• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

What was the deal with that advice earlier to completely delete the beta from the registry? What's the risk otherwise? I uninstalled it normally and have the D3 retail client installed and I don't feel like re-downloading it again.

You have the client downloaded. You can't install the actual game until the 14th. Since it's a quick thing, I'd just trust them and do it (move the 7.6gb install folder elsewhere, delete the folders, then move the install folder back).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have they said how roughly long we'll have to wait for the PvP?
A blue post mentioned that the plan is to release the PvP-patch before the end of this year.

scy

Indeed I did, the biggest pain of the whole process was convincing them that I was not the gold farmer. Ended up having to talk to many a cusomer service rep and sent them a receipt for the authenticator purchase.

Profiting from a hacked account at least softens the blow a little.

I think it was around a month or so after launch?

So 2014.

Raide

With the launch date a few days away, I am sure they are already working on PvP. Possibly a few months down the line, after the initial rush and bug fixes/gameplay tweaks.

You have the client downloaded. You can't install the actual game until the 14th. Since it's a quick thing, I'd just trust them and do it (move the 7.6gb install folder elsewhere, delete the folders, then move the install folder back).

Gotcha, thanks, I'm dumb and should have thought of that myself, haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Before we had actually discussions going, Yoshi you were going insane. Each day closer feels like a burden off of me.
Insane? I don't remember ever going truly insane... though I do feel that my body is starting to feel worse. Woke up two hours ago and felt like shit, though it's better right now.

Dartastic

I fucking love this description. Good job, Wal-Mart.

"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians.

Diablo III PC/Mac Game:
The Witch Doctor is a new character reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer
The Barbarians will have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal based on the use of their incredible physical prowess.
1-on-1' dueling system coming into play."

ROFL

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-II...00000000000003142040&veh=cse#Item+Description

injurai

Banned
Insane? I don't remember ever going truly insane... though I do feel that my body is starting to feel worse. Woke up two hours ago and felt like shit, though it's better right now.

Back in 2009 I would spend every night playing TF2 until 3 in the morning. Now I try to go to bed around 10:30-11:30. Sleep really helps. I would suggest getting it now before D3 drops to maximize your enjoyment of the upcoming week.

Yoshichan

If I get the authenticator, do I need to use it for every login? Or just once a week?
Around once a week and everytime you log on to your account on Battle.net

Evlar

Banned
I fucking love this description. Good job, Wal-Mart.

"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians.

Diablo III PC/Mac Game:
The Witch Doctor is a new character reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer
The Barbarians will have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal based on the use of their incredible physical prowess.
1-on-1' dueling system coming into play."

ROFL

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-II...00000000000003142040&veh=cse#Item+Description

I think that neatly emulates the Wal-Mart electronics department shopping experience.

Junie12

Back in 2009 I would spend every night playing TF2 until 3 in the morning. Now I try to go to bed around 10:30-11:30. Sleep really helps. I would suggest getting it now before D3 drops to maximize your enjoyment of the upcoming week.

Or just drink to keep yourself awake, at least that's what I do..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I was just looking through my spam email folder...

29NbG.png

They have no idea...

Raide

If I get the authenticator, do I need to use it for every login? Or just once a week?

You get use to using it very quickly. It adds a few seconds onto your login time. While I am booting the game, I already have the app running with the code ready.

zlatko

Banned
Thank goodness I was watching Game of Thrones when that supposed spoiler went down.

Ignoring the last few pages entirely lol.

neoism

So guys why is my authenticator number more than 10 digits on step 2 on bnet is says 10 digit serial number... mine has US then 12 numbers... I don't understand this and don't want to fuck up my account.

Yoshichan

Thank goodness I was watching Game of Thrones when that supposed spoiler went down.

Ignoring the last few pages entirely lol.
Umbasa.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You buy stuff from Lands End? I bought 4 pairs of expensive as fuck pants from them not too long ago. Quality stuff. I just can't find any shirts on there that aren't offensive.

Not really, no. The only reason I get emails from them is because I bought my dad something from there once that we ended up returning anyway.

hobart

So guys why is my authenticator number more than 10 digits on step 2 on bnet is says 10 digit serial number... mine has US then 12 numbers... I don't understand this and don't want to fuck up my account.

The serial is different from the authenticator code. Hit menu>setup and you'll see the serial number (what attached your authenticator to your account) and the authentication code (what changes every 20 seconds or so).

I tend to avoid caffeine, and I am not a huge fan of drunken gaming /undercore...

Yeah, drunk gaming only really works well when you're WoW raiding. :D

As for the 15th? I'm making myself a bowl of Cheerios and making a pot of coffee at 2am, to prep for the 3am server unlock.

Yoshichan

Why would you want to pause the code? It's 5 digits :3

neoism

ok cool lol I've never went this far to protect an account lol I have like 3 passwords for bnet.

How often do they make you put that in. I didn't click every time.

injurai

Banned
Drunken gaming can be great if you have a party! I need to see if I can organize a D3 party next weekend..

Nothing better to celebrate the next few years of your life with a party!

I reserve drunken gaming to L4D2. I think valve designed that game in mind of alcohol.

scy

ok cool lol I've never went this far to protect an account lol I have like 3 passwords for bnet.

How often do they make you put that in. I didn't click every time.

Probably the first few times and then down to about once a week.

Before we had actually discussions going, Yoshi you were going insane. Each day closer feels like a burden off of me.

I hate to be that guy but can't you guys pm each other this stuff? Every other post is some yoshichan emo bullshit. I can't read this thread any more.

V_Arnold

"If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present", the install won't proceed past 10%."

Oh, hello there, bug that literally took a month of beta away from me. Hello! *hugs*

Yoshichan

I would love to be part of Drunken D3GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom