• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
I found my perfect Banner

GWKNZ.png
K3ofL.png

V_Arnold

Just got another call from a childhood friend. He explained to me that he broke up with his girlfriend because she simply didn't understand that he wanted quality time with the game when it gets released. Apparantly his attention-whore-of-a-girlfriend finds it hard to give him some private time. It's fucking ridiculous.

That's the second relationship I've seen go down the drain for this game... it's crazy.

Honestly? That is not a healthy relationship anyway. Most relationships that break "because of games" does not break because of games, but break because one party was able to have a good time without requiring the partner's full attention, other was not. They were on not the same page, end of story.

Having a strong, fulfilling hobby should not be (and is not) exclusive to males, so it is not an issue with games or gamers at all. It is just a catalyst for something that was bound to be happen anyway.

LordCanti

I hope this game has a Capra Demon (from Dark Souls)-esque encounter where you go into a little room and a boss immediately slaps your shit. I want that experience again, even though it cost me a controller the first time.

I'm just rolling with my CE and keeping my digital. What I do with the CE I'm not sure on yet. But I'll have it at least.

I can't waste the $60. I guess I could keep the CE and sell it later or something, but then I wouldn't have the art book and...

I'm so weak.

Negator

I bought enough ingredients to prepare four slow cooker meals. Each one should provide about 3-5 full meals.

Took the week off of work.

Game is pre-downloaded.

I feel like I can't be more ready for this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Honestly? That is not a healthy relationship anyway. Most relationships that break "because of games" does not break because of games, but break because one party was able to have a good time without requiring the partner's full attention, other was not. They were on not the same page, end of story.

Having a strong, fulfilling hobby should not be (and is not) exclusive to males, so it is not an issue with games or gamers at all. It is just a catalyst for something that was bound to be happen anyway.
When I was talking to him just now, I explained to him that it was a relationship that wouldn't have lasted long anyway. If she can't accept his hobby then she shouldn't even be with him from the start. It's not like he was playing games 24/7; he's literally given her all the attention she wants for months. So yeah, she wasn't a keeper.

Just got another call from a childhood friend. He explained to me that he broke up with his girlfriend because she simply didn't understand that he wanted quality time with the game when it gets released. Apparantly his attention-whore-of-a-girlfriend finds it hard to give him some private time. It's fucking ridiculous.

That's the second relationship I've seen go down the drain for this game... it's crazy.

that's just sad, they need to learn that if they can't beat em, join em!!! my gf is getting D3 as well and we're gonna roll together! (well her already being a gamer makes things easier) but i don't understand these couples, it's not like you already know BEFOREHAND that your partner is an avid gamer...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
That's why i use this script. Works great!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

Violet_0

Banned
quick question - when using abilities while dual wielding hand crossbows, abilities will deal less damage than if you were equipped with a bow/crossbow, right?

LordCanti

quick question - when using abilities while dual wielding hand crossbows, abilities will deal less damage than if you were equipped with a bow/crossbow, right?

Hard to answer. It depends on the ability, and your DPS.

If you have hand crossbows that do 1.5 attacks per second (just an example) and you use rapid fire, you may drain your hatred at a rate that makes long term use unsustainable compared to if you were using a single bow with a slower attack speed and more base damage. Doing damage a little slower might mean more damage in the long run, if you can better manage your hatred.

Hand Crossbows (with faster attack speed) will generate more hatred per second though (when using generators), so you've got to take that into account. It's really a complex thing.

Everytime I come into this thread I think of crack addicts waiting for their fix :(.

You aren't wrong. I need this game in my veins.

Fou-Lu

Which is the least squishy between wizard, demon hunter and witch doctor?

Well Demon Hunter can dodge and the Wizard has a wide variety of armour skills.... So I'd say Witch Doctor is the most squishy, not sure which between DH and Wizard I'd say is least.

nib95

Banned
So when do the first reviews come out, and will this game be ok for me to jump straight in to given I have never played a Diablo game? I know, don't ask lol.

I must say, amazing OP, amazing art work and great looking screens.

Violet_0

Banned

If you have hand crossbows that do 1.5 attacks per second (just an example) and you use rapid fire, you may drain your hatred at a rate that makes long term use unsustainable compared to if you were using a single bow with a slower attack speed and more base damage. Doing damage a little slower might mean more damage in the long run, if you can better manage your hatred.

Hand Crossbows (with faster attack speed) will generate more hatred per second though (when using generators), so you've got to take that into account. It's really a complex thing.

Thanks. Since hand crossbows deal less damage but have a higher attack speed (I presume) my guess was that burst abilities would be less effective as well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So when do the first reviews come out, and will this game be ok for me to jump straight in to given I have never played a Diablo game? I know, don't ask lol.

It's a Blizzard game. Nobody gives a shit about Reviews :p

I suspect reviews will be next week sometime given no one can play the game till bliz puts the servers online. Yes you can jump right in but it wouldn't hurt to read the lore. Tons of videos on youtube cover the history.

LordCanti

Well Demon Hunter can dodge and the Wizard has a wide variety of armour skills.... So I'd say Witch Doctor is the most squishy, not sure which between DH and Wizard I'd say is least.

If only we knew more about dodge. If it works well and you can actually avoid damage in Inferno (instead of just taking reduced damage) it may turn out well. If Inferno enemies are going to hit right through the dodge though.... ouch.

I'd say the WD has the least ability to get away from a fight though.

You aren't wrong. I need this game in my veins.

Doesn't it also drain faster if you move while using the rapid fire? Rapid fire is beastly. I was playing coop with another DH and took down skeleton king in a matter of seconds using rapid fire lol.

I love my weekends...I really do but this is gonna be one LONG weekend. Need to find some stuff to do so I don't start scratching at my neck.

Firemind

If only we knew more about dodge. If it works well and you can actually avoid damage in Inferno (instead of just taking reduced damage) it may turn out well. If Inferno enemies are going to hit right through the dodge though.... ouch.

I'd say the WD has the least ability to get away from a fight though.

Doesn't the WD have a Howl/Terror skill?

nib95

Banned
I suspect reviews will be next week sometime given no one can play the game till bliz puts the servers online. Yes you can jump right in but it wouldn't hurt to read the lore. Tons of videos on youtube cover the history.

Awesome. Will check out the narrated Lore links in the OP.

LordCanti

Doesn't the WD have a Howl/Terror skill?

Sure, but isn't the effectiveness of that greatly reduced at higher difficulties? Or am I thinking of stuns?

Doesn't it also drain faster if you move while using the rapid fire? Rapid fire is beastly. I was playing coop with another DH and took down skeleton king in a matter of seconds using rapid fire lol.

Rapid Fire is a stationary ability. It basically turns you into a turret. But yeah, it's probably the highest single target DPS ability in the beta. WD's could get their DPS over 100 at the end, but they don't have the mana to capitalize on it in the same way that a DH can with hatred and rapid fire.

Beta tactics may not work at higher difficulties obviously. There are theorycrafted builds where WD's sacrifice dogs for incredible damage. No one really knows how things will play out when the game actually launches.

Xdrive05

Main concern: party utility w/ a barb and monk. I feel like DH would be more fun to play (resource system, vaults), bit wizard would be more party useful due to buffs/aoe.

Close 2nd concern: inferno viability. Really comes down to wizard's defense buffs and tele vs. DH's vaults/dodge.

I think it speaks well for Bliz that class choice is not easy. They are very unique.

kyubajin

My standard edition has shipped from Amazon.co.uk!!! Shame it's the copy I onsold to a mate when I ordered the collectors.
Are you in the UK? I'm in Spain and desperate to know when is my CE going to arrive :( Amazon says it'll be dispatched on 14th May and it'll take 2-3 days to arrive Q_Q

Yoshichan

So I went away for 20 minutes in order to find something to do...

And I found nothing.

Fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom