• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Stacking sounds like it would be a good idea, but It should have diminishing returns. Also The buff should apply to each individual buff in the stack, so it decays over time. That way there is an extra sense of urgency if you want to use it, and at some point continuing to build that stack no longer provides benefits.

That's what I was thinking as far as stacking is concerned. Separate buffs with decaying returns so there's a point where adding another kill isn't worth the time spent looking for one.

If they don't make it stack even a small amount what is stopping people from just finding a rare or champion mob to kill and then skip to the boss? Without it stacking I don't see the problem being fixed.

Yeah, I just assume it'll stack at least a little. I mean, otherwise it's "kill Unique on the way to boss chamber" and that doesn't solve anything besides a momentary speedbump.

I think the most important part of the buff, though, is the fact it gives you more loot drops. If I'm reading that right, anyway, that means with the NV buff you'll get 3 drops instead of 2, for instance. That alone makes it worth killing at least getting the buff going.

Ferrio

Banned
Security is really hard to place a value on for me. If I pay for it ( either through money or convenience ) and don't end up needing it I feel like I am wasting time/money. But if security saves my butt I feel like it's well worth it. So I always have this weird dichotomy going on in my head.

Security sales tactics are normally based on fear. I would prefer to have some sort of probability measurement so I can understand my exposure to a given security threat before signing up for it.

The authenticator is free, but I don't know how much of a pain in the rear it is to use. I need to gather more information. Though looking at the FAQ it seems like rooting your cellphone increases your risks and I always root my phones. I just like the freedom that gives me with my phone.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate you warning about accounts being hacked and the authenticator. I just need to gather some more info on the subject before linking an authenticator to my account.

I've seen so many hacked people while playing WoW, it was quite amazing. It's just going to get worse when diablo 3 is added to the mix. Ya.. maybe you won't get targetted. But if you wanna play with fire, be my guest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hm, I challenge you to play some SC2 with me, and all of a sudden you get sick..... really convenient eeh?!

feel better soon yoshi <3
I will play SC2 with you right now... it's okay... give me your name#nbr please.

Security is really hard to place a value on for me. If I pay for it ( either through money or convenience ) and don't end up needing it I feel like I am wasting time/money. But if security saves my butt I feel like it's well worth it. So I always have this weird dichotomy going on in my head.

Security sales tactics are normally based on fear. I would prefer to have some sort of probability measurement so I can understand my exposure to a given security threat before signing up for it.

The authenticator is free, but I don't know how much of a pain in the rear it is to use. I need to gather more information. Though looking at the FAQ it seems like rooting your cellphone increases your risks and I always root my phones. I just like the freedom that gives me with my phone.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate you warning about accounts being hacked and the authenticator. I just need to gather some more info on the subject before linking an authenticator to my account.

What??? Dude, you literally just type in a 6 digit number when you log in once a week. Even when it was every time you log in it wasn't a hinderence. It took maybe 2 seconds. The two seconds once a week is seriously worth it. :lol

That's the first one I've heard of.

As it stands now they only have a 15-30 second window to log into your account. They really can't do much damage if they even do that though. The worst they can do is either strip or sell all of your stuff. But you just call their support and it'll all be returned to you. They can't change your info without a new auth code and they can't remove the authenticator without yet another auth code. So they basically just have 30 seconds to log in and then strip your stuff, which you will get back from their Support team. Not to mention that they have to spoof your IP as well for them even to be able to get in if they know your authenticator code.

Hell I've had to re-enter the codes more than once on several occasions because I didn't type it in fast enough. There's even a progress bar on the free app so if you're overly paranoid you just wait until the last second to enter the last number to authenticate your account.

Yeah, I don't think an attack of identical stye is likely to be possible anymore (without ip spoofing). That was from two years ago. I honestly haven't heard of any hacked accounts with authenticators since. As a note, though, the amount of time isn't terribly relevant if they have the code and your password hash in electronic form.

Ferrio

Banned
Had one. Then my dog knocked my phone into the pool. Then I removed it by sending in my ID. Then someone literally hacked my account within 2 hours of me removing my authenticator.

Heard that a lot.

Also remember.. all the hackers use authenticators. So if your account gets hacked, you won't be able to log on... cause it's going to prompt you for their authenticator.

zlatko

Banned
Had one. Then my dog knocked my phone into the pool. Then I removed it by sending in my ID. Then someone literally hacked my account within 2 hours of me removing my authenticator. Then I sweeped through my computer for any spyware, changed all my passwords, and added an authenticator. Now three months later I get a notice that I've been banned.

They're toying with me.

My hack came from my email. It was labeled Blizzard, Wow related, etc. I had to change my email set up with account, and never looked at anything in that old one ever again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Fitz

You need a Blizzard authenticator. Do you have an IOS/Android phone? If so you can get an authenticator app and it costs nothing.

Unfortunately I don't, Amazon seems to have Blizzard authenticators, I'm sure they're probably legit, just not certain.

That's what I was thinking as far as stacking is concerned. Separate buffs with decaying returns so there's a point where adding another kill isn't worth the time spent looking for one.

Yeah, I just assume it'll stack at least a little. I mean, otherwise it's "kill Unique on the way to boss chamber" and that doesn't solve anything besides a momentary speedbump.

I think the most important part of the buff, though, is the fact it gives you more loot drops. If I'm reading that right, anyway, that means with the NV buff you'll get 3 drops instead of 2, for instance. That alone makes it worth killing at least getting the buff going.

Even if they make it stack a fraction of a percent more, it would make it worth it to clear every rare/unique/champion possible before heading to the boss. I just can't see them not making it stack.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The authenticator is free, but I don't know how much of a pain in the rear it is to use. I need to gather more information.

No, you really don't. Not using a free authenticator is the objectively wrong decision. If you take that path, you are incorrect.

they keep talking about WOW on their site for Authenticators, i assume they are not GAME SPECIFIC though and any ole Blizz Auth. will work for ANY games right?

scy

Granted, I haven't used an Authenticator myself yet but it's basically login as normal, get prompted for the code, hit a button on the Keyfob or App, enter the number, wheee done. Maybe an extra 15-20 seconds, maybe more if you left the Keyfob or your phone in an unknown ditch somewhere.

Yoshichan

Nah man, go take a rest :) We cant have you sick when Diablo launches!
Thank you sir &#9829;
they keep talking about WOW on their site for Authenticators, i assume they are not GAME SPECIFIC though and any ole Blizz Auth. will work for ANY games right?
They will work for any Blizzard-game.

scy

Even if they make it stack a fraction of a percent more, it would make it worth it to clear every rare/unique/champion possible before heading to the boss. I just can't see them not making it stack.

Yeah, I think the best route is to just forgo caring about making boss kill only runs "viable" and make it a a diminishing return time investment thing for the buff. Would just be for the best, honestly.

vilmer_

wCFOo.jpg

Well hello there, fellow Wizard.

jsrv

So, is the collector's edition going to be like the Starcraft 2 collector's edition where it'll still be available many months later? I think even Amazon is still selling the SC2CE

Yoshichan

Awesome banner vilmer_! :3
So, is the collector's edition going to be like the Starcraft 2 collector's edition where it'll still be available many months later? I think even Amazon is still selling the SC2CE
Nope, it's sold out everywhere.

I downloaded the iPhone app last week, so far so good. Never used it in my extremely short stint with WoW, but seems like an easy enough extra precaution that cost nothing so why not. Its pretty easy to use, Id recommend it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Maybe. I think in general this CE is in quite a bit higher demand. I don't think people in general are as interested in CE fluff like sound tracks and art books for starcraft as they are for Diablo.

Megasoum

Banned
Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

Yoshi you should also put that in you copy/paste. An even easier and convenient way to handle the youtube comments for Chrome Users. Let's you turn them on/off too if you want them for some reasons.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hbeblcelbmadebneggicbpkjhlppjoen?hl=fr

I downloaded the iPhone app last week, so far so good. Never used it in my extremely short stint with WoW, but seems like an easy enough extra precaution that cost nothing so why not. Its pretty easy to use, Id recommend it.

See how much you like it when you disco a couple of times in a row :p.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just shows how much dick heads are activision

from shopto forum
Firstly, Activision have been about as useful as a chocolate fireguard re the delivery and info provided to Shopto.

The stock arrived after 4 pm today (both CE and standard versions)

Contrary to the info supplied to Shopto, the CE ISN'T only slightly bigger than a normal game box, in fact the normal version is the size height and depth and about 1/3rd deeper than a standard edition so you shouldn't have any real problems with that going through the letterbox.

So in summary, a last minute delivery, with misinformation regarding the actual CE box size means that with the best will in the world there's no way Shopto could have attempted to box and despatch the CE versions and as DPD don't pick up on a Saturday, these will be despatched on Monday, having been individually boxed by the warehouse staff over the weekend.

This will give you an indication of how one piece of misinformation plus a very late in the day delivery, gives etailers logistical headaches to ensure their customers receive their items on time.

injurai

Banned
When you think about it, the D3 AH is like a conversion between a debt based economy and a In-Game Gold back economy.

Ergo, Blizzard is taking us back to the Gold Standard.

Yoshichan

Majine

Banned
The Real Money Money Auction House seems scary as shit to me. I'm terrible with my economy IRL, don't know why this would be different.

LordCanti

When you think about it, the D3 AH is like a conversion between a debt based economy and a In-Game Gold back economy.

Ergo, Blizzard is taking us back to the Gold Standard.

...What?

You can't take out a loan to buy something on the RMAH though...

The Real Money Money Auction House seems scary as shit to me. I'm terrible with my economy IRL, don't know why this would be different.

Do nothing but sell, and you'll never have to worry about it.

schnarf

Not sure if posted yet, but here is the Walmart.com item description for Diablo 3:
"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians."

Stacking sounds like it would be a good idea, but It should have diminishing returns. Also The buff should apply to each individual buff in the stack, so it decays over time. That way there is an extra sense of urgency if you want to use it, and at some point continuing to build that stack no longer provides benefits.
i can't really comment for sure since i don't really know what the game is like... but i don't want to have to do 2+ hour runs in order to get good drops. i like to afk, take breaks, etc. i don't mind the idea that its trying to penalize those who constantly change builds, but to penalize those that like to play shorter sessions or perhaps those with less stable connections (since the game requires always online) sounds like a bad idea to me.

Junie12

Not sure if posted yet, but here is the Walmart.com item description for Diablo 3:
"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians."

I lol at this

Kiraly

Aweosme :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom