• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegfried

Simple question. I live in Brazil, GMT -3 here. Can someone point me what time US servers will be online in my timezone? I plan to sleep and wake up just for the launch.

LowParry

Well, you can't actively choose what to put points into, so it's not a huge deal. If you hit a STR wall where each additional STR isn't that much additional damage reduction, I guess you could get some INT gear for a quick and dirty boost. In the long run the good barb gear isn't likely to have any +Int at all though.

I want to say maybe gems can add more resist to specific armors but I'm not seeing gems like that.

My plan is to make a build that centers on staying as much in Archon form as possible. High crit, crit reduces CD, reduced CD overall passives, +crit chances everywhere, stun on crit passives.

I'm still going to aim for the "battle mage" wizard for melee use and sword and board.

LordCanti

But is switching to INT worth not getting the +1% Damage per STR?!

Honestly, I'd say you're looking at DR to plateau and accepting that; look to min/maxing damage output and resistances within that DR limitation rather than finding ways to squeeze out more DR.

Do I think it's worth it? No. Someone could do it though :p

injurai

Banned
And I'm willing to bed anything that he's not gonna be able to achieve all three goals. Athene is scared this time-around because he knows this isn't WoW anymore.

I hope he pulls through. Kripp is cool and all, but Athene is a legend and an honestly good guy. So many memories watching his videos.

winnarps

It's been mentioned that physical resist is also a thing. I did not pay enough attention to be able to verify this, but it would seem to indicate resists for all possible damage types.

I think Physical Resist is in just to give INT characters an easy way to reduce physical damage without requiring any STR stacking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope he pulls through. Kripp is cool and all, but Athene is a legend and an honestly good guy. So many memories watching his videos.
In the end, nothing will change. Athene will keep putting up gimmicky videos of his grandmother and hot chicks, and Kripparrian will keep putting up valuable info for D3.

forrest

formerly nacire
I have a feeling he will be the "Epicnamebro" of the Diablo III universe.

Haha, quite likely. Been watching his vids for a long time now. He raided with Exodus as a hunter in World of Warcraft and always made really solid vids for the class and different mechanics in WoW. As I said before, I think he has a minor ego, but it's seems to be mostly fun spirited. The guy does his homework though and will be as prepared as he can be, which will most likely be more than 99% of the player base.

I'd recommend watching some of his friend Krippi's vids as well. Although he has less vids and they tend to be much shorter, they are also informative and good to pass the time!

http://www.youtube.com/user/0Krippie0

injurai

Banned
In the end, nothing will change. Athene will keep putting up gimmicky videos of his grandmother and hot chicks, and Kripparrian will keep putting up valuable info for D3.

Lol it will be a good fight, I will be entertained with whoever wins. Just watch some unknown third party beat them both. Probably someone in Asia as it unlocks over there first.

bogg

World first 60? Absolutely. World first inferno clear AND world first lvl60 HC though? No chance in living hell. Kripparrian and his team has no intentions on becoming world first 60.

I agree 100%.
I think Kripp and his group got a good chance getting that world first inferno clear. I'm sure they won't be the only group going for that, but Kripp is a really high level player and I bet the other members in his group are just as good.
World first 60 HC is gonna be really interesting, I think what we are going to see is a group that will start HC as soon as possible, and they will have a guy always checking other non HC streams to tell them what they will be up against.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lol it will be a good fight, I will be entertained with whoever wins. Just watch some unknown third party beat them both. Probably someone in Asia as it unlocks over there first.
Indeed :3 Although I feel that I need to point this out again... Kripp and his team has no intentions of getting world first 60. They're going to eat and drink healthy, sleep 6-7 hours every day etc. Their goal is inferno clear first.
and I bet the other members in his group are just as good.
Trust me, they are. Krippi is a fucking beast!

The Hermit

replaying D2 with a Windy Druid... I remember why I prohibited myself from re installing that game. So fucking addictive... I need to learn to control myself in DIII, or else I am totally fucked

LordCanti

God damnit i need this game in my life.

I've been contemplating whether or not to keep my CE or switch to a digital download for hours. I can't make up my mind.

That's how bad I've got it.

I know I can get the digital key back after the CE arrives, but the thought of having to try to sell a Diablo III key to someone is annoying to me.

zlatko

Banned
I've been contemplating whether or not to keep my CE or switch to a digital download for hours. I can't make up my mind.

That's how bad I've got it.

I know I can get the digital key back after the CE arrives, but the thought of having to try to sell a Diablo III key to someone is annoying to me.

Do what I'm doing...

Sell the extra key to a GAFFer for 55 bucks.

profit

Yeeeees! Just got word that I got next week thursday (country wide holiday) and friday off(to bridge to the weekend)off!

Siegfried

Pacific should be GMT -7, I believe, so 4 AM?

Thanks! Exactly what I though, just wanted to be sure because I really don't know much about PDT besides a quick search on google.

So, an early bed time for me on monday and a really early wake up time the next day!

It's gotten to the point where I've lost interest in every other game and just want to play Diablo. This game has ruined my life :(

It's even worse that I'll be part of the 'can't play this until I get home after work on Tuesday' squad

LordCanti

Do what I'm doing...

Sell the extra key to a GAFFer for 55 bucks.

Anyone want a D3 key for 55 bucks sometime late in the day on the 15th, assuming that I can get through to Blizzard support on their busiest day in years?

I've quickly realized that I have no way of taking their money that wouldn't leave me vulnerable to an immediate charge back or paypal dispute.

Dresden

It's gotten to the point where I've lost interest in every other game and just want to play Diablo. This game has ruined my life :(

It's even worse that I'll be part of the 'can't play this until I get home after work on Tuesday' squad

You should join the "can't play until UPS delivers my copy from Amazon, with the caveat that they only arrive at the end of the day usually" squad. :/

Not fooling around with DD keys and such, though. Too much hassle just so I can play at midnight.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeeeees! Just got word that I got next week thursday (country wide holiday) and friday off(to bridge to the weekend)off!

Nice! So unfortunately I have to go to my Mother-In-Laws retirement party Tuesday the 15th. So that will be about a 7 hour trip total, but then I'll have the rest of the week to play followed by my wife leaving town for a week on Sunday the 20th. It's gonna be madness I say!!!

sazzy

So I broke down watched the CE unboxing video by pc gamer.

It didn't have any spoilers for which I'm glad. It seems from the way they were talking that Blizzard aren't allowing gaming websites to reveal contents of the DVD or the artbook. Kudos to them.

Itch has been scratched a little lol

zlatko

Banned

Anyone want a D3 key for 55 bucks sometime late in the day on the 15th, assuming that I can get through to Blizzard support on their busiest day in years?

I've quickly realized that I have no way of taking their money.

Huh? I bought a digital version, but I want the black box version. Don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for the refund, so I'm keeping my digital key, and selling my boxed key to a gaffer.

Can't you just get a digi version, then sell the CE key?

You should join the "can't play until UPS delivers my copy from Amazon, with the caveat that they only arrive at the end of the day usually" squad. :/

Not fooling around with DD keys and such, though. Too much hassle just so I can play at midnight.

I am in both camps, haha. But hopefully UPS will have my copy delivered by the time I get out of work. Hopefully.

Yoshichan

I feel like shit. Gonna take a nap.

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
That's why i use this script. Works great!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

winnarps

I've found that the wait goes faster when I think 'man, I don't have enough time to get all these errands/work/reading/gaming done before D3 release' instead of 'fuck, what am I going to do to keep me busy til then?'.

I have to work Tuesday so I'm just going to have to wait until then to go pick up my CE from Best Buy and even then, probably won't be able to play until after my daughter goes to bed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm getting class-selection anxiety. I was planning on Witch Doctor first but now I might want to do a full rocket-spec demon hunter. FARTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom