• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

profit

I certainly do, sir :) I only played EU version for 6 months, I've been playing on NA since 2005. I couldn't take the amount of bullshit immature piece of shits on WoW EU servers, unfortunately :(
Too bad, if I renewed my sub again I'd love to play with a decent person. The last few months I played I felt so alone, I joined guilds but it was just a bunch of kids. And a casual raiding guild was no where to be found...

mbmonk said:
Interesting. Thanks.
If I may be so rude, why do you ask?

ShaneB

Sigh, I read that spoiler when someone quoted him :( Dang it. If it's true, I guess it's nothing major, but would've been a nice surprise. Bah.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Too bad, if I renewed my sub again I'd love to play with a decent person. The last few months I played I felt so alone, I joined guilds but it was just a bunch of kids. And a casual raiding guild was no where to be found...
If you ever decide to jump on the WoW-wagon again then hook me up with a PM, I'll gladly invite you to my guild :3 We're a bunch of nice (adult) people, but we do take our raiding seriously.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the Diablo in Diablo 3 the same Diablo as the Diablo in Diablo 2?

SHIT GUYS I DON'T HOW TO SPOILER DON'T BAN ME

2012_05_11_15_12_36_63.jpg

to those questioning getting an authenticator let me tell you a quick story.
A few years back [Lich King time-frame] I logged into my WoW account to play my Death Knight. To my surprise when i logged in he was not at the Inn I had left him at, rather he was hanging out at a mailbox with about 3000g in his pockets [I had nowhere near this much the night before] My account had gotten hacked, and I am about 90% sure I logged in during the middle of a gold transfer. I logged out, went to the blizzard store and ordered an authenticator, the next day my account was frozen by Blizzard and it took over a week to sort out the entire thing with phone calls and emails. It ended up being a massive pain in the ass, and I was LUCKY nothing major was done to my characters.
At this point you can get a free authenticator for iOS and Android so there is no excuse.

The first two times I got hacked I just tried to log in and got an error. The third time though was also around WotLK time frame. I had logged out somewhere in the city... forget the name now but it was the big main floating hub city. When I logged in my Troll Warrior was standing completely naked (all his gear was broken) inside one of those open battleground areas and everything I had in my bags was missing. In its place EVERY SINGLE bag slot was filled with full stacks of Saronite Ore and my bank was about 1/3 full of more stacks plus thousands of gold. I immediately contacted Blizzard and told them, I went ahead and changed my passwords and bought the authenticator. Blizzard support mailed me, in-game, all my missing items. They also told me to just keep the Saronite... I put it on the AH and made many many thousands upons thousands of gold. The whole thing made me absolutely filthy rich. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As long as Yoshi is alive and kicking, he'll win every D3 OT.
I'm not going to post anything when the game's released though. I will post a reply maybe once every day to say that the game is fucking awesome and update my current status ("I'm still alive, I'm level 45. This game is fucking awesome"). It will probably be a week until I actively post again in this thread.

Junie12

I was fortunate to never get hacked, then again I did leave WoW very early in it's life, like in 2006 I think? That game was ruining my social life so I never went back :lol

I have a feeling D3 is gonna do the same..

mbmonk

If I may be so rude, why do you ask?

You are not being rude at all :).

I was just trying think about the chances of hackers brute forcing two different security systems (Blizzard's & an email hosting service). I thought it was more likely that you had the same password for both accounts and thus the criminal's wouldn't have had to hack two different systems.

That is all :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Act 2 - Players who cast Town Portal while standing in a tar pit will cause the tar pit slowing debuff to stay on your character until you leave the game or manually walk into and out of a tar pit.

Tar Pit confirmed as Act2 boss.

scy

I'm not going to post anything when the game's released though. I will post a reply maybe once every day to say that the game is fucking awesome and update my current status ("I'm still alive, I'm level 45. This game is fucking awesome"). It will probably be a week until I actively post again in this thread.

So what you're saying is that I have a chance to lead the Wall of Shame?

Raide

What is the this autheniticator crap...? I just want to play sp diablo...I know the game is always online etc...but this stuff irritates me somewhat...it seems like there is more bullshit as time goes by...diablo games are decent fun for me, I have never been a massive fan, I just want to play the damn game with minimum fuss

I am not sure if it the authenticator stuff is worth it for me anyway...since I am not that likely to play the game more than once...pity the security in this one will mean no item editor...

If you only play it once or twice, you don't need one. Hell, if you only plan to play Diablo 3 once or twice, save your money and buy something else you will play.

I was just trying think about the chances of hackers brute forcing two different security systems (Blizzard's & an email hosting service). I thought it was more likely that you had the same password for both accounts and thus the criminal's wouldn't have had to hack two different systems.

There are so many leaked databases floating around the internet with usernames, passwords and email addresses in them. It's most likely that they're using these as their main means of infiltrating accounts.

What was the deal with that advice earlier to completely delete the beta from the registry? What's the risk otherwise? I uninstalled it normally and have the D3 retail client installed and I don't feel like re-downloading it again.

Yoshichan

So what you're saying is that I have a chance to lead the Wall of Shame?
If you intend on posting actively when the game's out, you absolutely do stand a big chance!

maharg

idspispopd

Well, generally if you have someone's email account you can probably reset their passwords to anything they've registered to it.

profit

Well, chances are pretty high it seems ^^

hobart

It's really great to see how far the computing landscape has come... I used to be a very small section of the Mac gaming community... great to see some of you pop up.

I just wanted to let everyone know how I will handle the Mac v. PC aspect of Diablo gaming in the next few days. I've gamed primarily on my MacBook Pro during the beta season... I have Win7 via Bootcamp and the latest OSX (whatever the hell it is).

I don't think how the beta ran on our Macs should scare anyone. All your issues were known and acknowledged by the Blizzard team. From experience, I have played every major Blizzard game, natively on my Mac (D2, WC2, WoW and all expansions, SC2) flawlessly and enjoyably. Blizzard is VERY Mac friendly. Blizzard also, historically, has its beta-testers run true betas. The only optimal beta I can ever remember being a part of was SC2. Other than that.. most betas (and certainly alphas) that I've been in NEVER went smoothly. Relax.

But I understand why some of you are worried. I share in that apprehensiveness that will come on May 15. I will be taking precautions, and you should too, given the time that we have. I will note, however, that I do expect that I will be able to run D3 natively, smoothly, and successfully, relatively soon (if not immediately at launch!).

The great thing about how this is launching is that if you did as I did and purchased the e-copy, you will be able to install the game prior to its launch. This is great for someone like me because it will allow me to install the game on both OSes. I will spend an hour on 5/14 installing the game on both OSes.

If you are worried about optimal performance Day 1 and you have limited time, I wouldn't bother with launching the game on OSX. Beta-wise, I had the most success with the game running it on Win7 through Bootcamp and playing it on Windowed mode.

I've said this many times for all Mac-users -- if you are having trouble running this game... try playing the game in Windowed mode. This goes for ANY OS whether it be thru bootcamp or native OSX.

All of what I say could be moot. But, listen, this is an important evening for many of us and I think a little preparation can make game playing for us Mac-users just as enjoyable of an experience as our PC-gaming friends.

Junie12

I wished I have D2 now, I wanna give the Paladin another chance and beat the crap out of Durial, but man why did my cousin chose this time to get my PC :(

Shit is so unfair..

Yoshichan

So is gold supposed to actually be valuable this time around?
Absolutely! Not only does it seem to be the currency for everything in the game (this includes blacksmithing which will cost A LOT of money) - but you will also be able to RMAH the gold if you want to!

Lombax

Banned

So, did you get to keep the Gold?

Indeed I did, the biggest pain of the whole process was convincing them that I was not the gold farmer. Ended up having to talk to many a cusomer service rep and sent them a receipt for the authenticator purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom