• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

If I preload the german version can I switch the language to english? Or do I need to preload the us version? can i play on european servers with the us version? :/

Kiraly

If I preload the german version can I switch the language to english? Or do I need to preload the us version? can i play on european servers with the us version? :/

I think you can change the language? Not sure, but just grab the en_EU version than as that is the UK version with European servers. You can change servers with the US client, but only after Global Play has launched.

Thrakier

I think you can change the language? Not sure, but just grab the en_EU version than as that is the UK version with European servers. You can change servers with the US client, but only after Global Play has launched.

But IÄm able to play with other german folks when I download the en_GB version?

profit

FFFUUUUU I normally leave my job in 10 minutes, but I borrowed my Iphone to a co-worker cause he needed the GPS application on there since he needed to drive to a few costumers.
He's still not back yet, so I wait for him to return, or I just head home and I'll get it back monday, but that means no SC2 this weekend :(

Kiraly

FFFUUUUU I normally leave my job in 10 minutes, but I borrowed my Iphone to a co-worker cause he needed the GPS application on there since he needed to drive to a few costumers.
He's still not back yet, so I wait for him to return, or I just head home and I'll get it back monday, but that means no SC2 this weekend :(

Diablo won't come any quicker either way. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just watched the Barb video. So I guess they took out the zoomed in conversations with the 3D models?
Yep, that's completely gone from the game.

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
That's why i use this script. Works great!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

forrest

formerly nacire
Neat, I'll have to watch this after work. The base stats themselves seem relatively straightforward and the same for the DisplayedDPS formula (though, there's an oddity from the beta I still haven't figured out). Mmm, dat math...

He addresses the defenses benefits of the main stats and how they apply with formulas provided. If your a math lover, then you're sure to like this video.

profit

Yep, that's completely gone from the game.

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!

Yoshi you read my mind.... I was just looking for you post to quote again on a new page.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi you read my mind.... I was just looking for you post to quote again on a new page.
It's hard to be a peasant with 50p/page :(

scy

He addresses the defenses benefits of the main stats and how they apply with formulas provided. If your a math lover, then you're sure to like this video.

Should be interesting then. I did quite a bit of work on the mechanics over the beta weekend and its always nice to hear some mechanics talk.

Kiraly

The most hardest thing will probably be trying to sleep the night of monday on tuesday. I will have to pick-up a retail copy on tuesday morning, but goddamn seeing GAF play the game at midnight

TUSR

Banned
ok, sorry for my ignorance but just had a questions.

i played throught the beta a couple times with a wizard to about lvl11, and had to stop because i was enjoying it too much and didn't want to ruin it for myself.

all i recall as far as each level went- was that stats were increased automatically and a skill/rune skill was unlocked automatically.

is there really no choice being made when you lvl as far as where you are distributing "points" or "skills"? i still had a ton of fun playing and having it pre-ordered, but this just seems like a drastic change, i guess in the face of mmo's and modern rpg tropes.

are "builds" just rearrangements of active skills that everyone at that level will have unlocked? i like the idea of not having to make choices (because i'd likely fuck it up), but it's sort of just occuring to me now how different it'll be.
You are correct.

You have to worry about you skills, gear, ability/play style. Thats enough for anyone.

Everyone in D2 arranged their stats the same way. Stacked vitality was the most common.

injurai

Banned
Kind of curious as to why we need to remove some files.

Yeah you didn't have to do that with SC2. I would assume it as something to do with how battle.net is being changed to work. Seeing as you have to delete that one file that is in a hidden folder.

scy

The most hardest thing will probably be trying to sleep the night of monday on tuesday. I will have to pick-up a retail copy on tuesday morning, but goddamn seeing GAF play the game at midnight

I want to stay up for the midnight launch and just see the thread explode but I also have to sleep for work :( Decisions, decisions...

Yoshichan

Why would anyone be posting in this thread after midnight???
This is something I want everyone to know. Once I've said that I've got the game in my hands, I won't be posting in this thread for a long, long time.

injurai

Banned
all we have left is a weekend and 1 workday and the 12 year wait will be over.

makes me shed a tear.

Some of us have two work days >.>

This is something I want everyone to know. Once I've said that I've got the game in my hands, I'll stop posting for a long, long time.

:( I will probably go to be early the night before, then find the package on my door step around 6:00 EST when I get home. I'll keep this thread open on my second monitor to occasional make not of the various orgasms that I experience.

ShaneB

I'll be joining the "at work on Tuesday" crowd :p, but even after work, I'll be going to the gym for a bit :)

No big deal, it'll be great to play when I get home!

Also, playing Diablo 1 last night reminded me how much of an oddity I feel when I realize I've put a lot more time into 1 than 2.

So it's question time, I know Diablo 2 would win a 1 vs 2 vote, so if anyone else has fonder memories of 1 like I do, speak up!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I'll be joining the "at work on Tuesday" crowd :p, but even after work, I'll be going to the gym for a bit :)

No big deal, it'll be great to play when I get home!

Also, playing Diablo 1 last night reminded me how much of an oddity I feel when I realize I've put a lot more time into 1 than 2.

So it's question time, I know Diablo 2 would win a 1 vs 2 vote, so if anyone else has fonder memories of 1 like I do, speak up!

D1 was glorious. I think I discovered it when I was like 8-10 yrs old? my neighbor had a demo of it ( also of heroes of might and magic 1 which also got me hooked to that series) and we played it nonstop. pretty sure we immediately bought the game after a week of the demo. it had such an adventure feeling right off the bat.

En-ou

so 3 AM eastern time monday night? damn my time zone!

a weekend and 1 workday left for me too. booked tues and weds off, i am ready.

cametall

I've been playing lots of DOTA 2 to try and pass the time until D3 releases, even invited 2 friends from LOL to try it... they hate it -____- ... end of work day Tuesday can't come soon enough!!!

Does everyone get to preload or only those who bought the game on battle.net? I've had mine preordered for a while now at gamestop, would be awesome if blizzard let anyone download the client.

zlatko

Banned
so 3 AM eastern time monday night? damn my time zone!

a weekend and 1 workday left for me too. booked tues and weds off, i am ready.

I'm MTN time and 1AM is still too late when you wake for work at 5:30AM.

Surprised Blizzard employees want to work those crazy hours.

injurai

Banned
I'm with you man.

not only does it unlock at 3. i'm working tues. but i ordered from amazon so they cancel eachother out.

If I have to sign for the package I will be incredibly pissed. It better be on my porch waiting for me.

Does everyone get to preload or only those who bought the game on battle.net? I've had mine preordered for a while now at gamestop, would be awesome if blizzard let anyone download the client.
There are links in the OT to pre-download it, installs unlock i think 8:01 pm before launch.

ToD_

Have to resist watching streams Monday after work when EU servers go up. I'm usually not too concerned about story spoilers and such, but I just want to see new areas/monsters for myself for the first time instead of witnessing them on a low quality stream.

LordCanti

I'm with you man.

not only does it unlock at 3. i'm working tues. but i ordered from amazon so they cancel eachother out.

Hopefully there will still be some non level 30+ people to play with when I finally get the CE between the hours of 3 and 7 PM.

If anyone is reading this: Save your high DPS bows/crossbows/hand crossbows for when I finally get to play. I'll reward you with an internet bro-fist, and loot when I'm inevitably higher level than you (because I'll be playing like a zealot).

zlatko

Banned

Can't you just get it anywhere online to download at this point though?

injurai

Banned
Is this legit? July 2013? Over a year after the PC release? Hmm...

It's a weird thought to see this game coming to consoles. My pretentious attitude doesn't think consoles are worthy. I expect this to only be coming to PS3, seeing how Gabe got them to open up towards steam integration. Microsoft has a large log up their collective asses about how XBL is run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHZz-GY01w

Posted by Blizzard Korea

what the hell is this :lol
Amazing

ShaneB

D1 was glorious. I think I discovered it when I was like 8-10 yrs old? my neighbor had a demo of it ( also of heroes of might and magic 1 which also got me hooked to that series) and we played it nonstop. pretty sure we immediately bought the game after a week of the demo. it had such an adventure feeling right off the bat.

You mean D1 is glorious! ;) Sure there are signs of age, but man it is still awesome.

I saw a friend playing it and was immediately hooked, that sense of "one more kill" smashing things to bits.

The audio is still great too, that satisfaction when things explode and loot drops.

Man, is it tuesday yet? Well it'll be here soon enough, have my next few days all planned out to be busy.

Yoshichan

I would buy D3 on PS3 just to support Blizzard but I still think it's moronic to port it to consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom