• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

I just tried to offer to grab the CE for a friend, he said no. Still tempted to get it for him anyway.

Still there as well. I don't know what to do. On one hand, my greedy bastard side wants to resell. While the other wants to keep in sealed and packaged for collectors reasons. If the wife says she wants to play, that solves all my problems but I don't know if she'll play this.

chualie

GAF I need help. I'm stuck between the wizard and monk. I was originally planning a wizard since I played a sorc in D2 and a mage in Wow but something about a female monk has put me in a dilemma. What say you? Monk or wizard?

LordCanti

Yeah, I just placed the CE order from Amazon just now, but I just purchased DD(an hour ago)... wtf do I do...

Talk to blizzard and get the DD canceled if you want to go that route.

Luckily, I hadn't already ordered the DD version. I may still cancel the CE version though, because I'm going to be a wreck on the fifteenth while waiting for UPS.

...It's gone already. Jesus.

People cancel their pre-orders and the stock goes back up for a second. You've got to be really quick.

Talk to blizzard and get the DD canceled if you want to go that route.

Luckily, I hadn't already ordered the DD version. I may still cancel the CE version though, because I'm going to be a wreck on the fifteenth while waiting for UPS.

Phew - thanks, I wasn't sure if that was all possible.
yeah... I don't know about this wait.

sazzy

0vNpv.png

officially less than 4 days now.

Riggs

Banned
I took a long nap earlier so it's impossible for me to sleep now.

This game already ruined my sleep cycle and it hasn't even come out yet!

Dude seriously it's pissing me off. But I guess it's my fault for reading every page of this thread all I can do is think about D3 now. 2 nights in a row it's fucked up my dreams , just strange that I woke up at 2am exactly both nights ...

Devil's work I say!

Valnen

People cancel their pre-orders and the stock goes back up for a second. You've got to be really quick.

I'm so glad my CE is paid off at a brick and mortar gamestop. Preordered that shit the day it was put into their system, so I'm covered. I felt funny linking the amazon thing to someone just now though only for it to be gone already by the time I linked them.

LowParry

-siiiiiiiiiiiigh-

I need some Yoshi insight on this. I plan on playing at midnight. CE will not let me do that. Digital does. I hate waiting cause the people I know who are playing will be ahead of the curve. Blah. Blah!

You know what the OP needs? A countdown timer for launch, so I don't have to do the math ib my head all the time. ;)

Someone else talked to me about this. I'll try and work out how to do it tomorrow.

And I'm tempted to get a second CE to sell at some point, but I don't think I can justify spending the extra money.

If I decide to do that later, there's always the chance I could find one at a retail store a week or two down the road.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Fuck it... gaf has convinced me that I won't be able to be to play midnight. Ya'll are just gonna smash and ruin the servers. Look at you. LOOK!

Thoraxes

For all this time I thought it was Thor + Axes.

The S was eventually added because my Druid in WoW and an e at the end with an accent mark. I didn't want to change the name much, but was forced to rename it to something without it so I added an S at the end to keep it pretty much the same.

LordCanti

-siiiiiiiiiiiigh-

I need some Yoshi insight on this. I plan on playing at midnight. CE will not let me do that. Digital does. I hate waiting cause the people I know who are playing will be ahead of the curve. Blah. Blah!

If UPS rolled up at noon, I'd be okay. UPS has been known to show up as late as 7pm though....

That's....

That's a lot of hours of other people playing while I can't.

Ainaurdur

Dude seriously it's pissing me off. But I guess it's my fault for reading every page of this thread all I can do is think about D3 now. 2 nights in a row it's fucked up my dreams , just strange that I woke up at 2am exactly both nights ...

Devil's work I say!

No. I say it is merely the call of the D3 OT. To carry on the banner of posting, the goal of OT2 by launch.

Your shift starts at 2am.

Xater

I am probably putting too much thought into the naming of my female Monk. I have been looking into female Russian names ans their meaning. This is the list of my favoritest,maybe it will inspire someone else as well:

Anya (favor, grace)
Darya (possesses a lot, wealthy)
Efimiia (holy, pious)
Fekla (glory of God)
Galina (calm, tranqui)
Irina (peace)
Nadya (hope)
Nastasya (resurrection)
Nika (victor of the people)
Nonna (god-blessed)
Sashura/Sasha/Shura (defender of mankind)
Sofiya (wisdom)
Vera (faith, truth)
Zhanna (god is gracious)

If UPS rolled up at noon, I'd be okay. UPS has been known to show up as late as 7pm though....

That's....

That's a lot of hours of other people playing while I can't.

Definitely the downside of getting the game via Amazon.

I still feel much more secure getting my CE from them though than pre-ordering at a brick-and-mortar.

Thoraxes

Amazon is so weird sometimes:

Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below.

Delivery estimate: May 15, 2012

I have release-date delivery.

Dresden

Anyone know how the collector's edition dyes will work? Just a single use item you get at the beginning?

e: oh, it's unlimited use. Swag.

Fuck it... gaf has convinced me that I won't be able to be to play midnight. Ya'll are just gonna smash and ruin the servers. Look at you. LOOK!

Wall of Shame will definitely be on the first page of OT2. If I can't squeeze it into the OT and I don't get the second post (again), then someone else certainly will have it up.

Ainaurdur

I'm only 23rd? I need to pick up some slack.

I keep telling myself I will be alright waiting for my CE to arrive at the door, hopefully late morning, but... to play at 3am with a DD copy would also be very tempting. I just really don't think it will be worth the hassle of getting the extra code back off my account afterward. Must remain strong.

Svafnir

It's my biggest fear, however I imagine issues for the first 30min-hour and after that it should be fine. Atleast that was my cataclysm experience

Cipherr

Wow this is bullshit, I have the Amazon alert email setup, but I keep seeing in this thread 'AMAZON HAS IT!' then its gone by the time I get to the site, and I never get an email notification.

Hmm after uninstalling the beta, I dont see that folder, so I guess i'm safe from whatever?

Dunno what OS you're on but for Win7 at least, i think Programdata is a hidden folder. You have to enable show hidden files/folders to see it...pretty sure its the same thing for the appdata folder, not sure about XP though

LordCanti

Yoshi doesn't sleep. He can't be defeated.

I'm only 23rd? I need to pick up some slack.

I keep telling myself I will be alright waiting for my CE to arrive at the door, hopefully late morning, but... to play at 3am with a DD copy would also be very tempting. I just really don't think it will be worth the hassle of getting the extra code back off my account afterward. Must remain strong.

Do you think they'll really give a refund to someone that gets the DD version, but then receives their CE later in the day?

Ainaurdur

I do recall somebody having linked a post from Bashiok stating it was true, but no idea where it was. And I think we had at least a couple people in the thread planning on trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom