• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Exactly what I though, just wanted to be sure because I really don't know much about PDT besides a quick search on google.

So, an early bed time for me on monday and a really early wake up time the next day!

Im gonna wake up early on Tuesday too!
Then I go to work. :(

PS - Bom ver outro brasileiro por aqui! :D
(translation - Nice to see another brazilian around here! :D)

sazzy

Does playing through a difficulty unlock the next level for very class? Or do we have to play through each difficulty with each class?

I really hope this doesnt come off as me trying to be a troll, but how is the mac version? I've always been told that macs dont do games and if they did their just ports of the pc version

rybrad

I am annoyed that it is the weekend. If I could I would skip the weekend and go straight to Monday even though it means another workday. It is going to be hard avoiding spoilers all weekend.

bogg

Because I will be playing with several friends at different times I'll probably end up playing 2-3 classes right off the bat.

Kiraly

Does playing through a difficulty unlock the next level for very class? Or do we have to play through each difficulty with each class?

A higher difficulty means higher-leveled monsters and such, so you will have to play with an previously geared character

scy

Play through with each class. It's basically NG+ with harder enemies, not an actual "This is hard mode" difficulty selection.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really hope this doesnt come off as me trying to be a troll, but how is the mac version? I've always been told that macs dont do games and if they did their just ports of the pc version

Blizzard's mac version are always flawless.

DPsygnet

nope, since playing higher difficultyrequire you to be level 30 + to be able to fight monster you need to relevel through all difficulty.

that why my second character will be hardcore, to add a bit of challenge to it ;)

LordCanti

Huh? I bought a digital version, but I want the black box version. Don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for the refund, so I'm keeping my digital key, and selling my boxed key to a gaffer.

Can't you just get a digi version, then sell the CE key?

Bashiok (a Blizzard employee) made a post that said Blizzard customer support could give you back a digital key for the game if you bought the digital version and then upgraded to the collectors edition.

The problem is, I'd then have to sell that key to someone, and I'm not sure how I'd take payment for that. The obvious answer is paypal, but I hate paypal and am reluctant to use it when I know that there'd be no way for me to prove that I had actually sold something to someone (which means that Paypal would side with the other party in a dispute).

It's a hassle, basically. A hassle they could avoid by just issuing a refund. I've got a ticket in asking about it, so hopefully they'll see the light
fat chance

zlatko

Banned
Bashiok (a Blizzard employee) made a post that said Blizzard customer support could give you back a digital key for the game if you bought the digital version and then upgraded to the collectors edition.

The problem is, I'd then have to sell that key to someone, and I'm not sure how I'd take payment for that. The obvious answer is paypal, but I hate paypal and am reluctant to use it when I know that there'd be no way for me to prove that I had actually sold something to someone (which means that Paypal would side with the other party in the dispute).

It's a hassle, basically.

But this is neogaf, where we have a buy/sell/trade thread with great feedback to go by. I'd never use ebay or anything, but sell on GAF? No issues with the numerous buys and sells I've done here.

Or you can find 1 buddy who wants the game too and do the trade with them.

sazzy

A higher difficulty means higher-leveled monsters and such, so you will have to play with an previously geared character

Play through with each class. It's basically NG+ with harder enemies, not an actual "This is hard mode" difficulty selection.

nope, since playing higher difficultyrequire you to be level 30 + to be able to fight monster you need to relevel through all difficulty.

that why my second character will be hardcore, to add a bit of challenge to it ;)

Ah got it.

Do we know the level ranges for the difficulty levels yet?

forrest

formerly nacire
So if your OS is installed on a HDD and Diablo 3 is installed on a SSD would you be getting the full benefit of the SSD?

scy

Ah got it.

Do we know the level ranges for the difficulty levels yet?

Sort of:
Act IV Normal has an enemy at Level 29 so I'd put 1-30 for Normal; that same enemy is Level 49 on Nightmare then 60 on Hell so I guess it'd be 1-30 Normal, 31-50 Nightmare, 51-60 Hell, 60+ Inferno

LordCanti

But this is neogaf, where we have a buy/sell/trade thread with great feedback to go by. I'd never use ebay or anything, but sell on GAF? No issues with the numerous buys and sells I've done here.

Or you can find 1 buddy who wants the game too and do the trade with them.

Hmm...maybe I'll try the B/S thread then. Is there really anyone there that is going to want a digital key after the game is already released?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure if that's your setup, you're doing it wrong.

Definitely. Not having the OS on the SSD means that the HDD has to spin up for anything involving the OS.

zlatko

Banned
Hmm...maybe I'll try the B/S thread then. Is there really anyone there that is going to want a digital key after the game is already released?

Definitely. Not having the OS on the SSD means that the HDD has to spin up for anything involving the OS.

Of course. Not everyone on GAF is a day 1 early adopter for games. There's always late and impulse buyers.

LordCanti

Of course. Not everyone on GAF is a day 1 early adopter for games. There's always late and impulse buyers.

I better make sure that Bashiok wasn't talking out his ass before I actually commit to selling it.

The game could launch and Blizzard could just refuse to give people digital keys after their CE's arrive.

So, how does story progression work in co-op? Is it just the hosts story that progresses?

Everyone progresses.

Is your CE set for release day delivery or?

Yeah, release day from Amazon. It's just those thirteen to fifteen hours between when the game goes live and when UPS might deliver my package that have me going crazy.

The way it would work is:

1. Buy digital copy, play the game as soon as it goes live
2. Collectors Edition arrives in the mail, key upgrades your account to collector's edition
3. Support is contacted and they give you back an unused digital version key that you could then gift/sell/etc

zlatko

Banned
I better make sure that Bashiok wasn't talking out his ass before I actually commit to selling it.

The game could launch and Blizzard could just refuse to give people digital keys after their CE's arrive.

Everyone progresses.

Is your CE set for release day delivery or?

forrest

formerly nacire
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure if that's your setup, you're doing it wrong.

Not my setup, but considering picking up a SSD. Id really like one large enough to put everything on it, but I'll probably have to wait for that. I was just looking for some clarification on the matter. I could probably swing a small internal ssd for Diablo 3 to be installed on, but not one large enough to have my OS, programs and games on.

LordCanti

Not my setup, but considering picking up a SSD. Id really like one large enough to put everything on it, but I'll probably have to wait for that. I was just looking for some clarification on the matter. I could probably swing a small internal ssd for Diablo 3 to be installed on, but not one large enough to have my OS, programs and games on.

I've got my OS (and will have Diablo 3) on a $60 60gb SSD from Crucial. If you can swing that, it's plenty of room.

rybrad

Just install your OS and main programs on the SSD and put all your games on your HDD. You can then use something like Steam Mover
to temporarily put a game on your SSD. This way you can get the benefit of the SSD for current games and take them off when you are done without installing/reinstalling.

The Chef

I got a just got my new mouse from Amazon. I looked at the package twice to see if I ordered a laptop mouse on accident. Feels like a golf ball in my hand. :/

Wireless_Mouse_M305_red.png

Guess I will use this as a portable on and get a big kid size mouse as well.

scy

A 60-ish GB SSD is enough for an OS and some other stuff. My SSD died and I bought a new one instead of waiting for the repair one so now I have a dedicated game install SSD!

There's probably a few people waiting to pick up Diablo III digital keys $5-10 off like this anyway :x

chimster

Won't be able to play for another 12 days :( Still have to write 3 more law exams before I can fly home to Canada where I will hopefully have my CE waiting for me.

The distraction is unbearable!

Kiraly

I got a just got my new mouse from Amazon. I looked at the package twice to see if I ordered a laptop mouse on accident. Feels like a golf ball in my hand. :/

:lol

Why did you not buy a mouse with an additional 2 buttons? I'm sure you will eventually get accustomed to it anyway :)

Reason why it is probably shit is because it is ambidextrous, meaning lefties can also use it

zlatko

Banned

Wireless_Mouse_M305_red.png

Gotta read those measurements on their page before buying dawg. Also, GAF has all the info on everything before you buy it.

hobart

I think the point everyone is trying to make here is that for optimal performance all around... you will want to have your OS on the SSD.

forrest

formerly nacire
Just install your OS and main programs on the SSD and put all your games on your HDD. You can then use something like Steam Mover
to temporarily put a game on your SSD. This way you can get the benefit of the SSD for current games and take them off when you are done without installing/reinstalling.

Cool I'll look into that!

A 60-ish GB SSD is enough for an OS and some other stuff. My SSD died and I bought a new one instead of waiting for the repair one so now I have a dedicated game install SSD!

Good to know, maybe I can get a smaller one right now.

I think the point everyone is trying to make here is that for optimal performance all around... you will want to have your OS on the SSD.

I kind of assumed this, but wasn't sure what kinda performance hit it would take not having both on the SSD.

Thanks for the input guys, I might be able to swing a 64Gb SSD.

zlatko

Banned

There's probably a few people waiting to pick up Diablo III digital keys $5-10 off like this anyway :x

Plus that first week will have tons of internet hype and glorified reviews coming. Then you add in people who didn't have it on their radar, but see a friend play or a friend hypes them up that they must have it.

My 2008 razer copperhead is ready. She doesn't look but feels like the first day. My fingers are ready. I just wish I had a better rig. My Macbook Pro couldnt handle the beta so much

TheKurgan

Holy Crap! I just got a "Order Shipped" email from Futureshop.ca for my Diablo III preorder here in Canada. <3

My Hype level just shot through the roof!

Hey Kate, what are the specs of your macbook? I'll have to play it too on that for the first days.

OSX 10.7.3
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo,
4 gigs of 1067Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Running in 1280:800 all low with a sub 30 FPS.

It's playable of course, and never dropped to unplayable, but when I was looking at my friends power rig, the game looked sooo good and soooo smooth

scy

Yeah, I have one of those small ass mice at work. I basically crush the thing if I try palming it. Using it is such a hassle that I just brought an extra mouse from home for use.
0oXWD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom