• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Bashiok said you could call customer support and get another key to give away sell but he's backed off that statement so i'm not 100% sure if it'll work.

Rats ;_;

Trying to sell a digital key would be a hassle anyway I guess. Who would pay me $60 for it when they could just pay Blizzard directly?

Riggs

Banned
No. I say it is merely the call of the D3 OT. To carry on the banner of posting, the goal of OT2 by launch.

Your shift starts at 2am.

Dude fuck maybe it does because I am #9 poster in this thread, that's scary haha.

2AM reporting for duty boss!!

Riggs

Banned
Got confirmation today, getting my free copy signed by the dev team on monday.
3AQmK.gif

Dude sweeeeeeeeeet.
Sorry previous GIF was annoying. Replacing with this because it's awesome just like your signed CE will be!
iNhnKXstVLxct.gif

LordCanti

How soon does CE ship in time for release-date delivery?

Regrettably I found out I will overdraft my acct. if it ships (LOL).

Amazon might do the whole "preparing for shipment" thing later today for all we know. If you can't pay for it, you may as well cancel it now. Or sell it to someone that wasn't able to order one, and then use that money to pay for it.

D3 will be the first time I have ever bought a collectors or limited edition game, so stoked.

I can still remember my first limited edition....

Ocarina of Time, at Toys R Us. I needed that gold cartridge dammit. I needed it bad.

Thanks. Hopefully Bashiok will return to the thread to deliver the final word.

I think you'll see it shipped Monday with notification and money taken out.
On monday with 1 day delivery. :)
Thanks! hahaha now I can go to sleep smiling :)

Amazon might do the whole "preparing for shipment" thing later today for all we know. If you can't pay for it, you may as well cancel it now. Or sell it to someone that wasn't able to order one, and then use that money to pay for it.

wahhhh... oh yeah my friend is looking for one so he'll buy it from me if I don't take it.
I'll just trust Amazon to not ship it until tomorrow, when I can deposit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Power naps? I hope he doesn't plan on sleeping once the game is out.
I am not. The plan is to stay awake for 5-6 days. It all depends on if I'm gonna be healthy or not during this. During Dark Souls launch, everything went wrong (literally everything btw. The game turned out to be a disappointment, my finger infection, I got the flu) and I only got to 3 days but hopefully I this won't be the case for D3.

Ainaurdur

Yoshichan! I'd say your body told you it wanted to be ready for when it needs to be awake and playing D3.

It really does seem kinda silly about there not being a digital CE, simply for the people who might want the in-game stuff and don't mind going without the physical goods. I imagine a couple friends could work something out like that, trading codes for the different versions. Of course in this case, the DCE hopefully would only be a maximum of $5 more than standard.

Riggs

Banned
Yoshi you can take over my shift now!

Bro I woke up at 2am, AGAIN. Just like the night before. Something strange is afoot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled!
That's why i use this script. Works great!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

Still undecided on a few character's names and on what class or gender would the names go

All names are taken American Vampire and Hulk (Planet Hulk) comic book series :)

Barbarian:Male - Harkanon (Eye of Anger)

Monk/Barbarian:Female - Caiera

Monk:Male - Hiroim

Witch doctor:Male - Hirokala

Demon Hunter:Female - Pearl

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This needs to be quotes as-well!

Hmm, what about my regular Blizzard and battle.net folders? They can stay I assume or do I have to delete those as well? ( I'm guessing in my case these are related to SC2 or something )

Yoshichan

I completely missed the part where you guys were discussing what you were gonna call your characters :( Late to the party, but screw it:

barb: WWBaba
sorc: Yoshichan
monk: JahIthBer
dh: LadySylvanas
wd: trollolol, I'm never creating one

Yoshi you can take over my shift now!

Bro I woke up at 2am, AGAIN. Just like the night before. Something strange is afoot.
!!! Just hold out till launch!

Yoshichan

I may switch from Demon Hunter to Wizard just so that I don't have to see "Dodged" pop up over my character constantly.
You have a choice to take it away in the interface-options though... so this really shouldn't affect your class-decision.
Ahoy!

Are we there yet?

*foams*
*punches* Uh-huh!

LordCanti

You have a choice to take it away in the interface-options though... so this really shouldn't affect your class-decision.

How will I know if I've dodged if I do that? ;_;

That video didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, but I've been worried about DH Inferno viability ever since the topic first popped up. With the main stat (dex) feeding Dodge, how well is Dodge going to scale? Will I be able to dodge boss attacks in Hell/Inferno, or am I going to get obliterated? Will I need all damage reduction gear to be competitive?

Theorycrafting is hard work.

Shit. I really do think I'm gonna buy those glasses with orange color. My eyes are so fucking dry right now and it's killing me. Anyone know any good ones?

I suggest a bottle of Visine before a pair of Gunnars.

Yoshichan

Shit. I really do think I'm gonna buy those glasses with orange color. My eyes are so fucking dry right now and it's killing me. Anyone know any good ones?

Fou-Lu

I completely missed the part where you guys were discussing what you were gonna call your characters :( Late to the party, but screw it:

barb: WWBaba
sorc: Yoshichan
monk: JahIthBer
dh: LadySylvanas
wd: trollolol, I'm never creating one

You restarted the party! Good because I didn't chip in either:

Wizard: Cathmore
Hunter: Sigmund

The other three aren't in the plans yet, they'll happen eventually, but probably not until these two at least get through inferno.

Yoshichan

How will I know if I've dodged if I do that? ;_;

That video didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, but I've been worried about DH Inferno viability ever since the topic first popped up. With the main stat (dex) feeding Dodge, how well is Dodge going to scale? Will I be able to dodge boss attacks in Hell/Inferno, or am I going to get obliterated? Will I need all damage reduction gear to be competitive?

Theorycrafting is hard work.
Kripparrian works with all that's available (and sometimes what's not available) :3. As soon as the game is released, he'll give you "Kripp-tips" and knowledge-bombs that'll be really good to know for inferno/HC.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

You know, if you buy that glasses we need a photo!

I can post a photo of me at かなまらまつり this april :D

Ainaurdur

Going to get pulled away from the computer several times this weekend with family stuff going on. Should make some of the wait easier.

Yoshichan

Going to get pulled away from the computer several times this weekend with family stuff going on. Should make some of the wait easier.
Same here actually! The plan today is to not be anywhere near a computer.
You know, if you buy that glasses we need a photo!
Oh I certainly will! I just need cool looking onces... at least I can pretend being a BW-pro while playing D3, LAWL.
I can post a photo of me at かなまらまつり this april :D
I don't know where that is though :_:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't decide if I should stay up all day today and go to sleep so I can have my normal sleeping schedule back or if I should keep sleeping at the crack of dawn. If I keep sleeping at the crack of dawn, I can play after the midnight, but if I get normal sleep I can wake up to a day off with Diablo and my brother will be awake to play with.

These are the questions.

Yoshichan

so is your follower with you even when your online playing multiplayer?
They didn't want this to become like D2 where the follower can get utterly ridiculous. There were some points in 1.12 where you could've made your followers dps even higher than yourself. Like, what the fuck?

So yeah, they only work when you play the game alone. And even then, I don't think they'll be nowhere near as strong as they were in D2.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Same here actually! The plan today is to not be anywhere near a computer.

Oh I certainly will! I just need cool looking onces... at least I can pretend being a BW-pro while playing D3, LAWL.

I don't know where that is though :_:

Japanese fertility festival.

Gromph, what's your native language? Your English is easy enough to understand, though not perfect.

I'm just curious.

Spanish... some times i forgot how to construct a english sentence :p

Yoshichan

Japanese fertility festival.
I Googled it just as I posted :lol What the hell is that thing?! I love Japan sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom