit card month). Also, it didn't let me use CC points while pre-ordering, which would have covered most of the cost, so I need to talk to Amazon customer service at some point.

All that, and I won't be able to play at 2am. What have I done?

Edit: Apparently Amazon doesn't charge until the item ships. God bless America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom