• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

v0mitg0d

So last night Blizzard started sending out review copies of the game. Man, I was SO EXCITED when I saw the email with the code, however the servers don't actually go live until 12:01AM PST on 5/15 so no early access.

Oh well, still totally stoked this is even happening for me and my little blog. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Hey, I was wondering which class will be the hardest to master! What do you think?"

Was a question that was asked in one of Kripparrians videos and he responded "Monk". I would love to know why he thinks the monk will be hard to master.
You've already posted more than 500 times in this thread Yoshi. Seek help.
0lTEs.gif

scy

Man I'm tired. I read that as "One more sleep until release."

Nearly had a heart attack.

Time for sleep!

So last night Blizzard started sending out review copies of the game. Man, I was SO EXCITED when I saw the email with the code, however the servers don't actually go live until 12:01AM PST on 5/15 so no early access.

Oh well, still totally stoked this is even happening for me and my little blog. :)

Anticipating the first review to be up at 12:05 AM PST.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, if your GF cosplayed as diablo. Would you make love or slay her?!
I would do lots, and lots of stuff to her. I'm not gonna go into the details but zlatko might go through them with you one day!

Yoshichan

Anyone know if the game guide is available in stores? Or just from online retailers?
They are/will be available in most retail stores :). They're selling them in every video-game store in Sweden.

edit: I just read your edit... I'm not sure :3

Thanks for that link, it'll kill some time at work (so long as I have the sound off). It'll be almost like I'm playing...the 4 year old build. God, you remember when they unveiled this? I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out about it, it was a Saturday morning and I was at my old job, there was a lull in the crowd at work (I worked as a teller at the time so there was just nobody there that needed anything) and I saw it and about shit my pants I was so excited. Showed it to my coworker and he was like "cool! ...uh, what's diablo" and I shook my head, bc he'd just never understand.

Yoshichan

Thanks for that link, it'll kill some time at work (so long as I have the sound off). It'll be almost like I'm playing...the 4 year old build. God, you remember when they unveiled this? I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out about it, it was a Saturday morning and I was at my old job, there was a lull in the crowd at work (I worked as a teller at the time so there was just nobody there that needed anything) and I saw it and about shit my pants I was so excited. Showed it to my coworker and he was like "cool! ...uh, what's diablo" and I shook my head, bc he'd just never understand.
I remember this as-well... it was very early in the morning and I woke my whole family up with my loud, constant repeating of "Oh my God".

The same thing happened when they announced the release date.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Saw a guy at the gym last night wearing a Diablo III t-shirt. I challenged him to a bench press competition for it.

Not really, but I did say "5 more days buddy" as we crossed paths and he gave me a nice knowing nod. Then I thought, damn that guy is a super fan if he wore a Diablo III t-shirt to Gold's Gym, kudos my man.

kameha5th

Banned
Well here's a bit of a story GAF. (Also writing this through my iPhone; currently in class.)

So if you guys remember the game "Tales of Graces F" that was released over a month ago, my local gamestop has this HUUGE poster of that game that says on the bottom "available now!". It's an advertising poster and under the Tales of Graces Wallscroll poster are the shelf of PS3 copies for the game. I inquired to the manager of that store asking if they sell the poster (as I'm a big Tales of- fan). The manager told me that they don't sell it but raffle it during midnight for free, on May 15.

I asked them why May 15? They replied "cause were switching that poster on that day with Diablo 3".

Soon I told them , " Tell you what, if I'm the first person to be here in Midnight , think you can give that poster to me (tales of graces poster). He said sure and also added that if I come back on June 16, he'll throw that Diablo 3 poster to me.

Pretty much tl;dr

Im getting a giant ass Tales of Graces wall scroll w/ glass frame and the collector edition Diablo 3.

ToD_

I'm getting the game (CE) delivered at work on Tuesday, so I took Wednesday off. Can play as late as I please on Tuesday and sleep in on Wednesday -> resume playing. It's not such a bad thing to go about it this way. I'll just feel slightly tortured to work while I see GAF having orgasms over this game.

zlatko

Banned
I'm getting the game (CE) delivered at work on Tuesday, so I took Wednesday off. Can play as late as I please on Tuesday and sleep in on Wednesday -> resume playing. It's not such a bad thing to go about it this way. I'll just feel slightly tortured to work while I see GAF having orgasms over this game.

A thousand times this.

erragal

"Hey, I was wondering which class will be the hardest to master! What do you think?"

Was a question that was asked in one of Kripparrians videos and he responded "Monk". I would love to know why he thinks the monk will be hard to master.

Monk is hardest to master because at high attack speeds it will require amazing reflexes to properly time between specific hits of generators. Many of the generators do different things depending on first hit/third hit and if you can properly mix multiple ones at high speeds it gives you amazing utility.

sazzy

I have to be at work in 6 hours. Can't sleep coz I'm so giddy.

I should get some sleeping pills or something lol

JimmyBoy

What's your blog URL? I love reading the lesser known blogs.

Prezhulio

ok, sorry for my ignorance but just had a questions.

i played throught the beta a couple times with a wizard to about lvl11, and had to stop because i was enjoying it too much and didn't want to ruin it for myself.

all i recall as far as each level went- was that stats were increased automatically and a skill/rune skill was unlocked automatically.

is there really no choice being made when you lvl as far as where you are distributing "points" or "skills"? i still had a ton of fun playing and having it pre-ordered, but this just seems like a drastic change, i guess in the face of mmo's and modern rpg tropes.

are "builds" just rearrangements of active skills that everyone at that level will have unlocked? i like the idea of not having to make choices (because i'd likely fuck it up), but it's sort of just occuring to me now how different it'll be.

scy

are "builds" just rearrangements of active skills that everyone at that level will have unlocked? i like the idea of not having to make choices (because i'd likely fuck it up), but it's sort of just occuring to me now how different it'll be.

Stats are done automatically on level up and you just naturally get all skills/skill runes. So, yes, builds will basically be equipment and then your active skill loadout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom